• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

In honor of the Bucs being the best 5-4 team of all time, here's some more of my food.

xQpA7.jpg
That looks so good.

squicken

also, squicken what did you think about fishers clock management? i found it baffling that the rams got that first down at the 2 yard line and immediately took a timeout with about 1:10 left. i mean.... you have 3 timeouts. a smart thing to do would be to let the clock run down a bit. you have 3 timeouts. you are guaranteed 4 plays there with those timeouts. by taking a timeout, you left the niners with 2 timeouts and 1 minute+. obviously not that i minded but just questionable by fisher

It was awful. I also didn't like settling for a 53 yard FG. He had a bad game imo. The coaches in general did, other than Schotty, who called a great game. Fisher did call the 2nd fake punt, which was a very clever and timely play. The first one was all on the punter, who is free to do that when a opponent uncovers the gunner

Biggest thing is all the penalties. I thought the delay on the FG was something that is normally let go since it was so close to zero, but otherwise, just too many pre-snap penalties and penalties on ST. He talked of addressing it in the bye week, and made ominous threats about it getting fixed, but it was the same old same old. Every single return it seems like the hold or block in the back. The WRs are good for 2 or 3 formation penalties a game. Sam for at least one delay of game. The OL for 2 false starts. Constantly making it harder than it has to be

He sits two rookies for team violations and yet all the penalties keep happening. Discipline/coaching issue.

Also, this might be my favorite Rams play over the past three years

stuff-willhapkb.gif

LOL

Where have you been for the past 12 years?

Living under a rock apparently. I've never seen so many openly racist people in my life. This is also the first true southern state I've lived in(Arkansas).

Does Texas identify itself as "southern"? Seems like they prefer to be their own country much less being associated with the rest of the South.

Texas feels more like "cowboy country" and you can lump it in with Oklahoma and Kansas better than Alabama.

Basically you're more likely to get dragged to death from the back of a pickup instead of lynched.

Not in Texas yet! But yeah i dont consider texas the south really...

bionic77

You guys are so fucking lazy. Let me just cut and paste the article about Shanahan.
And this from the feud between the late Al Davis -- who fired Mike Shanahan as coach of the Raiders after only 20 games, and balked at paying him the $250,000 remaining on his contract:
Prior to a Raiders-Niners game in 1994, when Shanahan was San Francisco's offensive coordinator, Shanahan admitted directing Steve Young to throw a football at Davis on the field during pregame warmups. Davis had wandered to the 49ers side of the field during warmups to check the team out. Players were complaining to Shanahan about it. Myers got Shanahan, now the Washington coach, to tell him the story inside his Redskins office recently.
Writes Myers:
"Guys, we'll win the game, don't worry about it. Don't let him bother you," Shanahan said.
The end of the 49ers' pregame drill took them back to their own 5-yard line. Davis was standing 35 yards away. "Hey, get him out of there," the players said to Shanahan. Shanahan was pissed at Davis for disrupting his pregame routine. And surely he was still pissed at him for not paying him the $250,000. "Now I started thinking. Okay, so we got one more play left," Shanahan said.
Shanahan is telling this story seated behind his desk at Redskins Park. It's a quiet spring day, but suddenly he's animated. On the sideline, Shanahan's face gets red, and it looks like the veins are about to pop out of his neck when he gets mad. Off the field, you rarely see his emotional side. But he had no use for Davis. Davis had embarrassed him by firing him almost without giving him a chance, and during that pregame Shanahan wanted to put a scare into his nemesis. Shanahan came up with the idea of how to send Davis back to his side of the field and needed one of his quarterbacks to be his accomplice. Young said he was more than happy to oblige.
"Throw a go route," Shanahan told Young. "If you happen to hit that guy in the white outfit with the ball, you won't make me mad." The receiver was Jerry Rice. He ran the go route. Shanahan didn't really want to drill Davis. But if it happened, maybe he would never stand on the 49ers' side of the field again. Of course, if he hit Davis, Shanahan would never get his $250,000. Young dropped back to pass. He threw the ball in Davis' direction. Rice, whom Shanahan did not bring into the loop on this little bit of mischief, was running downfield, looking up for the ball. He was not looking at Davis. He didn't see Davis. Shanahan saw the ball. He saw the receiver. He saw Davis. All three were about to occupy the same spot. Shanahan thought Davis saw the ball coming. He did not.
"Oh, my God," Shanahan said. "I wanted to scare him. I didn't want to kill him." The ball and the receiver were closing in on Davis. "Al realizes that the ball and everybody is coming at him about five yards before there is going to be contact," Shanahan said. "I think he's going to be run over. And he dives; he actually dives out of the way. Well, half of our players see what happens, and they are all laughing." Young drilled Davis in the leg.
It was not surprising that he found his target. Young completed 64.3 percent of his passes in his career. "Ten years after this happened, I was walking out of a stadium on a Monday night, and Al came up to me," Young said. "He told me that he knew it was me." Young told Davis that he was ashamed of himself, more so than with anything else he had ever done. He then sent him a letter of apology.
Shanahan is so fired up that he gets out of his seat to finish the story. He loves this story. It was revenge. He explains in great detail Davis diving on the grass at Candlestick Park, getting to his feet, his hair falling down in front of his face. Davis stared him down from 35 yards away and gave him the middle finger.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/12/week-10/index.html#ixzz2C1axo6dU

Clearly? I must have read a different story on ESPN where he said he was stunned that he was not hired.

