• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

Starphoenix said:
Considering how the first game went, I think that is easier said than done.
Never said it would be easy. Doesn't mean it can't be. All of the RG3 goodness added up to nothing when the time expired in that last game.

The Frankman said:
Andre Brown broke his fibula. God DAMN.
:(

Pretty much kills any enjoyment of the win.

David Wilson, it's your time.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
So you're saying we're now eligible to go on a super bowl run? Awesome!

GG Giants-GAF, though "game" is a bit of a stretch.

lol you will just lose against the Giants/9ers in the playoffs. You'll probably beat Atlanta in the divisional though.

Man I rather play anybody but the Packers.

RBH

ihtxekRWlOCVR.png

iUQCgAVKqBd75.png

AndresON777

shooting blanks
It blows my mind that the Falcons are 10-1.
The way they manage to scrape by week in and week out is astounding.

This reminds me of the season 2 years ago but we all know how that ended up...

still, the difference is they havn't bent over for any teams so far. They usually have 1 shitty/quit game per season by this point but I havn't seen it. Hopefully Michael Turner gets another DUI so they can stop giving butterball the football.

d[-_-]b

Banned
He's fumbled......once. What are you even talking about?

How many times has Ahmad fumbled again?

Lol, say all you want about Ahmad fumbling but he can pass protect, that's what I feel his role his... He fumbled once and he can't pass protect for jack... how many carries has he had since he's fumbled, you make it seem like he's magically become a steady ball carrier...

he can't pass protect for jack... how many carries has he had since he's fumbled,
Thus, how many opportunities has he had to pass protect? Coughlin and Ingram have both been quoted as saying his game in that regard is improving and they want to get him more involved in the offense. Now he has that chance.

you make it seem like he's magically become a steady ball carrier...
No, I make it seem like he's a young guy that now has an opportunity. Which seems to work for us. '07 we had RB's going down left and right which allowed Ahmad to emerge. Next man up. I made no other statement about his "game" other than to call bullshit on "stop fumbling" comments.

Let's keep making pithy comments about the guy fumbling once while our starter has been a fumbling machine over the past few weeks though. That makes a fuck ton of sense.

d[-_-]b;44750208 said:
Lol, say all you want about Ahmad fumbling but he can pass protect, that's what I feel his role his... He fumbled once and he can't pass protect for jack... how many carries has he had since he's fumbled, you make it seem like he's magically become a steady ball carrier...

Futurevoid you want to handle this?

EDIT: oh you did.

squicken

Rams undefeated in the division

week 4 I said cards were joke team despite being 4-0, and they've lost 7 in a row

my thoughts and validation on seattle are known

sf a tough read. defense got worked good by STL but kap's running a problem. Rams D is bad but they are really bad vs mobile QBs. playing a soft zone gave easy reads to tannie, kap, and lindley before they starting pressing and blitzing him. can't do that vs kap.

GO COLTS playoffs on lock. need to work schedule to make sure they are lined up to face BAL in round 2

This reminds me of the season 2 years ago but we all know how that ended up...

still, the difference is they havn't bent over for any teams so far. They usually have 1 shitty/quit game per season by this point but I havn't seen it. Hopefully Michael Turner gets another DUI so they can stop giving butterball the football.

I thought for sure that today was going to be our shitty game.
I guess in some ways it was, but we got the win.

Heard dat about Turner.
Praying Mike Smith comes to his senses before the playoffs.

If I have to watch Turner run for -1 yards every set of downs in a playoff game I will lose my mind.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Thus, how many opportunities has he had to pass protect? Coughlin and Ingram have both been quoted as saying his game in that regard is improving and they want to get him more involved in the offense. Now he has that chance.

No, I make it seem like he's a young guy that now has an opportunity. Which seems to work for us. '07 we had RB's going down left and right which allowed Ahmad to emerge. Next man up. I made no other statement about his "game" other than to call bullshit on "stop fumbling" comments.

Let's keep making pithy comments about the guy fumbling once while our starter has been a fumbling machine over the past few weeks though. That makes a fuck ton of sense.

I feel like your unnecessary call "bullshit" is bullshit
18 rushing attempts 1 fumble
151 rushing attempts 3 fumbles
Guess which one is which, it's great if he has a great game but don't magically make Bradshaw a fumble machine, he's also worked on that.

I don't have a reason to dislike Wilson, like I said if he doesn't put the ball on the ground, he'll be great for running game, I do feel that your overzealous reaction was a bit over the top on a passing comment.

effzee

I really thought Packers were going to beat the Giants.

