• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

BigAT

ITT: People who played GTA IV

I hope GTA V is great, I really do. I just don't understand people drooling all over themselves because of a trailer that doesn't contain any gameplay. What good is any of it? Especially when the last game was incredibly disappointing.

Did I really see someone on here suggest that we pick up Tebow?

No thanks. Tebow has a much stronger mental capacity than Newton, but other than that (which is a big part, IMO) that would be a HUGE downgrade. At least when Cam throws the ball it always ends up in the general vicinity of his intended target. Tim Tebow is more inaccurate than late era Jake Delhomme (and that's saying something).

Cam's not flawless but he's also not useless. Tebow, outside of being a sideline chaplain, is useless.

Milchjon

I hope GTA V is great, I really do. I just don't understand people drooling all over themselves because of a trailer that doesn't contain any gameplay. What good is any of it? Especially when the last game was incredibly disappointing.

Gay Tony was a great step in the right direction.
San Andreas was awesome, and this is closer to that.
From the previews it sounds like they listened to gamers' complaints and changed several major annoyances.
They had many years to improve, and look at the Progression of GTA 3->VC->SA, every one of them being leagues ahead of their respective predecessor.
The trailers look awesome.

All this gives me enough reason to believe.

Did I really see someone on here suggest that we pick up Tebow?

No thanks. Tebow has a much stronger mental capacity than Newton, but other than that (which is a big part, IMO) that would be a HUGE downgrade. At least when Cam throws the ball it always ends up in the general vicinity of his intended target. Tim Tebow is more inaccurate than late era Jake Delhomme (and that's saying something).

Cam's not flawless but he's also not useless. Tebow, outside of being a sideline chaplain, is useless.

How can you say he is useless? He threw for over 300 yards in a playoff game. Let me know when Cam does anything like that. Tebow is a guy that I really believe a team could win with. It would take a creative coach maybe but there has to be a way to win with a QB like him.

Talon

Hey Cousin! Let us pick up new GTA game, yeah?

Maybe we have sex at bowling alley with ladies that have big tittays!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The jets was still in that game and the bills just stayed around. i watched both games man.

How can anyone believe this shit when the texans got the second most blowup differential in the league after the bears? What is the angle? Are you really trying to discredit teams like the jets and bills by saying the texans played vanilla against them or something?
I wasn't surprised at all the jets made a game of it. They got absolutely destroyed the week before by the 49ers, and then as soon as Carlos Rogers came on and said the jets quit, I knew they were going to come out playing well.

How can you say he is useless? He threw for over 300 yards in a playoff game. Let me know when Cam does anything like that. Tebow is a guy that I really believe a team could win with. It would take a creative coach maybe but there has to be a way to win with a QB like him.

Define win.

Maybe a few regular season games? Sure. But Sanchez, Gabbert and Cassell could reliably win a few regular season games.

But you can't win consistently with a guy like Tim Tebow. You could come up with all the gimmicks you like, but gimmicks in the NFL tend to only work once or twice. As soon as teams get tape on him, those creative plays become harder and harder to run. The fact is, Tebow can't pass and he's not even consistent enough to be trusted as a game manager like Alex Smith.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy personally and I hope he does well. But he doesn't simply doesn't have enough of the tools to succeed at this level.

If the bears win ill tittyfuck FMT after shitting on his chest.

colin01odbh5.gif

I don't think I've ever been more down on my team. I really feel like we're done, and I'm the first to see it, even though we're 7-2 and coming off a 55-20 win. I don't get where all this despondency comes from, maybe I'm projecting my life on the Ravens.

Narag

I don't think I've ever been more down on my team. I really feel like we're done, and I'm the first to see it, even though we're 7-2 and coming off a 55-20 win. I don't get where all this despondency comes from, maybe I'm projecting my life on the Ravens.

Blame it in an injured D and a reliance on Flacco to win big games.

MechDX

Break out your Battle Red t shirt and join the hype train.

Define win.

Maybe a few regular season games? Sure. But Sanchez, Gabbert and Cassell could reliably win a few regular season games.

But you can't win consistently with a guy like Tim Tebow. You could come up with all the gimmicks you like, but gimmicks in the NFL tend to only work once or twice. As soon as teams get tape on him, those creative plays become harder and harder to run. The fact is, Tebow can't pass and he's not even consistent enough to be trusted as a game manager like Alex Smith.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy personally and I hope he does well. But he doesn't simply doesn't have enough of the tools to succeed at this level.

Win as in not turn the ball over a ton and hurt his team. Win as in getting guys to believe in him and being a leader, lead late drives and generally control the ball and help keep the D fresh. Tebow is big, quick, tough, and he can throw deep. His short range accuracy is terrible and he has a slow delivery. I think both things can be improved. I really think in the right situation he could develop into a QB that gives his team a chance to win. I would take Tebow over Foles right now.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Hey guys. Sorry that I didn't participate much in previous threads, but I think I'm doing really well in the pick-em pool.

