• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

beast786

For all the "Aaron Rodgers never wins in the clutch!!!!!!" knuckle draggers who spout off when the defense gives up the game late, I'm not hearing much "what a great comeback from AGod" today.

Garbage.

easy boy, he beat a secondary that is the worst in the league. But, I know who insecure packers fans are. So here you go..

CONGRATS TO AARON TO BEAT A SECONDARY CONSIST OF PRACTICE SQUAD SAFETIES AND CB THAT WAS PICKED UP FROM WAIVER.

I hope Arron and packer fans now can feel good about him.

Godslay

Banned
If both the Patriots and Broncos make it in the playoffs they will cross paths again, and their D just doesn't match up well with the Pats as seen in the last 3 games against them. But Peyton can fucking shred the Patriots, so I don't know. I just hope the Patriots don't face a Manning or Pollard in the playoffs if they make it.

The defense the pats saw so long ago, is considerably different than what we have going now. At least in terms of personnel. When we played the pats it was still coming together. It doesn't change that we have been blown away the last three times but my guess is that it will be closer if we meet again.

LevelNth

Banned
They're saying 4-6 weeks. He'll almost certainly be out for the Texans and 49ers games, which is a shame cuz those'll be games where he'll be needed most. Hernandez needs to get back and be on top form ASAP.

Luckily Pats are pretty much a shoe-in to win the division so they just need to hold on til playoffs, which is when Gronk should be back.

They'll do alright without him, but hopes of a first-round bye just took a hit.
4-6 week timetable puts him on pace to possibly return for the Niners game. IMO Gronk is a faster healer/tougher player than the average, and it would suck for the Niners to have it happen, but I see him returning then as a situational pass catcher, no blocking til playoffs.

Jennings will probably be cheap now and they have totally different skill sets. Cobb has to be a slot-first guy, so the Packers will continue to need the Jody/Jennings type to offset him.

He's the #1 option for sure, but his presence doesn't preclude Jennings. It definitely does away with a lot of the value of Finley.
No doubt they play different spots, I just think it's less about the Packers now and more about the other teams that will definitely pay more for him than you guys. Jones and Nelson are just as good and provide more than enough of what is needed with Cobb as the go-to.

And Finley will always be there, just to anger you.

He had to be on pace to break all kinds of TE records this year, right?

He owns most season records already from last year I think.

NFL records
Youngest player with 3 touchdown receptions in a game: 21 years, 214 days (2010, vs. Pittsburgh Steelers)

Youngest player with 3 touchdown receptions in a game, playoffs: 22 years, 275 days (2011 playoffs, vs. Denver Broncos)

Most touchdown receptions by a tight end, season: 17 (2011)

Most touchdowns by a tight end, season: 18 (2011)

First tight end to lead the league in receiving touchdowns (2011)

Most receiving yards by a tight end, season: 1,327 (2011)

Most offensive touchdowns in first two seasons: 28 (Tied with Randy Moss)

First tight end with 10 touchdowns in 3 consecutive seasons

Alex smith not playing tonight? Lol we are going to get destroyed. Kap gonna serve up some easy turnovers for the bears. Alex isn't great but he won't turn the ball over. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

You know it's one thing to keep player injuries a secret but Smith was taking reps with the first team offense all week. That can't be good for Kap if he's going to start...

eznark

Banned
No doubt they play different spots, I just think it's less about the Packers now and more about the other teams that will definitely pay more for him than you guys. Jones and Nelson are just as good and provide more than enough of what is needed with Cobb as the go-to.

And Finley will always be there, just to anger you.

How dare you.

Yeah, I don't disagree. Greg Jennings feels a lot like Javon Walker (without the despicable nature obviously). I think he is a product of an amazing quarterback more than anything. He'll struggle unless he goes to a team with a great QB, and those aren't generally the teams that pay top dollar for a wide out.

Because of the way the WiiU partitions its data. If you had a basic unit (with only 8 gig of storage), 4 of the gigs are reserved for the OS. So if it had downloaded five gigs, where would it have stored it?
You think Nintendo would release an update that is to big for people to even download?

Was meaning to say this earlier too, but the last few weeks and especially yesterday's game has convinced me that Randall Cobb is the new #1 GB receiver, and IMO has locked up the Pack not re-signing Jennings in the off season.

He is this year's Victor Cruz.

Ugh. I disagree with you so much, and I'm Cobb's biggest fan. He's the wildcard. Try to turn him into a "#1" and he will disappear imo . McCarthy is doing a masterful job of designing ways to get him the ball.

Side note, really impressed with McCarthy's ability to modify his playbook around his players. The year Finley got injured for the year it bit him in the ass because he apparently built the ENTIRE O around him, which he claims he'll never do again for exactly that reason, but it's fun to see how our scheme changes. Never thought I'd see some of the things that he's designed for Cobb in our offense.

Shame is, if Finley was half the player he had the potential to be he'd be having a field day with the way teams have played us with two deep .

Edit: "disappear" is probably too strong because I think Cobb does have the skills to be successful there. But I think this is how he does his best work.

Dragon

Banned
You think Nintendo would release an update that is to big for people to even download?

I originally responded to cuevas dumb joke post about a 5 gb patch. I was just saying it's impossible unless they're installing while downloading, which doesn't seem to be the case the way the ui prompts go anyway. It seems to be more PS3-like on that front.

