• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Joking aside, it does seem like a valid strategy to turn a blown play into a wash though. The difficult part is getting the ref to make the roughness call, but I'm sure certain quarterbacks wouldn't have a hard time selling that.

A blown Patriots play resulting in a 1yd slide by Brady vs. another take on the down? I'm sure it's not beyond them.

There's even a specific reference to a similar play under the supplemental notes section - it's the last example of 8 given:

swap facemask with any other roughness call and you have yesterday's call

I'd rather our QB not turn into a future Alzheimer's patient by risking something like that.

I found a QB that the Bears could sign while Cutler is out:

jason.jpg

Can't be worse than Caleb Hanie. Plus Urlacher can call him "Six".

squicken

What type of OT would GAF like? Personally going into 2 and if a 3rd is need going to some sort of hybrid college style wouldnt be so bad imo

I've never really minded tie games. But then I never really saw the need for the BCS or playoffs. The old Bowl system was fine by me

I don't like the college OT system. I'm actually pretty okay with the NFL setup, but would go with a 10 minute period instead of 15 minutes. That's enough time for each team to get a possession. After that the players are tired and the game just gets sloppy.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm pretty sure Cutler will be back either this week or the week after. Plenty of time for him to wuss out of another game that isn't the Jaguars or Titans.

Unless your QB sucked to begin with like Brady when Cassel took over. If your QB is a badass like Manning, then your team goes to shit.

Damn Brady! If only we had a guy like Carson Palmer. Too bad we actually used our first and second round picks last year or we could have had him :(.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Drew Bledsoe bothers me a whole lot less than Tammy Brady so, yeah, sometimes I wish Bledsoe had won* those 3* Super Bowl trophies*.

asteriskasteriskasterisk

Greg

I'm not. Go print off the rulebook, it's like the damn tax code. Someone pointed it out to me yesterday when I was bitching about the call, though. Does seem like something that could potentially be exploited but the risk is probably not worth the reward.
I'd rather our QB not turn into a future Alzheimer's patient by risking something like that.
Yeah, it's definitely a big risk (and Rodgers would never get the call anyways).

Imagine a Tebow offense run like that though. The only time he would throw would be to reset the play and hope for a better formation to run against.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
All Pro selections from your team?

A.P.

Blair "The G.O.A.T." Walsh

I'll take

Gronk- Although he's second to Tony this year so far.
Vollmer- Beast, best player on the line by far. Mankins has been up and down this year.
Tom- His TD numbers are down, but that's cause of Ridley whose been great also. Most efficient QB to this point of the season. Aaron and Matt Ryan close 2nd.

A few fringe guys- Welker, Spikes/Mayo, Solder. Ridley's actually having quite a year too, but too many good RBs ahead of him this year.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Who at the NFL offices decided to put the Chiefs on Monday night football, right after the Jaguars were Thursday night football?

They did the same shit last year. You can usually tell how good a team will be before the season starts based on roster, and when your team has Matt Cassell or Blaine Gabbert at the helm you have no business on national T.V.

Who at the NFL offices decided to put the Chiefs on Monday night football, right after the Jaguars were Thursday night football?

They did the same shit last year. You can usually tell how good a team will be before the season starts based on roster, and when your team has Matt Cassell or Blaine Gabbert at the helm you have no business on national T.V.
Judgmentalist.

Top Bottom