If I could have anyone I could get I would have wanted Adelman but he is locked up. What I really would have wanted was for them to have fired Brown BEFORE the season started so they were not scrambling for a coach at the last minute.

I just saw the Lakers news. Insane that Phil wanted to come back and they said no thanks. What has D'Antoni ever done in the NBA? Guy has failed twice already no idea why he would get such a big job now. Lakers are going to regret this big time.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My buddy is moving towards meltdown mode in regards to Vick.

He is pissed off that the O-line is somehow able to protect Foles while Vick gets destroyed. He has decided it's either two things:

1. Management told them not to block for Vick.

2. Racism.

And yes he is being serious.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

He is pissed off that the O-line is somehow able to protect Foles while Vick gets destroyed. He has decided it's either two things:

2. Racism.

Or you know.....awareness. But racism is more fun so let's go with that!

2. Racism.

My god he is an idiot. Dallas' pass rush was terrible yesterday. They didnt get any sacks on Vick either in like a quarter and a half.

I just saw the Lakers news. Insane that Phil wanted to come back and they said no thanks. What has D'Antoni ever done in the NBA? Guy has failed twice already no idea why he would get such a big job now. Lakers are going to regret this big time.

Maybe they're thinking that putting Nash with D'Antoni will rekindle some of the old Suns gunslinger offense. Dwight will probably thrive as a PnR option in that system too.

But I don't see them having the outside shooting on command to complement those two like they did in Phoenix. And if Kobe really wanted Phil, he might rebel because they didn't hire him. And if that happens...oh boy.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm surprised Laker fans aren't rioting. Even if the Lakers didn't do anything this year, their fanbase would have felt better with Phil Jackson around.

bionic77

Jerry turned over the team to his retarded son Jim who hates Phil Jackson.

That is how I see it.

We are so FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED!

bionic77

I'm surprised Laker fans aren't rioting. Even if the Lakers didn't do anything this year, their fanbase would have felt better with Phil Jackson around.
You riot and destroy your city after you win a championship. That is just how major cities celebrate.

You cry when your ownership is incompetent.

This is clearly a time for the latter.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
"It's not on Vick but the O-line to be able to see the blitz and protect him."

edit: added quotes to signify this is not my crazy theory.

With regard to the Fitzpatrick int at the end of the Bills/Pats game, its nice to see that TJ Graham knows he's the one that screwed up there:
“That was a rookie mistake,” said Graham. “I was supposed to cross his face in the front. It was a good pass. If I went across his face, I probably would have made a play, so I take the blame for that one. That was my mistake. It might be why I don’t get on the field much. I can’t make those mistakes.”

harSon

Banned
Jerry turned over the team to his retarded son Jim who hates Phil Jackson.

That is how I see it.

We are so FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED!

No, he went to the guy who didn't want complete control of team operations and refused to be present for away games. And wanted 10 mil to boot.

Wait, wait, wait.

Another Bucs fan showed up? And he's/she's got a Taco Bell avatar?

OK, snes you can come out now the jig is up.

I'm still not convinced that Newton Crosby isn't also a snes alt masquerading as a Panthers fan to throw us for a loop

Nori Chan

Wait, wait, wait.

I'm still not convinced that Newton Crosby isn't also a snes alt masquerading as a Panthers fan to throw us for a loop
he's got all the NFL memes on pat

He's definitely snes with a cussing filter in his browser

Wait, wait, wait.

You mean a guy with a username referencing an early 80s comedy is in fact not a young person?

Mind blown.

ari

Banned
if jay cutler is out any amount of weeks, we are losing all of those games. No surprise that we went 8-8 after a 7-3 start with absolutely winnable games left on the schedule last year.

Jay cutler get a lot of hate for pouting, but that is moot when he is a winning QB for the bears. The collective sighs when he went out last night was "here we go again" from bears fans.

Wait, wait, wait.

What if you are Snes his alt, posing alongside the real Snes for so long as a backup.

beast786

if jay cutler is out any amount of weeks, we are losing all of those games. No surprise that we went 8-8 after a 7-3 start with absolutely winnable games left on the schedule last year.

Jay cutler get a lot of hate for pouting, but that is moot when he is a winning QB for the bears. The collective sighs when he went out last night was "here we go again" from bears fans.

Kind of a coincidence, that as soon as the schedule gets tough. he gets to rest.

What if you are Snes his alt, posing alongside the real Snes for so long as a backup.

Confused-Gary-Payton.gif

But I'm pretty sure that would be the alligator. The story fits.

They're both originally from Florida and their favorite teams are both from Florida (Bucs and Jaguars), and when snes was here, who would be the first one to respond with a racist?
The alligator

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

Gives me a little hope then again your D is going to murder Ponder or Ponder is going to be that crazy fuck.

MechDX

Kind of a coincidence, that as soon as the schedule gets tough. he gets to rest.

Coincidence? But before ragging on Jay...

Just caught this snippet at CBSSports:

5. Look at it this way, Detroit fans. The Lions still have five games left at home. Unfortunately, look who their opponents are: Green Bay, Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta and Chicago -- teams that include four division leaders and have a combined record of 35-10. Check, please.

Thats a pretty damn tough home schedule.

Oh shit, Ravens/Steelers next sunday!

Time to start the fun for next week's game, and while I will still hate Flacco, I'm going to allow myself to be optimistic this week. We will beat the Steelers because of the hate. Also, they're kinda bad now too.

Top Bottom