• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

Godslay

Banned
c4s_freeman121509_98586c.jpg

"You forgot someone!"

Knew it was coming.

Like clockwork.

:jnc

this_guy

losing against the niners and packers is meh for me because i had that L checked Off. The texans was in the 'up in the air' column for me also. So the game doesn't sting like you think it does for me....lol

But it does, otherwise your saltiness would have only lasted a day or two.

Serious question, since you're an expert on fraud teams, are the 2012 Bears the worse 7-1 team of all time? I mean during that stretch they only beat 1 team with a winning record, could only muster 6 points against another fraud team, and got blown out by a backup qb. What other 7-1 teams have been worse?

“@ProFootballTalk Donte Whitner says Colin Kaepernick is the 49ers' starting quarterback http://wp.me/p14QSB-6vsD”

This posted yet?

alex still hasn't been cleared to play either. harbs sends the doctors home for the weekend, alex doesn't play, kap gets another start and if he tears up the saints then he probably keeps the job for the year.

i don't know if this is the right move but harbaugh knows what he is doing. i just feel bad for alex. puts up with all this shit, FINALLY is having some success and a guy with 1 good game knocks him off. i think a lot of 49ers fans support alex because he has been such a good soldier over the years and we want to see him succeed. but the NFL is a business, and if someone is performing "better" than you (no matter how small the sample size!) then you lose your job

Milchjon

I thought it was Andrew Luck.

Guess it depends who wins and loses on any given week.

Any football discussion seems to be mostly based on a small, recent sample. These threads are the same, it's always fun to read a few pages back after a game, so many knee jerk judgements :jnc

Greg

Any football discussion seems to be mostly based on a small, recent sample. These threads are the same, it's always fun to read a few pages back after a game, so many knee jerk judgements :jnc
HoFlynn is the truth, and I'm sticking to it.

More bad injury news for the Cowboys:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/23/cowboys-fear-bruce-carter-could-be-lost-for-season/

Inside linebacker Bruce Carter, who has been playing a major role since Sean Lee’s season-ending injury, dislocated his elbow and, according to the Dallas Morning News, the feeling is that he will not return this season. Carter is going to have an MRI on Friday to determine the extent of the damage, but time’s running short on the season for a player with such a potentially serious injury.

There’s a similarly dire prognosis for cornerback Orlando Scandrick, who fractured his hand on Thursday. He’ll also have an MRI to see how bad the injury might be, but Scandrick is already slated for surgery that’s going to make it hard for him to come back. If both Carter and Scandrick are lost for the season, it will make five key members of the Cowboys defense lost for the season thanks to injuries.

Also, :jnc at Steve Smith:

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers...-monday-night-matchup-battle-of-the-bads.html

Here's what Smith had to say on:

The Panthers-Eagles matchup on Monday Night Football: “Oh, it's real exciting,” he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. “You've got the battle of the bads, I guess.

"They've got a lot of things going on, just as we do. But all that goes out of the window. You get to be on center stage in front of friends, families. It's always exciting to be the only show playing.”

The atmosphere at Philadelphia's Lincoln Financial Field on a Monday night: “Obviously, you want to be at home. But a place like that, hopefully we'll get things going pretty good so they'll have that jail filled up in the bottom (of the stadium).”

Whether the 2-8 Panthers were hungry or starving for a win: “How about malnutrition? Well beyond (hunger). Searching through the trash, looking for any scraps. I think we're there.”

KaYotiX

Banned
alex still hasn't been cleared to play either. harbs sends the doctors home for the weekend, alex doesn't play, kap gets another start and if he tears up the saints then he probably keeps the job for the year.

i don't know if this is the right move but harbaugh knows what he is doing. i just feel bad for alex. puts up with all this shit, FINALLY is having some success and a guy with 1 good game knocks him off. i think a lot of 49ers fans support alex because he has been such a good soldier over the years and we want to see him succeed. but the NFL is a business, and if someone is performing "better" than you (no matter how small the sample size!) then you lose your job

Rodgers didn't lose HIS job when Flynn went all crazy on the Lions....

But I thought Scam was the best rookie of all time?

RG3 is having a better season than Cam did last year. Much more efficient, as a passer and as a rusher. More importantly, he's the undisputed leader of a team that's in contention for the playoffs. Cam definitely wasn't that last year (although I'm still giving the defense the share of the blame for last year)

People for some reason like to think that I (or Panthers fans in general) hate on or are jealous of Bob. Not the case at all, I love RG3. One because it's exciting to watch him play football and I'll always root for brothers to do well playing QB (even Vick and Jabbacus).

And two, I'm very comfortable with Cam Newton as my QB. Call me crazy, but I'm still convinced that the Carolina Panthers can win with Cam Newton. Put in the right system and surrounded with the right talent, Cam can be successful.

KaYotix said:
Rodgers didn't lose HIS job when Flynn went all crazy on the Lions....

And that's why the Pack went one and done last year. You think Flynn's losing to that goober Eli?

RBH

New York Jets backup quarterback Tim Tebow was in such pain from two broken ribs that he threw right-handed -- his off-hand -- with a toy football in a postgame catch on the field with a young boy who attended Thursday night's game as a guest of Tebow's foundation.

And yet coach Rex Ryan was prepared to play Tebow in an emergency if starter Mark Sanchez had been injured.

A day after perhaps the most embarrassing loss of the Ryan era -- a 49-19 blowout against the New England Patriots -- the Jets' coach defended his decision to activate Tebow as the No. 2 quarterback. He also claimed the team's doctors didn't diagnose the fractures until Wednesday -- 10 days after they occurred.

"He absolutely, 100 percent could've played in that game," Ryan said Friday morning.

