• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

You guys ever do the double meal thing on Thanksgiving? We're heading to my in-laws' right now and they're having a big meal at 12 then it's off to my side of the family's thing for round 2 at 4. I should be nice and sedated by the time that disgusting late game comes around. Really hoping for a tie, but then again that would suck because no one would lose.

Happy Thanksgiving, guys.

Tamanon

Banned
Now, knowing Alex Smith's luck, Kaepernick will stink it up the rest of the season and he'll be back in competition.

Or Kaep'll get injured that first game starting, pull a Kolb/Skelton.

Slo

Lets fuck

guns.gif

I make a pretty good old fashioned.

I've never actually had one.

bionic77

Thanksgiving is the greatest holiday ever invented.

Fuck Black Friday though. I would rather pay full price then deal with that.

Thanksgiving is the greatest holiday ever invented.

Fuck Black Friday though. I would rather pay full price then deal with that.
Agreed, but as far as the Black Friday stuff you can get the same deals on Amazon a lot of times if you're paying attention! I bought seven games on BF last year from Amazon, haha.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Okay so my buddy owed me some money and I called it even with a Wii U purchase.

This update is taking FOREVER! It's like watching Tebow wind up a pass!

bionic77

Who'd people think of WiiU? I have not even played a demo unit yet.

I am a little jelly I am missing out on another console launch.

JCizzle

kaepernick_AP877754207923_620x350.jpg

CK!!! fapfapfapfap

I hope he keeps this offense moving forward into a more dynamic system that will keep teams a bit more honest with the quick strike potential they lacked with Alex. I also hope the kid is ready from a mental standpoint and is truly ready for the NFL grind.

I too haven't played a demo unit but I'm going to pick one up next year when there's more stuff to play. I kinda want one right now though for NSMBU and Nintendoland.

Godslay

Banned

I'm enjoying it. I know you like handheld gaming so I think you would like it. It's nice to be able to game on the tablet, and let the TV go in the background. I only have mario so far but it is good, and looks great on either screen. Going to pick up ZombiU closer to Christmas.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I played a demo at a Futureshop. It was alright but I didn't really get to truly experience it because some fat kid starting getting real close to me and breathing hard on my back.

It got way to uncomfortable so I just stopped playing and told him to go at it.

I played a demo at a Futureshop. It was alright but I didn't really get to truly experience it because some fat kid starting getting real close to me and breathing hard on my back.

It got way to uncomfortable so I just stopped playing and told him to go at it.
Sounds like he was already going at it.

cajunator

Banned

Nintendoland is a hell of a lot of fun.
It uses motion, ir pointer, normal controls, the secondscreen, and has this really nifty look around 3d effect when you move the gamepad around.
Visually its polished and you see miis running around the game with peoples comments and drawings.

Mario bros u is like a mix of super mario world with tbe spin jump and some elements of smb3.

Nintendoland is a hell of a lot of fun.
It uses motion, ir pointer, normal controls, the secondscreen, and has this really nifty look around 3d effect when you move the gamepad around.
Visually its polished and you see miis running around the game with peoples comments and drawings.

Mario bros u is like a mix of super mario world with tbe spin jump and some elements of smb3.
Did you happen to get ZombiU? That and NSMBWU look the most interesting to me.

Cagey

Banned
Just the transfer-to-tablet ability makes me want to purchase a WiiU. Moving in with the girlfriend means console gaming time has been cut into severely. It's one of those ideas that you thought would be possible in "the future" when you were a little kid, and now we've finally got it.

Pricetag for early adoption tho... meh.

I guess the kid never bought Wii Fit.

cajunator

Banned
Did you happen to get ZombiU? That and NSMBWU look the most interesting to me.

No.
Im not a fan of zombie games.
It seems to be a genuine survival horror game that requires careful planning since it is very easy to die. People who play it seem to really like it and it has one of the largest miiverse groups of fans.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
https://twitter.com/SI_JimTrotter/status/271451319775154177

Small hands demoted. You don't have to pretend like he's good anymore FMT.

alex-smith-caddy.jpg

:jnc What happens when Colin proves to be a one hit wonder? Charlie Batch and tons of other QBs had great first games and proved to be average QBs in the long run. Really stupid decision to promote a backup QB to the starting job after one start.

