• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

Spinluck

Well, you were the one who thought the black guy was best equipped to dominate your Coaches Murder Bowl.

He has the Ray Lewis crazy eyes/death stare though.

And we all know what Ray's capable of.

EDIT: The Jets deserve to lose, they're fucking stupid.

Wonder if they're purposely starting a shitty QB to tank for some top tier defensive players....

Nahh, probably not, no point in having a D when your Offense is one of the worst in the league.

Mrbob

Rockstar makes great trailers.

Although I'll wait and see how GTA5 plays first. GTA4 sucked. However Red Dead was amazing, and the GTA 4 episodes were good too.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yea, I actually really liked the trailer, it looks far more interesting than GTAIV.

I'm gonna wait till I see more though, these type of games are starting to be uninteresting to me. But this GTA seems to be trying some new things.

See it's odd that I'm excited, these type of games are killer for me. Takes me a year or longer to pass them since I don't play games as much as I used to.

I still have on backlog: Skyrim, Bioshock 1 and 2, ME2 and 3, and Alan Wake.

I've only managed to pass Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 1 in the last year and a half-ish.

Spinluck

Rockstar makes great trailers.

However, I'll wait and see how GTA5 plays first. GTA4 sucked. However Red Dead was amazing, and the GTA 4 episodes were good too.

I agree, I loved Red Dead, one of my best experiences this gen.

I felt it was vastly superior to GTAIV.

Milchjon

See it's odd that I'm excited, these type of games are killer for me. Takes me a year or longer to pass them since I don't play games as much as I used to.

I still have on backlog: Skyrim, Bioshock 1 and 2, ME2 and 3, and Alan Wake.

I've only managed to pass Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 1 in the last year and a half-ish.

Play Alan Wake first. It only takes 7-10h IIRC and it's absolutely awesome. I finished it twice within like four days.

Although it helped that I'm a huge fan of the setting.

Did last year not happen??? Flacco can beat Pitt on the road. He played great in the AFC championship and the year before he was a houshmanzada drop and Ladarius Webb blown coverage away from winning against Pitt in the playoffs. You're way too hard on him. We are still one of the best teams in a shit AFC

I love your optimism.

Did last year not happen??? Flacco can beat Pitt on the road. He played great in the AFC championship and the year before he was a houshmanzada drop and Ladarius Webb blown coverage away from winning against Pitt in the playoffs. You're way too hard on him. We are still one of the best teams in a shit AFC

Haha, no.

jmdajr

It was such a chore for me to finish Bioshock. I don't know, just never felt like I was having fun.
Sort of felt the same about the first Mass Effect and never finished the game.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bioshock was fun. Only reason I haven't passed it is because my house got robbed a few years back and they took the game. I refuse to pay a lot of money for it since I owned it. I'm probably going to get it on PC so I can get it for pennies and start all over again.

My buddy said I was near whatever the big plot point was so yes I still don't know what has got everyone in a tizzy.

Spinluck

Typical Jets locker room shitting on Tebow.

Have they seen their starting QB? Dumb fucks.

I enjoyed what I played of Bioshock, still need to finish it though.

I was thinking I want to get my kid a NES and bring her up with that system, like I was. The game system is simple, and I know a 5 year old can play almost any game, because I did when I was 5. Plus, i think I can do a "launch" every 2 years with the subsequent system, and by the time she's like 12, she'll be up to current gen.

jmdajr

I was thinking I want to get my kid a NES and bring her up with that system, like I was. The game system is simple, and I know a 5 year old can play almost any game, because I did when I was 5. Plus, i think I can do a "launch" every 2 years with the subsequent system, and by the time she's like 12, she'll be up to current gen.

Yeah there are people that do that. Heard it in some game podcast.

Buy a Wii then.

Buy a Wii then.

I'm not a fan of any Nintendo systems past the N64, I'll bring her up on my path: NES, Sega, N64, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, with maybe some Dreamcast NFL2k and NBA2k1 in there at some point.

I'm molding an important being here, I must have a distinguished gaming palate.

I'm not a fan of any Nintendo systems past the N64, I'll bring her up on my path: NES, Sega, N64, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, with maybe some Dreamcast NFL2k and NBA2k1 in there at some point.

I'm molding an important being here, I must have a distinguished gaming palate.

I'm saying buy a Wii because you can get NES games on the Virtual Console.

The traditional route can get very expensive very quickly if you don't know where to look.

harSon

Banned

Personally, I'd just let her come up naturally with the times, albeit with an old school injection here and there. I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world if you did it, but forcing her into the generation of your childhood will effectively overwrite her own, taking away a level of common ground between herself and her peers. Her friends will be talking about the good times they had as children playing Skylanders, and her memories playing Battle Toads will fall on deaf ears.