Tebow has been a controversial player from the moment he arrived with the Jets last March, but the storyline took an ugly turn with the postgame revelation Thursday night that he was nursing broken ribs. He hasn't missed any practice time, according to Ryan, but he was listed as questionable on Wednesday's injury report.

Ryan said Tebow was cleared by team doctors to play, adding that he made a coaching decision not to let him on the field unless it became necessary.

Two questions emerged: What took so long to diagnose the injury? Why wasn't third-string quarterback Greg McElroy activated as an insurance policy?

"We knew he had sore ribs, but I don't think anybody knew the extent of it," said Ryan, adding that a CT scan Wednesday revealed the fractures. "Understand, players can play with cracked ribs. A lot will take (pain-killing) shots to numb it. I absolutely didn't want us to do that."

Ryan, facing a barrage of questions about the injury, appeared to contradict himself.

"If we absolutely had to have him, I would've played him," he said. "I'm not a doctor, I'm a human. I felt for him. When the doctors are telling you he can play, when the young man is telling you he can play ... he got reps the entire week. That's why I had him active."

But Ryan left himself exposed.

If Sanchez had suffered a game-ending injury when the score still was close -- it was scoreless after the first quarter -- the Jets would've been forced to play a severely limited quarterback in a virtual must-win game.

It turned out to be moot, as the Jets committed five turnovers in the second-most lopsided loss of the Ryan era. The Patriots scored 35 points in the second quarter, including three touchdowns in a span of 52 seconds.

Tebow played three plays on offense in last Sunday's road win against the St. Louis Rams, tying a season low. Afterward, Ryan explained that they had planned a bigger role for the QB, but that they had to adjust because of the Rams' defensive looks.

On Wednesday, Tebow lobbied to play against the Patriots.

"I had to do a little bit of talking just to dress, but I just want to be there for my teammates in case they needed me in an emergency situation," said Tebow, who told Ryan he once played with a broken collarbone.

In fact, Tebow fractured a rib in last season's playoff loss to the Patriots.

Ryan bristled when pressed on his decision to active him. But he also mentioned that he told his offensive and special teams coordinators --- Tony Sparano and Mike Westhoff, respectively -- not to use Tebow. In fact, Tebow didn't play at all in his usual role as the personal protector on the punt team.

"Let's make sure we understand: He was cleared to play," said Ryan, insisting it's not uncommon for players to compete with broken ribs.

Ryan declined to speculate on whether McElroy will be active for next weekend's home game against the Arizona Cardinals. Sanchez will remain the starter, according to Ryan, who has steadfastly supported his embattled quarterback.

Tebow said he's not sure how long he'll need to heal.

"They need a little time to get better," he said.

It was yet another disappointment in an otherwise forgettable season for Tebow, whose role on the team remains undefined after 11 games. He has appeared in only 62 offensive plays, as the ballyhooed Wildcat package has gone bust.

"I didn't know what to expect, so everything has been new for me," he said. "I'm just trying to handle every situation as best I can."
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...tebow-100-percent-played-new-england-patriots

LJ11

RG3 is having a better season than Cam did last year. Much more efficient, as a passer and as a rusher. More importantly, he's the undisputed leader of a team that's in contention for the playoffs. Cam definitely wasn't that last year (although I'm still giving the defense the share of the blame for last year)

People for some reason like to think that I (or Panthers fans in general) hate on or are jealous of Bob. Not the case at all, I love RG3. One because it's exciting to watch him play football and I'll always root for brothers to do well playing QB (even Vick and Jabbacus).

And two, I'm very comfortable with Cam Newton as my QB. Call me crazy, but I'm still convinced that the Carolina Panthers can win with Cam Newton. Put in the right system and surrounded with the right talent, Cam can be successful.

And that's why the Pack went one and done last year. You think Flynn's losing to that goober Eli?

He just needs a HC who isn't a dumb fuck. Oh, and to use his legs when he throws.

Bowser

Yeah, RG3 is definitely having a better season than Cam last year. Cam posted crazy video game stats, but RG3 is more accurate and, more importantly, winning games. Luck is arguably having a better season than Cam's last year. It's just the nature of the NFL today. Rookie QBs are much better prepared to play nowadays. Hell, even Weeden and Tannehill, while not amazing, have put up competent rookie seasons.

I still believe in Cam too. He's a 23 year old second-year QB being coached by a wet paper bag HC and a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde OC. Hopefully we can get a comptent HC/OC combo who will run a pro-style offense for Cam. Spend next year's two high draft picks on offensive lineman (I'd love to trade down and pick up OG Jonathan Cooper in the 1st, then take the best available tackle in the 2nd) and I believe that will shore up a lot of the problems we've seen with the offense this season.

Draxal

No lineup changes for the Giants, sigh. Thank god Clay Matthews isn't playing or he would of doubled his sack total Sunday night.

squicken

It does suck for Alex. No way a real SF fan doesn't have mixed emotions

So you know what the funnest part of the night was?

I finally sobered up at 11 PM, so it was time to come home from the cousins house.

She lives off of Exit 3 on the NJ Turnpike. I live in North Jersey.

Then I completely forgot this fucking game was at the Meadowlands.

Stuck in traffic for 2+ hours after the meadowlands to add injury to insult.......

I turned it off after the 2nd quarter. My sister and my cousins forced me to stop watching and refused to let me ruin the night for them. So we popped in Annie and I spent time playing with my cousin's newborn and sang Annie songs with her.

God fuck this team.

LevelNth

Banned
It does suck for Alex. No way a real SF fan doesn't have mixed emotions
Mixed emotions in that it was great to see Alex play so much better these last 25 games, but it was also so painful to know we are a QB away from being an insane force for the next 5 years.

squicken

Kap looked good. I agree that Alex was limiting things but it still has to sting. Most teams with SF still on the schedule probably would rather face Alex than Kap

Top Bottom