• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

jakncoke

Banned
It is kind of weird seeing so many broke people in gaming stores who scrimp together used games and bargain to get the latest releases.
Gamers seem really strapped for cash.

This might not hold true for the majority, But games I've known/met irl are mostly hs dropouts that work shit ass close to min wage jobs.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
untitled-18xzr84.gif

I still can't stop laughing over this lololol

Someone has to make a youtube of this with the classic banana peel slip and bump sounds. Someone has to be on the same page on me with this.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

squicken

Can't remember who pointed it out, but him laying his head on the turf as he sees it being run back just makes the play. He's been well paid so it's hard to say I'm sorry for him, but the dude is down the list of things wrong with that franchise

Rorschach

Can't remember who pointed it out, but him laying his head on the turf as he sees it being run back just makes the play. He's been well paid so it's hard to say I'm sorry for him, but the dude is down the list of things wrong with that franchise

That was moi.

cajunator

Banned
This gif needs to be on every NFL-GAF thread page at least once.

It really is the percect gif.
Sanchez either misses the handoff or the rb has no idea, and he's like "oh shit what to do now" so he runs with it behind the oline.
Except he's a chickenshit so he closes his eyes and gets a face full of Moore's giant ass while Wilfork is like "lol wut" and the patriots defender says "well fuck I'll just take this ball now" and Sanchez just lays there like "fuck everything".
It is the poetry of folly, symbolic of a mismanaged organization and everything currently wrong with it elegantly demonstrated in the ten funniest seconds of football from 2012.

I'm drunk and about to get laid guys.... USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

I had sex with a girl my roommate dated last week. Didnt know it was her because I was drunk. Be careful gold!

Ive been drinking too. Im leaning out of the bathtub typing this, I have a cup with cranberry juice and 190 proof everclear.

Whats gonna happen:

1341423556987_zpse3808f4f.gif

Ænima

How? He is a bottom 5 starting NFL QB and just as much a part of the problem as anybody else on the team.

eznark

Banned
NFL looking to change the challenge rule mid season but doing nothing to punish the officials who actually created the situation.

Imagine if it had been those awful scabs...

squicken

Ænima;44687799 said:
How? He is a bottom 5 starting NFL QB and just as much a part of the problem as anybody else on the team.

I would put owner, OC, GM and probably coach ahead of Sanchez in terms what are wrong with the Jets. Swap out the QB for average one and how much better are they? Sanchez isn't good, as I said, but that organization is bad

Ænima

I would put owner, OC, GM and probably coach ahead of Sanchez in terms what are wrong with the Jets. Swap out the QB for average one and how much better are they? Sanchez isn't good, as I said, but that organization is bad
Disagree. This is a guy who needed a top 5 defense, top 5 running game, and great o-line to just barely sneak into the playoffs for a couple of years. You have to be really amazing in other areas of your team to make up for a guy like Sanchez, and it is too hard to do that year in and year out in the nfl.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I think Sanchez is terrible, but yeah, Sparano is definitely way up the list too. I hated the move when they got him and he's done nothing to assuage my feelings of it. Guy can't call plays for shit, and Tebow has been completely wasted in his system. I've never seen a player's skillset so mismanaged in my life.

bionic77

They made it to 2 championship games in 3 years. I would not throw the team under the bus. They are rebuilding now though and it is stupid to stick with a bum like Sanchez when you have a winner like Tebow playing special teams.

squicken

I'm not in any way saying they should have brought Sanchez back. He's a bottom third QB. But that's part of the problem. Horrible cap management and talent evaluation by Tannenbaum led them to that mistake. Rex is a very good defensive coach but did pretty poorly in his selection of coaches.

As far as I can tell, all the talent there was brought in by Mangini, and it got old. Tannenbaum only took personnel power once he left, and the owner is the one who made that mistake. Why would a cap guy know talent evaluation?

https://twitter.com/vitostellino

Beat writer covering the Jags. If you want to see some good trolling of NFL GMs, read his timeline on Nov 20. It's amazing

jbug617

Banned
I'm not in any way saying they should have brought Sanchez back. He's a bottom third QB. But that's part of the problem. Horrible cap management and talent evaluation by Tannenbaum led them to that mistake. Rex is a very good defensive coach but did pretty poorly in his selection of coaches.

