• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

squicken

I really wish Harbaugh would listen to that post beast. Seriously. Foster had 104 yards sunday night.The majority of that came in the first half or so. Do you know the texans total yards for the entire second half? Go on, look at the stats. I'm gonna tell you anyway, Its 40+ yards. 40+ yards between foster,their second running back, and schuab in the second half. The Texans offense garnered 215 yards total the whole game.

The bears doesn't have a top ranked run defense for nothing. All that being said, that was with shitty weather and soldier field grass. So don't go spewing crap as if the bears run d is the flaw in that defense. LOL

Also, the texans pass rush had no effect whats so ever against the O line, 0 sacks for the first time since last year.

The Texans decided not to take chances and make your offense win the game. Not that your defense isn't great, but don't use 2nd half stats to prove that point. SF can run the ball better than HOU, and your CBs are wasted when the nightmare scenario is Briggs or Urlacher trying to run with VD

I think both stafford And cutler just have unfortunate genetics in that they hold a ton of fat in their cheeks. I'm pretty sure they are relatively fit for a professional athlete. They for sure aren't obese like baseball's prince fielder or Pablo sandavol.

Anyone read any updates on Alex? Last thing I saw was Harbaugh saying he was feeling much better. How did staley come back so quickly after getting a concussion? He was knocked out against the giants but played during the Seattle game. Are there different rules for quarterbacks versus o-linemen? I can't imagine that would be the case.

49ers Alex Smith suffered a concussion on Sunday. And while it’s unclear whether he’ll be cleared by an independent neurologist to return to action on Monday night against the Bears, a league source tells PFT that Smith is seeking a second opinion.

It’s unclear what impact, if any, a second opinion would have on the assessment of an independent neurologist. Given the somewhat subjective nature of the ultimate assessment of a guy’s symptoms, however, a second opinion that points toward a mild concussion or no concussion at all could influence the independent neurologist’s assessments.

Smith has every reason to try to get back on the field. If Smith doesn’t play and if Colin Kaepernick plays well on a national stage, Alex Smith could be the sports world’s next Wally Pipp.

cutler is listed as doubtful but i can't really find anything else about it

Doubt is growing that Jay Cutler will recover from his latest concussion without missing some time for the Chicago Bears.

ESPN's John Clayton said on air Tuesday it's "doubtful" Cutler will play in Week 11's Monday night matchup against the San Francisco 49ers.

Cutler reportedly has suffered nearly half-a-dozen concussions dating back to his days at Vanderbilt. The Bears will be careful not to rush the signal-callerback into the lineup before he's 100 percent ready. Even if the Bears are comfortable with Cutler returning, he still must pass league-mandated testing.

We'll have a better idea of Cutler's status when the Bears return to practice on Thursday. The Bears re-signed Josh McCown on Tuesday to provide some more insurance.

ari

Banned
The Texans decided not to take chances and make your offense win the game. Not that your defense isn't great, but don't use 2nd half stats to prove that point. SF can run the ball better than HOU, and your CBs are wasted when the nightmare scenario is Briggs or Urlacher trying to run with VD

That's the shittiest spin i have ever heard for not using 2nd half stats.

I agree, bears d got its hands full come monday. I'm not even arguing that at all.

beast786

I really wish Harbaugh would listen to that post beast. Seriously. Foster had 104 yards sunday night.The majority of that came in the first half or so. Do you know the texans total yards for the entire second half? Go on, look at the stats. I'm gonna tell you anyway, Its 40+ yards. 40+ yards between foster,their second running back, and schuab in the second half. The Texans offense garnered 215 yards total the whole game.

The bears doesn't have a top ranked run defense for nothing. All that being said, that was with shitty weather and soldier field grass. So don't go spewing crap as if the bears run d is the flaw in that defense. LOL

Also, the texans pass rush had no effect whats so ever against the O line, 0 sacks for the first time since last year.

I never said the Run D was bad. I said the secondary is the strength and game changer. NFL is all about match up. I predicted 9ers to lose to MINN, because of match ups.

For this particular game losing cutler is a blessing in disguise, not for the season but match up against 9ers.

ari

Banned
I never said the Run D was bad. I said the secondary is the strength and game changer. NFL is all about match up. I predicted 9ers to lose to MINN, because of match ups.

For this particular game losing cutler is a blessing in disguise, not for the season but match up against 9ers.

i rather have cutler playing. I trust him to make more plays then cambell.

Ranvier

cutler is listed as doubtful but i can't really find anything else about it

Ah thanks. But smith seeking a second opinion probably means he wasn't cleared by the first doc right? As much as I like kaep, he's still just too green right now.

