• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

The only cheapshot Suh has done in his career would be the stomp from last Thanksgiving and maybe yesterday. Tempers flare, especially in the trenches, so cheap shots like that happen all the time. Suh just happened to get caught on camera doing it.

Those are nice, hard football hits. Nothing wrong with those hits at all. 5-10 years ago those are not flags, but the changing NFL rulebook has demonized players like Suh and Harrison for not setting a pillow down before they bring a QB to the ground.

Football is a rough, violent sport. When I played D-End I made it a point to try to hurt the QB as much as I could.

lets say all other things being equal (everyone takes cheap shots that aren't seen.... including suh) then you're still left with suhs douchebaggery. why haven't other players been caught stomping on someone or purposely kicking someone in the crotch?

squicken

Peter King saying league will urge competition committee to outlaw all below the waist blocks. Not sure how any team will ever throw a 3 step drop pass again but maybe I'm wrong on that

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I was simply saying we don't know if Suh's nutkick was intentional or not. Most of NFLGAF was automatically saying it was a dirty shot when to me it looks like he couldn't control his leg due to the momentum of being pulled down.

schaubnut_medium.gif

Another thing I noticed is no one is bitching about the Texans o-lineman grabbing Suh and dragging him to the ground, which is illegal and dirty. If the Texans o-lineman hadn't held and threw Suh to the ground the whole play wouldn't have happened.

Not surprising the refs missed that call as well.

Suhhh crazy.

Greg

I don't even have friends.
two words: Facebook official

We don't know if he could or couldn't considering he is being dragged to the ground by another 320 pound dude. His leg is coming down at fast speed so the only person who knows if it was intentional or not is Suh himself.

And again none of this would've happened if Suh was being illegally held and dragged to the ground.
:jnc

I love you.

eznark

Banned
Suh will be remembered as the Charles Martin of his day. That is, no one will remember him at all unless the talk is about "dirtiest and most overrated scum bags in the league." Guy will be blackballed before his next contract comes up.

eznark

Banned
I liked Kastrated better when he was at least pretending to not be a troll. There was never a time in football when that first YouTube hit was legal.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
lets say all other things being equal (everyone takes cheap shots that aren't seen.... including suh) then you're still left with suhs douchebaggery. why haven't other players been caught stomping on someone or purposely kicking someone in the crotch?

Two incidents shouldn't be an indictment on Suh's whole career thus far. Sure he made a mistake with the stomp, but that incident shouldn't tarnish his whole career and reputation.

For instance when the Lions played the 49ers on MNF this year, Mike Tirico mentioned how Suh is "troubled" and has had multiple run-ins with the law. Suh has NEVER had a run-in with the law, unless you count a car accident a run-in (which I don't because it isn't criminal in nature). Everyone just has a kneejerk reaction when it comes to Suh based on two incidents from Thanksgiving.

The rest of the hits Suh has laid on Cutler, Dalton, or Delhomme are the type of hits a defensive lineman needs to do to strike fear into the opposing QB.

the difference between suh and harrison is that harrison has some "questionable" hits. questionable in that some people feel that it should be fined but not penalized, others that it should be fined and penalized, and still others that feel it shouldn't be fined or penalized. there is a debate to be had and all parties can make compelling points.

Putting aside the stomp from last year, both Harrison and Suh face the same scrutiny from the NFL and some fans about being to rough when they hit or bring someone down. I love any defensive player that brings the type of intensity that Suh and Harrison bring. It's lacking in most NFL defenses these days.

I was simply saying we don't know if Suh's nutkick was intentional or not. Most of NFLGAF was automatically saying it was a dirty shot when to me it looks like he couldn't control his leg due to the momentum of being pulled down.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cfShMyykbAM/UK5wegaSRfI/AAAAAAAAOtY/O8Xkep7modU/s1600/schaubnut_medium.gif[/IMG
Another thing I noticed is no one is bitching about the Texans o-lineman grabbing Suh and dragging him to the ground, which is illegal and dirty. If the Texans o-lineman hadn't held and threw Suh to the ground the whole play wouldn't have happened.

Not surprising the refs missed that call as well.[/QUOTE]

If it was a fluid motion you might have an argument but there's a fucking pause.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Suh will be remembered as the Charles Martin of his day. That is, no one will remember him at all unless the talk is about "dirtiest and most overrated scum bags in the league." Guy will be blackballed before his next contract comes up.

Keep telling yourself that. Ask any NFL GM if they would want Suh starting on there defensive line and I guarantee you all 32 GMs would say yes.

We don't know if he could or couldn't considering he is being dragged to the ground by another 320 pound dude. His leg is coming down at fast speed so the only person who knows if it was intentional or not is Suh himself.

