• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

i'm going to be 100% honest and i'm not saying this to make a joke. i own that toolset. well... my wife had bought it before she met me so now it's mine. so when i had directv come out to install everything when i moved into the new house, after about an hour the technician said "hey man do you have a hammer? i left mine at the last job site and i dont want to drive back there before i finish here because its an hour away".

now i knew for a fact i did not have a regular hammer. why? i just didn't, whatever! so in that brief moment i debated in my mind being a dick to save myself the embarrassment and make him drive out and then back or just bite the bullet and say fuck it here's the hammer. so i said fuck it here's the hammer and he didn't give me any odd looks or anything but i'm pretty sure he clowned on me to his work buddies or friends later that night :(

I can't believe you own a Brady hammer.

i'm going to be 100% honest and i'm not saying this to make a joke. i own that toolset. well... my wife had bought it before she met me so now it's mine. so when i had directv come out to install everything when i moved into the new house, after about an hour the technician said "hey man do you have a hammer? i left mine at the last job site and i dont want to drive back there before i finish here because its an hour away".

now i knew for a fact i did not have a regular hammer. why? i just didn't, whatever! so in that brief moment i debated in my mind being a dick to save myself the embarrassment and make him drive out and then back or just bite the bullet and say fuck it here's the hammer. so i said fuck it here's the hammer and he didn't give me any odd looks or anything but i'm pretty sure he clowned on me to his work buddies or friends later that night :(

Is this a euphemism for Alex Smith being the Niner QB?

RBH

:jnc

I couldn't do that if I tried.

image.php

cajunator

Banned
I just saw Wreck it Ralph today.

Fantastic film that helped me forget the Jets game.

I'll take it.

Wreck It Ralph was an incredibly enjoyable movie. I was nostalgic like crazy.

You should have just told him that hammer brings in the bitches and then looked around like a wildman and headbutted him so he knows not to fuck with you.

I take back everything bad I've said about musicals.

Camelot is a pretty good musical.

Afrikan

Didn't realize Mark pulled a Romo.

stillbetterthancassel.0_standard_709.0.gif

romo-down_medium.gif

I was around a Jets friend last night...and his brother is a Giants fan. ( but I swear he has some green in him because he was making excuses for Sanchez and seemed disappointed)

is that common in NY? Giants fans who don't mind the Jets?

d[-_-]b

Banned
I was around a Jets friend last night...and his brother is a Giants fan. ( but I swear he has some green in him because he was making excuses for Sanchez and seemed disappointed)

I feel bad for Jets fans, there isn't much of a rivalry, my friend used to go on about how recently the Jets have been to the AFC Championship, when he was convincing me Mark Sanchez is a good quarterback (LOL)... this was like last year?
Then again I'm like a recent Giants fan, around 04? Maybe the elder generation could explain it to the rest of us.

Afrikan said:
Contrary to the media narrative, there really isn't much of a rivalry there. I don't mind the Jets, generally. Though I think he's an excellent defensive coach, I can't stand Rex Ryan or his brother.

Slo

I've done a lot of traveling this season, and I must say that New York has been the least welcoming stop along my journey.

Milchjon

If these players werent making millions of bucks and super famous Id almost feel sorry for them.
Almost.

I feel bad for these guys all the time.

They'll run out of money in no time and will be left with a busted body and everybody hating them/making fun of them.

I feel bad for these guys all the time.

They'll run out of money in no time and will be left with a busted body and everybody hating them/making fun of them.

Yeah, 20 somethings who suddenly get millions of dollars and nobody stopping them from doing whatever they want. It's a strange life.

waiting for the next edit when he realizes he's been at his friend's house this whole time

I don't even have friends.

I don't touch that stuff. Now the alcohol/memory article, that might be on to something.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
And going back to earlier in the thread, was Kastrioti trolling or seriously defending Suh? Unreal

I was simply saying we don't know if Suh's nutkick was intentional or not. Most of NFLGAF was automatically saying it was a dirty shot when to me it looks like he couldn't control his leg due to the momentum of being pulled down.

schaubnut_medium.gif

Another thing I noticed is no one is bitching about the Texans o-lineman grabbing Suh and dragging him to the ground, which is illegal and dirty. If the Texans o-lineman hadn't held and threw Suh to the ground the whole play wouldn't have happened.

