• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 11 |OT| Turn Your Head and Cough

JABEE

Man I am so jealous. I cant wait to get Most Wanted. I would have already but I was in a really bad car accident last week and my car was totaled. Hopefully insurance hooks me up and I can find a new car cheap.

Damn. I hope you're doing okay, fellow Eagles fan.

JABEE

I hope Cutler is okay. Chris Pronger of the Flyers career is probably over because he played with a concussion and got hurt again. Brain injuries can mess up the rest of your life.

cajunator

Banned
Well there are several prototype helmets being developed with things like air cushion padding, moveable panels that absorb movement, and enlarged cranial area coverage. Theres a lot going on that obviously recognizes the problem. just because its part of the sport doesnt mean it cannot be made safer. the NFL at this point has no choice but to pursue the safest helmet possible at whatever cost or else this will continue to be a problem that only gets worse.

eznark

Banned
Well there are several prototype helmets being developed with things like air cushion padding, moveable panels that absorb movement, and enlarged cranial area coverage. Theres a lot going on that obviously recognizes the problem. just because its part of the sport doesnt mean it cannot be made safer. the NFL at this point has no choice but to pursue the safest helmet possible at whatever cost or else this will continue to be a problem that only gets worse.

Outlaw helmets.

bionic77

Outlaw helmets.
Or at least go back to the soft ones they used back when the Packers and Eagles were both winning high school championships.

If the helmut was soft it would provide some minimal protection and at the same time would prevent the players from using it as a weapon.

Apparently Chiefs were saying after the game that they recognized the plays and were calling them pre snap. I thought it was just me but they were all over the offense last night.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Or at least go back to the soft ones they used back when the Packers and Eagles were both winning high school championships.

If the helmut was soft it would provide some minimal protection and at the same time would prevent the players from using it as a weapon.

My father in law keeps saying to just get rid of the helmets. Defensive players would quit using their heads as a weapon. It really shouldn't be shocking that since these players are under a huge amount of pressure to perform, that they're going to use everything you give them to their advantage.

MechDX

This one looks and sounds really cool:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/110113_bulwark_football_helmets

5327605551_07a14bf4de.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah under the current system, the helmets have to look "cool" to the players as well. Ironically, the NFL can't "force" players to wear safer helmets.

Damn. I hope you're doing okay, fellow Eagles fan.

Id be doing a lot better if the lockout would end, or if the Eagles hadnt lost their whole OL, or if the Phils would make some moves. Man it has been a bad year to be a Philadelphia sports fan, but I am doing fine otherwise.

squicken

Saw on Twitter that some soccer girl was involved with Jerramy Stevens and an arrest, and someone brought up the book Scoreboard, Baby: A Story of College Football, Crime, and Complicity

Expanding upon a groundbreaking series they wrote for the Seattle Times in January 2008, reporters Armstrong and Perry tell a riveting but sordid tale of the University of Washington’s 2000 football squad, which included at least 24 players arrested or charged with crimes during their years at the university, crimes for which they did little or no time. Complicit were university officials, team coaches, local police and prosecutors, members of the media, even victims, all in the name of sustaining a winning program. Some of the crimes were egregious: a tight end under investigation for suspicion of rape; a safety who, according to police, broke his wife’s nose and arm; and a linebacker under investigation for robbing and shooting a drug dealer. While the focus is specifically on the University of Washington program, this story carries importance and relevance to fans far beyond Seattle. Investigative journalism at its most revealing.

I had no idea that it had gotten that bad up in Seattle around that team. Nueheisel was such a scumbag, though I didn't know it was to that degree. I just remember the office pool and other sanctions

squicken

I remember Stevens as a total scumbag, but had no idea how systemic it was up there. It's funny b/c those teams weren't really that great as far as I remember

JABEE

Id be doing a lot better if the lockout would end, or if the Eagles hadnt lost their whole OL, or if the Phils would make some moves. Man it has been a bad year to be a Philadelphia sports fan, but I am doing fine otherwise.
That's good. I still haven't recovered from losing Shea Weber. One day. One day.

jakncoke

Banned
Roethlisberger injury really got the Browns nation dick hard. Do they not realize they are still fucking losers and even Sandwich will beat them if he plays?

cajunator

Banned
i heard Louisiana wants to secede because OBAMA

maybe you should GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN

No, because Louisiana has fucking amazing food, great places to fish/hunt, really fun people, great music, music festivals, and access to other world culture. Its not too bad here actually. Cant really complain much.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I might stay for a lil bit this one local place that has welder pays fat loot and has mega yearly bonus checks.

Tons of welding jobs available in the Houston area. Everyone else is coming here so you might as well too.

No, because Louisiana has fucking amazing food, great places to fish/hunt, really fun people, great music, music festivals, and access to other world culture. Its not too bad here actually. Cant really complain much.

All of those things sound incredibly unique.
I'm rather impressed.
If I want to move there is there like a waiting period or anything?

Draxal said:
Here is his most memorable moment as a a Giant.
:jnc Bradshaw is like "Get the fuck away from me dude"

Seriously though, Mitch looked pretty solid when he had to start a few times last season. Don't know what happened to him during training camp or the preseason but he looked dreadful.:(

Top Bottom