• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

I'm not sure yet, something feels off. The maps are way too small, campers are everywhere since you can barely shoot through walls anymore and the spawn points are weird (I hope they change them with an update or something). I will give it another go, but it's really shitty. I really liked the last 2 games from Treyarch, but the MP feels more like a Modern Warfare game this time around.

I would wait I you want it, 60 bucks is a lot for an 6/7 hour singleplayer.
That part really scares me since I was also a big fan of the previous two Treyarch games but I hated MW2. I might pick it up someday for $20 and to give the campaign a run through but it sounds like it's not worth getting for the MP.

Chud on whether or not Cam has the ability to check out of plays at the line:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...-was-a-big-issue-breaking.html##storylink=cpy

APjuY.gif

jags.gif

That part really scares me since I was also a big fan of the previous two Treyarch games but I hated MW2. I might pick it up someday for $20 and to give the campaign a run through but it sounds like it's not worth getting for the MP.

I hated MW2 as well, same with MW3. Black Ops might have had the best MP, so I was looking forward to this one. Really disappointing.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Still standing by that Rex shouldn't be fired. Guy has a winning record and took a Sanchez led team to two straight AFC title games.

Also, look at the schedule they've played this year. Losses to San Fran, New England (in OT), Pittsburgh, Miami (they always split with Miami), Houston (close) and Seattle on the road.

All these games were without Revis. Most were without Santonio. The atmosphere in the locker room is shitty, but I don't think firing Rex is gonna change that. They have some rebuilding to do, but Rex has proven he can win, even with a mediocre team.

Give him 2013 to try and get it together.

NFL.com has a top pass rushers power ranking for anyone interested in that sort of thing:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000095309/article/pass-rusher-power-rankings-von-miller-on-top

Top Shelf: Von Miller, Cameron Wake, J.J. Watt, DeMarcus Ware, Clay Matthews, and Jason Pierre-Paul

Next level: Jared Allen, Aldon Smith, Julius Peppers, Geno Atkins, Charles Johnson, and Chris Long

Getting it done: John Abraham, Robert Mathis, Elvis Dumervil, Justin Houston, Chandler Jones, Tamba Hali, and Daryl Washington

Should improve: LaMarr Woodley, Mario Williams, Cliff Avril, Trent Cole, Ndamukong Suh, Ryan Kerrigan, and Dwight Freeney

Deserves more attention: Carlos Dunlap, Ahmad Brooks, Chris Clemons, Bruce Irvin, Calais Campbell, and Michael Johnson

Better than you think: Kamerion Wimbley, Michael Bennett, Greg Hardy, Derrick Morgan, Brian Robison, Kyle Williams

Not the greatest years
: Haloti Ngata, Osi Umenyiora, Connor Barwin, and Brooks Reed

TheFatOne

NFL.com has a top pass rushers power ranking for anyone interested in that sort of thing:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000095309/article/pass-rusher-power-rankings-von-miller-on-top

Chandler Jones has been awesome so far. I still can't believe the Pats finally managed to draft a stud DE. I'm not sure if he can be elite, but so far he has surpassed my wildest expectations. Good against the run, and he can get after the QB. His only problem right now is just the lack of moves, and counter moves. He does have a sick inside out move though.

Edit: Jones has a very good shot at defensive rookie of the year if he finishes the second half strong.

Milchjon

Chandler Jones has been awesome so far. I still can't believe the Pats finally managed to draft a stud DE. I'm not sure if he can be elite, but so far he has surpassed my wildest expectations. Good against the run, and he can get after the QB. His only problem right now is just the lack of moves, and counter moves. He does have a sick inside out move though.

Edit: Jones has a very good shot at defensive rookie of the year if he finishes the second half strong.

I remember everyone thinking he was still too rough and might not even start this year. Hapy with how that turned out.

TheFatOne

I remember everyone thinking he was still too rough and might not even start this year. Hapy with how that turned out.
I thought the same exact thing. I thought he might produce in the second half of this season, but realistically next year he would have more of an impact. I'm so glad I was wrong.

I wish Mark Anderson wouldve stayed to help take some pressure off of Jones.

That would have been nice. I have to give Ninkovich some props though. After being horrific earlier in the year he has stepped up. He still sucks, but he doesn't suck as much.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Speaking of which, what do you guys think the over/under is for how many times we will see a post featuring the word "lolphins" tonight?

My guess is none because no one will be watching the game.