Not surprising the refs missed that call as well.

I was simply saying we don't know if Suh's nutkick was intentional or not. Most of NFLGAF was automatically saying it was a dirty shot when to me it looks like he couldn't control his leg due to the momentum of being pulled down.

schaubnut_medium.gif

Another thing I noticed is no one is bitching about the Texans o-lineman grabbing Suh and dragging him to the ground, which is illegal and dirty. If the Texans o-lineman hadn't held and threw Suh to the ground the whole play wouldn't have happened.

so when you can't control your leg you kick/thrust out just automatically? lulz

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Didn't realize Mark pulled a Romo.

There isn't much of a rivalry outside of the new Jets fans crowing on about the big/little brother thing. I want the Jets to do well so I can watch good football in the time slot opposite the Giants game on Sunday afternoon.

Couldn't control his leg?! That's almost as funny as Sanchez's face full of ass.

schaubnut_medium.gif

:jnc hilarious.

bionic77

I can't believe you own a Brady hammer.
It isn't pink but I think our toolset is from Costco and I think my wife bought it. My original set was some POS I bought from Walmart a long time ago they someone borrowed and never returned.

And I rarely fix shit in the house. That's why I paid attention in school so I could just pay sconis and other high school dropouts to do it for me.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
so when you can't control your leg you kick/thrust out just automatically? lulz

Couldn't control his leg?! That's almost as funny as Sanchez's face full of ass.

We don't know if he could or couldn't considering he is being dragged to the ground by another 320 pound dude. His leg is coming down at fast speed so the only person who knows if it was intentional or not is Suh himself.

And again none of this would've happened if Suh was being illegally held and dragged to the ground.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Suh could pull a gun out on the field and shoot someone The Last Boyscout style and Kastrioti would defend him.

If Suh was on the Steelers I would defend him like I defend James Harrison.

I defend defensive players against the biased rules that have been placed against them in these last few years. The league is inherently biased against defenders and Suh is at the helm of that bias. People were bitching yesterday that he brought down Matt Schaub to hard. Boo fucking hoo

bionic77

I
Harrison isn't in the same league as Suh when it comes to cheap shots.

I can't remember anyone who is really.

Harrison is also a winner who had the greatest play in SB history. What will Suh he remembered for?

It isn't pink but I think our toolset is from Costco and I think my wife bought it. My original set was some POS I bought from Walmart a long time ago they someone borrowed and never returned.

And I rarely fix shit in the house. That's why I paid attention in school so I could just pay sconis and other high school dropouts to do it for me.

This.

JABEE

I defend defensive players against the biased rules that have been placed against them in these last few years. The league is inherently biased against defenders and Suh is at the helm of that bias. People were bitching yesterday that he brought down Matt Schaub to hard. Boo fucking hoo

I too wish the NFL would go back to the glory days when kicking other players in the dick was not only allowed, but systematically encouraged.

the difference between suh and harrison is that harrison has some "questionable" hits. questionable in that some people feel that it should be fined but not penalized, others that it should be fined and penalized, and still others that feel it shouldn't be fined or penalized. there is a debate to be had and all parties can make compelling points.

what suh has done in a few instances no one should attempt to defend. i might give suh some kind of benefit if he a) didn't stomp on that packers guy and b) afterwards say that he didn't do it, that he was just trying to walk away.

suh is a scumbag but he's your scumbag and i get that. just don't expect unbiased parties to give him any leeway

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Harrison isn't in the same league as Suh when it comes to cheap shots.

The only cheapshot Suh has done in his career would be the stomp from last Thanksgiving and maybe yesterday. Tempers flare, especially in the trenches, so cheap shots like that happen all the time. Suh just happened to get caught on camera doing it.

Those are nice, hard football hits. Nothing wrong with those hits at all. 5-10 years ago those are not flags, but the changing NFL rulebook has demonized players like Suh and Harrison for not setting a pillow down before they bring a QB to the ground.

Football is a rough, violent sport. When I played D-End I made it a point to try to hurt the QB as much as I could.

tl;dr version: I encourage stomping on, kicking other players, and trying to harm them intentionally.

Top Bottom