• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

Smokey

JJ Watt

3 Sacks
4 TFL
2 Passes Defensed

What the hell has happened to Barwin and Reed? And I didn't have audio where I was when Watt was getting into it on the sidelines with a coach. What happened?

Got into it about the play being called. Watt missed a gap and the RB ran in for a TD. Reading his mouth, looked like he said "I know the fucking play" etc etc. Post game interview he said the coach was right.

Godslay

Banned
JJ Watt

3 Sacks
4 TFL
2 Passes Defensed

What the hell has happened to Barwin and Reed? And I didn't have audio where I was when Watt was getting into it on the sidelines with a coach. What happened?

He and Von are going to be close in dpoy.. Edge to Watt due to his position. Beautiful to watch really.

As far as Dragon I used to hate him, but I actually thought some his antagonist ways were pretty funny. RIP.

squicken

Barwin and Reed have completely dissappeared. Reed pulled a hammy today as well but neither are getting pressure at all. I saw the altercation with Watt and the d line coach but I have no clue what happened. It was right after that rushing TD by the Lions though.

Saw Reed injure his groin but was wandering what the hell happened on that TD. It seemed like they had Quinn trying to fill and take on an offensive lineman. I wonder if Watt was supposed to tie him up and not let him get ot the next level. My cousin said that Watt had to be separated from a defensive player and the coach was calming him down. Didn't seem like that was what happened

edit: thanks smokey

dragon banned? perm'd? dude was a pretty good troll but had good moments too

Godslay

Banned
Yeah, I remember the game vs the Chiefs where he had 2 completions. No one is more of a game manager than Tebow!

One of those passes won the game irc. Minimize turnovers and passing yards, maximize rushing yards and FG. Rely on your defense. It's the Tebow way.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
JJ Watt

3 Sacks
4 TFL
2 Passes Defensed

I honestly have no clue what is up with those two and it's frustrating as hell since they were so good last year. You would think with Watt being doubled someone else could get some pressure or a sack here and there. Now Reed is hurt and who knows how long he will be out :\ Mercy time!

Texans gave up a big running play right up the middle for a td, Watt was doubled and knew the play or some shit and I'm not sure which coach starting giving him a hard time for some reason even though it wasn't his fault ( I guess since he's the captain our there now) I honestly still don't know what happened, but that's what it looked like at the time. I can't find anything about it and they really didn't talk about it during the broadcast other than panning to Watt yelling back.

edit- damn you Mech/Smokey, posted all this for nothing lol

and Smokey knew what happened, thanks lol

Rex keeps defending Sanchez, till the death.

Wrestling_Fans_display_image.jpg

^Jets fans

squicken

haha that's what get for giving the loser a extension.

it was stupid. they were in cap hell and just put off the pain by extending him. now they either pay a huge price and cut him or live with a symbol of the previous regime's failures and play him next year

Link

The Autumn Wind
it was stupid. they were in cap hell and just put off the pain by extending him. now they either pay a huge price and cut him or live with a symbol of the previous regime's failures and play him next year
Just noticed this in the link I posted:

4) If Sanchez turns around his play over the next two seasons, the Jets will have an extremely favorable deal for a very good starting quarterback in this league (12.5M/year for three years with the freedom to cut him at any point without worrying about any fully guaranteed salaries).
Can you elaborate on this? I wish I understood contracts better.

EDIT - They mean just the last two years, right?

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
My favorite post game press conference was Sanchez

"Sanchez: Well I was just trying to slide down and I hit Moore and it was just an unlucky play.

Reporter: What was unlucky about that play?

Sanchez: uh......"

MechDX

I missed Suh's nut shot, still such a classy guy. Maybe the free Texan TD was an act of the football gods.

Karma can be a bitch. Suh also had another play where Schaub had already released the ball and while falling to the ground Suh grabs his shoulder pads and slams him down with him. Never realized exactly how dirty he was (I know about last years Thanksgiving game) but I dont see him much weekly. I was having flashbacks today of Haynesworth when he played for the Titans. he always played that dirty style.

he is a dirty sonofabitch and needs a 1 year suspension.

eznark

Banned
Karma can be a bitch. Suh also had another play where Schaub had already released the ball and while falling to the ground Suh grabs his shoulder pads and slams him down with him. Never realized exactly how dirty he was (I know about last years Thanksgiving game) but I dont see him much weekly. I was having flashbacks today of Haynesworth when he played for the Titans. he always played that dirty style.

He is a modern day Charles Martin. He looks for every opportunity to injure the other player and tries to get as close as he can to an injury causing assault without getting ejected. I don't think he minds flags but he does want to stay in the game.

The guy is wretched, his coach is filth and there is no place in the league for the calculated physical assaults away from the play.

squicken

Just noticed this in the link I posted:

Can you elaborate on this? I wish I understood contracts better.

EDIT - They mean just the last two years, right?

So he has guaranteed salary of $8.25 million next year, and has ~$3m in other guaranteed money due in 2013 and 2014. If they cut him, they owe him that guaranteed money and it counts against the cap. Since they converted $8m of his previous non-guaranteed money into a signing bonus for a 3 year extension, even though they already paid him that money, it only carries a cap hit of $2.66m a year ($8m/3).