Also just saw an interview with Kendall hunter. He is an awesome swift footed RB but do the niners not have dental plan, dude needs braces.

simpsons

Spinluck

inquisitr said:
scarjo.jpg

http://www.inquisitr.com/390538/scarlett-johansson-flashes-new-ribcage-tattoo-photo/

ScarJo got a shitty Colts tattoo, woohoo!!!

cajunator

Banned
Its quite fitting for a team with a horseshoe for a logo to end up with a QB named Luck.
Its just so perfect.
Maybe too perfect...

bionic77

Anyone here been to Atlantis? We are going on Thursday for my first vacation in 2 years. Any tips or advice? I have never been to the Bahamas. Any restaurant recommendations or things to do? Keep in mind we are traveling with two very young children.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
My father in law keeps saying to just get rid of the helmets. Defensive players would quit using their heads as a weapon. It really shouldn't be shocking that since these players are under a huge amount of pressure to perform, that they're going to use everything you give them to their advantage.

Outlaw helmets.

Outlaw helmets
pretty much this. Outlaw helmets or put a bunch of padding on the outside and guys will stop using their head as a damn weapon.

Also, i cant believe the hypocrisy of the PA, they want independent neurologists but, 99% of every former and current player i have heard talk about it will openly admit they not only will they lie about having a concussion or concussion symptoms, many of them say they would prefer to have a concussion over a knee or leg injury because they can still play with a concussion.

That said I feel bad for cutler. thats 6 or 7 concussions since college. I dont think Dobbins was intentionally trying to hurt him.

Decent weather.

Seriously, screw year round summer.
what you talkin' bout man. Its highs in the 60s right now, lows in the 40s. Best time to live in houston. This weekend its supposed to be sunny and in the 70s.

I feel dirty. Rooting for the Pats this week so the Texans can wrap up the division early.

Im a dirty, dirty whore.
actually we want the colts to win so the patriots can't get the 1st or second seed. The only way the colts take this division is injuries to key players. that said im happy with a loss by either team. And frankly im fucking tired of the colts and luck already. Yes, your coach has cancer, i dont really give a fuck, thousands of people get diagnosed with cancer every day whats special about you? No i dont want him to die, but that doesnt mean i want to root for your team thank you very much.

So who has been happy with their teams 1st round picks?
Which year?
I would say so far I love me some JJ Watt.
Cushing is one of the best linebackers in the league
Duane Brown is one of the best left tackles in the league
Kareem Jackson is coming into his own.
And Mercilus has made some impact plays on limited snaps the last few weeks.

Rick Smith has been doing an excellent job stock piling talent and so far made good decisions letting good talent walk in free agency.

Rorschach

In the tail end of the last thread, there were people trying to tout Pat Lee? Seriously? Pat Lee is a third stringer at best. There's a reason why he was simply let go in a defense that is so bad, and riddled with injury, that they put a safety in at starting corner...

Drakeon

MIA @ BUF - With Miami's piss poor performance against the titans, i don't feel strong about this pick.

GB @ DET - lol lions defense
ARI @ ATL - Poor cardinals
TB @ CAR - Schiano is still a douchebag, but the buccaneers are legit.
CLE @ DAL - Dallas isn't that bad.
PHI @ WAS - Both teams are bad, but RG3 is better than Foles.
NYJ @ STL - Sanchez is that bad.
CIN @ KC
JAC @ HOU - Most lopsided game ever? Please don't make this close Houston.
NO @ OAK
SD @ DEN
IND @ NE - Honestly, half of this is just hoping for the upset to happen. I acknowledge the colts d is pretty terrible. I just really want them to lose to the Luck-led colts.
BAL @ PIT - Is Ben playing? Either way, they almost lost to the Chiefs of all teams.

CHI @ SF - No Cutler and in SF means I'm taking my Niners. Doesn't matter if its CK or smith, both are light years better than Jcamp. However, the bears defense still scares me, probably be low scoring.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
what you talkin' bout man. Its highs in the 60s right now, lows in the 40s. Best time to live in houston. This weekend its supposed to be sunny and in the 70s.

Winter is my favorite season of the year and Texas doesn't really have one. I want highs in the 40s at least for a few months to recover from these horrible summers.

Talon

Winter is my favorite season of the year and Texas doesn't really have one. I want highs in the 40s at least for a few months to recover from these horrible summers.
Your city really needs to figure out its drainage situation.

I was there for a week in the summer, and there were just massive puddles all over downtown.

JAC @ HOU - Most lopsided game ever? Please don't make this close Houston.
Don't be so shocked if it's a one score game. Vegas has this as -15 1/2, I wouldn't take that.

The Texans will likely play this game as vanilla as it can get, save some tricks for the tougher opponents coming up.

Well then you can stay in Wisconsin. People here don't like the idea of "cold" and are very glad we only have a winter for maybe a couple days every other year.

captive

Don't be so shocked if it's a one score game. Vegas has this as -15 1/2, I wouldn't take that.