I saw my little cousin playing Skylanders.

It looks like its super simple and a giant cash grab but it did look pretty fun for a kid to play.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My 11 year old nephew just cares about Xbox360.

Makes me sick that he's able to bust my ass in every game imaginable.

squicken

The injury that Ben is making sure the whole world knows "could have killed him" is the same one Amendola and the kid from UH had (and that guy almost did die). Figured it was when media went on about it being unusual.

Thing is it is an injury most associated with car crashes. Steering column going into the chest of a driver. Very violent sport

Personally, I'd just let her come up naturally with the times, albeit with an old school injection here and there. I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world if you did it, but forcing her into the generation of your childhood will effectively overwrite her own, taking away a level of common ground between herself and her peers. Her friends will be talking about the good times they had as children playing Skylanders, and her memories playing Battle Toads will fall on deaf ears.

What age do kids start playing games? It seems like the games are more complicated today, look at the controllers. I know a 5 year old can handle the two on NES.

I don't like motion controllers, I want video games to remain a sedentary activity, physical activity is done outside. Videogames don't count. Not that there is anything wrong with giving your kid a wii, just my opinion.

LevelNth

Banned
The injury that Ben is making sure the whole world knows "could have killed him" is the same one Amendola and the kid from UH had (and that guy almost did die). Figured it was when media went on about it being unusual.

Thing is it is an injury most associated with car crashes. Steering column going into the chest of a driver. Very violent sport
Completely incorrect.

Amendola suffered a collarbone dislocation at the sternoclavicular joint, which most frequently occurs outwards towards the shoulder. In rare occurrences, such as the inward compaction during a car accident, the collarbone can dislocate inwards, towards the heart.

Ben has suffered a dislocated rib (and simply sprained his SC joint), of which there have no reports to state how badly, nor which rib. For all we know, this is simply a run-of-the-mill rib dislocation, at the very common angle that is not in any way life threatening, that Ben is simply going overkill on as he always does.

In very infrequent cases, a dislocated rib can point towards the heart and aorta, risking a puncture. However in relation to an inward dislocated SC joint, the likelihood of that is massively less so.

I chalk to this up to Ben being Ben again.

beast786

God of War 2 wasn't even as good as the first. Harry Hamlin as Perseus was ace though.

Boooooooooooo to you

tumblr_m8voclRWUy1qdx16l.gif

xnipx

Haha, no.
So how did u guys win then? Was it not on a blown coverage on the game winning drive? It was like 3rd and 17 and he converted.
I love your optimism.
Are u watchig the same games I am?? The AFC has no dominant team right now so how are u so hard on the ravens?? The steelers lost to the freaking raiders and titans and nearly to the bengals. The pats barely beat the bills. Houston always chokes in the playoffs.

Why are u magnifying our shortcomings but failing to see how bad the rest of the teams we are competing with are as well?

The main thing is having a offensive coordinator that will mould the offense around Tebow. McCoy did it in a way, but he would go back and forth between option and traditional offensive styles. He was never fully in imo.

As far as Tebow's accuracy, it can improve and he has shown glimpses of being accurate. I think he can be accurate enough to get the job done.

As far as intangibles, no one can deny his passion and excitement on the field.

I think not giving Tebow a shot in NYJ is a mistake. Hell they rode the corpse of Sanchez this far, put Tebow in and let Sparano get creative. I'd be interested in the results, good or bad.

I would agree with letting Tebow play. I think he's been an exemplary teammate to this point and he's at least earned a shot to play out there. Rex at least owes him that.

At this point the season can't go any worse, Sanchez is known to be a terrible commodity, and Rex looks like he may be on his way out regardless of how this season ends. If I'm right and Tebow is ineffective, than the team doesn't really suffer that much from the experiment in the long run. But if I'm wrong and Tebow turns out to be an asset, you know you'll have something to build on in the future.

Narag

Texans always choking in the playoffs is such a strong opinion what with their long and storied playoff history.

What age do kids start playing games? It seems like the games are more complicated today, look at the controllers. I know a 5 year old can handle the two on NES.

I don't like motion controllers, I want video games to remain a sedentary activity, physical activity is done outside. Videogames don't count. Not that there is anything wrong with giving your kid a wii, just my opinion.

To be honest I'd be fine if my daughter never played video games. I don't like the idea of her sitting in front of the TV for extended periods no matter what the activity (watching TV/Movies, playing games).

If I didn't already have a Wii I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one for her. Not because she's a girl either.

Milchjon

Has "u" really replaced "you" for a lot of people? I usually don't care about people mangling a language, but seeing that one everywhere bugs me. There's no 140 character limit outside of texting/Twitter, don't forget about that...

Top Bottom