• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

The jets....Also, they beat the vikings a week later after we spanked them.
Maybe they aren't always consistent but they've played some solid games. I don't think it's that bad of a loss for the Packers, and it definitely wasn't as ugly as when the Packers embarrassed the Bears.

eznark

Banned
The Colts loss wouldn't be a bad loss except that they blew a huge lead. If they just why out and got beat I'd have no real problem with it. The Colts are the second best team in the AFC.

ari

Banned
Maybe they aren't always consistent but they've played some solid games. I don't think it's that bad of a loss for the Packers, and it definitely wasn't as ugly as when the Packers embarrassed the Bears.

a 23-10 loss was more embarrassing then a 18 point comeback from a rookie QB?

EDIT: Week two was earlier in the season, why not throw that in the equation like you just did for the colts?

Mrbob

You lost to a team who lost to the Colts!

Bears beat Colts by 20 at home

Packers lose to Colts by 3 on road

Bears lose to Packers by 13 on the road

According to my formula:

Z = A + B - C +Small Boost Home Win - Small Boost Road Loss - Small Boost Road Loss I get the Bears still on top!

Suck it.

EDIT: Week two was earlier in the season, why not throw that in the equation like you just did for the colts?
Forget the score, Cutler was completely and totally embarrassed in that game. 11/27 for 126 with 1 TD and 4 picks. It was pathetic.

As for your edit, I wasn't aware the Bears had a rookie QB and new head coach this year.

The Colts loss wouldn't be a bad loss except that they blew a huge lead. If they just why out and got beat I'd have no real problem with it. The Colts are the second best team in the AFC.
Yeah, the blown lead part was sad but at least they weren't completely dominated like the Bears were in that Packers/Bears game.

Man reading those election threads and fb responses is hilarious for a non-American. The salt and vitriol being spewed is just wow compared to Australia where nobody gives a fuck and we are actually forced to vote.

On other news Skelton Sucks!!!! Go Cards!!!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Bears beat Colts by 20 at home

Packers lose to Colts by 3 on road

Bears lose to Packers by 13 on the road

According to my formula:

Z = A + B - C +Small Boost Home Win - Small Boost Road Loss - Small Boost Road Loss I get the Bears still on top!

Suck it.

Sorry man, the BCS computers disagree. You're a one loss team that lost to a team that is barely even ranked!

ari

Banned
Forget the score, Cutler was completely and totally embarrassed in that game. 11/27 for 126 with 1 TD and 4 picks. It was pathetic.

As for your edit, I wasn't aware the Bears had a rookie QB and new head coach this year.

Yeah, the blown lead part was sad but at least they weren't completely dominated like the Bears were in that Packers/Bears game.

1) a divisional game where the packers are 7-1 in the last 3 years. Not good by any means but its a fact the the packers got are number. Anyway, you seen what they did to the texans...right?

2) blowing a 18 point lead to a rookie QB and a first year coach (your words) is shitty no matter how you spin it....."but but but, packers dominated cutler and and", doesn't fucking matter. At the end of the day, we still demolished the colts just like we did 4 other teams on our schedule. Which wasn't week one.

let it spin red...let it spin.

*sigh*

Paul Schwartz @NYPost_Schwartz

Given the injury history of Hakeem Nicks and his once-again swollen knee, seems unlikely he willl play Sunday in Cinc

Paul Schwartz @NYPost_Schwartz

Not practicing: Canty, Williams, Nicks, Snee, Blackburn, Bradshaw, Phillips.

As for Kenny Phillips:

Tom Coughlin didn’t want to call it a setback but of course it is one no matter what the Giants coach says. Safety Kenny Phillips, thought to be ready to return last week from a knee injury, has been shut down through the Week 11 bye week, meaning he won’t play Sunday against the Bengals, missing his sixth consecutive game.

Fox318

Man reading those election threads and fb responses is hilarious for a non-American. The salt and vitriol being spewed is just wow compared to Australia where nobody gives a fuck and we are actually forced to vote.

We are a strong nation in that we are both united and divided.

1) a divisional game where the packers are 7-1 in the last 3 years. Not good by any means but its a fact the the packers got are number. Anyway, you seen what they did to the texans...right?

2) blowing a 18 point lead to a rookie QB and a first year coach (your words) is shitty no matter how you spin it against the bears. At the end of the day, we still demolished the colts just like we did 5 other teams on our schedule. Which wasn't week one.

let it spin red...let it spin.
I'm kind of losing you at this point but the bottom line is this: I think it's silly for you to make fun of a team that beat your team in their only head to head game this year. Period.

