• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
im wondering how the football gods are going to punish baltimore for that fake field goal TD.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I still can't believe we have tie games in the NFL. It almost never happens so there's never any pressure to change it!

Kiryu

If 49er's tied... and lose to Chicago bears...

Are Seahawks first place in NFC west after losing all of NFC west team on road...?

Spinluck

Texans better hope no one ever finds a way to effectively contain that running game. Cause Schaub damn sure won't carry that team on his shoulders in the playoffs.

It was nice to see an all out defensive game though, good shit.

If 49er's tied... and lose to Chicago bears...

Are Seahawks first place in NFC west after losing all of NFC west team on road...?

the seahawks are a game and a half out of first officially. and actually, i'll call it 2 and a half because they have the worst division record (they have not won a division game). dont cream your panties yet cupcake

also, squicken what did you think about fishers clock management? i found it baffling that the rams got that first down at the 2 yard line and immediately took a timeout with about 1:10 left. i mean.... you have 3 timeouts. a smart thing to do would be to let the clock run down a bit. you have 3 timeouts. you are guaranteed 4 plays there with those timeouts. by taking a timeout, you left the niners with 2 timeouts and 1 minute+. obviously not that i minded but just questionable by fisher

Kiryu

the seahawks are a game and a half out of first officially. and actually, i'll call it 2 and a half because they have the worst division record (they have not won a division game). dont cream your panties yet cupcake
I just don't think that Tie game helps me to think or figure how am I suppose to think that Seahawks is leading over 49ers by half win/half lose?
I dislike tie games.
Either way, Seahawks have to win all 3 Divisional game to settle a tie of divisional record. (3-3) or we will miss the playoff.

I just don't think that Tie game helps me to think or figure how am I suppose to think that Seahawks is leading over 49ers by half win/half lose?
I dislike tie games.
Either way, Seahawks have to win all 3 Divisional game to settle a tie of divisional record. (3-3) or we will miss the playoff.

there is really no chance that the 49ers and seahawks will end with the same record, so divisional record won't really matter. the most games the 49ers can win this year are 13. if the 49ers and seahawks both finish with say 11 wins, the 49ers would win the division no matter what seattles divisional record is because 11-4-1 > 11-5. now if the chickens finished with more wins than the niners then it doesn't take a myron rolle to figure out they would win the division.

seahawks have a pretty easy remaining schedule so we need to keep on winning or risk missing the playoffs completely!

I dislike tie games.

Seattle can still easily win wild card.

It will most likely be ATL, Bears/Packers (one wild card), Seattle/SF (one wild card) and winner of NFC East.

Minny has an outside shot. They do have the tiebreaker over SF, but not Seattle. Plus they have both the Bears and Packers in their division so it's highly improbable for them to sneak in. Saints still have an outside shot, but eh I don't trust that D.

So yea I like our chances. GO SEAHAWKS! We only have the Bears on the road that's really a hard game. The rest are really winnable especially the three divisional game all being at HOME.

anyone else scared as shit to live in the south after the election? These rednecks are going fucking crazy down here! My roomate thinks Obama is a muslim that was sent here to destroy America from within... I am going to get murdered in my sleep :(

anyone else scared as shit to live in the south after the election? These rednecks are going fucking crazy down here! My roomate thinks Obama is a muslim that was sent here to destroy America from within... I am going to get murdered in my sleep :(

It took the election to give you this notion? I've been scared of the south for a god damn decade now.

Kiryu

Seattle can still easily win wild card.

It will most likely be ATL, Bears/Packers (one wild card), Seattle/SF (one wild card) and winner of NFC East.

Minny has an outside shot. They do have the tiebreaker over SF, but not Seattle. Plus they have both the Bears and Packers in their division so it's highly improbable for them to sneak in. Saints still have an outside shot, but eh I don't trust that D.

So yea I like our chances. GO SEAHAWKS! We only have the Bears on the road that's really a hard game. The rest are really winnable especially the three divisional game all being at HOME.
Good thing that Seahawks had pretty good numbers at Chicago Soldierfield...

It will be tough win but that will be all on Seahawk's team ability on the away.

it's not just the south. i live in socal and i had a lady from work (who i have on facebook) say "i've been disappointed in election results before but this is the first time in my life that i am actually scared. i'm scared for my family" because obama was elected. i thought about responding but its not worth the time. i feel like a lot of people i know that hate obama (i dont know many, but the ones i do know) just dont like him because he's black. they've never come out and said that but just the kinds of things they say makes me think it is a racial issue. maybe i'm off base with that though!

