• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

updates4qf6o.png

Have fun.

That's why I chuckled when I read that whine thread about Wii-U update sizes.

GT5 laughs at your puny updates.

It's worth every hour.

But this.

GT5 is incredible, if you're willing to put up with a bit of a challenge. It's not for the faint of heart/racing noobs.

Fox318

I just saw Wreck it Ralph today.

Fantastic film that helped me forget the Jets game.

I'm a Bills fan to the core, but we had tickets for the night game, being my first Jets game, and good lord the amount of swag being given away was insane. My mother needs everything free so I left with:

An official NFL Reebok Polo
T-shirt
Scarf
Car mirror sleeve
Lanyard
A plush blanket

At a Bills game, I've never gotten shit. Is this typical for other teams, or was it just because of the Thanksgiving nationally televised one?

Also, what the hell should I do with this crap? Throw it on Ebay as an Xmas fan package for cheap?

*edit*

Seriously, wtf?

HxfCH.jpg

I'll take it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I've used a lot of Ryobi stuff working for my father in law.

Apparently DeWalt is laughably expensive and Ryobi is the exact same thing for 1/4th to a 1/3rd of the price.

i'm going to be 100% honest and i'm not saying this to make a joke. i own that toolset. well... my wife had bought it before she met me so now it's mine. so when i had directv come out to install everything when i moved into the new house, after about an hour the technician said "hey man do you have a hammer? i left mine at the last job site and i dont want to drive back there before i finish here because its an hour away".

now i knew for a fact i did not have a regular hammer. why? i just didn't, whatever! so in that brief moment i debated in my mind being a dick to save myself the embarrassment and make him drive out and then back or just bite the bullet and say fuck it here's the hammer. so i said fuck it here's the hammer and he didn't give me any odd looks or anything but i'm pretty sure he clowned on me to his work buddies or friends later that night :(

Rorschach

i'm going to be 100% honest and i'm not saying this to make a joke. i own that toolset. well... my wife had bought it before she met me so now it's mine. so when i had directv come out to install everything when i moved into the new house, after about an hour the technician said "hey man do you have a hammer? i left mine at the last job site and i dont want to drive back there before i finish here because its an hour away".

now i knew for a fact i did not have a regular hammer. why? i just didn't, whatever! so in that brief moment i debated in my mind being a dick to save myself the embarrassment and make him drive out and then back or just bite the bullet and say fuck it here's the hammer. so i said fuck it here's the hammer and he didn't give me any odd looks or anything but i'm pretty sure he clowned on me to his work buddies or friends later that night :(

lol @ this entire post

eznark

Banned
I've used a lot of Ryobi stuff working for my father in law.

Apparently DeWalt is laughably expensive and Ryobi is the exact same thing for 1/4th to a 1/3rd of the price.

Depends. If you just want to have an electric screwdriver then yeah, that's the case. However the reason DeWalts are more expensive is that they use significantly more robust motors.

I have like six drills in the house right now and need to anchor some footers into concrete. I'll be using the Milwaukee hammer drill (way, way more than you need bucket but the best you can get!) an my dad will be using the DeWalt. We do have a couple of Ryobis and they get used basically as screwdrivers.

RBH

:lol

Greg

I snapped a Craftsman screwdriver in half the other day while opening a hard drive enclosure.

Craftsman sucks.

:jnc

eznark

Banned

Please tell me you went and bought a hammer that night.

Please tell me you went and bought a hammer that night.

i bought a massive tool set within a few days after :D

not sure why i didn't have one previously. i wouldn't call myself a handyman but i've installed outlets myself, installed a new pilot light on my water heater, fixed other little things around the house but living in apartments for most of my adult life i just never needed to do anything other than call the apartments repair guy out to fix whatever.

owning a home is a real pain in the dick hole :(

Milchjon

not sure why i didn't have one previously. i wouldn't call myself a handyman but i've installed outlets myself, installed a new pilot light on my water heater, fixed other little things around the house but living in apartments for most of my adult life i just never needed to do anything other than call the apartments repair guy out to fix whatever.

So you like it or not?

eznark

Banned

Fuck that owning a house is great! The worst part about building a house is that it takes forever for fun little projects to come up. I left portions of the basement unfinished just for that reason!

Link

The Autumn Wind

So what you're saying is that when you guys got together, your wife owned a hammer and you didn't.

You silly Americans and building your own stuff.

I once built a birdhouse at school, one day we hung it up, a bird crawled in and the back part just tore off, dropping it off the wall, killing the bird.

I then decided that building stuff isn't my thing.

eznark

Banned

I once built a birdhouse at school, one day we hung it up, a bird crawled in and the back part just tore off, dropping it off the wall, killing the bird.

That's why American is the worlds only language bitch.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

LOL

Milchjon

:jnc

Although I gotta say, looking at average American houses, it's not comparable to European construction work...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Buahahahaha

I'm not all that handy myself, but my dad is. I have a number of hand me down tools as well as multiple tool sets. My gf got me my home tool set last year (Ryobi kit with saw/drill/other shit), it's a little more wield-able and even she can use it. It helps that I work in construction to begin with.

The only shit that sucks is that whenever any of my friends need anything they call me. I have my own house as well, it's a 3 over 1 two family, and my tenant upstairs will be moving out next month. She's been there since before even I bought the house, so I'll have a ton of fun reno-ing the whole place.

Only hammer I have I stole from Home Depot.

I was holding it in my hands while paying for a bunch of other stuff. Checked out and walked to the car, got in and drove home. My wife turned to me and said the hammer wasn't on the receipt. Whoops.

Top Bottom