I actually like the Bears, they're probably my favorite team in the NFC. I would like to see them beat the Packers next time they play. I'm just calling it like I see it.

Mrbob

My problem with losing to the Packers is it's usually not the offense which beats Chicago. The Bears defense does a decent job keeping Rodgers in check. It's just that Cutler goes full retard every time he plays the GB defense. It's infuriating.

My problem with losing to the Packers is it's usually not the offense which beats Chicago. The Bears defense does a decent job keeping Rodgers in check. It's just that Cutler goes full retard every time he plays the GB defense. It's infuriating.
Yeah, I think the Bears have the potential to hang with the Packers and even beat them but it's going to take a better effort from Cutler. Gotta minimize those turnovers.

ari

Banned
I'm kind of losing you at this point but the bottom line is this: I think it's silly for you to make fun of a team that beat your team in their only head to head game this year. Period.

I actually like the Bears, they're probably my favorite team in the NFC. I would like to see them beat the Packers next time they play. I'm just calling it like I see it.

i wasn't even making fun man.

all i am saying that the bears got dominated, Sure. But greenbay lost against an inferior opponent. They was up big time in that game.

Again, the bears our divisional rivals, totally different landscape. Remember that the redskins beat the giants twice last year. The list could go on and on but divisional games isn't true for other divisions and conferences. like when tampa bay always guarantee a win against the saints no matter how awful tampa bay is.

effzee

With almost 5 of the 6 NFC playoff spots all but secured, the Eagles chances to get in are slim to none. Realistically they would have to go undefeated to even have a chance.

So with that said good bye Reid. Its been a good yet utterly frustrating run.

Rest of the season I will just wish for the Eagles to beat the division rivals, starting this Sunday with the Cowboys.

Fuck the Cowboys. I don't know how we do it against their great pass rush and now with Todd Herrameans out for the season. The OLINE is basically starting all back ups (and some of them third string guys) against the Cowboys this week. Vick can't read the blitz and he will be killed either this week or any coming week now. I just wish for one good game where they beat the Cowboys. Just give me that Reid and Co. Just run McCoy and Brown all game. Please!

ari

Banned
With almost 5 of the 6 NFC playoff spots all but secured, the Eagles chances to get in are slim to none. Realistically they would have to go undefeated to even have a chance.

So with that said good bye Reid. Its been a good yet utterly frustrating run.

Rest of the season I will just wish for the Eagles to beat the division rivals, starting this Sunday with the Cowboys.

Fuck the Cowboys. I don't know how we do it against their great pass rush and now with Todd Herrameans out for the season. The OLINE is basically starting all back ups (and some of them third string guys) against the Cowboys this week. Vick can't read the blitz and he will be killed either this week or any coming week now. I just wish for one good game where they beat the Cowboys. Just give me that Reid and Co. Just run McCoy and Brown all game. Please!
I hope reid will be on fox or cbs and don't coach again. I am sure his son's death have something to do with his coaching. If not, dudes going to the chargers or Chiefs in less then 10 minutes after getting fired.

effzee

I hope reid will be on fox or cbs and don't coach again. I am sure his son's death have something to do with his coaching. If not, dudes going to the chargers or Chiefs in less then 10 minutes after getting fired.

I don't think he will stop. He didn't stop when his two sons were caught selling drugs and then served jail time.

He didn't stop when one of those two sons passed away. He won't stop now. If anything he will be more motivated to prove himself. And he will have success wherever he goes. But to me there will always be a ceiling to his success until he finds the QB that fits his system, or the type of system he wants to run.

squicken

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/07/signature-stat-snapshot-time-to-throw/

PFF finally came out with there time in pocket and time to sack stuff. I've been try to keep track of that a bit when I looked at the game film to see how long Luck/Bradford had to throw.

It's a good read. Kind of confirms a lot of what we see. Brady gets forever in the pocket. Alex holds it too long and juices his completion percentage by taking sacks instead of throwing it away

ari

Banned
I don't think he will stop. He didn't stop when his two sons were caught selling drugs and then served jail time.

He didn't stop when one of those two sons passed away. He won't stop now. If anything he will be more motivated to prove himself. And he will have success wherever he goes. But to me there will always be a ceiling to his success until he finds the QB that fits his system, or the type of system he wants to run.

He goes to kansas city and brings foles with him.....A new AFC elite is born.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/07/signature-stat-snapshot-time-to-throw/

PFF finally came out with there time in pocket and time to sack stuff. I've been try to keep track of that a bit when I looked at the game film to see how long Luck/Bradford had to throw.

