• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

Arguing which teams has more talent between the Jets and Rams is kind of like arguing which burn victim is more attractive, but for Weli to act like people who favor the Rams roster are only FF players is a joke. The Rams have been picking at the top of the draft for years, they must have hit on some of those picks. The Jets had a really good team when Rex took over but time, terrible personal moves, and an insistance on sticking with one of the worst QBs in the league, has brought that team way down.

The Jets are the biggest joke. Giants fans must be laughing so hard at them.

Tebow should of never gone to that black hole. Rex has him stuck in Football purgatory, and is slowing destroying Tebow.

Talon

Arguing which teams has more talent between the Jets and Rams is kind of like arguing which burn victim is more attractive, but for Weli to act like people who favor the Rams roster are only FF players is a joke. The Rams have been picking at the top of the draft for years, they must have hit on some of those picks. The Jets had a really good team when Rex took over but time, terrible personal moves, and an insistance on sticking with one of the worst QBs in the league, has brought that team way down.
:jnc nope.

Tebow needs to go to Jacksonville. He can probably sell some tickets and also he would be the #1 QB

Where ever Reid goes Tebow should follow. I think Reid could help him with some of his mechanical issues and Reid would come up with some crazy plays to use him.

squicken

They really didn't. Jason Smith is one of the biggest busts in draft history. Chris Long is an overrated but good player. Bradford is Bradford. The RG3 pick got flipped for mostly future considerations. But it's going the right way now. The Rams offense is bad, and they only have 27 plays over 20 yards. But 12 of those are to rookies playing limited snaps, and 4 to Amendola.

I'm excited about the rest of the year. Wells gets back next week. They've never been this healthy (watch 5 guys get injured Sunday) in the past 3 years. I feel like there's enough in place to where we can really see what is and what isn't part of the solution. They don't have the talent to blow anyone out, but could maybe finish out at 4-3

They really didn't. Jason Smith is one of the biggest busts in draft history. Chris Long is an overrated but good player. Bradford is Bradford. The RG3 pick got flipped for mostly future considerations. But it's going the right way now. The Rams offense is bad, and they only have 27 plays over 20 yards. But 12 of those are to rookies playing limited snaps, and 4 to Amendola.

I'm excited about the rest of the year. Wells gets back next week. They've never been this healthy (watch 5 guys get injured Sunday) in the past 3 years. I feel like there's enough in place to where we can really see what is and what isn't part of the solution. They don't have the talent to blow anyone out, but could maybe finish out at 4-3

Those are top of the draft guys, but the Rams have been picking at the top of all the rounds for years. They must have goten players in rounds 4-7 at least. The whole point was Weli acting like the Jets have vastly more talent then the Rams which I dont see.

ari

Banned
I personally don't see how Tebow shouldn't play QB. The writing is on the wall for like 90 percent of that team anyhow. If he starts winning, he can single-handedly save Rex's job.

squicken

Those are top of the draft guys, but the Rams have been picking at the top of all the rounds for years. They must have goten players in rounds 4-7 at least. The whole point was Weli acting like the Jets have vastly more talent then the Rams which I dont see.

I think Welli's point is he doesn't like Rex and wants him to be the one who takes some heat.

As far as top of other rounds, not really. It's hard to quantify just how horribly incompetent Spags and Devaney were. None of their starting WRs were drafted by the Rams. Saffold the only OL, and he's been hurt most of the year. People can hate Bradford all they want but some of the circumstance has to be considered. The roster has been a tire fire, especially on offense

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Vastly? No. Are the Jets more talented? Yes.

First rounders from 2012 back to 2004:

Michael Brockers
Robert Quinn
Sam Bradford
Jason Smith
Chris Long
Adam Carriker
Tye Hill
Alex Barron
Steven Jackson

Four of those guys aren't even on the team any more.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think Welli's point is he doesn't like Rex and wants him to be the one who takes some heat.
Not really. I was just saying it was funny to hear people on WFAN calling in last night to say that the Rams were more talented. The humor is lost on others I guess. :(

As far as top of other rounds, not really. It's hard to quantify just how horribly incompetent Spags and Devaney were. None of their starting WRs were drafted by the Rams. Saffold the only OL, and he's been hurt most of the year. People can hate Bradford all they want but some of the circumstance has to be considered. The roster has been a tire fire, especially on offense

I agre totally that Rex should take heat. I think the loudmouth at wears thin on players. Ray Rhodes did the same thing when the Eagles hired him and it worked at first but players have even said they tuned him out during the 2nd and 3rd seasons. Rex also gets the blame for putting Sanchez out there no matter who is ultimately making that call. Rex gets heat but their GM just seems to totally skate and he is more to blame then anyone. Hell they still havent replaced Jones' production.

LevelNth

Banned
Stop it. Please god stop it. It's one damn player! Ok, yes, he was a bust, but just damn stop harping on this one guy, constantly over and over like it completely changed the foundation of the team and has affected them going forward since his draft.

Do you hear Niners fans constantly going on about Kentwan Balmer?!

And this debate is idiotic. Bradford, Long, Amendola and Laurenitis are better than any one player on the Jets.

Take away Revis, it might be the worst roster in the NFL.

Oh if there was any doubt about Vick playing this week, the team wont even give him a concussion test, and the league wont clear him without one. Seems like they really want Foles to start.

Chili

Whatever happened to Kentwan Balmer? He signed with the Redskins and then disappeared (literally - not just as a player) but he's still listed as 'Reserve/Not With Team' on the roster.

