• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

squicken

you're complaining about 5 seconds? lulz. the rams were slow as fuck to get up to the line and there were tons of guys who went deep and were lolly gaggin back to the line. the refs stole 1:10 from us in the first half!

That is the play where the refs ruled Pead had fumbled, then mis-spotted the ball after ruling it wasn't a fumble, then re-spotted it after the rams lined up, w/o ever stopping the clock. It cost the Rams 10 seconds. The lolly-gagging was on the Justin Smith hold where Aldon Smith sacked Bradford

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Did anyone listen to Francesser today?

He had some callers come on and say that the Rams have more talent than the Jets and that it's why they look better.

Lost it laughing. Some people will make themselves believe anything.

Tamanon

Banned

He had some callers come on and say that the Rams have more talent than the Jets and that it's why they look better.

Rams do have more talent on offense it seems.

MechDX

Out of the ashes grow the roses of success.

RexConfused.gif

beast786

With the players right now. the talent is equivalent.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rams do have more talent on offense it seems.

No!

Would you take Hunter, Richardson, Smith, Dahl, and Turner (Wells if we're just counting guys who would start) over Moore, Ferguson, Mangold, Slauson, and Howard?

Would you take Amendola or Holmes (Again if all healthy)? Kerley or Gibson? Kendricks or Keller?

The only spot the Rams win on O is SJax versus Shonn Green. I'd take Sanchez over Bradford any day.

That is the play where the refs ruled Pead had fumbled, then mis-spotted the ball after ruling it wasn't a fumble, then re-spotted it after the rams lined up, w/o ever stopping the clock. It cost the Rams 10 seconds. The lolly-gagging was on the Justin Smith hold where Aldon Smith sacked Bradford

awww did mean ol justin smif and awdon smif wun an illegal howding pway?! :*(

squicken

awww did mean ol justin smif and awdon smif wun an illegal howding pway?! :*(

they did :(

But like I said, that one doesn't bug me. Penalties are missed all the time. My issue is with game administration, in this case burning clock and not spotting the ball properly. I like SF and Harbs and Alex. I'd hate for you guys to miss the playoffs and the Chickens get in. But it seems like it might go that way

Alex said the concussion vs STL was much worse than the one vs DAL last year. Hopes to play but still not sure

squicken

You guys are nuts. Even with taking out the 2 of the best players on the team, the Jets still win.

I said on paper. The Rams have lots of money and draft picks on their defense but it seems poorly coached/scheme, or maybe overrated. Who are the Jets pass rushers?

Drakeon

they did :(

But like I said, that one doesn't bug me. Penalties are missed all the time. My issue is with game administration, in this case burning clock and not spotting the ball properly. I like SF and Harbs and Alex. I'd hate for you guys to miss the playoffs and the Chickens get in. But it seems like it might go that way

Alex said the concussion vs STL was much worse than the one vs DAL last year. Hopes to play but still not sure

Truth be told, I'm worried we'll struggle down the stretch too, because @NE and @Sea aren't going to be easy games (and if I'm honest, I think the patriots will be easier at home than the Seahawks). Not super worried about @NO because their defense is about the worst in the league. Just keep Brees off the field and it should be fairly winnable by just pounding the rock to our stable of RB's.

Speaking of... As a niner fan, I have no idea why we haven't used Jacobs at all this season. We haven't released him, so clearly we believe he still has some value... Is he still injured? I'm not saying we should give him more playing time than Hunter or much at all, but I have yet to see him get 1 hand off.

cajunator

Banned

Yes i mentioned that earlier.
It was hilarity.

RkOwnage

nervous about Sunday now, my brother and I play Madden 13 alot, and we random teams. I random selected Arizona and he got Atlanta, and I beat the holy hell out of him. I hope Arizona's current offense shows up, cuz now I'm worried I foreshadowed some scary shiz.

;_;

Ceebs

nervous about Sunday now, my brother and I play Madden 13 alot, and we random teams. I random selected Arizona and he got Atlanta, and I beat the holy hell out of him. I hope Arizona's current offense shows up, cuz now I'm worried I foreshadowed some scary shiz.

;_;

They will be fine if they stop wasting redzone plays on Turner up the middle. I really hope they do not bring him back next year.

Ceebs

I watch the games and see them call a play for Rodgers to the outside and it gains yards, then nothing for him for what seems like ages. It frustrates me to no end. That last drive this past weekend he had a big 18 yard or so gain before the Douglas catch that put them on the 2. Why not run him again instead of that shitty 3rd down Turner run? At least with him out there the defense is not keying up on the run in that situation.

RkOwnage

I watch the games and see them call a play for Rodgers to the outside and it gains yards, then nothing for him for what seems like ages. It frustrates me to no end. That last drive this past weekend he had a big 18 yard or so gain before the Douglas catch that put them on the 2. Why not run him again instead of that shitty 3rd down Turner run? At least with him out there the defense is not keying up on the run in that situation.

He gets more opportunities as the season has gone on, he will replace Turner I think pretty soon. I get frustrated because it looks like Turner has no drive to succeed this year, which is the thing holding us back. If our run game was more solid, we'd be in a better position offensively, but right now it's all on Matt Ryan to perform, so, hopefully Jacquizz gets more reps, and not just used as a 3rd down clutch player.

;_;

Lol i dont think anybody has been scared of our offense since Warner left. If we score more than 14 these days its a fucking miracle.

Sappy113

You guys are nuts. Even with taking out the 2 of the best players on the team, the Jets still win.

Difference is, every one knows the Rams have a talent deficiency. And it still looks like the Rams and Jets are moving in opposite directions. So what gives?

Fair enough you'd take Sanchez over Bradford. Sanchez has already reached his ceiling. Bradford is nowhere near it, but when he's bad, he's really bad. Game in SF says what he can do when he's got some actual protection and receiving help.

