• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
just watched the Eddie Debartolo Jr A Football life. He seemed like the best owner ever. He actually cared about winning and cared about his players. He owned his mistake with the Louisiana license.

Jed York looks like a douche.

just watched the Eddie Debartolo Jr A Football life. He seemed like the best owner ever. He actually cared about winning and cared about his players. He owned his mistake with the Louisiana license.

Jed York looks like a douche.

jed york is one of the main reasons we have returned to relevance. no one wants to admit it because we all miss eddie D (and jed is no eddie D of course) but we started to turn it around when john and denise (for all intents and purposes) relinquished control of the team to jed. it's no coincidence that things started turning around then and it's also no coincidence that jed and eddie D are still very close. i'm sure eddie has given him some good advice and you see it

squicken

congrats beast!

jed york is one of the main reasons we have returned to relevance. no one wants to admit it because we all miss eddie D (and jed is no eddie D of course) but we started to turn it around when john and denise (for all intents and purposes) relinquished control of the team to jed. it's no coincidence that things started turning around then and it's also no coincidence that jed and eddie D are still very close. i'm sure eddie has given him some good advice and you see it

Remember when York promised that Singletary would lead them to the playoffs?

congrats beast!

Remember when York promised that Singletary would lead them to the playoffs?

and what happened when singletary didn't reach it? ate the contract, fired him, and put together the best coaching staff in the NFL.

but don't worry, once the lions fire their dog shit coaching staff in 2 or 3 years you have the possibility of finding your harbaugh!

edit -

i'll leave my mistake above! for some reason i thought it was beast posting that lol....

but don't worry, once the rams fire their dog shit coaching staff in 2 or 3 years you have the possibility of finding your harbaugh!

squicken

and what happened when singletary didn't reach it? ate the contract, fired him, and put together the best coaching staff in the NFL.

but don't worry, once the lions fire their dog shit coaching staff in 2 or 3 years you have the possibility of finding your harbaugh!

edit -

i'll leave my mistake above! for some reason i thought it was beast posting that lol....

but don't worry, once the rams fire their dog shit coaching staff in 2 or 3 years you have the possibility of finding your harbaugh!

I just hope Harbs doesn't turn into Andy Reid 2.0 and crash in the playoffs year after year b/c he can't find a good QB

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ok, some of these new logos are pretty good:

play_nfc_2012b.jpg

play_afcts_576.jpg

Most of them are pretty bad, though.

squicken

i think the eagles lack of superbowl wins has more to do with the WR's and less to do with the QB. less QB's than mcribb have won superbowls

of course. but if you are a skins, phins, colts, or seahawks fan, and a you are offered mcribb's ceiling for your young QB, you say no thanks

of course. but if you are a skins, phins, colts, or seahawks fan, and a you are offered mcribb's ceiling for your young QB, you say no thanks

i do not see the skins, phins or seahawks competing for a superbowl anytime soon. sorry. andrew luck is so good that i could see the colts being contenders within a couple years. i think they narrowly miss the playoffs this year, get in as a wildcard next year with an early exit, and then luck rules this league with an iron fist for a decade after that.

NFC is a much tougher conference. the seahawks will have a new coach within a few years and russell wilson isn't very good anyways and to suggest that he will ever get to mcnabbs level in philly is hilarious. RGIII is pretty awesome and if he can learn to stay healthy (slide, run out of bounds) then the redskins are going to be pretty dangerous if they can field a mid-level defense. dolphins are also in really good shape with tannehill and i think the dolphins will be a yearly playoff team if they can add a couple pieces for him

squicken

I haven't watched much of Wilson since the Rams game, but all the media people say he's just so much better now and they are running a full playbook and he's going to rule the NFCW for years, so you might want to change your tune there bub

I actually have sort of changed my feelings on Cheatin' Pete. I get a laugh out of a 60+ year old man acting young and trying to stay hip and all that dumb crap he thinks matters. I think he's a bad game day coach who probably needs to be a CEO type more than the Xs and Os guy, but I think he actually built the roster the right way.

He got the defense and OL ready before he added his QB. He knew that asking a young QB to win games with no surrounding talent would be a recipe for disaster, so rebuilt the roster with Hasselbeck and TJack playing caretaker. They have a great run game and can protect the QB, and have average but young WRs who can grow with the QB

They can bring Wilson along slowly as the year goes on, and it's hard to argue with the results. They will make the playoffs, and with that defense and Russell's ascension to elite status, who knows?

i do not see the skins, phins or seahawks competing for a superbowl anytime soon. sorry. andrew luck is so good that i could see the colts being contenders within a couple years. i think they narrowly miss the playoffs this year, get in as a wildcard next year with an early exit, and then luck rules this league with an iron fist for a decade after that.

NFC is a much tougher conference. the seahawks will have a new coach within a few years and russell wilson isn't very good anyways and to suggest that he will ever get to mcnabbs level in philly is hilarious. RGIII is pretty awesome and if he can learn to stay healthy (slide, run out of bounds) then the redskins are going to be pretty dangerous if they can field a mid-level defense. dolphins are also in really good shape with tannehill and i think the dolphins will be a yearly playoff team if they can add a couple pieces for him

I like that you continue ducking the avatar bet

Mrbob

Squicken we all know FMT can't handle the truth that Russell Wilson is the best qb in the NFC west. He will never admit even as Wilsonmania rises to greatness! Going to be a bad decade for Frenchie!

Milchjon

This not being able to sleep thing is getting pretty old.

I'm at a point where I often feel it's necessary to "manage" my energy with coffee in the morning and a bit of alcohol at night in order to be functional.
Otherwise I'm tired when I have to be up and fully awake when I need sleep.

I don't think I like that.

bionic77

Bullshit. The Niners are good because they are stacked with young talent that was the result of having a decade of high draft picks (because they sucked) and because of the coach. I don't think York can sustain this for long. He is no Rooney!

I'm at a point where I often feel it's necessary to "manage" my energy with coffee in the morning and a bit of alcohol at night in order to be functional.
Otherwise I'm tired when I have to be up and fully awake when I need sleep.

I don't think I like that.
Yeah I don't know what it is.

Too much energy added to my usual crazy neurotic mind is a bad combo but I feel tired just can't sleep.
I'm running more, little to no caffeine r sugar, good diet. Idk it's fucking stupid.

verbum

Yeah I don't know what it is.

Too much energy added to my usual crazy neurotic mind is a bad combo but I feel tired just can't sleep.
I'm running more, little to no caffeine r sugar, good diet. Idk it's fucking stupid.

Sleep apnea? If you haven't had one in the last year, I would get a physical. Maybe a sleep study can find out the problem.

Vyroxis

Banned
For the third week in a row, I will be running down to Loredo Texas from Minnesota, leaving on Saturday in a beat up Pete with no radio and mixed phone reception. Meaning I will miss the Sunday games again unless I get lucky with my phone.

Dear god, why did I ever agree to get my CDL for work....

I voted for Obama but what annoyed me and continues to annoy me is that there is no reasonable alternative. No one is giving me the option to cut military spending. No one is giving me the option of seceding from Massachusetts or declaring war on the Patriots. A lot of things I and probably a lot of Americans want done are common sense and I think you can get a majority of people to agree on, but instead we continue to argue over shit like supply side economics and abortion. Things that were old back in the 80s.

I hope that this loss is a wakeup call to the Republican party to cut some ties and come up with new ideas. I am not like a lot of GAFers who are married to one party and I hope that we get a reasonable alternative out of this election and not more Tea Party insanity.

holy shit a great post. so weird that you can be so wrong sometimes (*cough* Michael Jordan *cough*) and then so right at others.

Top Bottom