You guys are delisional. It doesn't matter where Tebow goes. He is a terrible QB. He completes less than half of his passes. Sanchez is getting raked over the coals this year (and rightfully so) because of how inaccurate he is and his completion % this year is still higher than Tebow's best numbers. He would be terrible anywhere. If he were as unlikable as Jay Cutler or Vince Young nobody would be lobbying for him to start. He's just bad. He is not good at playing quarterback.

RBH

X7qmi.png

7agQA.png

FTmzq.png

4lawc.png

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

MechDX

I dont want New orleans for my late game! Rather have Packers/Lions

Oh and CBS early games all suck. Should have Jags/Texans for early game nationwide and have a drinking contest. Everytime Gabbert gets sacked or Texans score we all take a shot.

squicken

Stop it. Please god stop it. It's one damn player! Ok, yes, he was a bust, but just damn stop harping on this one guy, constantly over and over like it completely changed the foundation of the team and has affected them going forward since his draft.

Do you hear Niners fans constantly going on about Kentwan Balmer?!.

I checked my post history to see if it was as bad as you say. 2 mentions in the past couple of days but nothing for at least 6 weeks doesn't seem like "constantly harping over and over". Feel free to look at how much I don't care for Chris Long

Also, the 29th overall pick vs a #2 overall? Busting on Smith the player wasn't the killer, it was his contract. Imagine trading your first round pick for a $10m/yr cap hit for 5 years. I'm not harping on Smith so much as the men who drafted and coached him. It's just much longer to type out "The opportunity costs associated with drafting Jason Smith's and the strain his contract put on the team".

jbug617

Banned
How did Boston end up with the Atlanta game, I rather watch the Packers game. I guess it's Red Zone for me for the early games

Buck/Aikman need to redeem themselves.
They were clearly a lucky charm in 2010, I'd like to see them revert to their ways.

I mean... err... the Packers suck.

I checked my post history to see if it was as bad as you say? 2 mentions in the past couple of days but nothing for at least 6 weeks doesn't seem like "constantly harping over and over". Feel free to look at how much I don't care for Chris Long

Also, the 29th overall pick vs a #2 overall? Busting on Smith the player wasn't the killer, it was his contract. Imagine trading your first round pick for a $10m/yr cap hit for 5 years.

If the Eagles get the #2 pick in the draft and that guy is a bust I will post non-stop about it. Wasting a high pick like that is a killer for a franchise.

I checked my post history to see if it was as bad as you say? 2 mentions in the past couple of days but nothing for at least 6 weeks doesn't seem like "constantly harping over and over". Feel free to look at how much I don't care for Chris Long

Also, the 29th overall pick vs a #2 overall? Busting on Smith the player wasn't the killer, it was his contract. Imagine trading your first round pick for a $10m/yr cap hit for 5 years.

You're ruining this thread! Don't you see that?!

krzy123

Whatever happened to Kentwan Balmer? He signed with the Redskins and then disappeared (literally - not just as a player) but he's still listed as 'Reserve/Not With Team' on the roster.

basically, he just stopped showing up to training camp practices, and nobody cared.

LevelNth

Banned
I checked my post history to see if it was as bad as you say. 2 mentions in the past couple of days but nothing for at least 6 weeks doesn't seem like "constantly harping over and over". Feel free to look at how much I don't care for Chris Long

Also, the 29th overall pick vs a #2 overall? Busting on Smith the player wasn't the killer, it was his contract. Imagine trading your first round pick for a $10m/yr cap hit for 5 years. I'm not harping on Smith so much as the men who drafted and coached him. It's just much longer to type out "The opportunity costs associated with drafting Jason Smith's and the strain his contract put on the team".
Well, some people might say it's better to bust on an OL than on a QB, so there's that. And Anthony Davis and Alex Smith are both good examples of 'busts' that eventually became decent enough, and Davis is actually turning into a beast this year.

Never stop holding out hope!

squicken

Well, some people might say it's better to bust on an OL than on a QB, so there's that. And Anthony Davis and Alex Smith are both good examples of 'busts' that eventually became decent enough, and Davis is actually turning into a beast this year.

Never stop holding out hope!

I really like the 49ers roster and love Harbs. I think that Alex is better than last year but the defense is just a little worse. SJAX didn't kill you guys but kept down and distance manageable. Matt Bowen did a film review on the wham plays the Rams kept running. Something seems wrong with your NT. Noticed all game he just didn't looks the same

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/What-is-a-Wham-block.html

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Does your cable company not have RZC? Whatever the cost it is worth it

Didn't bother with getting television outside of rabbit ears since we're mostly an internet/netflix household and I wasn't going to be home enough to justify the PS3 deal (which came with redzone).

We'll probably go all out again next season. I had the PS3 deal last season and it was great.

LevelNth

Banned
I really like the 49ers roster and love Harbs. I think that Alex is better than last year but the defense is just a little worse. SJAX didn't kill you guys but kept down and distance manageable. Matt Bowen did a film review on the wham plays the Rams kept running. Something seems wrong with your NT. Noticed all game he just didn't looks the same

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/What-is-a-Wham-block.html
Oh no doubt, Soaps is the weak link in the D this year. He's old and in his final year, so I fully expect us to draft an NT high. Plus lets be honest, replicating our run D from last year was unrealistic, it was record setting. Teams have had time to gameplan our line and LB's much better, and even still we're third best RY/A.

Top Bottom