• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

They showed shots of opening night for the Bobcats and Hawks the other day, and the arenas were so empty. For some reason lots of pro teams in the SE just haven't taken off. I don't know if it's b/c everyone is a transplant or it's a college area or what, but it's not just a Jags problem

You pretty much nailed it for Atlanta, huge transplant city and practically the heart of college football in the south due to SEC championship. All roads in the SEC lead to Atlanta.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Mike Mayock: "Andrew Luck is in the Top 7 or 8 QB's in the league"

In no order:

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Ben Rapistberger
Jay Cutler
Matt Ryan
Matthew Stafford

I think Luck is a stud, and will lead his team to the playoffs this year, but 10 teams in this league have really good QB's at the helm with a proven track record.

Talon

There are five Quarterbacks that have carried their teams to a Championship and one cheater.

Then there's everyone else.

squicken

In no order:

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Ben Rapistberger
Jay Cutler
Matt Ryan
Matthew Stafford

I think Luck is a stud, and will lead his team to the playoffs this year, but 10 teams in this league have really good QB's at the helm with a proven track record.

Would take him over these three guys right now, and you forgot Brees

Levyne

Banned

In no order:

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Ben Rapistberger
Jay Cutler
Matt Ryan
Matthew Stafford

One of these things....

ari

Banned
They showed shots of opening night for the Bobcats and Hawks the other day, and the arenas were so empty. For some reason lots of pro teams in the SE just haven't taken off. I don't know if it's b/c everyone is a transplant or it's a college area or what, but it's not just a Jags problem
Bobcats are dead, only a name change can save that franchise. Atlanta hawks fanbase is a pretty good size. Jacksonville had a massive fanbase 5-6 years ago. Success and star power breeds fanbases.

Anyway, getting Tim tebow will save this franchise overnight. Seriously.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Would take him over these three guys right now, and you forgot Brees

Yeah I did which furthers the point. There are a lot of great QB's in the league right now.

I personally wouldn't take him over Stafford. They're close to the same age, but Stafford has actually led his team to the playoffs and has a stronger arm IMO.

Either way you if you have Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck or Stafford at the helm you can't go wrong.

One of these things....

Is a rapist???/

ari

Banned
Which QB is Luck supposed to be most comparable to?
I don't know, I think everyone is eating up what the media are saying. That jets game tells me that he needs time to develop. Every decent defense he played he looked like a complete rookie or worst.

Balling on shitty defenses makes him better then proven vets? Fuck out of here.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Big Ben is the most obvious as far as pocket presence. Both guys are huge and extend plays

Luck has the size, speed and strength of Big Ben and Scam, with the pocket presence and passing ability of a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

Dude is scary good.

Spinluck

I don't know, I think everyone is eating up what the media are saying. That jets game tells me that he needs time to develop. Every decent defense he played he looked like a complete rookie or worst.

Balling on shitty defenses makes him better then proven vets? Fuck out of here.

Kinda like Cutler right?

Spinluck

Like any QB in the league.

Then what's your point? Since when did rookies light up elite defenses? If you're supposed to light up shit defenses then light them up.

Luck makes some boneheaded ass throws and obviously has had his rookie moments, but he's already turned around last years shittiest team.

He beat a defense your QB threw 4 picks against.

EDIT: Didn't catch your stealth edit.

Top Bottom