• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

He has a long way to go to compete with the master. He's not an elite pouter yet!

543456_10100411070752917_1425661272_n.jpg

Colon at guard has been a success so far. And Will Johnson has been a nice surprise at fullback. Probably means David Johnson gets dumped in the offseason.

Most likely. Can't wait to get Decastro back at Right Guard, though apparently that won't be until next year.

Also, sorry Futurevoid, but I couldn't resist:

Enjoy your offensive line against Tuck, Osi and JPP in MetLife. I like the matchup, personally.

Striker

Art Stapleton & #8207;@art_stapleton

If Chris Snee is out Sunday, #NYG could re-sign Mitch Petrus to play RG or move David Diehl to RG & play Sean Locklear at RT
Oi.

Depth on the line is so weak.

^ Thought the DL played pretty well overall pass rushing. They wore down in the 2nd half because of the offense going 3 and out every drive, so PIT just ran with no mercy.

BigAT

The guy to the left of him (#69? can't really make it out?) is even funnier.

Pretty sure it's #59, Michael Boley. Herzlich at least gets taken out by the FB one on one, it would have taken a big individual effort from him to make the play. Boley is just completely out of position and gets swallowed up in the wash.

DeaconKnowledge said:
sorry Futurevoid, but I couldn't resist:
Resist what? Pass rushing wise the dline played well and got to Ben plenty.

How about quoting my comments where I said we're not a very good run defense when you were all lamenting that Redman was starting and one of you replied that Redman wasn't a very good runner (in fact I think it was you).

Everyone has run the ball well against us outside of that one Dallas game.

Draxal

Most likely. Can't wait to get Decastro back at Right Guard, though apparently that won't be until next year.

Also, sorry Futurevoid, but I couldn't resist:

Well Tuck feasted on Adams and JPP had a good game, it was just your interior oline that was dominant. So he was partly right. It was a November game though, so the Giants were destined to lose.

Pretty sure it's #59, Michael Boley. Herzlich at least gets taken out by the FB one on one, it would have taken a big individual effort from him to make the play. Boley is just completely out of position and gets swallowed up in the wash.

Yeah, it's Boley who got caught up in the wash after Joseph got blown up by the double team. I still think Herz could of done a better job of filling that hole, he wouldn't be able to make the tacke, but he didn't do enough to redirect the play.

Oi.

Depth on the line is so weak.

^ Thought the DL played pretty well overall pass rushing. They wore down in the 2nd half because of the offense going 3 and out every drive, so PIT just ran with no mercy.

Steelers held the ball for 35 minutes. I think their wearing out was more due to that.

Draxal said:
I still think Herz could of done a better job of filling that hole
I think Canty could have done a better job of getting off that block. Herz isn't entirely to blame on that. He got blown up by the fullback, sure. Canty got manhandled to the side on that which opened up the hole.

EDIT:

Joe Reedy @joereedy

#bengals announce that Sunday's game against the Giants is blacked out

Nice work, Bengals.

Resist what? Pass rushing wise the dline played well and got to Ben plenty.

How about quoting my comments where I said we're not a very good run defense when you were all lamenting that Redman was starting and one of you replied that Redman wasn't a very good runner (in fact I think it was you).

Everyone has run the ball well against us outside of that one Dallas game.
It was me. Before this game Redman had something like 2.5 YPC. Fortunately the interior OL has gelled and is dominating the Line of scrimmage.

Well Tuck feasted on Adams and JPP had a good game, it was just your interior oline that was dominant. So he was partly right. It was a November game though, so the Giants were destined to lose.

It was just a lame troll guys. Relax.

In reality the tackles are weak in pass pro - most of the Giants pressure came off the edges. As you said, Adams got eaten by Tuck which is why Miller had to hang back often. Also, Roethlisberger was very clearly not scanning the field for fear of the pass rush getting to him. He missed some wide open guys in the secondary because of it.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Before this game Redman had something like 2.5 YPC.
Our defense makes average backs look amazing unfortunately.;) The 2011 defense wasn't too far off either until the end of the season. Hopefully it starts to gel again soon.