Be that as it may, both teams have their strengths on D. We'll see which D matches up better against the oppositions O on Sunday. Hope the Jets are prepared to run a lot and no go down, or I see Sanchez having a rough day against the Rams rush.

JCizzle

Truth be told, I'm worried we'll struggle down the stretch too, because @NE and @Sea aren't going to be easy games (and if I'm honest, I think the patriots will be easier at home than the Seahawks). Not super worried about @NO because their defense is about the worst in the league. Just keep Brees off the field and it should be fairly winnable by just pounding the rock to our stable of RB's.

Speaking of... As a niner fan, I have no idea why we haven't used Jacobs at all this season. We haven't released him, so clearly we believe he still has some value... Is he still injured? I'm not saying we should give him more playing time than Hunter or much at all, but I have yet to see him get 1 hand off.

He's simply depth and that's it. With Frank getting X-rays after every game, I think it's smart to keep him around.

As for our chances, we really need to find some consistency. I thought they came out soft against the Rams and Vikings, which simply can't happen due to how the team is structured. I think they've let the success from last year get to them a bit and have lost the edge to get amped for each game. Giving VD a chance to make a play would be a nice thought too - no other superstar gets such few touches.

Welli is nuts. I would take Bradford over Sanchez any fucking day. I would take the Rams RBs and WRs also. The Jets do have a better OL but it isnt a huge difference. The only position the Jets have a huge advantage was at CB with Revis in. Right now though the Rams definitely have the talent advantage. Fisher is also a much better coach then Rex.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Welli is nuts. I would take Bradford over Sanchez any fucking day. I would take the Rams RBs and WRs also. The Jets do have a better OL but it isnt a huge difference. The only position the Jets have a huge advantage was at CB with Revis in. Right now though the Rams definitely have the talent advantage. Fisher is also a much better coach then Rex.

OK if we're counting Revis then I'll assume we mean everyone healthy.

You'd take Amendola/Gibson/Givens over Holmes/Kerley/Hill? Kendricks over Keller?

I already said that SJax kills the entire Jets backfield combined, I'd even take D-Rich over Shonn Green.

I'd take the Rams DL, But the Jets back 7 stomps the Rams even without Revis. Harris is on par if not better than Laurinaitis.

The Jets are underachieving and all of a sudden Rex apologists claim he has no talent and it's an FO thing. Come on.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

On offense its not even a question. Rams have the better QB, the better HB, the better WRs, pretty much the better everything.

Jets defense is still slightly above average though.

JABEE

You'd take Amendola/Gibson/Givens over Holmes/Kerley/Hill? Kendricks over Keller?

I already said that SJax kills the entire Jets backfield combined, I'd even take D-Rich over Shonn Green.

I'd take the Rams DL, But the Jets back 7 stomps the Rams even without Revis. Harris is on par if not better than Laurinaitis.

The Jets are underachieving and all of a sudden Rex apologists claim he has no talent and it's an FO thing. Come on.
I thought he said that the Jets only have an advantage at CB with Revis in. If both teams were healthy the Jets would definitely have more talent. That's not the comparison that is being made.

I would absolutely take the Rams WRs. Holmes is terribly overrated, and the guys behind him are average at best. Danny is a big time WR and Gibson and Givens have both shown more then the other Jets WRs. The Jets have a better defense but it isnt that much better with out Revis. No one is being a Rex apologist, I even mentioned that Fisher is a much better coach. The Jets just dont have the talent they did when Rex first took over and he is definitely to blame for part of that. He has stuck with Sanchez when it has been clear for awhile now that he is a total bust.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
On offense its not even a question. Rams have the better QB, the better HB, the better WRs, pretty much the better everything.

Jets defense is still slightly above average though.
How's the OL? How could you skip mentioning five guys that are on the field on every play?

The D works them at damn near every position. I'd say 8 of 11.

You guys need to stop focusing on ESPN highlights as a barometer

I thought he said that the Jets only have an advantage at CB with Revis in. If both teams were healthy the Jets would definitely have more talent. That's not the comparison that is being made.
OK take out Revis then, is there much of a discrepancy between Finnegan and Cromartie? How about the Rams safeties versus the Jets safeties?

BigAT

How's the OL? How could you skip mentioning five guys that are on the field on every play?

The D works them at damn near every position. I'd say 8 of 11.

You guys need to stop focusing on ESPN highlights as a barometer

Which slot is OL on my fantasy team?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Which slot is OL on my fantasy team?

Dead on.

Amendola has been decent this year points wise. Chris Givens has had a few long plays, and Gibson is good in super deep leagues. The Jets are a wasteland for fantasy points.

Shit, you guys are right!

squicken

Dead on.

Amendola has been decent this year points wise. Chris Givens has had a few long plays, and Gibson is good in super deep leagues. The Jets are a wasteland for fantasy points.

Shit, you guys are right!

Amendola . . . I think he may be really good. I sort of thought of him as just a poor man's Welker but he's better than that (not better than Welker prime though). They've put him outside and he's got behind the defense several times. He's also the only guy Bradford trust to get open and so you see him make catches in tight spaces

People love Givens, and so do I, but he has like 13 catches. Gibson is shit no doubt. But just the presence of Amendola makes the Rams WRs better than the Jets. It's the first time the Rams have had an edge in the department since last year vs CLE

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jets are devoid of talent and their coach is shit. I'm not going to defend this pathetic roster because Tanny has been awful but Rex himself hasn't been much better. Refusing to hold Sanchez accountable for his bullshit at any point in his career is solely due to Rex.

I do think its fucking hilarious though that players who are starting and haven't done shit are going out of their way to criticize backup quarterbacks.

Top Bottom