In the end it just proves what most people have always said; Alexis was average and would never lead a team to a SB win. If backstabbing Harbs actually believed in him he would've at least waited till next year.

Ranvier

Is the kaep announcement even confirmed? How much can we really trust SI?

So a loss means back to Alex and a win means kaep to the Super Bowl!

No.
Im not a fan of zombie games.
It seems to be a genuine survival horror game that requires careful planning since it is very easy to die. People who play it seem to really like it and it has one of the largest miiverse groups of fans.
Gotcha. It looks appealing to me because of how different it looks compared to the typical zombie game. I like how every zombie demands some respect from the player, plus Dark Souls-esque elements always get my attention. It definitely seems to be pretty divisive with the critics, though. Glad you're enjoying your WiiU, man.

cajunator

Banned
Just the transfer-to-tablet ability makes me want to purchase a WiiU. Moving in with the girlfriend means console gaming time has been cut into severely. It's one of those ideas that you thought would be possible in "the future" when you were a little kid, and now we've finally got it.

Pricetag for early adoption tho... meh.
I guess the kid never bought Wii Fit.

Keep in mind however that certain games and game modes obviously cant work on the tablet only.
Epic mickey is one of those.
The list of games that do work off screen is pretty large though and the vast majority will likely work this way.
Mario bros u can work completely offscreen but certain events in nintendoland have to be on the tv due to how they work.
For example, in the zelda event you shoot the bow with the pad but the targets and enemies are on screen.
In anothr game you hold the pad sideways and fling ninja stars with the touchscreen and it goes into the tv screen at enemies.
Its pretty neat stuff.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It kind of surprised me that Harbough has this little faith in him, honestly. It's gotta be a confidence killer.

He's done as a starter in the league. He does have a good 10 year career ahead of him holding clipboards. Alex has been through a lot, so I don't think a benching will faze him, confidence wise.

LJ11

this is a mistake by harbaugh. kap is not ready to be starter. we aren't making a superbowl with kap :(

I was a big fan of Kaepernick when he was coming out, but I love big armed QBs so there's a bias on my part, especially the ones that can run a little bit. You see people talking about Kaepernick's deep ball, but no mention of accuracy. His deep passing was hit or miss at the college level, and his team killed opponents in the run game, so he was facing loaded boxes.

I'm sure he's improved with his downfield passing, he offers more options in the run game, and his ability to keep a play alive after it breaks down is a big plus. Do feel bad for Smith, but the coaches must have a great deal of faith in the young guy to make a move like this.

Slo

I agree with FMT. Kap may be a future starter but this year he is pretty likely to pull a Kolb, and Alexis is pretty much going to check out on the 49ers after getting benched after a concussion. He won't be back next year, and Harbaugh's going to have a hard time selling Smith as a starting QB later this year when they need to pick up the team after a couple bad QB performances.

harSon

Banned
Can't wait until Kaepernick sucks like the scrub that he is. And Alex Smith has been thrown under the bus twice by his coach in the same season now, pretty much guaranteeing his departure from the team after this season.

The rest of the team must feel good about a coach who throws his QB under the bus who got him a 13-3 record and to the NFC Championship game, and a 6-2-1 record this season. Way to send positive vibes to your team by benching players who've had 2 decent seasons Bipolarbaugh, and to someone who had one good game.

Can't wait until Kaepernick sucks like the scrub that he is. And Alex Smith has been thrown under the bus twice by his coach in the same season now, pretty much guaranteeing his departure from the team after this season.

