• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

Dragon

Banned
Did you see the Giants game on Sunday? Where Ben was able to avoid the rush and withstand it, Tammy instead would whimper like a bitch and crumble against the rush instead of keeping his head up and looking downfield.

Explaining why stats by themselves are worthless to a Pats fan (most of whom only watch Pats games and started watching football in 2003) is as useless as trying to explain evolution to a Packers fan, dieting to a Bucs fan, or electricity to a Amish person.

I think most people will note that Ben holds onto the ball way too damn long. It's what makes him good and what makes him take sacks and hits. bionic being bionic

eznark

Banned
Relevant teams and real dynasties like the patriots create history every year, dont live off them like washed up has beens

Even if we pretend like the Patriots aren't a disgraced and ruined franchise as a result of their rampant cheating and did win those championships, it's been almost a decade since the last.

Pretty clear which franchise is washed up.

cajunator

Banned
Even if we pretend like the Patriots aren't a disgraced and ruined franchise as a result of their rampant cheating and did win those championships, it's been almost a decade since the last.

Don't say that to Lunchbox. He might cry or something.

What really sucks is that 3-5 in the NFC South is hopeless whereas the NFC East is so fucking bad that the Eagles actually still have hope.
Its sickening.

Eagles and Saints are both fighting for the last WC spot. No way does either team win their division. It is going to take 10-6 to get in this year at the worst, possibly 11-5. Eagles and Saints are both done.

Dragon

Banned

He was talking about the Dolphins. You know that team that hasn't won since 1972? smh

Somebody hasn't been paying attention to our constant Arians bitching.

Haven't watched a ton of the Steelers this year. I'm assuming by this post Haley has stopped the longer developing routes that Arians favored?

squicken

How is it legal to bet on elections under the guise of them somehow being futures, but we can't bet on football games in a similar manner?

beast786

Speaking of dynasties...

603188_10151145324118605_1133512762_n.jpg

Oh yeah...

:(

cajunator

Banned
Just think how hopeless you'll be at 3-6!

This season is sunk. It doesnt really matter at that point. In any case its a divisional game, and yall look rather vulnerable.
For example, have you played any teams with an offense yet? Denver is one but that was before Peyton got back to his normal self.
Turner will gash the fuck out of us though, no doubting that. It always happens.
Im sure Julio will look like an all star too and Roddy White of course.
Hard to say though. Its at home and the Saints play much better there. Could be a close one.
Its definitely a hard game to call.

eznark

Banned
He was talking about the Dolphins. You know that team that hasn't won since 1972? smh

Yeah, by claiming a team that hasn't won shit in almost a decade is somehow writing history.

A pissing match between a couple of has been franchises. Wonderful.

bionic77

Somebody hasn't been paying attention to our constant Arians bitching.
:lol

I love how he just proved my point of him not watching the games.

Pat fans are those idiots at football games or at the bar who don't understand the game at all and annoy the fuck out of everyone and whose answer to everything is to throw it deep or blitz. Its so simple coaches why can't you figure it out?

Do they close schools for Election Day where you all live? When I was a kid in Maryland, schools were closed on Election Day, and the schools were polling places. Now in California, schools are open, yet they still use them as polling places. Apparently, they never closed on Election Day.

cajunator

Banned
Do they close schools for Election Day where you all live? When I was a kid in Maryland, schools were closed on Election Day, and the schools were polling places. Now in California, schools are open, yet they still use them as polling places. Apparently, they never closed on Election Day.

Yes.

Greg

I'm not sure what they do now, but we still had class and they did weird shit like use the auditorium + cafeteria for polling and we ate lunch in our classrooms.

squicken

They didn't close the schools when I was a kid. About the only thing they did different was close off some of the parking lot in HS, which was a giant pain in the ass. Never enough spots for the students

Nope and never have in Boston, even though some of the polling locations are in schools.

Sokantish

It didn't work for the Eagles but I love that Cooper is "hiding" in the end zone for the trick play. I mean literally on the ground in Solid Snake stealth mode. :jnc

http://www.totalprosports.com/2012/11/06/riley-cooper-eagles-trick-play-kickoff-hide-end-zone-gif/

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Riley-Cooper-HIDING-IN-THE-END-ZONE.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

You would think if ANYONE saw him at all they would have known something was up though

Greg

It didn't work for the Eagles but I love that Cooper is "hiding" in the end zone for the trick play. I mean literally on the ground in Solid Snake stealth mode. :jnc
I laughed out loud at that. I don't remember which announcer said it, but before they showed that angle they said he was hiding back there... never would've guessed that's what they meant by it.

