• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

bionic77

More like 20.
It was not this bad in the 90s. They were moving in that direction, but they did not abandon science and embrace religion to this extent until probably after 9/11, which they used as a mandate to go full on crazytime.

I actually remember when I was a kid when a lot of the smarter commentators used to be Republicans. They wanted their tax breaks but they had good ideas on economic (not supply side nonsense) and foreign policies.

:lol My kids will never believe me.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It was not this bad in the 90s. They were moving in that direction, but they did not abandon science and embrace religion to this extent until probably after 9/11, which they used as a mandate to go full on crazytime.
Militia movement hit its peak in the 90s. Did you also know that the Clintons personally murdered dozens of people? AM Talk Radio said so!

Roger Ailes, now President of Fox News, also produced Rush Limbaugh's TV show while it lived from 1992 to 1996.

Is it Wednesday yet?

go-god-go-part-2-20061102015236763.jpg

beast786

anyone else scared as shit to live in the south after the election? These rednecks are going fucking crazy down here! My roomate thinks Obama is a muslim that was sent here to destroy America from within... I am going to get murdered in my sleep :(

Please don't blame the Muslims. There are like less than 2% in this country And none in any political power position. seriously , they can't even do stuff even in there own countries and people actually think they will change USA?

Milchjon

Please don't blame the Muslims. There are like less than 2% in this country And none in any political power position. seriously , they can't even do stuff even in there own countries and people actually think they will change USA?

Well, the President is a Muslim, of course they have power!

I think you misinterpreted what mastershake wrote?

Giants on bye....what a strange coincidence both the Jets and Giants got blown out before their bye week, lol someone fucked up the script at NFL headquarters...

squicken

No Tebow for one more week. I don't think the Rams could possibly stop any running or mobile QB

edit: Saints say Falcons were classless

Shanle said the tension between the two teams began in pregame warm-ups, when several Falcons players began taunting ex-Atlanta linebacker Curtis Lofton, who joined the Saints as a free agent last March.

"They were talking [expletive] to our guy Curtis Lofton," Shanle told Y! Sports on Sunday night. "I couldn't even understand them. They were just walking all over our drills trying to mess with him. [Linebacker Jonathan] Vilma went and told their coach it was classless and they didn't even say anything. It set the tone for the day. It was classless and they got what they deserved."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--s...-classless--before-sunday-s-game11582231.html

Yesterday was the worst home loss for the Dolphins since 1968. I can honestly say it was worse than every game they played during their 1-15 season back in '07.

Milchjon

Antonio Cromartie was asked what he would say to the fans calling for Tebow.

"They can kiss my butt," Cromartie said via the New York Post. (Yes, we think they creatively adjusted the quote to "butt." It happens.)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Nah both teams just suck.

Hey we the defending Champs, you think I give a damn right now? this is golden times for Giants fan, after watching them suck for 17 seasons, this is great, I am enjoying the ride and EVERY year the Giants have a game or 2 like yesterday, where they look like COMPLETE shit the next one will be against the Saints...the team that dominated the 9ers is on vacation...

Yeah hard to build up anything when the one storyline is whether the obvious losing team's ex-HC will run the score up

Confession - i'm scared to death for this game.

Steelers never play well in games where it's assumed they'll beat the shit out of the opponent - look at Steelers Colts last year.

Hopefully Haley will change that.

bionic77

Confession - i'm scared to death for this game.

Steelers never play well in games where it's assumed they'll beat the shit out of the opponent - look at Steelers Colts last year.

Hopefully Haley will change that.
You still need a below average qb to score 20 points on our shit defense in the 4th quarter to beat us when we don't show up.

Chiefs don't have that.

squicken

The NFC is just going to come down to seeding and matchups. GB doesn't match up well vs NYG or SF, but is fine vs the others.

I'm not really sure which playoff team CHI matches up well against. Their offense is just so bad.

SF doesn't seem as good as last year. They have no pass rush other than Justin Smith holding guards so Aldon Smith. I'm not saying that to be salty, it's just an observation. Aldon Smith really doesn't do much as a 1v1 pass rusher, and he's their only guy on a 4 man rush

Need to see more of ATL vs the good teams, and NO is a potential nightmare. The way they can score and give up points means they can lose to and beat anyone

MechDX

anyone else scared as shit to live in the south after the election? These rednecks are going fucking crazy down here! My roomate thinks Obama is a muslim that was sent here to destroy America from within... I am going to get murdered in my sleep :(

Well I have been starting rumors at Twin Peaks you are a left wing, bleeding heart democrat in your Packers gear! :p

Seriously, dont sweat it. Youre living in the 4th largest city in America that is in the middle of conservative America yet has an openly gay mayor.

You still need a below average qb to score 20 points on our shit defense in the 4th quarter to beat us when we don't show up.

Chiefs don't have that.

