• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

Mrbob

Water is wet.

What brought this comment on? Or is it just one of those random truths we like to say.

He slammed Tillman yesterday for possibly missing Sunday Night's game due to the birth of his child, and now is back tracking today.

beast786

As per calvin johnson. The hit he took in Minn to his head has a lingering effect of nerve issue that lead to weakness in his arm.

eznark

Banned
Boner

mIxHQ.jpg

I like that they stopped pretending to care and now just c/p the next roman numeral over old posters.

eznark

Banned
The GTA part of it still remains, unfortunately.

EDIT: Heh, Ez beat me to it.

I want to be a better person

*robs bank*

Society is failing me though.

*kidnaps woman*

It's all so unfair, I'm trying to hard to be better!

*punches women he just kidnapped*

I really think if given a chance, I would be an upstanding addition to this country.

*wanton murder and destruction*

See, I'm a criminal with a heart of gold. I'm just misunderstood.

*murders dozens of police officers*

Spinluck

I enjoyed RDR far more than GTAIV.

All I did in GTAIV was play online with my friends, and like maybe two of the main story missions.

Last one I really enjoyed was Vice City, I liked San Andreas, but never bothered spending as much time with it.

Greg

It's still a GTA game.
What don't you like about them? I completely understand hating GTA IV, but I enjoyed all of the other console versions.

edit: oh, it appears you care about the story

Will there ever be a Taco Bell thread where Josh Freeman doesn't make an appearance? I'm going to say no.
I'll try my best to never let it happen.

Actually, I thought combat was one of the better aspects of GTA IV.
The major flaw in the other games is one of the better aspects of the worst game in the series.

Sounds about right.

I want to be a better person

*robs bank*

Society is failing me though.

*kidnaps woman*

It's all so unfair, I'm trying to hard to be better!

*punches women he just kidnapped*

I really think if given a chance, I would be an upstanding addition to this country.

*wanton murder and destruction*

See, I'm a criminal with a heart of gold. I'm just misunderstood.

*murders dozens of police officers*

Exactly.

At least in Red Dead Redemption I could suspend my disbelief.

SpinDasher said:
Last one I really enjoyed was Vice City
GTAIII for me and the novelty of the whole thing wore off pretty quickly for me. I spent more time trying to get my cop star rating up to 5 and blowing shit up than giving a damn about anything to do with the missions or story and that isn't enough to hold onto my attention. That hasn't changed to this day for the series. I'll spend 3-4 hours fucking around and realize it's the same shit, turn it off and not bother with it again. It's just not for me.

eznark

Banned
Bro games for for bros, brah.
PEACE

What don't you like about them? I completely understand hating GTA IV, but I enjoyed all of the other console versions.

edit: oh, it appears you care about the story

Mechanics are awful. Only redeeming thing about 4 was the story but they ruined it with bloat and absurdity. Not allowing Marsten free will was a better story choice.

I actually am interested in multiple stories. Hopefully without trying to force 40 hours of "I'm a gooooood guy, cooosin, I sweeeer" into the game will make it better. I'm guessin it will just be three variations on the same exact story they have tried to tell a dozen times now though.

bionic77

bb7piq.gif

Can you see this?

Steelers O-line slaughtered the Giants.
Impressive.

For you NFL guys that still like to discuss games what exactly can the discussion entail? For me a game is either average, great, shit, or legendary. And I can't get too hyped prior to the release of a game anymore, the only exception to this rule are the Fire Emblem games. God I love that series.

I used to be into it but I get so damn bored by these long discussions of graphical comparisons between games, which game is pushing the hardware, new features, blah blah blah. To me it is simple, is the game fun or is it boring? Btw speaking of GTA I don't have time for those kind of games anymore but I do agree with people who say that RDR seems to be the superior format for that kind of open world game. The story is much better in that setting as well. Then again maybe I am just a sucker for westerns and dirty ass cowboys instead of gangsters.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I am kinda excited for this GTA 5 yet I didn't give one fuck about 4.

Last one I actually played was San Andreas.

GTA and Sports Games? COD?

LOL no.

I'll be sticking to my superior nippon cripple girl sex simulators and niche limited print 3DS games thankyou very much.

Milchjon

You guys act like there aren't a million ways to play a GTA game.

And I'm not denying that GTA IV sucked. But it still showed a lot of potential, and it's their sole open world failure so far. Gay Tony was so much improved already. I'm sure they've learned from the annoyances of IV.

Just give me a better driving model, especially on motorcycles, and I'll be ok. Cruising through the back country of SA was the best thing ever.

GTA and Sports Games? COD?

I'm gonna buy Black Ops 2 on release day. I'm THAT guy.

And I'm not denying that GTA IV sucked. But it still showed a lot of potential, and it's their sole open world failure so far. Gay Tony was so much improved already. I'm sure they've learned from the annoyances of IV.

Just give me a better driving model, especially on motorcycles, and I'll be ok. Cruising through the back country of SA was the best thing ever.

And the radio in IV sucked. I want my K-Rose and K-DST back!

Spinluck

GTAIII for me and the novelty of the whole thing wore off pretty quickly for me. I spent more time trying to get my cop star rating up to 5 and blowing shit up than giving a damn about anything to do with the missions or story and that isn't enough to hold onto my attention. That hasn't changed to this day for the series. I'll spend 3-4 hours fucking around and realize it's the same shit, turn it off and not bother with it again. It's just not for me.

Well, my appeal to these open world, do whatever the fuck you want to the NPC's free choice type games is on life support. You have games like inFamous that mix it up, and make it moderately interesting. But the GTA games specifically, feel as if Rockstar is afraid to really try anything to deviate the franchise from previous installments. Eventually, they end up having that "samey" feel.. less than 30mins in...

ari

Banned
He slammed Tillman yesterday for possibly missing Sunday Night's game due to the birth of his child, and now is back tracking today.

Florio is a troll. Why get upset? That is like getting offended at what Seda says about the bears.. Chill.

bionic77

3ds needs a new Advanced Wars game.
I could never get into that series the way I got into Fire Emblem. They are good games, but something about Fire Emblem is beyond perfect and they are so fucking addictive. You can easily lose 5-6 hours on a few campaigns.

My wife hates this series!

Milchjon said:
No, I'm acting like 999,999 of them bore me to tears and the last 1 isn't enough to keep me entertained. It's not an affront to your enjoyment of it. If you love GTA and look forward to the next one, nothing I'm stating will change that for you nor would I expect it to. It's just that nothing about any of the recent GTA's have come close to holding my attention for more than a few hours is all. /shrug

Draxal

3ds needs a new Advanced Wars game.

I don't think that's going to happen as Advanced Wars didn't do that well in Japan, and Japan's incredibly into the 3ds atm.

Intelligent Systems is by far my favorite studio right now. Make the new FE come out already here.

Top Bottom