So they haven't had the full amount of that $8m bonus money count against the cap yet. Right now, his cap charge in 2013 is $8.25m in salary and $2.66m in bonus proration. If they cut him the cap charge is for his guaranteed salary in 2013 (8.25m) + the other guaranteed money (3.25m) + the remaining proration of that bonus (5.25m)

So keep him, cap hit in 2013 = 11m

Cut him = cap hit in 2013 = 17-19 (can't rememer)

If somehow they could find someone to trade for him they would still take a cap him of 5.25m

That's surely a somewhat flawed accounting of it but it's essentially correct. I'm too tired to be 100% on it

MechDX

He is a modern day Charles Martin. He looks for every opportunity to injure the other player and tries to get as close as he can to an injury causing assault without getting ejected. I don't think he minds flags but he does want to stay in the game.

The guy is wretched, his coach is filth and there is no place in the league for the calculated physical assaults away from the play.

I loved Boomer Esiason and Shannon Sharpe lighting his ass up at halftime. Hopefully it will draw attention and force Goodell to react. I have seen the replay a dozen times and you can cleraly see his foot kicking outward towards Schaub when he was rolling.

Of course Matt reacts with class:
Schaub wasn’t as evasive. ”I really don’t have anything to say about that play or that person,” Schaub said.

Well, that game was awful. At first, I was mega pissed but the Sanchez ass-tackle and fumble should be replayed for eternity as it is a top 5 sports blooper IMO. Seriously, getting tackled by your offensive linemans buttcheek and fumbling... with that fumble being returned for a TD?

Rex Ryan is not a smart coach- he said Sanchez had a good game because of his QB rating. You have got to be kidding me. This team needs to be gutted as the roster is just not very good. The lack of depth on this team is scary. Tannenbaum needed to be fired yesterday. It's a joke that I have to stomach at least one more season of Mark Sanchez because of the idiotic extension that they gave him.

Did I mention the Jets also have little salary cap room next year?

Time to start jockeying for draft position!

squicken

Yeah if Lions fans ever wondered why their players act like dumbasses and gloat and take dumb penalties they only need to look at the little baby coach taking a stupid penalty that possibly cost them a game b/c he has no impulse control either

eznark

Banned
Yeah if Lions fans ever wondered why their players act like dumbasses and gloat and take dumb penalties they only need to look at the little baby coach taking a stupid penalty that possibly cost them a game b/c he has no impulse control either

I would fire him right now were I running the Lions. I cheered for a team like that in the 80's. It almost drove me away from the sport. I do not understand how people can root for the Lions. It's a disgusting brand of football AND they still lose.

And I'm sure his explanation of this one is going to be even more hilariously awful than his last one.

It makes me sad to think old man Woodson is gonna get his job back nice his glass shoulder heals.
Jennings and McMillian played well.

Boo senority.

Arriba!

Oh srsly bed

I would fire him right now were I running the Lions. I cheered for a team like that in the 80's. It almost drove me away from the sport. I do not understand how people can root for the Lions. It's a disgusting brand of football AND they still lose.

ez, go back and read the thread earlier today. LionsGAF wants nothing more to do with Schwartz and his cronies. We're just as disgusted by it as rest of you. It's not helping us at all.

eznark

Banned
ez, go back and read the thread earlier today. LionsGAF wants nothing more to do with Schwartz and his cronies. We're just as disgusted by it as rest of you. It's not helping us at all.

For the most part, but Kastrioti still exists! And I am willing to bet more of him exist in the real world than more of guys like you and A#1 Lions fan Goldy.

I feel bad for you guys because no joke, those thug Packers years hurt and seriously damaged the franchise.

Dustin Keller is yelling at the fans on Twitter because fans hate Sanchez. This is like the third time I've seen this from him and I wonder if the Jets and Chargers are the only teams who will shit on their fans after a loss.

Dustin Keller is yelling at the fans on Twitter because fans hate Sanchez. This is like the third time I've seen this from him and I wonder if the Jets and Chargers are the only teams who will shit on their fans after a loss.
Someone should show Dustin that gif of Mark running into his own teammates' ass and fumbling.

eznark

Banned

Finley does it regularly, though he shits on fans just by continuing to draw breath.

Also, watching that Jets game (and that fumble in particular) made me really realize just how blessed I am that a guy who fucks up like once a month is my most hated Packer.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Someone should show Dustin that gif of Mark running into his own teammates' ass and fumbling.

I'd like to see this gif myself.

Really don't feel like digging through pages to people talk shit about my pathetic Jets. Just completely embarrassed by this entire organization from top to bottom.

Tanny has to go. Rex has to go. Sanchez has to go. This is beyond fucking ridiculous at this point.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'd like to see this gif myself.

Really don't feel like digging through pages to people talk shit about my pathetic Jets. Just completely embarrassed by this entire organization from top to bottom.

Tanny has to go. Rex has to go. Sanchez has to go. This is beyond fucking ridiculous at this point.
stillbetterthancassel.0_standard_730.0.gif

EDIT - Wide angle version:

untitled-154kr6y.gif

Top Bottom