It took the election to give you this notion? I've been scared of the south for a god damn decade now.

Well i am a white male so i guess they always thought i was one of them. I just talked weird to them(meaning i talked correct) - heaven forbid that I even imply that Obama isnt a Muslim sent here to destroy America. Now i am public enemy number one!

They probably think I collect welfare, got a free cell phone, and i illegally voted now too.

mastershake
1983-2012
:(

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Well i am a white male so i guess they always thought i was one of them. I just talked weird to them(meaning i talked correct) - heaven forbid that I even imply that Obama isnt a Muslim sent here to destroy America. Now i am public enemy number one!

They probably think I collect welfare, got a free cell phone, and i illegally voted now too.

mastershake
1983-2012
:(

It could certainly be worse. You could be a minority.

It could certainly be worse. You could be a minority.

94429586016923563103.jpg

it's not just the south. i live in socal and i had a lady from work (who i have on facebook) say "i've been disappointed in election results before but this is the first time in my life that i am actually scared. i'm scared for my family" because obama was elected. i thought about responding but its not worth the time. i feel like a lot of people i know that hate obama (i dont know many, but the ones i do know) just dont like him because he's black. they've never come out and said that but just the kinds of things they say makes me think it is a racial issue. maybe i'm off base with that though!

Nah... i get that same vibe from some of my facebook 'friends'. The shit they say is just suspect as hell. The post election meltdown has brought the crazy to the surface. White people are embarrassing the shit out of me right now :/

Oh well, i rather they be openly racist so i don't have to deal with their ass. That 'Unfriend' shit works in real like too, brah!

Milchjon

Stories like this one seem so crazy from an outsider's perspective. Just how prevalent is this kind of thinking? It sounds like it should be the view of a crazy few, but you hear so many of these stories.

Smokey

it was always about him being black

Wondering if anyone can help me out with something. Due to be in New Orleans in December, when there's a Saints game on(Panthers). Is there any level/section where the atmosphere is better, or any level to avoid as it's a bit dead? First live NFL game and want to make sure it's the best experience it can be, and no idea where to sit!

verbum

Stories like this one seem so crazy from an outsider's perspective. Just how prevalent is this kind of thinking? It sounds like it should be the view of a crazy few, but you hear so many of these stories.

I live in Georgia, I would say roughly 10-20% of the conservatives are crazy folk. My neighbors do home repairs and construction. They might be considered rednecks. Neither graduated high school and use the n word in everyday speech. They are very racist but buy their pot from a black dealer because he is more "trustworthy" according to them. They are very much against a black man in power. We just elected our first black sheriff. So they are keeping on low down because he will "target white folks for traffic tickets since we have the most money". I don't even try and talk politics with them.
A lot of the rest of conservatives are scared Obama will spend us into another recession. The remaining oppose him on the social issues.
The suburban bedroom county, Columbia county, went 90-95% Romney. The county I live in, Richmond county, went 60-70% Obama. Columbia county is probably 80-90% white. Richmond county is about 50-60% white.
We're all Falcons fans.

Really didn't think we would have beaten the Bears. Glad to see I was proved wrong. Lets carry this momentum to a 15-1 record and a Super Bowl!

Woke up hoping the Dolphins game was a nightmare but apparently it really happened. I like to give my thoughts on the game afterwards but in this case what's to analyze? The Dolphins turned the ball over 4 times and once they got behind early it was over. It was a pathetically embarrassing display from Tannehill, Bush, and the entire defense.

It was fun pretending that the Dolphins were slightly more than average for awhile but it's obvious now that they were playing well above their talent level. At this point I'm expecting no better than 8-8 (but something worse wouldn't surprise me).

Hopefully Philbin has what it takes to get this team to respond when it matters, and hopefully Tannehill learns from this and doesn't become the next Chad Henne.

ari

Banned
Really didn't think we would have beaten the Bears. Glad to see I was proved wrong. Lets carry this momentum to a 15-1 record and a Super Bowl!
Not all starting qbs will go out with concussions.

Holyshit at a niners/bears backup qb Monday night football showdown. The fuck is this shit?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This is what happens when the Browns don't play gentlemen. Admit it you miss us, we help disperse all the badness that goes on throughout the league.

bionic77

LOL

Does Green Bay not get Fox News or AM radio? Where have you been for the past 12 years?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Not really no. I live in the one southern state that (thankfully) refuses to admit its in the south.

Top Bottom