• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

Typical hype machine from the media.

Its always has been and always will be the pats to shut them the fuck up, just like tebow.

Patriots blow out imminent.
Colts are 3 points better than the Dolphins who are 21 points better than the Jets who are 3 points worse than the Patriots. So, the Colts will win by 21. Simple.

In all seriousness though, it should be a good game. If Luck plays well, which he should given the Pat's secondary, the Colts will put up some points so it will most likely come down to what Brady can do against the Colts D. The Pats have a more explosive offense but their defense isn't as balanced as the Colts'.

Seanspeed

Banned
Tell that to the NFC-West.

A really good defense can stop the Pats, thats no secret.

Also, Luck didn't have a mega passing game against a pretty terrible secondary with the Jags, so dont think that he's going to go steamrolling through the Pats D, either. It may not be as balanced as the Colts, but I'd say our linemen and LB core are better and we've shown this year we've got some proper pash-rush ability. Luck's showing promise, but he still looks like a rookie way more than the media lets on.

Colts stand a chance, but Pats are a much better team in almost every area.

bionic77

That's how it starts Arian.

One minute you're eating some chicken at home the next minute you're exchanging sexual favors with homeless men under a bridge for heroin.
It is the other way around your dirty chicken hater!

Fried chicken is one of the greatest things in the world. It may not have reached your shitty state yet (along with soap, attractive women, and skinny jeans), but in this instance your ignorance is insulting me.

Go back to wallowing in your rotten cheese and mud and speak not of which your mind cannot comprehend!

Also, Luck didn't have a mega passing game against a pretty terrible secondary with the Jags, so dont think that he's going to go steamrolling through the Pats D, either. It may not be as balanced as the Colts, but I'd say our linemen and LB core are better and we've shown this year we've got some proper pash-rush ability. Luck's showing promise, but he still looks like a rookie way more than the media lets on.

Did you watch Luck against the Dolphins? Yes, the Dolphins are 30th in the league in passing yards allowed, but the Pats are 28th and they haven't played against Luck yet. The Dolphins have a great front seven but it didn't matter, even when the Colts were forced into being one-dimensional Luck still tore their secondary to pieces. I don't see any reason to think it will be any different against the Pats unless Luck just doesn't show up for some reason or they are able to get to him very, very quickly (Dolphins' pass rush isn't bad either).

Dragon

Banned
Tell that to the NFC-West.

I didn't realize Indy had a defense the caliber of Zona or Seattle.

About as relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmJagxx8v9U

Did you watch Luck against the Dolphins? Yes, the Dolphins are 30th in the league in passing yards allowed, but the Pats are 28th and they haven't played against Luck yet. The Dolphins have a great front seven but it didn't matter, even when the Colts were forced into being one-dimensional Luck still tore their secondary to pieces. I don't see any reason to think it will be any different against the Pats unless Luck just doesn't show up for some reason or they are able to get to him very, very quickly (Dolphins' pass rush isn't bad either).

The Dolphins O isn't the Pats O though. I just don't see Indy being able to keep up the entire game. We'll see.

bionic77

Back when the cameras were not banned Belicheat was really good at embarrassing young qb's. Now the dirtbag seems to focus more on offense and fucking pregnant married women, I don't think the old bastard has any time left to focus on defense.

Colts also ran more than they passed last night, for the time time in like...ever. Got out to a good lead and then just wanted to eat up the clock.

I still think the Pats will destroy us, but there is POTENTIAL for a game, if the O-line can give Luck time.

The Dolphins O isn't the Pats O though. I just don't see Indy being able to keep up the entire game. We'll see.
Yeah, like I said I think it will come down to what Brady can do against the Colts D. The Dolphins did get off to a good start against the Colts, though (scored on their first 3 drives, 2 TDs and a FG) but Luck never looked the least bit rattled so it didn't really matter.

If I had to pick a winner I'd go with the Patriots, though. If one team was going to make this a blow-out I think it'd be the Pats (maybe if Luck threw an early pick or two) but I expect the game to be fairly close.

bionic77

Colts also ran more than they passed last night, for the time time in like...ever. Got out to a good lead and then just wanted to eat up the clock.

I still think the Pats will destroy us, but there is POTENTIAL for a game, if the O-line can give Luck time.
Uh the Pats were lucky to beat the Jets, who are garbage. That was two weeks ago...

I think the Pats probably win, but unless Luck shits the bed I don't see how it will be a blowout.

bionic77

Still taking applications if you want me cheering for a specific team on Sunday.
The obvious choice is the Bills. Not just because you are Canadian and thus own 15% of the Bills, nor because of the fact that the Bills are kind of the Browns twin brother, but mainly because of the fact that they play the Pats.