:(

We are creatures of habit, we'll be here.

Besides at least for these terrible games I come here to gain some sort of entertainment out of the game by reading the hilarious comments.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jim Harbro's heart exploded. Season am over, 49ers.

Coach Harbaugh is not at the facility today under doctor’s orders. He is having a minor procedure done at Stanford Hospital today for an irregular heartbeat. We anticipate that he will be back at the facility tomorrow, but do not have any further information to share at this time. Assistant head coach and special teams coordinator Brad Seely will be overseeing today’s practice and meetings. When more information regarding coach Harbaugh is available we will pass that along.

There is no truth to the rumors that his heart exploded while running from a crazed fan yelling about free "handies" and "dump festivals".

We are creatures of habit, we'll be here.

Besides at least for these terrible games I come here to gain some sort of entertainment out of the game by reading the hilarious comments.
Indeed, this thread is a lot of fun during the crap games. It's not quite as fun when your team is on the receiving end of most of it but at least it will strengthen my application for membership in your shame circle.

Von has been great. I think he is giving Watt a run for his money for DPOY.

Dumervil has also been very good in spots. Doom is paid more, so we should expect more out of him, but I've been happy with his performance thus far.
Dumervil's 5 forced fumbles is super impressive. He's a cool dude. I mean, for one thing, is there anyone in the league with a name cooler than Elvis Dumervil?

The Walking Dead actually got nominated for like 7 awards in the spike GMA's (lol).

I'm pleasantly surprised.

The last episode is out this Tuesday. It costs like 20 bucks for all five eps. You guys should try it out.

It has the BannedEpisode seal of approval.

Talon

Still surprises me that Michael Johnson has by far outplayed Brandon Graham.

John Abraham is the one good FA signing from the Rich McKay era.

eznark

Banned
The Walking Dead actually got nominated for like 7 awards in the spike GMA's (lol).

The last episode is out this Tuesday. It costs like 20 bucks for all five eps. You guys should try it out.

Sucks

Do I need to watch the show to play the game?

tmdorsey

Still surprises me that Michael Johnson has by far outplayed Brandon Graham.

John Abraham is the one good FA signing from the Rich McKay era.

And that was a no brainer at the time.

I'm curious to see who gets more play time on the D-Line this weekend.

Ultratech

Watch the cowboys comeback and win that division. Lol giants.

Surprisingly...it might be possible.

Right now, Philly and Washington are 3-6.

Giants haven't been doing too well lately, losing their last two games, and barely winning the two before that.

Not getting my hopes up though.

Mr_eX

I have a question for people that play fantasy football.

I have this trade pending: Cutler and Brandon Myers for Dalton and Ed Dickson. It seems like a pretty even trade to me. I added up the total points each player has made and the guys I'm giving up have made 1 point more than the players I'm getting.

The person I'm playing this week is saying it's an unfair trade and should be vetoed.

So my question is what do you guys think, is it a fair trade?

DeaconKnowledge said:
Do I need to watch the show to play the game?
Nope. Completely self-contained story. No prior knowledge of the books or show needed.

ari said:
Watch the cowboys comeback and win that division. Lol giants.
Could happen. Their schedule is far more favorable and the Giants missed an opportunity to push ahead and make the division non-competitive if they had won against Pitt and the Bengals. The Giants would have to go 4-2 in their next 6 to win the division, IMO:

Green Bay
@Washintgon
New Orleans
@Atlanta
@Baltimore
Philadelphia

Dallas' schedule by comparison:

Cleveland
Washington
Philadelphia
@Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
New Orleans
@Washington

Milchjon

I don't know what that means...

I don't watch football so I'm playing fantasy football pretty much by numbers only.

Hahaha

Also, which is your side of the trade? Cutler is pretty fucked up right now, if someone else is trying to load him off, he's screwing you over.

If you're the one trading him away, congrats.

Mr_eX

Hahaha

Also, which is your side of the trade? Cutler is pretty fucked up right now, if someone else is trying to load him off, he's screwing you over.

If you're the one trading him away, congrats.

I'm trading him away and the guy I'm trading him to has Cam Newton anyway. Basically the trade gives him a worse back up QB but a better back up TE and gives me a better back up QB(Eli Manning is my primary).

MechDX

All right NFL GAF Im gonna fry Turkey this year for Thanksgiving. I havent done this in years but they are soooooo damn good.

Anyone else do this? Have tips?

Top Bottom