It's a good read. Kind of confirms a lot of what we see. Brady gets forever in the pocket. Alex holds it too long and juices his completion percentage by taking sacks instead of throwing it away

if that is intentional, then harbaurgh even coached that. I remember when luck said he would rather run or hold then throw the ball away when he was at stanford. Lol.

Again, the bears our divisional rivals, totally different landscape. Remember that the redskins beat the giants twice last year. The list could go on and on but divisional games isn't true for other divisions and conferences. like when tampa bay always guarantee a win against the saints no matter how awful tampa bay is.

Congrats, you can beat up on shitty teams. At least we take care of business and embarrass the Bears every time we face you. Lovie Smith has really upheld his promise when he was hired that he would beat the Packers lolol.

The best thing is that no matter what you do going forward, unless you can beat the Packers in the NFC Championship game and make our starting QB turn into a walking pussy, the Bears will still be second fiddle to the Packers.

ari

Banned
Congrats, you can beat up on shitty teams. At least we take care of business and embarrass the Bears every time we face you. Lovie Smith has really upheld his promise when he was hired that he would beat the Packers lolol.

The best thing is that no matter what you do going forward, unless you can beat the Packers in the NFC Championship game and make our starting QB turn into a walking pussy, the Bears will still be second fiddle to the Packers.

i absolutely agree, i think beating you guys are all that is left for this team honestly. I can't help but keep thinking that back then, the cowboys always shit on the giants, until the divisional playoff game where Eli proved himself back in 2007. Not the same, but sorta.

I do agree with you with the packers record also. Although, Lovie smith did beat the breaks off of the Farve led packers.....

Did you see Scho is out for the season now? lol Throw your hands in the air brother and bring on the 2013 season! Should be interesting if we pay the bonus to keep Kolb or decide his lack of durability isn't worth it. The irony is it might not be his fault this time, any QB but one with insane quick reads and release like Warner had would not survive behind this line.

squicken

if that is intentional, then harbaurgh even coached that. I remember when luck said he would rather run or hold then throw the ball away when he was at stanford. Lol.

If the QB is skilled at it, then he should hold it as long as he can w/o making a negative play. Luck will hold it and run or eventually throw, often ill-advised, to a tightly covered player. Alex just eats it. I can't imagine Harbaugh coaches him to take sacks. He probably coaches him to not throw INTs no matter what, and Alex's interpretation of that is to eat the ball when anyone gets close to him

tmdorsey

After seeing the Cowboys D-Line in action in person and seeing how the Eagles O-Line played against the Saints, I don't see how Vick survives the first quarter.

Did you see Scho is out for the season now? lol Throw your hands in the air brother and bring on the 2013 season! Should be interesting if we pay the bonus to keep Kolb or decide his lack of durability isn't worth it. The irony is it might not be his fault this time, any QB but one with insane quick reads and release like Warner had would not survive behind this line.

And yet teams like the cards and rams didn't draft oline early. Learn from the niners! Build those lines!

AirBrian

6-2 versus Favre is pretty damn good. It's Rodgers he can't beat: 2-8 including the NFCC.

And if the two teams don't meet in the playoffs but the Bears win the SB, I don't give two shits if the Bears never win a game against the Packers. I'd rather be a Super Bowl "second fiddle" champion than "king" of the division but out fishing loser.

eznark

Banned
6-2 versus Favre is pretty damn good. It's Rodgers he can't beat: 2-8 including the NFCC.

And if the two teams don't meet in the playoffs but the Bears win the SB, I don't give two shits if the Bears never win a game against the Packers. I'd rather be a Super Bowl "second fiddle" champion than "king" of the division but out fishing loser.

You only need 5 more Championships to take the lead! Good luck!

effzee

After seeing the Cowboys D-Line in action in person and seeing how the Eagles O-Line played against the Saints, I don't see how Vick survives the first quarter.

The mess that the offense is not going to change. The D, which played relatively well in our wins has to show up. Its gotten worse the past two weeks, though we did play two of the better offensive teams. The D that helped keep the Ravens and Giants in check has to show up. Right now they seem slow to the ball and even when they get there they can't tackle.

Just a lack of toughness and urgency across the board on D. They rank right at the bottom in forcing turnovers, sacks, stopping the run, and have to lead in missed tackles.

On offense knowing how bad the OLINE is and how Vick plays scared, they have to stick with the run. A two headed run attack non stop keeps Romo off the field and helps them march down the field. Sure take your shots deep but first set up the run. Redzone offense would improve as well if they just stick with running the ball.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You only need 5 more Championships to take the lead! Good luck!

543456_10100411070752917_1425661272_n.jpg

Top Bottom