• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

SonnyBoy

Ænima;44693952 said:
I think it is a pretty safe bet to give him #5. I mean Luck is playing Buffalo, so he would have to throw like 8 td passes before anybody starts to care.

That interception stopped him from getting another perfect QB rating. Ridiculous.

Bowser

I'm pretty sure that Rex isn't going anywhere. That's the only thing that makes sense of this whole ordeal.

Like it or not the Jets are stuck with Sanchez. That's why I think Rex is standing behind him so voraciously. He'll cost too much to cut, and the Jets are in a downward spiral anyway, so benching him is pointless.

Stuck with him for one more season basically:

Yes, Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez will earn $20.5 million in guaranteed money in 2012 and 2013 as part of his new contract. The fact, however, that Sanchez already was due to earn $17.75 million over the next two seasons has prompted one league source to characterize the move as a “lipstick and powder” deal.

For an extra $2.75 million, Sanchez gave the Jets three straight option years, allowing the team to keep him if he finally realizes his full potential — and to cut him without further investment after the 2013 season, the 2014 season, or the 2015 season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/10/breaking-down-sanchezs-lipstick-and-powder-contract/

Hey guys, can you do me a favor?

I just got off the toilet and i'm a little worried. Usually my shits are about 10 minutes or so long but today I was straining for about a half hour. I got up afterward to look at my baby and it was this really weird swirly color. Can you take a look at it and tell me if I should be concerned about this?

Here

It had to be done.

If this kid somehow gets his team to the playoffs... Does he win ROTY and MVP?

ROTY's practically locked for him at this point, barring him falling off a cliff/Luck looking like vintage Manning while leading the Colts back to the playoffs.

Hell, it'll probably be near-unanimous just based off of his hype alone. (It won't be unanimous because the fat racist Sconi people won't vote for him)

Link

The Autumn Wind

I just got off the toilet and i'm a little worried. Usually my shits are about 10 minutes or so long but today I was straining for about a half hour. I got afterward to look at my baby and it was this really weird swirly color. Can you take a look at it and tell me if I should be concerned about this?

Here
I was expecting a picture of Sanchez.

Milchjon

We need a goldie update of shame.

image.php

I just got off the toilet and i'm a little worried. Usually my shits are about 10 minutes or so long but today I was straining for about a half hour. I got afterward to look at my baby and it was this really weird swirly color. Can you take a look at it and tell me if I should be concerned about this?

Here

Oh you.

SonnyBoy

I just got off the toilet and i'm a little worried. Usually my shits are about 10 minutes or so long but today I was straining for about a half hour. I got up afterward to look at my baby and it was this really weird swirly color. Can you take a look at it and tell me if I should be concerned about this?

Here

The blood where does it go?

tmdorsey

In spite of him.

Watch the games. He is garbage.

Probably sure, but he was also pretty green in the league during those runs. I think something should be said for that.

You guys are probably right and Sanchez is nothing more that a clipboard holder in the reality, but I think the Jets organization didn't do him any favors especially bringing in Tebow.

Ænima

You guys could have had Julio and RG3 in back to back drafts.
I forgot about that. With those two players + their solid defense they would probably have been really damn good this season, instead of just praying for future potential to be realized.

Probably sure, but he was also pretty green in the league during those runs. I think something should be said for that.

You guys are probably right and Sanchez is nothing more that a clipboard holder in the reality, but I think the Jets organization didn't do him any favors especially bringing in Tebow.

If competition makes Sanchez dick turn inward then he wasn't the man for the job anyway.

Good to know that Ohio State doesn't mind celebrating lawbreakers, like Tressel, as long as they win.

(In his defense, covering up tattoos and free cars is a good deal better than covering up child rape like at another B1G institution)

RBH said:
But they had so many draft picks instead!

Everybody knows that when you have the chance to take two potentially franchise changing players...you trade those chances away instead.

SonnyBoy

Ænima;44694579 said:
I forgot about that. With those two players + their solid defense they would probably have been really damn good this season, instead of just praying for future potential to be realized.

RGIII plus Julio would have been amazing. I mean, look what RG has done with our shitty WR's.

Doorman

Since there's no other NFL going on today, I might as well toss out my impressions coming off of Thursday's Lions game, now that I'm finally back from family obligations.

#1: A message to Jim Schwartz: LEARN THE FUCKING RULES!

#2: That being said, the rule that was used is stupid as hell, penalizes the offending party twice, and just plain defies common sense. If the idea of using replay is to make sure that a call is right, the NFL then goes in and crafts a rule that willingly and knowingly allows wrong calls? Baffling.

#3: For all the complaints about not getting cornerbacks in the first or second round of the draft, I actually LIKE Ryan Broyles and I'm really pulling for him to succeed here. I think the Lions did a decent enough job of showing that the passing attack won't necessarily miss Titus Young's bum ass, hopefully that's a message sent to him and he doesn't turn out to be a total waste of time and space for us.

#4: I never expected it, but I actually came away pretty impressed with Justin Durant's performance against the Texans. Lots of plays made, tackles for loss, he seemed like he was all over the field. Levy, on the other hand, needs replacement, and I'm still not entirely sold that we're better off having Tulloch around for multiple years instead of drafting a younger, bigger middle linebacker. We need someone that can work in coverage in the mid-range middle of the field. I called it out to our family in the 4th quarter and it's an area that Houston started really taking advantage of down the stretch.

#5: Man, JJ Watt is a fucking monster. I sure wish that the Lions would take a high-round, high-ceiling defensive lineman like that who could really be an anchor for our team and deliver week after week. Too bad we have Ndamukong Suh instead and the circus sideshow that he brings.

#6: Fuck you, Brandon Pettigrew.

#7: Fuck you, Jason Hanson.

#8: I'll finish this up for now by reiterating what I've said for weeks. No playoffs this year. No playoffs next year. No Super Bowl under Schwartz. Goodnight.

Denard is awful.

We are talking about Denard Robinson, correct?
The same Denard Robinson that gets injured more than Michael Vick and less accurate to boot?

Top Bottom