Dragon

Banned
:lol

I love how he just proved my point of him not watching the games.

Pat fans are those idiots at football games or at the bar who don't understand the game at all and annoy the fuck out of everyone and whose answer to everything is to throw it deep or blitz. Its so simple coaches why can't you figure it out?

My bad I thought that's what you try to do with every post? You root for a racist organization that supports rape. Go away with your hypocrisy.

Thats like 40 years ago!

Larry Csonka is pissed!!

Nope and never have in Boston, even though some of the polling locations are in schools.

Boston still has Evacuation Day, a holiday no one outside the city has ever heard of :).

Thats like 40 years ago!
Irrelevant, I was just correcting a factually incorrect statement.

On a slightly related note, it's not like I'm satisfied with the Dolphins franchise as a fan. There's a reason I'm not sitting here talking about how they're going to dominate the Patriots when they finally play each other or whatever. I realize that they haven't been relevant (in the sense of legit SB contender) since Marino retired but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop cheering for them. This year has been promising so far, hopefully the upward trend continues and the team is a SB contender within the next 5 years or so.

IND @ JAC-Luck is the Dovahkiin;Colts continue to win for the skipper.

SD @ TB-Doug Martin is strong enough to put Fatman on his back and still keep going.
TEN @ MIA-Dolphins aren't terrible.
BUF @ NE-It's rainin' UGG's in New England.
OAK @ BAL-Like Gary Johnson, the Raiders just losez.
---------------------
DEN @ CAR-PANTHERS ARE BACK ON TRACK FOR THE SUPER BOWL. RYAN KALIL VINDICATED! WOOT!

In all seriousness, Peyton's going to destroy us this week. Hopefully, we can keep it respectable late.
---------------------
NYG @ CIN-Giants have issues, but Cincinnati won't be able to exploit them.
DET @ MIN-Tigers>Twins;Vikings>Lions
ATL @ NO-To prolong the division race and also, FtF.
NYJ @ SEA-Cross-country trip (and lack of quality) doesn't favor Jets.
DAL @ PHI-One of these teams will lose another game. One of these teams will have to keep their horrible coach for at least another week. Everybody loses.
STL @ SF-Alex Smith just winz
HOU @ CHI-Texans are marginally the better team but Chicago has the homefield advantage against a dome team.

KC @ PIT-Chiefs are sliding out of mediocrity and into football oblivion.

pour-one-out.jpg

Pour one out for the fallen GAffers, Gaborn and scorcho.

Dragon

Banned
Irrelevant, I was just correcting a factually incorrect statement.

On a slightly related note, it's not like I'm satisfied with the Dolphins franchise as a fan. There's a reason I'm not sitting here talking about how they're going to dominate the Patriots when they finally play each other or whatever. I realize that they haven't been relevant (in the sense of legit SB contender) since Marino retired but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop cheering for them. This year has been promising so far, hopefully the upward trend continues and the team is a SB contender within the next 5 years or so.

The Dolphins are in a better place than the Jets and Bills. They should compete for a playoff spot over the next couple of years at the very least. Especially with that run D.

The Dolphins are in a better place than the Jets and Bills. They should compete for a playoff spot over the next couple of years at the very least. Especially with that run D.
The problem for them for the past decade has been finding a coach and QB that can actually stay for more than a season or two. They just keep wiping the slate clean and starting from square one over and over and over again. Obviously this cycle is indicative of problems with the ever-present front office but as a fan I try to ignore that and hope that they'll magically luck into relevancy one of these days. If Sparano Philbin and Henee Tannehill are the real deal then maybe that will be enough to offset the damage Ross and Ireland are constantly doing to the franchise, but the jury's obviously still out on that one.

Dragon

Banned
Yeah, by claiming a team that hasn't won shit in almost a decade is somehow writing history.

A pissing match between a couple of has been franchises. Wonderful.

Every time you state the Pats haven't won a SB you're rewriting history.

Wes

venison crêpe
My support is up for sale this week. Who wants to increase their foreign fanbase for a week?

Top Bottom