• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

MechDX

I really wish Harbaugh would listen to that post beast. Seriously. Foster had 104 yards sunday night.The majority of that came in the first half or so. Do you know the texans total yards for the entire second half? Go on, look at the stats. I'm gonna tell you anyway, Its 40+ yards. 40+ yards between foster,their second running back, and schuab in the second half. The Texans offense garnered 215 yards total the whole game.

The bears doesn't have a top ranked run defense for nothing. All that being said, that was with shitty weather and soldier field grass. So don't go spewing crap as if the bears run d is the flaw in that defense. LOL

Also, the texans pass rush had no effect whats so ever against the O line, 0 sacks for the first time since last year.

Well thats because Wade was toying with Tice:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8622498/chicago-bears-just-ready-nfl-elite

Houston's defense was so unconcerned with the Bears passing game the Texans took a defensive back off the field and replaced him with a linebacker to crowd the line and stone Forte. Those who expected Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips to crush Bears offensive coordinator Mike Tice were right on the money. Tice has never seemed more in over his head. Those waiting for Tice's adjustment to the adjustment were, well, waiting.

Wade is such a badass.

squicken

So this is kind of weird. It's nowhere like official, but the rumors out of STL are that the coaches caught the suspended players smoking pot in their hotel room. They cut one guy and suspended the other two, but I wonder how that goes with league enforcement.

Jenkins has been a fuck up his whole life and has multiple arrests for pot, so I doubt he'll ever actually learn to change. Plus he doesn't seem very interested in becoming good at football

But Givens is supposed to be a nice guy who just sort of followed along. Still dumb, but I don't want to write him off, since he seems good at football

23-17 versus the Jets? 21-9 versus the Bills? These are both games that the Texans just played very vanilla football against obviously inferior teams.

Again I'm not saying the Texans can't blow out the Jaguars, we all know they can. I'm just saying I'm wouldn't count on that being their goal and I wouldn't take that -15 1/2 betting line.

No they probably won't blow out JAX unless there are a lot of turnovers. But the Texans have come out flat a few times this year. The talent gap is so large that you'd think it won't matter, but you never know

Spinluck

I'm pretty sure if all 32 head coaches were locked in a cage, and forced to fight to the death. Mike Tomlin would win handily.

cajunator

Banned
Actually Jim Schwartz would be pretty nasty too.
Hmm..maybe Philbin would go first.
Hes pretty timid and gets eaten alive by his own players.

bionic77

How young? I think they do a swim with the dolphins thing there. Definitely one of those "once in a lifetime" things to do if the kids are old enough to appreciate it.
20 months. Too young for that. Somehow not that interested in swimming with dolphins either.

Swimming with sharks sounds awesome though. Also sounds expensive. I would love to try that. Probably not this trip though.

I was terrified that this was going to be about the Dolphins which made this article even more of a pleasant surprise!

left guard Matt Slauson, told the Daily News that Mark Sanchez is the Jets’ best quarterback by far.

“It’s not even close,” Slauson said. “All the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Mark. We don’t really have a choice.”

Asked about the Jets’ two backup quarterbacks, Tebow and Greg McElroy, Slauson said the Jets really only have one other quarterback.

“We have Greg . . . and we have an athlete,” Slauson said.
LOL, wow...

Slo

I hate winter. Just because I live in Minnesota doesnt mean I like it, I just deal with it by drinking a lot of liquor.

It fucking sucks when you step outside and instantly feel uncomfortable because of the biting cold or when your hair freezes because its a little bit wet from your morning shower.

Wonderful avatar. I forgot about the Detroit Years.

Slo

Nobody's nailing Tebow.

Tim-Tebow-Florida-Gators-Loser-Crying-Scripture-Abuse-Bible-John-16-33-cry-baby-football-jesus-hates-the-gators-(2)-708277.JPG

Poor Tebow.

Wes

venison crêpe
Why isn't there a decent American Football Head Coach game? I know there was one like 8 years ago - would it not see the same proportional interest to fans of the game as Football (Soccer) Manager does?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why isn't there a decent American Football Head Coach game? I know there was one like 8 years ago - would it not see the same proportional interest to fans of the game as Football (Soccer) Manager does?

Nerds only live in Europe duh.

Seriously wish there was something half as good as Football Manager for us yanks.

Slo

Nerds only live in Europe duh.

Seriously wish there was something half as good as Football Manager for us yanks.

Could you please explain to me what more people would like that's not offered by the coaching mode in Madden? I mean, I never personally play the thing because I find it mind numbingly boring, but what more do you guys want? You want to do post game interviews and have the media call for you to be fired because your shitty QB keeps throwing interceptions on you?

Milchjon

They need to totally clean house of those guys. It is bad enough that they are throwing a teammate under the bus, but if they actually think Sanchez is good then it is clear they dont know anything about football.

"We don’t really have a choice.” doesn't sound like strong endorsement...

Wrayfield

Could you please explain to me what more people would like that's not offered by the coaching mode in Madden? I mean, I never personally play the thing because I find it mind numbingly boring, but what more do you guys want? You want to do post game interviews and have the media call for you to be fired because your shitty QB keeps throwing interceptions on you?

I would want the whole Football Manager enchilada (the other football), man. It might be a Euro thing, but it's pretty nice to run every aspect of an organisation. By that, I don't mean choosing play from pre-defined playbooks that are horribly simplified. I want to scout properly, I want to train and coach properly, and I want to manage the finances. Whoever makes a sim that comes close to it gets my money for sure.

"We don’t really have a choice.” doesn't sound like strong endorsement...

Well that is still more of an endorsement then he has earned. Plus they do have other choices, Tebow has won at both the college and NFL level. The Jets passing attack is garbage with Sanchez, it cant be any worse with Tebow and the running would be much better with Tebow at QB. I dont understand why Sanchez's teammates stick up for him at all. All the stories about him being out late before games and not spending enough time in the film room, I would be so pissed if I was a teammate of his. Give me the guy that works hard every single time.

Slo

I would want the whole Football Manager enchilada (the other football), man. It might be a Euro thing, but it's pretty nice to run every aspect of an organisation. By that, I don't mean choosing play from pre-defined playbooks that are horribly simplified. I want to scout properly, I want to train and coach properly, and I want to manage the finances. Whoever makes a sim that comes close to it gets my money for sure.

So in this "game" you'd be watching lots of college football, measuring the inseams of college dudes, doing a fantasy draft, balancing the team's roster against the salary cap, and then the big payoff is watching the results from the sideline?

whiterussian.gif

Top Bottom