• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

I dunno, if they get home field they're gonna be really dangerous.

That's our only shot. Houston coming back yesterday didn't help us, but I still can't get too excited about the rest of our schedule to have any real shot at home games in the playoffs. I don't feel we'll win the division, but we'll get a wildcard.

4th for Finley

We already spent our 4th rounder on Elite Talib.

Of all of the potential playoff teams the one I'm the most curious about is the Broncos. I really don't know what to expect from them come playoff time.

If both the Patriots and Broncos make it in the playoffs they will cross paths again, and their D just doesn't match up well with the Pats as seen in the last 3 games against them. But Peyton can fucking shred the Patriots, so I don't know. I just hope the Patriots don't face a Manning or Pollard in the playoffs if they make it.

It's going to suck for about 3-5 years but I'm glad Reid is leaving. I hope they tank for Barkley. Or somebody. Gaf, help me. Who should the Eagles tank for? Beside not-reid.

Tanking for Barkley seems like the worst thing ever.

Alex smith not playing tonight? Lol we are going to get destroyed. Kap gonna serve up some easy turnovers for the bears. Alex isn't great but he won't turn the ball over. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

The playoffs in the NFL are essentially a roulette wheel. Eliminate the qualifiers that have mediocre QBs and spin

Maybe recently, but even that is a testament to winning those ugly games.

I made this argument a few years back with Peyton Manning. In the regular season he was beating the shit out of chumps in the regular season then when he got the heat in the playoffs he folded every time. The one time, he gutted up and won ugly (against the Patriots, no less) he won the Super Bowl.

It's the ugly games that define you, not those 40-10 laughers.

If both the Patriots and Broncos make it in the playoffs they will cross paths again, and their D just doesn't match up well with the Pats as seen in the last 3 games against them. But Peyton can fucking shred the Patriots, so I don't know. I just hope the Patriots don't face a Manning or Pollard in the playoffs if they make it.
It would be a great playoff match-up, that's for sure. Both teams play in awful divisions and it seems like a lock that they'll win them so it's definitely a likely possibility that they'll see each other in the playoffs at this point.

Dutch Patriot said:
Tanking for Barkley seems like the worst thing ever.
What's wrong with tanking for Sanchez Barkley?

Maybe recently, but even that is a testament to winning those ugly games.

I made this argument a few years back with Peyton Manning. In the regular season he was beating the shit out of chumps in the regular season then when he got the heat in the playoffs he folded every time. The one time, he gutted up and won ugly (against the Patriots, no less) he won the Super Bowl.

First ever rained on Super Bowl buncha fucking shit Grossman

It's going to suck for about 3-5 years but I'm glad Reid is leaving. I hope they tank for Barkley. Or somebody. Gaf, help me. Who should the Eagles tank for? Beside not-reid.

Oh god no. They would be better off running the wishbone then playing Barkley at QB. There is no QB coming out in the draft that is a sure thing like Luck or RGIII were. Maybe they can grab a guy later in the draft and get lucky but it is a terrible year for QBs. I wonder if the Texans would be willing to trade Yates?

eznark

Banned
Kap couldn't beat the rams. A rams team that got blown out by the jets. Unless our run game goes off in a major way we aren't winning

Kap will have a good shot to clown a slow 4-3 team. The Bears are not that. Julius Peppers and Lance Briggs have to be furiously masturbating all day today. Maybe they will tire themselves out.

It would be a great playoff match-up, that's for sure. Both teams play in awful divisions and it seems like a lock that they'll win them so it's definitely a likely possibility that they'll see each other in the playoffs at this point.

What's wrong with tanking for Sanchez Barkley?

I will cry tears of joy if the Jets draft Barkley.

UTbzo.jpg

Look at these Patriotic ladies.

eznark

Banned
For all the "Aaron Rodgers never wins in the clutch!!!!!!" knuckle draggers who spout off when the defense gives up the game late, I'm not hearing much "what a great comeback from AGod" today.

Garbage.

manfestival

I took a nice relaxing dump knowing the bucs won yesterday. Man it feels so good right now. Considering the heart attack it was at the end of the game. Gonna be a long sunday though... falcons should be tough but I feel that we shall overcome the dirty birds

Also the wii u is so overrated. Add more gimmicks to a current gen console and voila.

MechDX

For all the "Aaron Rodgers never wins in the clutch!!!!!!" knuckle draggers who spout off when the defense gives up the game late, I'm not hearing much "what a great comeback from AGod" today.

Garbage.

Best QB in the league. Hands down.

Right up there with Henne

Garbage.
Rodgers' "clutchness" was never in doubt, in my opinion, based purely on all of the Favre garbage he had to deal with early in his career. He has definitely proven that he can step up when it matters.

Dragon

Banned
Why would anyone care about the size of a patch? I have no idea how big it was but the system is fantastic and that is all that matters to me.

Because the WiiU has a limited storage capacity in its basic sku? Size matters. Even to the Wii U iggles fan!

Edit: FU McDaniels, I can't believe you beat me to that horribad joke!

LevelNth

Banned
Was meaning to say this earlier too, but the last few weeks and especially yesterday's game has convinced me that Randall Cobb is the new #1 GB receiver, and IMO has locked up the Pack not re-signing Jennings in the off season.

He is this year's Victor Cruz.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'll take it, would be great if he's back for MNF.

They're saying 4-6 weeks. He'll almost certainly be out for the Texans and 49ers games, which is a shame cuz those'll be games where he'll be needed most. Hernandez needs to get back and be on top form ASAP.

Luckily Pats are pretty much a shoe-in to win the division so they just need to hold on til playoffs, which is when Gronk should be back.

They'll do alright without him, but hopes of a first-round bye just took a hit.

squicken

They're saying 4-6 weeks. He'll almost certainly be out for the Texans and 49ers games, which is a shame cuz those'll be games where he'll be needed most. Hernandez needs to get back and be on top form ASAP.

Luckily Pats are pretty much a shoe-in to win the division so they just need to hold on til playoffs, which is when Gronk should be back.

They'll do alright without him, but hopes of a first-round bye just took a hit.

You need him healthy for the playoffs. That's it. Home games don't matter anymore. Be healthy and have an elite QB. That's what you need.

eznark

Banned
Was meaning to say this earlier too, but the last few weeks and especially yesterday's game has convinced me that Randall Cobb is the new #1 GB receiver, and IMO has locked up the Pack not re-signing Jennings in the off season.

He is this year's Victor Cruz.

Jennings will probably be cheap now and they have totally different skill sets. Cobb has to be a slot-first guy, so the Packers will continue to need the Jody/Jennings type to offset him.

He's the #1 option for sure, but his presence doesn't preclude Jennings. It definitely does away with a lot of the value of Finley.

Top Bottom