As far as I can tell, all the talent there was brought in by Mangini, and it got old. Tannenbaum only took personnel power once he left, and the owner is the one who made that mistake. Why would a cap guy know talent evaluation?

That's why I see Tannenbaum and Sparano will be let go. I think the Jets make a run at Norv when he is fired for offensive coordinator. Rex runs the defense and Norv runs the offense. They will make a complete head coach.

WedgeX

Banned
I'm drunk and about to get laid guys.... USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Hopefully this turned out well.

Goldy's going to throw the challenge flag too early if you know what I mean.

:jnc

NFL looking to change the challenge rule mid season but doing nothing to punish the officials who actually created the situation.

Imagine if it had been those awful scabs...

Walt "tuck rule" Coleman is the worst.

Ænima

Beat writer covering the Jags. If you want to see some good trolling of NFL GMs, read his timeline on Nov 20. It's amazing
So what you are saying is that a GM that is dumb enough to give a huge contract to Sanchez sucks even harder at his job than Sanchez does...you got me there.

squicken

Ænima;44691374 said:
So what you are saying is that a GM that is dumb enough to give a huge contract to Sanchez sucks even harder at his job than Sanchez does...you got me there.

c'mon bro. He put himself in that situation by screwing up their cap so bad he had no choice but to compound his mistake and extend him. Unless it's a Luck/RG3 QB draft it's all a guess at the position, and they got unlucky with Sanchez. Then screwed up their cap by handing out bad extensions to fading players so that when it came time to move on, they couldn't

What happened this year isn't Sanchez's fault. It's the culmination of bad decisions by an owner, GM, and HC. How much better would they be with Stafford, Cutler, or Ryan?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
c'mon bro. He put himself in that situation by screwing up their cap so bad he had no choice but to compound his mistake and extend him. Unless it's a Luck/RG3 QB draft it's all a guess at the position, and they got unlucky with Sanchez. Then screwed up their cap by handing out bad extensions to fading players so that when it came time to move on, they couldn't

What happened this year isn't Sanchez's fault. It's the culmination of bad decisions by an owner, GM, and HC. How much better would they be with Stafford, Cutler, or Ryan?

There was no reason to give Sanchez an extension. None what so ever. His play didn't merit it at all.

Rex Ryan is not a good head coach. A good defensive coordinator but not a good head coach. He has to go along with Tanny and Sanchez.

LJ11

Totally agree, in fact you can go back a season or two when some of us had this discussion, the Jets lack of depth was always a concern. Tannenbaum gave out draft picks like Halloween candy, tempting to do when you have a team right at the cusp, but when you don't win it all in that small window the fall is harder. Roster is the biggest issue, they want to pound the rock but cant do so because their OL isn't good enough. DBricks never been a good run blocker, Mangolds terrific but Moores fallen off and the other two are replacement level at best.

squicken

There was no reason to give Sanchez an extension. None what so ever. His play didn't merit it at all.

Rex Ryan is not a good head coach. A good defensive coordinator but not a good head coach. He has to go along with Tanny and Sanchez.

I agree. The problem was Sanchez had a 2012 cap number of 11.25m and the Jets had no cap room. So they could have cut him and throw in the towel on 2012 or restructured his deal. In retrospect it's easy to say they should have cut him, but did you think that in the offseason? Did most fans? Did the owner?

MechDX

Been saying it for a while now: Rex is just like his dad, a great defensive cordinator but a terrible HC. My guess would be his brother will be the same.

Same situation down here. Kubiak isnt a great HC but the hiring of Wade (same issue) has greatly helped to balance things.

Tom Penny

Doesn't matter who coaches the Jets. They will suck because the GM and co put a bunch no talent players around a bunch of other no talent players.

Top Bottom