And again none of this would've happened if Suh was being illegally held and dragged to the ground.

Dude, just stop already, he kicked him the nuts. Deal with it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Keep telling yourself that. Ask any NFL GM if they would want Suh starting on there defensive line and I guarantee you all 32 GMs would say yes.

LOL no way the Texans would ever let him play on their team and that was before the nut kick.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Ask 32 owners instead.

Why would an NFL owner not want him? He sells jerseys and sells tickets. Regardless most NFL owners know shit about player personal as Jerry Jones proves weekly.

I'd love to see that cupcake in a 3-4

Thats the beauty of Suh. He has the speed to play defensive end, as well as the strength to play defensive tackle. 4-3, 3-4 whatever Suh can play any position on the defensive line. I'm not sure there is anyone in the NFL who can do that.

Suh makes everyone on the defense better and brings a swag that Detroit lacked for the last decade.

Two incidents shouldn't be an indictment on Suh's whole career thus far. Sure he made a mistake with the stomp, but that incident shouldn't tarnish his whole career and reputation.

For instance when the Lions played the 49ers on MNF this year, Mike Tirico mentioned how Suh is "troubled" and has had multiple run-ins with the law. Suh has NEVER had a run-in with the law, unless you count a car accident a run-in (which I don't because it isn't criminal in nature). Everyone just has a kneejerk reaction when it comes to Suh based on two incidents from Thanksgiving.

The rest of the hits Suh has laid on Cutler, Dalton, or Delhomme are the type of hits a defensive lineman needs to do to strike fear into the opposing QB.

Putting aside the stomp from last year, both Harrison and Suh face the same scrutiny from the NFL and some fans about being to rough when they hit or bring someone down. I love any defensive player that brings the type of intensity that Suh and Harrison bring. It's lacking in most NFL defenses these days.

yes, suh has had RUN IN's with the law. he didn't say suh has been convicted of anything. but lets take a look at some "run-ins":

suh sued by tenant: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...oit-lions-ndamukong-suh-sued-by-former-tenant

suh leaves the scene of a car accident and law enforcement is called to get involved: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-ndamukong-suh-involved-in-minor-car-accident

suh sued after getting in a different car accident: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...damukong-suh-faces-lawsuit-december-car-crash

and you can be a hard hitter without being dirty. patrick willis is regarded as a hard hitter who brings down the opponent with ferocity but you dont see him stomping on people or kicking people in the crotch. you can be a feared player in the NFL without being a scumbag

Matrix

Thats the beauty of Suh. He has the speed to play defensive end, as well as the strength to play defensive tackle. 4-3, 3-4 whatever Suh can play any position on the defensive line. I'm not sure there is anyone in the NFL who can do that.

Suh makes everyone on the defense better and brings a swag that Detroit lacked for the last decade.

holy shit

swag? lol

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

What about Jesus? Julius Peppers ran a 4.7 40 yard dash coming out of college while Suh ran a 5.0 40 yard dash time. Difference is Suh you can plug Suh at DT or DE, while Peppers is exclusively a DE.

EDIT: Peppers benched 225 lb 22 times, while Suh hit 32 times.

yes, suh has had RUN IN's with the law. he didn't say suh has been convicted of anything. but lets take a look at some "run-ins":

suh sued by tenant: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...oit-lions-ndamukong-suh-sued-by-former-tenant

suh leaves the scene of a car accident and law enforcement is called to get involved: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-ndamukong-suh-involved-in-minor-car-accident

suh sued after getting in a different car accident: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...damukong-suh-faces-lawsuit-december-car-crash

and you can be a hard hitter without being dirty. patrick willis is regarded as a hard hitter who brings down the opponent with ferocity but you dont see him stomping on people or kicking people in the crotch. you can be a feared player in the NFL without being a scumbag

FMT laying the boom.

I think Suh is a good player. Defensive Tackle is a position where you dont necessarily see production coupled with stats.

I'd want to see every year turn out like his rookie year but that wont happen. If it wasnt for his tendency to get flagged/suspended/arrested I would love to have him as a player.

tmdorsey

Off-topic:

Alright went through the thread and sent friend requests to everyone who posted their Wii U ids.

I'm tdorsey76 if anybody wants to add me.

MechDX

Damn Brooks Reed out 3-4 weeks at OLB. Like our pass rush was good lately but this hurts. Hope Mercilous can handle being the starter.

Greg

Still bitter about that play?

I still think Houstan Justin Forsett TD run wasn't right call.
Nah, not bitter, it was just the first case of terrible judgement that came to mind.

And yeah, I don't think anyone would argue otherwise on that Forsett play.

Top Bottom