Neither did the Colts. They just rode Addai then hit us with play action.

Steelers will probably win, I just don't think it's gonna be the free ride everyone assumes.

GG Cowboys.

Dunlap. He should be cut tomorrow. First thing tomorrow. Foles looked good. Reid LOL.

Yeah King is terrible. They cant cut him since they have no one to replace him with sadly though. You really thought that Foles looked good? His accuracy was really off on a few throws and he seemed to hold the ball way to long. Hopefully he will improve going forward but my expectations are as low as they could be. I really think the Eagles are going to have to look for a QB in the offseason and they arnt any. This is the start of a very long period of nothing but losses.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
This is what happens when the Browns don't play gentlemen. Admit it you miss us, we help disperse all the badness that goes on throughout the league.
You've shown us your true colors. You're dead to me.

Chiefs don't have that.

Your thoughts on Dantoni?

squicken

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=7881

Browns players in favor of changing shitty uniforms

No player suggested that changing uniforms would change the team’s fortunes on the field. But the general sentiment was that change is good and the drab sameness of the Browns’ uniforms is somewhat deflating. They want a few more options than all-white or brown-on-white. And they agree that a change in uniforms would aptly signify the change in direction – the jolt of energy -- brought by Haslam.

“I think it’s a new generation of football,” said safety T.J. Ward. “Especially with us being one of the youngest teams, I think the consensus is we kind of all want something fresh, a new look. There’s nothing wrong with keeping the same look, but maybe an alternate or a change-up. But we still have to play football.”

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Does Texas identify itself as "southern"? Seems like they prefer to be their own country much less being associated with the rest of the South.

Texas feels more like "cowboy country" and you can lump it in with Oklahoma and Kansas better than Alabama.

Basically you're more likely to get dragged to death from the back of a pickup instead of lynched.

bionic77

Neither did the Colts. They just rode Addai then hit us with play action.

Steelers will probably win, I just don't think it's gonna be the free ride everyone assumes.
It will follow the usual script.

Instead of us blowing them the fuck out we will let them hang around and look horrible in the process. Everyone in the media will overreact and declare us to be shams and frauds until next week when we destroy the Ravens and suddenly become the 2nd best team in the AFC.

MechDX

It seems surreal that we control our destiny in the AFC. We have wins over our two biggest challengers in the conference: Denver and Baltimore and we still have a big Monday night game against the Patriots. The one team that really worries me is the Steelers. They are coming around nicely and they would have a chip on their shoulder from the beatdown we gave them last year.

Right now we focus on the Jags.

bionic77

Phil Jackson clearly didn't want to come back. Who else would you have wanted?
Clearly? I must have read a different story on ESPN where he said he was stunned that he was not hired.

If I could have anyone I could get I would have wanted Adelman but he is locked up. What I really would have wanted was for them to have fired Brown BEFORE the season started so they were not scrambling for a coach at the last minute.

The Patriots really seem to be flying under the radar this year. I think they're a better team than the Broncos and if their secondary plays better than average they are good enough to beat anyone in the AFC. I wouldn't be surprised to see them back in the SB.

jmdajr

It seems surreal that we control our destiny in the AFC. We have wins over our two biggest challengers in the conference: Denver and Baltimore and we still have a big Monday night game against the Patriots. The one team that really worries me is the Steelers. They are coming around nicely and they would have a chip on their shoulder from the beatdown we gave them last year.

Right now we focus on the Jags.

Jags might be terrible, but could still be a trap game getting off the high from Sunday Night's game.

When is MJD coming back?

MechDX

Jags might be terrible, but could still be a trap game getting off the high from Sunday Night's game.

When is MJD coming back?

MJD as of right now will not play Sunday. I dont think Houston will come out flat or on a high. Kubiak will tell them this week they played bad and they will come out fired up. Look for Schaub to be on fire.

I didn't watch any football yesterday, outside of the 4th quarter between the Texans and Bears. So this is completely blind commentary on my part.

Panthers/Broncos-Not surprised in the least about the outcome of this one. We were just outmatched completely. The Broncos are a good football team and have the capability to be a very good football team at times. The Panthers are a bad football team and have the capability to be a very bad football team at times. I miss Foxy though. :( That's my motherfucking coach, man! Fox>>>Rivera

Regarding the way the Broncos "dissed" Cam, I have absolutely no problem with it. Cam deserves everything he got yesterday. When you talk yourself up and troll other teams on multiple occasions, you shouldn't surprised when teams specifically target you. If he doesn't want to be ridiculed, he should shut up and play better football.

Interesting (Depressing) Note: Both Manning brothers came to Bank of America Stadium this year. Between those two games:

Manning Bros-72
Panthers-21

Also :jnc at the Falcons. They go from being the worst undefeated team at this point in an NFL season in history to the worst 8-1 team in history.

Top Bottom