• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

squicken

Maybe Fisher could learn how to call time out when the play clock is running out.

Or not call one with 1:13 left and a defense that can't stop anyone, or teach his WR to line up correctly. Like I said, they blew the win three times. But that can be true while at the same time acknowledging officiating mistakes

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
GM has shit the bed for years with some questionable draft moves.

Vlad Ducasse anyone?

Still doesn't top Vernon Gholston.

And Rex should go too. He's a fucking joke. Knows absolutely nothing about offense and had simply refused to hold Sanchez accountable for his shit play since the beginning.

Trying to come up with a way to have plausible deniability Justin Smith's holds and stealing 12 seconds off the last drive.

I ain't mad. The Rams won the game three times and blew it with their own stupidity. But Fisher needs to learn to work the refs better

we can go back and forth on missed calls all you want. the rams got away with plenty. you will get crushed in STL and you know that

squicken

we can go back and forth on missed calls all you want. the rams got away with plenty. you will get crushed in STL and you know that

what we know is that you circled two wins on the calendar and now are seriously scared at the prospect of staying home while russ guides the chickens to the playoffs

what we know is that you circled two wins on the calendar and now are seriously scared at the prospect of staying home while russ guides the chickens to the playoffs

meh, i circled the packers/lions/giants as losses at the beginning of the year. circled the vikings/jets/bills/cards/rams as wins so we're above where i thought we'd be!

and we wont lose to the rams in st louis. you guys just played your superbowl, probably the best game you've played in 5 years, and the best you could muster is a tie

squicken

meh, i circled the packers/lions/giants as losses at the beginning of the year. circled the vikings/jets/bills/cards/rams as wins so we're above where i thought we'd be!

and we wont lose to the rams in st louis. you guys just played your superbowl, probably the best game you've played in 5 years, and the best you could muster is a tie

Very well may be. But you still are afraid you will miss the playoffs, and five days ago you were thinking about a playoff run. Kidding aside, I think we both know some warts got exposed. You guys are having trouble versus the run, and your CBs are having trouble covering good WRs. You thought the Giants and Chickens games were outliers, but it's clear that even bad teams like STL can expose those flaws

And we can troll the Rams too. Defense has 3 young first round picks on the DL, 2 young second round picks, 3 big money FA vets, and Colin Kapernick made them looks foolish. Lauranitis looks terrrrrrible and for some reason they gave him a contract extension

Very well may be. But you still are afraid you will miss the playoffs, and five days ago you were thinking about a playoff run. Kidding aside, I think we both know some warts got exposed. You guys are having trouble versus the run, and your CBs are having trouble covering good WRs. You thought the Giants and Chickens games were outliers, but it's clear that even bad teams like STL can expose those flaws

And we can troll the Rams too. Defense has 3 young first round picks on the DL, 2 young second round picks, 3 big money FA vets, and Colin Kapernick made them looks foolish. Lauranitis looks terrrrrrible and for some reason they gave him a contract extension

of course, i'm concerned at all points in the season. nothing is given. the seahawks have a cakewalk of a schedule and we have a very tough schedule so we're going to have to earn it but pardon me if i don't fear a QB who had 3 yards passing against us in the 2nd half of our last matchup. make any excuse about drops you want, it's pathetic. i realize he is a different qb at home though so we'll have to bring our A game

as for not being able to stop the run, we are still 7th in the league. not being able to stop the run and not being as good as last year are two different things. but i realize the 49ers D has a higher standard than the rams or other mediocre teams. if the rams were the #1 scoring D in the league and the #7 rush D in the league you'd be loving it. but because it's us, it is trouble and i dont disagree with that. it starts up front on our D-line. they aren't eating up blocks and the blockers are getting up on our LB's.

still, that was our worst defensive effort since 2010 and we still only allowed 3.5 YPC to jackson and really aside from a fluke play where culliver slips while trying to get a bump all the rams did was dink and dunk on us. we'll see if we're a playoff team in the next 3 or 4 weeks

Eat a dick Walmart I aint need none of yo shitty ass batteries.

Dats right u gimme $9 dollas i gonna spent it on yo daughter at da tittay bar

hellllls yeah

tumblr_l7wy3izMwE1qdoghio1_400.gif

squicken

:jnc at squicken trying to poison fmt's confidence.

SEA has most of their tough games out of the way. SF at home and at CHI are their two tough games left. 49ers have @SEA, CHI at home, @NO, @NE. It may take 11 wins to get the WC in the NFC. 49ers are not locks for the playoffs. They couldn't afford that tie

edit:

ari it was at the Rams game, and it makes lots of sense. Whenever someone says "there were lots of bad calls but it was even for both sides", then it almost certainly means it wasn't even

SEA has most of their tough games out of the way. SF at home and at CHI are their two tough games left. 49ers have @SEA, CHI at home, @NO, @NE. It may take 11 wins to get the WC in the NFC. 49ers are not locks for the playoffs. They couldn't afford that tie

edit:

ari it was at the Rams game, and it makes lots of sense. Whenever someone says "there were lots of bad calls but it was even for both sides", then it almost certainly means it wasn't even

lol go ahead and name the "bad calls" against the rams. and for every justin smith "hold", i can pull up 5 times where the rams offensive line got away with holds

ari

Banned

lol, anywho, If you look at the play by play and penalties, The rams got a obscene amount of penalty yardage and some of which could've easily been over looked.

It was like the refs went full blown Carl Rove mode and just couldn't believe the rams was dominating.

EDIT: That call in overtime was the shittiest call i have ever seen this season. ( i don't acknowledge that seabitches/packers game.) Such bullshit.

I don't remember refs passing and running through that D and scoring 14 points off the bat. Anywho, if you look at the play by play and penalties, The rams got a obscene amount of penalty yardage and some of which could've easily been over looked.