The rest of the team must feel good about a coach who throws his QB under the bus who got him a 13-3 record and to the NFC Championship game, and a 6-2-1 record this season. Way to send positive vibes to your team by benching players who've had 2 decent seasons Bipolarbaugh, and to someone who had one good game.

damn sounds like you are jealous that we have a coach who actually has a plan instead of your dumb fuck coach who has no backup plan incase a player goes down. that's why your team won't make the playoffs this year and why they got embarrassed by a fullback playing QB last year.

kap will be good but right now is not the time. not in the middle of the season.

p.s.

and it has been reported that alex smith said that kap was getting all the 1st team reps this week, not that alex has been benched permanently. this makes sense because he still hasn't been cleared to play. against the bears, alex got all the first team reps and then they came in on saturday and said "oh btw you can't play" so kap didn't get as many reps as he should have. because alex hasn't been cleared i think harbaugh wants to play it safe, get the young guy as many reps as possible in the event that alex can't play. the reps are more valuable to kap than they are to alex

JCizzle

lol they took him in the second for a reason, he's not a scrub - or at least that's a pretty big leap to make at this point. Harbaugh has had his hands on him for a year and a half now, and there is no doubt he's more dynamic than Alex can dream of being at this stage of his career. This is a move as much about today as it is next year and beyond. If CK is ready, he gives Harbaugh so many more options to work with. Everyone knew it would be his job anywhere between 1-3 years after being drafted, so I think it's pretty much right on schedule - perhaps slightly sooner than I expected.

Besides, if CK shits the bed against the saints then Harbaugh goes back to Alex no questions asked. What is Alex going to do? Play like shit on purpose so he doesn't catch on anywhere else in addition to being cut? That doesn't add up.

Overall, it's a risk with potentially huge rewards if CK can provide elite playmaking ability.

I bet that conversation between Harbs and Alex was super awkward.

Yo, Alex, I'm going to stop lying to you. You suck, in fact you're total fucking hot garbage. All that shit I said to you about being my guy was bullshit. I would have kicked you to the curb earlier had that fat foreheaded fuck not betrayed me, but I digress. Colin's ready and I no longer have to pretend to like you. Good Bye Alex.

BTW, We have a 10:00 tee time at Olympic tomorrow, see you there!

I agree with FMT. Kap may be a future starter but this year he is pretty likely to pull a Kolb, and Alexis is pretty much going to check out on the 49ers after getting benched after a concussion. He won't be back next year, and Harbaugh's going to have a hard time selling Smith as a starting QB later this year when they need to pick up the team after a couple bad QB performances.

In all seriousness, I have to agree. I don't see this working out well for the Niners at all. Colin looked good on Monday night, and he's certainly shown that he's got the physical tools to be successful, but he's a rookie QB at this point. Not a known commodity whatsoever. Alex got you to overtime in the NFCCG and was one Kyle Williams away from the Super Bowl. Smith was certainly not spectacular, but he was dependable. Alex Smith was not the guy who was going to lose the game for the Niners. How does Kaepernick react when the going gets tough? Yet to be determined.

There's also the question of loyalty, which this makes it look like Harbaugh has none. The guy who got you to 13-3 and a deep playoff run gets yanked (while he's playing well no less) essentially just because he reported a concussion. That's not going to be a good look in the locker room for Harbs if things go south.

I bet that conversation between Harbs and Alex was super awkward.

Yo, Alex, I'm going to stop lying to you. You suck, in fact you're total fucking hot garbage. All that shit I said to you about being my guy was bullshit. I would have kicked you to the curb earlier had that fat foreheaded fuck not betrayed me, but I digress. Colin's ready and I no longer have to pretend to like you. Good Bye Alex.

BTW, We have a 10:00 tee time at Olympic tomorrow, see you there!

In all seriousness, I have to agree. I don't see this working out well for the Niners at all. Colin looked good on Monday night, and he's certainly shown that he's got the physical tools to be successful, but he's a rookie QB at this point. Not a known commodity whatsoever. Alex got you to overtime in the NFCCG and was one Kyle Williams away from the Super Bowl. Smith was certainly not spectacular, but he was dependable. Alex Smith was not the guy who was going to lose the game for the Niners. How does Kaepernick react when the going gets tough? Yet to be determined.

There's also the question of loyalty, which this makes it look like Harbaugh has none. The guy who got you to 13-3 and a deep playoff run gets yanked (while he's playing well no less) essentially just because he reported a concussion. That's not going to be a good look in the locker room for Harbs if things go south.

as funny as it sounds, the panthers would have more wins this year if alex was their QB instead of scam. remember all that jibber jabber earlier in the year when jon beason and the other losers on your team tried to tear alex down for saying that winning is more important than stats when referring to scam? lulz

Top Bottom