Draxal

I think Canty could have done a better job of getting off that block. Herz isn't entirely to blame on that. He got blown up by the fullback, sure. Canty got manhandled to the side on that which opened up the hold.

Yeah, Canty got blown up that by play as well and he wasn't double teamed, and Boley shouldn't off been caught up in the wash. That play wasn't definetely solely on Herz.

In reality the tackles are weak in pass pro - most of the Giants pressure came off the edges. As you said, Adams got eaten by Tuck which is why Miller had to hang back often. Also, Roethlisberger was very clearly not scanning the field for fear of the pass rush getting to him. He missed some wide open guys in the secondary because of it.

None of us are raging, I think there were two stories in that game, your interior Oline kicking the crap out of our pretty good interior dline, and the fact Giant's passing game was completely taken away for the third game in a row (also the fact that the Giants got 14 free points, Giant's just got their ass kicked all game).

Draxal said:
and the fact Giant's passing game was completely taken away for the third game in a row (also the fact that the Giants got 14 free points, Giant's just got their ass kicked all game).
Yep. Steelers did a great job playing press and keeping tight coverage on the receivers all game long but I still think the game is on Eli. Having watched a good bit of the film, he had plenty of opportunities to sustain drives with the shot/intermediate passing game but held the ball and kept looking downfield for the killshot. Quick 3 and outs equals the defense on the field longer and you see the results.

With the entirety of the East losing this past weekend though, the loss was a total wash. Beat the Bengals and we're back on the right course to winning a very shitty division anyway.

cdyhybrid

Any NFL-GAF people want a DotA2 invite? Just PM me with a link to a post in this thread where you either proclaim how good looking Russell Wilson is or how Richard Sherman is the best corner in the NFL.

I have 3 invites. Also, no editing posts from 8 pages ago or something.

Go Hawks

Talon

Ha, I was digging through old clips and found this.

EA Sports Announces New Willpower Attribute in Madden 2011

MAITLAND, FLORIDA—Electronic Arts, the makers of the popular Madden NFL series, today announced a brand new attribute for Madden NFL ’11 named “Willpower.”

“We really felt that Tim Tebow transcends the game of football and that he deserved his own category,” said lead designer Ian Cummings. “Tebow’s skill set doesn’t fit into traditional categories like arm strength, accuracy and field awareness. He brings another facet to the game that’s never been seen before.”

Despite possessing mediocre ratings in throwing power and accuracy, important abilities for a QB, his Willpower rating of 100 will make him the best quarterback in the game.
NFL Network Draft Expert Mike Mayock praised the new category, saying that “off-the-chart intangibles” could now be defined for the first time in history.

“Tebow brings more than a love of Phillippians 2:34 and a healthy appreciation for abstinence to the table,” said Mayock. “He’s a proven winner. Florida’s incredible stock of talent was only able to win games due to [Tebow's] sheer force of will.”

Tim Tebow issued a statement praising the creation of the new category, saying that “only with my 100 Willpower rating was I able to dodge that abortion.”

However, some NFL athletes are upset by the new rating system. Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell created a Facebook group called “Winning Ain’t Everything, Celebrate Mediocrity — presented by Skittles. Taste the Rainbow.” Joining Russell is a long list of underachieving NFL players, such as Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler and Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams.

“What the fuck does ‘Willpower’ even mean?” said Jay Cutler, who has a Willpower rating of 1. “I have diabetes. Trying is hard!”

EA Tiburon demonstrated the Willpower rating by simulating a game between the Denver Broncos with Tim Tebow at the helm facing off against the Detroit Lions. Despite being the highest ranked QB in the game, Tebow went 11 for 35 with 128 yards and 1 interception. The Lions won 17-6.

When asked if the Madden team was happy about the demonstration, Ian Cummings responded enthusiastically.

“You could really tell Tebow was giving it his full effort out there.”

Top Bottom