Because of the way the WiiU partitions its data. If you had a basic unit (with only 8 gig of storage), 4 of the gigs are reserved for the OS. So if it had downloaded five gigs, where would it have stored it?

4 of the gigs are not reserved for the OS. You have 7.2 gigs available from jump with the Basic.

4 of the gigs are not reserved for the OS. You have 7.2 gigs available from jump.

It really is impressive how small the partition is. I remember the launch 360's had 8 of the 20 gigs reserved. I cant wait to try out ZombieU. I played so much Mario and Nintendo Land yesterday I never even got to it. I hope they announce a 2D Zelda game soon. MarioU just looks stunning in HD, I would love to see what they could do with Zelda on the system.

Dragon

Banned
4 of the gigs are not reserved for the OS. You have 7.2 gigs available from jump with the Basic.

That's not consistent with what I've read on the Internet.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Wii-U-3GB-Storage,19109.html

Unfortunately, these figures don't account for the preloaded data that ships with the system. After formatting, the Basic Edition actually only has 7.2 GB of data available for use, with 4.2 GB used up by preloaded software, leaving only 3 GB available for downloadable games and save files. According to Ars Technica, 3 GB isn't enough for an install of NintendoLand, which is 3.2 GB.

Anyway we can continue to talk about this in PM if you want, I feel bad shitting up this thread since I'm sure it's just you and me that care.

It really is impressive how small the partition is. I remember the launch 360's had 8 of the 20 gigs reserved. I cant wait to try out ZombieU. I played so much Mario and Nintendo Land yesterday I never even got to it. I hope they announce a 2D Zelda game soon. MarioU just looks stunning in HD, I would love to see what they could do with Zelda on the system.

I came downstairs to play it for a bit before my daughter woke up. I just got control of my character when I hear "Good morning daddy!"

I'll play it tonight when she's sleeping :/

That's not consistent with what I've read on the Internet.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Wii-U-3GB-Storage,19109.html

Anyway we can continue to talk about this in PM if you want, I feel bad shitting up this thread since I'm sure it's just you and me that care.

Nah it's okay. I gotta go anyway. Though apparently the update is 1 gig, not 5.

Having an impulse buy for WiiU.....

Ugh.... Adult gaf help me.

You're a neurologist - go for it.

cajunator

Banned
Lol wii u defense force: "patch is not 5gb!!!"

Nothing else

Still dont understand all this console war bickering. The wii U is a neat toy.
The other systems will be neat toys. Pick a neat toy and have fun.

Having an impulse buy for WiiU.....

Ugh.... Adult gaf help me.

If you want one, and can afford it, buy one.
You can always get the other systems later. Or get those first and get a WiiU later. I would recommend waiting for them to sort out the bugs. thats what us early adopters are for. We are the guinea pigs.

beast786

Eagles Panthers is the MNF game next week. They need to find some way to flex that game. No one should have to watch that garbage.

I really cant recommend it enough. The controller feels great and adds a lot to games and playing Nintendo games in HD is amazing.

Be an adult....do what you want. Take that impulse and cultivate it into action!

Do it, you know you want to.

I'm advocating a boycott of Panthers' games until Ron Rivera is unemployed.

He's THAT bad.

Still dont understand all this console war bickering. The wii U is a neat toy.
The other systems will be neat toys. Pick a neat toy and have fun.

If you want one, and can afford it, buy one.
You can always get the other systems later. Or get those first and get a WiiU later. I would recommend waiting for them to sort out the bugs. thats what us early adopters are for. We are the guinea pigs.

Yeah... I am picking it up. Been a gamer, that aint changing..

Thanks to you NFL-GAF. ;)

I must say that the gamepad is really amazing. Throw "480P" Out of your mind - the screen is gorgeous. The convenience of playing on the gamepad cannot be described.

Also the tv remote control is godlike. You don't even need to turn the Wii U on to use it. This stuff is gonna get copied so hard.

I must say that the gamepad is really amazing. Throw "480P" Out of your mind - the screen is gorgeous. The convenience of playing on the gamepad cannot be described.

Also the tv remote control is godlike. You don't even need to turn the Wii U on to use it. This stuff is gonna get copied so hard.

Does it control cable boxes as well?

DMczaf

untitled-3648oxm.gif

Money well spent.

Not a troll or anything but does it get drained as fast as a tv remote? 3-5 hours from a tv remote is not something I want

harSon

Banned
Jesus, analysts sure don't look at the details of a win. Everything I've seen about yesterday's game between the Steelers and Ravens has been: "Ugly win, but sound defense pulls through!" or "Flacco didn't light it up, but with no turnovers, he played well enough to win!"

Did they even watch the game? You can't say the pendulum is swinging in their favor (in terms of the rivalry and their SB aspirations) when your you struggled to beat a team who was forced to use an injured Leftwich for half the game (this has been completely ignored), or when your QB looked like a complete scrub against a legitimate defense for the nth time.

A win is a win, I agree, but there's a difference between the win they had last night and a (positive) statement win.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Maybe someone noticed this already, but it seems like the Kansas City Chiefs actually killed a guy.

enhanced-buzz-28954-1353303184-5.jpg

Top Bottom