• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

Are you Nick Harper?

iKredmumvujX3.gif

bionic77

Why are you guys so hung up on your qb's looks?

Yes Luck is an ugly monster, but he is also a physical beast and is going to be a really good player. He is still not as ugly as Suggs either. To be fair to Suggs though, it is possible that he might be considered good looking on his planet. I don't know much about beauty for the Predator species.

When did you all become Pat fans who spend more time masturbating to Tigerbeat pictures of their quarterback instead of watching the games?

eznark

Banned
I know it sounds sissy-like to say that, but your season is over when the QB gets hurt. QBs don't practice blocking or tackling. It's just too risky to do in a game given the potential costs

How many quarterbacks in the past decade have been seriously hurt trying to make a tackle?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Yes Luck is an ugly monster, but he is also a physical beast and is going to be a really good player. He is still not as ugly as Suggs either. To be fair to Suggs though, it is possible that he might be considered good looking on his planet. I don't know much about beauty for the Predator species.

When did you all become Pat fans who spend more time masturbating to Tigerbeat pictures of their quarterback instead of watching the games?

I for one believe in age over beauty when it comes to QBs.

Fool, good looking quarterbacks are a thousand times less likely to have rape charges filed against them.

squicken

How many quarterbacks in the past decade have been seriously hurt trying to make a tackle?

Rosencopter broke his hand during Carr's final season. Kubiak wanted to bench Carr but couldn't b/c the Sager was out for the year. so we got to watch 10 more games of Carr throwing 5 yard passes and were denied who knows how many classic Sage moments

eznark

Banned
Probably, but Trent Green got hurt waking up in the morning so...

Rosencopter broke his hand during Carr's final season. Kubiak wanted to bench Carr but couldn't b/c the Sager was out for the year. so we got to watch 10 more games of Carr throwing 5 yard passes and were denied who knows how many classic Sage moments

So...one?

Bowser said:
Former Giants GM Ernie Accorsi will serve as the consultant for the Panthers GM search
*waves goodbye to Marc Ross*

Final Giants injury report for Sunday:

OUT: S Kenny Phillips (knee), LB Jacquian Williams (knee), CB Michael Coe (hamstring)

QUESTIONABLE: G Chris Snee (ankle), LB Keith Rivers (calf), RB Ahmad Bradshaw (foot).

PROBABLE: LB Chase Blackburn (hamstring), DT Chris Canty (groin), WR Hakeem Nicks (knee), C David Baas (ankle/elbow), TE Bear Pascoe (ankle), RB Andre Brown (shoulder).

MechDX

Damn. The NBA season can't be more than 5% over.

Speaking of which, which NFL hc will get the axe first? My monies are on the loser of Eagles/Cowboys.

I agree then Jerruh announces himself head coach, GM, owner and Emporer of the Dallas metroplex.

bionic77

Huh. Weird. Wouldn't Jerry Buss' daughter be like 70?
She is probably 50 and Jackson is closing in on 70.

She still looks good (for her age) and I think she posed for PlayBoy with some basketballs in front of her breasts.

Its LA. A rich girl like that is not allowed to look bad.

squicken

Speaking of which, which NFL hc will get the axe first? My monies are on the loser of Eagles/Cowboys.

Yeah 5 games in is the NBA equivalent of firing an NFL coach after 1 game. But it's easy to change coaches in the other sports and bring a new guy in. In the NFL you are stuck with elevating assistants. Who at Philly can take over? Moringwhig? Bowles? They are stuck with Reid for the year.

In Dallas, Rob Ryan could give it a go I guess

Shit is getting bad for the Ravens when I have to find a spot in my fantasy lineup to start Denarius Moore because his matchup this week is too sweet.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

A tie. Reid/Garrett/Shurmur/whoever coaches Carolina all get axed the second the regular season ends.

Norv Turner though gets a 2 year extension.

LJ11

The massive weakness in Luck's game is that when he's under pressure, he'd rather force the ball deep than eat it. I don't know if this is going to be corrected, as he's been that way his entire college career and I think Arians likes it.

I don't agree with him forcing the ball deep in college, he rarely went deep, when he did it was a called shot play off PA. Lots of short stuff inside the numbers with intermediate outs/corners and the occasional deep shot.

It just seems so weird this guy keeps talking about getting another QB when the season isn't over. Doesn't that kind of send the message to the players that management thinks it's over? Is this their way of tanking?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/09/buddy-nix-says-he-wants-to-draft-a-qb-this-year/

They've won too many games already. He also said there isn't a sure fire QB, quality isn't as good as recent years. Guy has to placate the fans right now, he'll say whatever. Waited too long to fire scouts/directors in the FO, two drafts until he made a move. Needs to fire the coach, doubt he pulls the trigger.

Talon

Yeah, I don't know what chuck's been seeing. Stanford lined up with 3 TEs more than any other college team. They'd have Gaffney as the lone receiver out there and have him run 7s, 8s, and 9s occasionally, but most of his passes went to Ertz and Fleener between 10-20 yards from the LoS.

Guy moves as well with pressure in the pocket as AGod already. Whoever's playing on the right side for Indianapolis is terrible. The bits of the Phins game I saw, Luck was flushed to his left immediately on a consistent basis. And his ball placement, even when tracking backwards, is phenomenal. That TD last week was a thing of beauty. Up and to the front of the end zone, so only his receiver could make a play on it. Brees-esque.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Luck definitely forced some balls in college. I'll see if I can find some tape when I'm done with work. Both of his interceptions (I know one of them was called back) last night were ill advised throws due to pressure.

Yeah, I don't know what chuck's been seeing. Stanford lined up with 3 TEs more than any other college team. They'd have Gaffney as the lone receiver out there and have him run 7s, 8s, and 9s occasionally, but most of his passes went to Ertz and Fleener between 10-20 yards from the LoS.

Guy moves as well with pressure in the pocket as AGod already. Whoever's playing on the right side for Indianapolis is terrible. The bits of the Phins game I saw, Luck was flushed to his left immediately on a consistent basis. And his ball placement, even when tracking backwards, is phenomenal. That TD last week was a thing of beauty. Up and to the front of the end zone, so only his receiver could make a play on it. Brees-esque.

Linkenbach...ugh. They moved him to right tackle, he's better at guard.

He's shit, overall.

squicken

The Steelers and Emmanuel Sanders got fined for the fake injury a few weeks back

On Luck, it's crazy how many INTs he has avoided. Ross should have picked that deep pass off but wildly mis-played it. The other was negated by a helmet-to-helmet. I don't know if anyone charts those types of things but MIA had a couple of passes they should have intercepted. Doubt it would have changed outcome vs JAX, but it would have absolutely changed the result vs MIA

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The Steelers and Emmanuel Sanders got fined for the fake injury a few weeks back

31 other teams do that shit and the league looks the other way. The Steelers do it and they're immediately made an example of. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the league cracking down on this type of bullshit, but why wait until it's the Steelers?

In summary: GET FUCKED, GOODELL.

Top Bottom