Luck will look like league mvp when he faces The Pats defense

oh and lmao

giJy2.gif

Colts have a better QB and a better head coach so they should win.

Seanspeed

Banned
Luck apparently had a very good game against the Dolphins(didn't see it), but thats one game and they still only won by 3 points. He doesn't do that every weekend as last night shows. I'm not saying Pats are definitely gonna win, but I wouldn't go getting overconfident just yet.

Luck apparently had a very good game against the Dolphins(didn't see it), but thats one game and they still only won by 3 points. He doesn't do that every weekend as last night shows. I'm not saying Pats are definitely gonna win, but I wouldn't go getting overconfident just yet.
I agree, and that's why I still think the Pats will probably win when all is said and done. I just see a pretty realistic scenario that could lead to a Colts W, is all. As far as last night goes I think the main reason why he didn't light it up is because he didn't need to. Against the Dolphins the Colts had no choice but to pass which is what led to his crazy numbers, and since the Pats have a pretty good front seven as well I could see something similar happening there.

Honestly Luck just really got me drinkin' the Kool-Aid after what he did to the Dolphins.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The massive weakness in Luck's game is that when he's under pressure, he'd rather force the ball deep than eat it. I don't know if this is going to be corrected, as he's been that way his entire college career and I think Arians likes it.

squicken

It just seems so weird this guy keeps talking about getting another QB when the season isn't over. Doesn't that kind of send the message to the players that management thinks it's over? Is this their way of tanking?

“Let me be as honest as I can,” Nix said, via Tim Graham of the Buffalo News. “I think we really need to address it this year. The thing we can’t do is you can’t create one. You can’t go out, thinking ‘I’ve got to make this guy a player.’ If you do, then you’re going to be in a bigger mess. We don’t want to do that. We try to guard against that.

“But we do need another one, and we need to do it this time.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/09/buddy-nix-says-he-wants-to-draft-a-qb-this-year/

The massive weakness in Luck's game is that when he's under pressure, he'd rather force the ball deep than eat it. I don't know if this is going to be corrected, as he's been that way his entire college career and I think Arians likes it.

I wouldn't say he always does this, but yeah, more often than not, he'll try to force it when he should just take the sack or go for something shorter. He did it twice last night.

squicken

I wouldn't say he always does this, but yeah, more often than not, he'll try to force it when he should just take the sack or go for something shorter. He did it twice last night.

I definitely think Arians doesn't care about the slangin, which is good and bad. Don't want to stop him from being aggressive, but a lot of it is coming in the RZ where I think there are some problems with Arians offense.

He also actually seemed amused that Luck went for the tackle on the INT. It doesn't matter how big he is, QBs don't practice tackling and shouldn't be trying it.

I definitely think Arians doesn't care about the slangin, which is good and bad. Don't want to stop him from being aggressive, but a lot of it is coming in the RZ where I think there are some problems with Arians offense.

He also actually seemed amused that Luck went for the tackle on the INT. It doesn't matter how big he is, QBs don't practice tackling and shouldn't be trying it.

Yeah, a pat on the head isn't what I'd expect after a bad int + diving into the DB.

Like it or hate it, Arians has them at 5-1. I...don't know how to feel about that.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Screw that. Andrew Luck should play on defense.

MechDX

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...go-Bears/d3cfdb84-e1d8-48d2-b875-1a0abc186b5b

“It’s a big game – very big game,” said wide receiver Andre Johnson, the Texans’ longest-tenured player. “I think that the big thing is not to put too much pressure on yourself. We know the significance of this game. It’s probably the biggest game in this franchise’s history.”

I dont think its as big a game as Baltimore was or New England will be. But whatever it takes to get them pumped. If I wasnt a Texans fan I would root for Andre. Classy guy who has been comitted to this team even though he was stuck with Carr for 4 years and could have walked away a few years ago but chose not to because he felt he made a commitment.

And he beat the hell out of Innegan!

harSon

Banned
Ugh, why do we have to play on Monday night. It's not even a good game... although we'll probably find a way to lose it like we always do against shit teams. Their familiarity with Haley will probably fuck us over in some capacity.

So when the Jags and Chiefs both finish 1-15 who gets the number 1 pick??

Tiebreaker 1 is strength of schedule, so it depends on who faced shittier teams this season (by way of their win loss record after week 17)
Tiebreaker 2 is conference record
Tiebreaker 3 is a coin flip

EDIT: At a glance I think the Chiefs currently have the "advantage", but it's close

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I need rors to weigh in on Lane Kiffin ordering the USC student manager to deflate footballs and then throwing him under the bus.

bionic77

Are you Nick Harper?

MechDX

i5WleUN8MBssx.gif

Matt agrees. Ole' motherfu**er!

Top Bottom