Dragon

Banned

People drool over a 2D Mario game that has the same exact gameplay as the ones that came out in 1987. I'd rather them drool over GTAV, but yeah I didn't understand why people loved IV so much, Saints Row The Third and Sleeping Dogs were a lot more fun for me.

Godslay

Banned
Define win.

The main thing is having a offensive coordinator that will mould the offense around Tebow. McCoy did it in a way, but he would go back and forth between option and traditional offensive styles. He was never fully in imo.

As far as Tebow's accuracy, it can improve and he has shown glimpses of being accurate. I think he can be accurate enough to get the job done.

As far as intangibles, no one can deny his passion and excitement on the field.

I think not giving Tebow a shot in NYJ is a mistake. Hell they rode the corpse of Sanchez this far, put Tebow in and let Sparano get creative. I'd be interested in the results, good or bad.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Saw the GTAV trailer now.

I'm all in. Once a date is picked I may actually take a day or two off to play this. Last time I did that was Skyrim and before that...never.

Milchjon

People drool over a 2D Mario game that has the same exact gameplay as the ones that came out in 1987. I'd rather them drool over GTAV, but yeah I didn't understand why people loved IV so much, Saints Row The Third and Sleeping Dogs were a lot more fun for me.

I don't think most people really liked IV a lot. It's impressive at first, but that wears off.

That being said, I didn't like GTA 3 much either, I loved VC, and I still Play SA to this day. Improvements are possible.

I think not giving Tebow a shot in NYJ is a mistake. Hell they rode the corpse of Sanchez this far, put Tebow in and let Sparano get creative. I'd be interested in the results, good or bad.
"While this makes sense, I have the utmost confidence that Mark Sanchez is the best man for the blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."

- Rex Ryan

I don't think most people really liked IV a lot. It's impressive at first, but that wears off.

That being said, I didn't like GTA 3 much either, I loved VC, and I still Play SA to this day. Improvements are possible.

I hated IV so much that I am wary about V. I am sure as it gets closer I will get more excited but right now I cant get any excitement up. IV was so boring and frustrating, I really hope they can fix things. I loved RDR though so I havent given up on Rockstar.

Godslay

Banned
"While this makes sense, I have the utmost confidence that Mark Sanchez is the best man for the blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."

- Rex Ryan

That's the nearly the same thing Fox said last year about Neckbeard. We all know how that worked out. You just have to put Tebow out there and let him go. He's a gamer, thats all it boils down to.

Blame it in an injured D and a reliance on Flacco to win big games.

I just don't understand why Baltimore fans don't realize how bad Flacco is on the road. Every road game left this year is a loss (they're all against decent opponents too), simply because Flacco falls to pieces when he doesn't get cheered on. He's insecure; just look at how much he begs us to call him elite!

And this week, forget about it. I will root for the Ravens, I already made an avatar bet with Deacon, but I do not feel like we have a chance. Even with Ben out, Byron Leftwich is good enough (which is just one slight step above dogshit) to put up 20 on our terribly average defense. Can Joe Flacco put up three scores on the road? Against Pittsburgh?

Prove me wrong, but I just don't see it.

Spinluck

Saw the GTAV trailer now.

I'm all in. Once a date is picked I may actually take a day or two off to play this. Last time I did that was Skyrim and before that...never.

Yea, I actually really liked the trailer, it looks far more interesting than GTAIV.

I'm gonna wait till I see more though, these type of games are starting to be uninteresting to me. But this GTA seems to be trying some new things.

Owzers

Ryan and the Jets have the quarterback they deserve. At some point the players will start saying everyone on the jets, including themselves, are horrible except for Sanchez.

xnipx

I just don't understand why Baltimore fans don't realize how bad Flacco is on the road. Every road game left this year is a loss (they're all against decent opponents too), simply because Flacco falls to pieces when he doesn't get cheered on. He's insecure; just look at how much he begs us to call him elite!

And this week, forget about it. I will root for the Ravens, I already made an avatar bet with Deacon, but I do not feel like we have a chance. Even with Ben out, Byron Leftwich is good enough (which is just one slight step above dogshit) to put up 20 on our terribly average defense. Can Joe Flacco put up three scores on the road? Against Pittsburgh?

Prove me wrong, but I just don't see it.

Did last year not happen??? Flacco can beat Pitt on the road. He played great in the AFC championship and the year before he was a houshmanzada drop and Ladarius Webb blown coverage away from winning against Pitt in the playoffs. You're way too hard on him. We are still one of the best teams in a shit AFC

Top Bottom