It was like the refs went full blown Carl Rove mode and just couldn't believe the rams was dominating.

EDIT: That call in overtime was the shittiest call i have ever seen this season. ( i don't acknowledge that seabitches/packers game.) Such bullshit.

are you retarded? you do realize that even rams fans acknowledge that this was an actual penalty. or were you talking about some other penalty?

the truth is the rams weren't hurt by any undeserved penalties and any rams fan who tells you that is full of shit. there were missed calls on both sides, none of which contributed to the game being a tie

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Tebow was frustrated and saddened by his teammates comments? Well then, fuck you Jest. I hope you don't win another game until that franchise is dumped into the sea where it belongs. Making Timmy sad is a mortal sin!

ari

Banned
are you retarded? you do realize that even rams fans acknowledge that this was an actual penalty. or were you talking about some other penalty?

the truth is the rams weren't hurt by any undeserved penalties and any rams fan who tells you that is full of shit. there were missed calls on both sides, none of which contributed to the game being a tie

honestly, i don't even remember an important call that went against the niners.

EDIT: rams had 13 penalties and niners had 7....two being a costly 4th down that moved stl out of field goal range.....twice, in the fourth and overtime.

deserving or not, the refs had that San Francisco treat Sunday.

1. 49ers got called for a bullshit "unsportsmanlike conduct" that put the rams into scoring position early
2. No call on an obvious face mask against kaepernick in overtime
3. plenty of blatant holds by the rams offense but unlike squick i'm not going to really harp on non-oline holding calls because everyone does it and everyone gets away with it

but you remember an undeserved call that went against the rams? let me know which one(s)

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You know I personally wish he'd look directly into that camera and tell Rex to go fuck himself.

It'll never happen though.

We'll all await Tebow's memoirs. Those are going to be awesome.

And happy.

And he won't say a bad word about anyone.

:(

EDIT: The end of the half of this Ohio/Ball St game is amazing. The refs are making 1 second last FOREVER! It's been 10 minutes already.

ari

Banned
if the vikings split games with the bears and packers those motherfuckers can be 10-6 or more if they sweep their out-of-division games.

This must not happen.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
At least Shonn Greene has Tebow's back.

"Something's got to change," Jets running back Shonn Greene told Yahoo! Sports. "When you get to the point where you're 3-6, and losing and losing, a couple of guys are like, 'Oh, what would happen [if Tebow played]?' But guys at the same time have faith in Mark, so it's kind of an up-and-down thing.

"You feel bad for Mark, but at the same time you want to win games. We're not here to protect people's feelings. If you want to win games, you've got to try something. If somebody's not getting the job done, you see if somebody else can do it. It's the same with coaching, or any position. You don't mean to belittle someone or say 'he sucks.' That's just the harsh reality."

"He does," Greene confirmed. "I'm not gonna lie. His mechanics, his throwing … not looking like a normal NFL quarterback. But you know what? He's a football player. He makes stuff happen."

EDIT: rams had 13 penalties and niners had 7....two being a costly 4th down that moved stl out of field goal range.....twice, in the fourth and overtime.

deserving or not, the refs had that San Francisco treat Sunday.

lol the two penalties you talk about came on 1st down and 4th down. the first was a pretty obvious penalty. do you see on basically every play where the WR steps up to the line and points to the sideline? yeah, the rams WR didn't do that. the rams didn't have enough guys on the line of scrimmage. this is called 100% of the time. probably the easiest call in football too because the ref on the sideline is literally just standing there watching and waiting.

the second was a delay of game. what do you expect to happen? the ref to say "oh the clock hit 0 but don't worry about it rams you just keep on keepin' on!"

it sounds like you're upset the rams got called for correct penalties. the only person who should be upset are rams fans because those were two stupid penalties that shouldn't have happened. the rams had more penalties than the 49ers because they committed more penalties

bionic77

See you bitches next week.

Steelers Age please think of me after Sandwich outplays Flacco and the Ravens somehow blow the game.

squicken

Hopefully the Rams didn't blow their wad against the niners because I want them beat the jets.

My concerns

1. Jets always rally when press killing them. Us against the world etc. Plus, it's actually better for them to be on the road so home fans booing doesn't deflate them

2. Sanchez's biggest flaw is throwing outside the numbers, but he's decent in the middle of the field. The middle of the Rams defense is awful. Both run and pass

3. The Chiefs said after the PITT game they knew the Steelers plays b/c of experience with Haley as HC. I worry about that with Schotty and Rex

But no excuses. The Rams need to win that game. The Jets are a bad team on the road and the Rams need to start winning games like this if they are going to make strides towards respectability

My concerns

1. Jets always rally when press killing them. Us against the world etc. Plus, it's actually better for them to be on the road so home fans booing doesn't deflate them

2. Sanchez's biggest flaw is throwing outside the numbers, but he's decent in the middle of the field. The middle of the Rams defense is awful. Both run and pass

3. The Chiefs said after the PITT game they knew the Steelers plays b/c of experience with Haley as HC. I worry about that with Schotty and Rex

But no excuses. The Rams need to win that game. The Jets are a bad team on the road and the Rams need to start winning games like this if they are going to make strides towards respectability
Dude. It's Sanchez. If the Rams lose, it's because they played their worst non-Pats game of the season.

NomarTyme

Isn't Sanchez still playing?

Jets are going to find a way to lose that game too.

Checkdown Jack > Sanchize

Yes, but I'm worried about tebow.
My concerns

Also I'm kind of worry about Jets giving Tebow more plays because Kapernick destroyed the Rams with his running attack I have a feeling that Schotty/Rex are going to use that against the Rams too.

Top Bottom