The Texans will likely play this game as vanilla as it can get, save some tricks for the tougher opponents coming up.

the texans beat them by 20 on the road. I think they cover this. I believe they are 100% against the spread every game they've wont his year, which included the very high line against the ravens, even i was surprised they more than covered that.

the texans beat them by 20 on the road. I think they cover this. I believe they are 100% against the spread every game they've wont his year, which included the very high line against the ravens, even i was surprised they more than covered that.
Yes but that was Week 2 when they were only 1-0 at the time. You can't expect a team to play conservative that early in the season. Texans are now 8-1 and know they don't need to pull out their entire bag of tricks to get past the Jags.

captive

Yes but that was Week 2 when they were only 1-0 at the time. You can't expect a team to play conservative that early in the season. Texans are now 8-1 and know they don't need to pull out their entire bag of tricks to get past the Jags.

what are you even talking about. They wont need to pull out "bag of tricks" its the frickin jags, without Maurice Jones Drew. They just need to do what they do, play good defense, run the ball and dont turn it over and its an easy easy win. if they come out flat or turn the ball over, yea they probably won't cover.

cajunator

Banned
I get cold in the 50s.I couldnt survive up north.

I could survive, but I prefer to get through 90% of winter with nothing heavier than a sweater. Those couple of weeks where it gets bitter cold really suck because of the himidity.
It chills you straight through your bones.
Its impossible to stay warm.
Some dudes from Chicago came down here and even they hated the gulf coast cold.
Fuck winter.

I'm not saying the Texans are going to be in a close ball game, but Texans aren't the team that will run up the score. They will grab an early lead and then, since it's the Jaguars, switch to some base defense and base offense. The players will still play hard though, so of course the Jaguars might be so bad that the score ends up a blow out unintentionally, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans are contempt at keeping it a 10-14 point lead and then try to drain the clock to get the game over with and avoid injuries. And then maybe the Jags get a score in garbage time making it only a 3-7 point Texans win, and that's where I came to that conclusion of not being shocked if it's a 1 score game.

That doesn't mean I don't think this is the biggest mismatch of the week because it definitely is. Just how I think the Texans may strategically play this one.

Anyone here been to Atlantis? We are going on Thursday for my first vacation in 2 years. Any tips or advice? I have never been to the Bahamas. Any restaurant recommendations or things to do? Keep in mind we are traveling with two very young children.

Throw on a mail suit and feed the sharks! Take pics! But really not much to do with small children, too young to go snorkeling probably? If not you should find a captain and take the opportunity to spear some lobsters. It's illegal to spearem in the states so it might be your one chance in life! They're so much bigger they're too. Maybe check out the glass bottom boats if the kids are real small.

Never been to Atlantis, there's probably plenty in that place to keep the kids entertained. I've heard great things about their BBQ pit.

ari

Banned
I'm not saying the Texans are going to be in a close ball game, but Texans aren't the team that will run up the score. They will grab an early lead and then, since it's the Jaguars, switch to some base defense and base offense. The players will still play hard though, so of course the Jaguars might be so bad that the score ends up a blow out unintentionally, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans are contempt at keeping it a 10-14 point lead and then try to drain the clock to get the game over with and avoid injuries. And then maybe the Jags get a score in garbage time making it only a 3-7 point Texans win, and that's where I came to that conclusion of not being shocked if it's a 1 score game.

That doesn't mean I don't think this is the biggest mismatch of the week because it definitely is. Just how I think the Texans may strategically play this one.
Texans had complete blowouts this year, so i don't buy this logic. Neither should you.

Greg

I could survive, but I prefer to get through 90% of winter with nothing heavier than a sweater. Those couple of weeks where it gets bitter cold really suck because of the himidity.
It chills you straight through your bones.
Its impossible to stay warm.
Some dudes from Chicago came down here and even they hated the gulf coast cold.
Fuck winter.
fall is the superior season, but winter cold is awesome

I don't even own a winter jacket

How young? I think they do a swim with the dolphins thing there. Definitely one of those "once in a lifetime" things to do if the kids are old enough to appreciate it.

I hate winter. Just because I live in Minnesota doesnt mean I like it, I just deal with it by drinking a lot of liquor.

It fucking sucks when you step outside and instantly feel uncomfortable because of the biting cold or when your hair freezes because its a little bit wet from your morning shower.

cdyhybrid

Go Hawks

Bye sucks

MIA @ BUF

GB @ DET
ARI @ ATL
TB @ CAR
CLE @ DAL
PHI @ WAS
NYJ @ STL
CIN @ KC
JAC @ HOU
NO @ OAK
SD @ DEN
IND @ NE
BAL @ PIT

CHI @ SF

Texans had complete blowouts this year, so i don't buy this logic. Neither should you.
23-17 versus the Jets? 21-9 versus the Bills? These are both games that the Texans just played very vanilla football against obviously inferior teams.

Again I'm not saying the Texans can't blow out the Jaguars, we all know they can. I'm just saying I'm wouldn't count on that being their goal and I wouldn't take that -15 1/2 betting line.

Top Bottom