• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

Drakeon

Who at the NFL offices decided to put the Chiefs on Monday night football, right after the Jaguars were Thursday night football?

They did the same shit last year. You can usually tell how good a team will be before the season starts based on roster, and when your team has Matt Cassell or Blaine Gabbert at the helm you have no business on national T.V.

These thing's aren't decided during the season dude. Some people thought KC would at least compete in the AFC West, not be one of the worst teams in football. They were getting their defense back, Charles was back, Cassel has never been great, but they did get to the playoffs with him.

eznark

Banned
Deadspin complaining about journalism. Lions complaining about dirty play.

We are officially through the looking glass.

Who at the NFL offices decided to put the Chiefs on Monday night football, right after the Jaguars were Thursday night football?

They did the same shit last year. You can usually tell how good a team will be before the season starts based on roster, and when your team has Matt Cassell or Blaine Gabbert at the helm you have no business on national T.V.

Gotta get Justin Houston in the spotlight.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
These thing's aren't decided during the season dude. Some people thought KC would at least compete in the AFC West, not be one of the worst teams in football. They were getting their defense back, Charles was back, Cassel has never been great, but they did get to the playoffs with him.

I know they're not decided during the regular season, but I could've told you during the offseason that the Chiefs would be at best, a mediocre team, at the same time being an extremely boring team. It all starts and ends with the QB position.

I'll watch just for some sort of upset potential, but there is no excitement or rivalry in this matchup.

Oh Eli.

cgysh.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Head count: who is getting a Wii u next week? Got my pre order paid for through best buy. Deluxe + nsmbu. Can't wait. I'll add y'all as friends or whatever the hell the system is lol

Me. Paid it off yesterday.
I also picked up Forza horizon on 360 and the Kirby Anniversary collection on Wii both of which I will hardly play but felt compelled to own. Because Im a consumer whore.

Deadspin roundup:

Loooooooong piece on ESPN and Tebow.
(Haven't read it myself yet, but who doesn't love the combination of ESPN and Tebow)

On Goodell's preferred tackling technique (that looks and sounds idiotic)

And of course:

original.png

Only now made possible by the Failcons :p

It is kind of a cool cycle though.
Does this sort of thing happen in other leagues too (NBA, NHL, MLB, etc)?

cajunator

Banned
speaking of Astons, I just came back from Skyfall. It was good.
The Daniel Craig Bond movies have a certain feel to them that I really like. Its grittier, more mortal, and more interesting than the over the top superhero Pierce Brosnan Bonds. This Bond often gets FUCKED UP as you would expect in such a dangerous line of work.
Hes not as debonair and stylish, but hes more believable.

Milchjon

speaking of Astons, I just came back from Skyfall. It was good.
The Daniel Craig Bond movies have a certain feel to them that I really like. Its grittier, more mortal, and more interesting than the over the top superhero Pierce Brosnan Bonds. This Bond often gets FUCKED UP as you would expect in such a dangerous line of work.
Hes not as debonair and stylish, but hes more believable.

Dunno, they're nice movies, but I don't need my Bond to be believable. There are other franchises for that, and the changes of Bond left a hole I'm not sure others will fill.

I want my gadgets, dammit.

cajunator

Banned
Apologies for being dense, but why are there inconsistent totals in that? Is that avg points for:against?

Lynch is a shoe in. Maybe Golden Tate. Legion of Boom.

No thats the score in which team A beat team B going clockwise (or team B got beaten by team A going counterclockwise)

Wes

venison crêpe
If Bears fans are only allowed to marry other Bears fans the world just became a better place in my eyes.

ari

Banned
I can't stand eznark when he watches the pats games either. I can't imagine being a fan of the shitty bears and having him hate on you.

We all know he wouldn't give a shit if the bears was like a 2-7 caliber team or something. Rivals gonna hate on rivals only when the rivals relevant. So in a way, its appreciative.

I don't have a problem with packers fans here at all though.

Dragon

Banned
I'm trying hard to imagine who are the non-assholes. Personally, I can't think of one, maybe Greg is the only non-asshole?

LJ11 is one I'd put up there. He rarely gets into shit-talking despite knowing more about football than most in the thread.

Top Bottom