Then again I thought the Eagles were going to be good this season.

See the Giants going 11-5 now with their remaining loss coming against Atlanta or New Orleans.

firen

Rams undefeated in the division

week 4 I said cards were joke team despite being 4-0, and they've lost 7 in a row

my thoughts and validation on seattle are known

sf a tough read. defense got worked good by STL but kap's running a problem. Rams D is bad but they are really bad vs mobile QBs. playing a soft zone gave easy reads to tannie, kap, and lindley before they starting pressing and blitzing him. can't do that vs kap.

GO COLTS playoffs on lock. need to work schedule to make sure they are lined up to face BAL in round 2

Either way SF is getting hawt at the right time.

exarkun

Atlanta is not gonna be their typical selves this post season because they have a defense now that isn't a porous sieve. Dunta still sucks, but Asante has been a revelation for them. Its decent, and thats about all they need with Julio finally playing big boy ball consistently. They probably can win one game, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the superbowl.

Pats too. They finally have a better-than-bad defense so it'll be interesting what happens to them.

this chart is actually incorrect. a 3 way tie between teams that are not in the same division has the first tie breaker as conference record.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.
Two Clubs

Head-to-head, if applicable.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss.
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

the seahawks haven't played the bucs so the head to head tie breaker wouldn't come into play

Guess which one is who, it's great if he has a great game but don't magically make Bradshaw a fumble machine, he's also worked on that.
David Wilson now has an opportunity to emerge with Brown going down was the extent of my comments. If you think he has fumbling issues then enjoy man. The sample is to small to make any determination on him or to suddenly make a statement on his inability to hold onto the ball based on one fumble in his professional career. Any reasonable human being might look at things a bit more objectively.

Outside of that, I frankly don't even know what it is you're arguing right now.

...and I feel that bullshit when put on top of bullshit smells like bullshit! So there!:D

Draxal

d[-_-]b;44750507 said:
Guess which one is which, it's great if he has a great game but don't magically make Bradshaw a fumble machine, he's also worked on that.

I don't have a reason to dislike Wilson, like I said if he doesn't put the ball on the ground, he'll be great for running game, I do feel that your overzealous reaction was a bit over the top on a passing comment.

Dude sample size? Seriously, you deserved to be called out on it.

youngwerther said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcBPPD1fuZY
:jnc

By the way, Kenny Phillips was taken out as a precaution. The knee injury doesn't seem serious and he should be able to play next week. (good news!)

i also forgot to complain about the bullshit "forward progress stopped" AGAIN against us during the saints game. this call is such bullshit. bowman stripped the saints RB nearly instantly and they called forward progress, play stopped. but then take a look at a guy like rainey in the browns game today. he runs into the pile and his progress stopped but he bounces back out. so what is it? either their progress is stopped or it isn't. its like they always favor the offense on this call. it was bullshit against the giants in last years NFC championship game, it was bullshit against the seahawks and it was bullshit against the saints

ari

Banned
Wtf at the texans/bears feud here. Lol

I assure you Texans fans, chicago bear fans don't give a fuck. I am calling a truce on behave of all bears fans because you are not in our sights what so ever.

Lunchbox

Banned
did even niners fans actually like smith

i always thought they defended him cause you defend your QB and thats it. if they had that kapneclickyuspotamus guy last year they couldve won the superbowl

WedgeX

Banned
Wtf at the texans/bears feud here. Lol

I assure you Texans fans, chicago bear fans don't give a fuck. I am calling a truce on behave of all bears fans because you are not in our sights what so ever.

They were once members of the Lions-Texans alliance. Looks like a dislike of the Bears is all that remains!

Star Lotulelei being top 3 on ESPN's big board seems kind of bizarre. Utes' defense got gashed frequently and he was invisible a lot of the time. He was double-teamed a lot and I'm not that in-depth of a football fan, but it seems like he should have been more visible throughout the year if he's going to be a top 3 pick.

Star Lotulelei being top 3 on ESPN's big board seems kind of bizarre. Utes' defense got gashed frequently and he was invisible a lot of the time. He was double-teamed a lot and I'm not that in-depth of a football fan, but it seems like he should have been more visible throughout the year if he's going to be a top 3 pick.

Don't know if he should really be a top 3 prospect, but that right there is really valuable in the NFL. The best interior lineman won't show up in high lights or stat books because they make the rushers look good.

Top Bottom