• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

squicken

This is his second start?" Manningham said, rhetorically. "He's playing like he's been in there forever."

On the next play, Kaepernick ran a read-option fake to Frank Gore and then ran untouched for a 7-yard score and a 7-0 lead.

On the next drive, the 49ers didn't score, but Kaepernick still flashed brilliance. On a second-and-17 scramble play to the right, Kaepernick avoided a blitz by the Saints (one of New Orleans' 15 through the first three quarters) and eventually hit fullback Bruce Miller. But it was the way that Kaepernick connected, hitting the stocky Miller on the run and giving him a chance to turn the play into something.

"We practice that stuff all the time with Colin," Miller said. "He has the unique ability to extend plays and make something happen when you think it's dead. He opens up so much more. The amount of things you can do with him is endless."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--w...ke-potential-super-bowl-champs-041441132.html

Striker

Great showing by the team yesterday. Little bummed about Andre Brown though, played hard all the time and is a good guy. Injuries have limited his career too often. Curious to what they do at RB now. They played around with Joseph Addai, Mewelde Moore, Kregg Lumpkin and Ryan Torain few weeks ago.

Farewell to Fireman Ed

Posted by Mike Florio on November 26, 2012, 7:53 AM EST

Someone asked last night in the Sunday Night Football Extra live chat what I think about the decision of Fireman Ed to walk away from his status as the unofficial mascot of the Jets.

I said in response I try not to.

But it bears mentioning that the most recognizable fan of the most notorious NFL team has decided to pack it in.

In a column written for Metro New York, which Peter King explained last night is a free newspaper that no one reads, Ed Anzalone explains that he’s calling it quits because of run-ins with other Jets fans.

“The stadium has become divided because of the quarterback controversy,” the Fireman formerly known as Ed wrote. “The fact that I chose to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll — which is an outright lie — have made these confrontations more frequent. Whether it’s in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis.”

So farewell, Fireman Ed. It was nice knowing you. Even though we didn’t know you. And even though it wasn’t particularly nice.

stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

jmdajr

Ravens remaining schedule looks tough. Texans dont have it much easier.

Looks like a piece of cake for Denver for the most part.

Smokey

I don't know what's a more joke of a team right now. The Chargers or the Jets? That 4th and 29 give up to Rice was the worst football play I've seen in years. But then again so was Sanchez on Thursday with the face palm into the ground.

jmdajr

I don't know what's a more joke of a team right now. The Chargers or the Jets? That 4th and 29 give up to Rice was the worst football play I've seen in years. But then again so was Sanchez on Thursday with the face palm into the ground.
Kinda sucked rooting for the Chargers to win that one, but it would of helped us. But yeah that shit with Rice was 2010 like Texan blunder.

The Sanchez thing wad David Carr level fail. Heck that is probably not fair to David, I apologize.

Nightz

The Chargers. They surprise me every week with a brand new way of screwing up and finding a way to lose.

Smokey

Kinda sucked rooting for the Chargers to win that one, but it would of helped us. But yeah that shit with Rice was 2010 like Texan blunder.

The Sanchez thing wad David Carr level fail. Heck that is probabky not fair to David, I apologize.

The Chargers. They surprise me every week with a brand new way of screwing up and finding a way to lose.

Texans 2010 I know that feel Nightz. That was garbage yesterday. The fact that it was a checkdown to a RB made it even worse. They need to clean house and start it over.

TheFatOne

4th and 29, Flacco throws a check down to his RB, defense lets him get a first down.

Fucking Chargers fucking suck.

I still can't believe the Pats defense made Flacco look like an elite QB. I want the Pats to get home field just in case they have to face the Ravens. I would rather have the Pats face the Ravens at home.

La Canfora going over the Jets contract situation on WFAN and my god - Tannenbaum should be fired as soon as the season is over. Between Holmes, Cromartie and Sanchez they've got like 15-18 million in guaranteed money tied up in those guys alone next season.

La Canfora going over the Jets contract situation on WFAN and my god - Tannenbaum should be fired as soon as the season is over. Between Holmes, Cromartie and Sanchez they've got like 15-18 million in guaranteed money tied up in those guys alone next season.

Greg McElroy in street clothes while an injured Tebow is dressed on the field. WTF? Did you hear Francesa interviewing Tannenbaum a few weeks back? Christ.

bionic77

I used to mock fans who were more in favor in protecting the quarterback, but I came to the realization in the last 2 weeks or so that they were right all along. From now on any team that is unable to win 2 games by November is not allowed to tackle the qb. If you want the chance to hurt a franchise qb then you should at least be competitive.

eznark

Banned
It's going to be interesting to see how the Packers get played moving forward. The Giants ran a pretty bland four man rush with two deep safeties the whole game but they did some interesting stuff underneath with man switches and kind of odd zone drops on the weak side of the field. Lots of teams are going to be learning from that game.

ari

Banned
It's going to be interesting to see how the Packers get played moving forward. The Giants ran a pretty bland four man rush with two deep safeties the whole game but they did some interesting stuff underneath with man switches and kind of odd zone drops on the weak side of the field. Lots of teams are going to be learning from that game.
And some how, the bears still gonna play the same defense mccarthy studied time and time again and allow rodgers to look mvp like.

bionic77

I did not watch the whole game, maybe only 70% of it, but I was surprised how bad the Packers offense looked. I honestly do not think the Giants defense is that good (or at least not as good they looked last night). I have seen a few of their games this year and especially against Pittsburgh we did whatever we wanted on them (refs aside). Not sure if the Packers were just off or if teams with good defenses and the right personnel are wising up to how to defend that offense.

bionic77

And some how, the bears still gonna play the same defense mccarthy studied time and time again and allow rodgers to look mvp like.
You also need to do something on offense as well. Cutler can't just sit on his ass or give the ball away. He needs to score points and take some time off the clock.

eznark

Banned

That's because the Bears are the Bears.

I did not watch the whole game, maybe only 70% of it, but I was surprised how bad the Packers offense looked. I honestly do not think the Giants defense is that good (or at least not as good they looked last night). I have seen a few of their games this year and especially against Pittsburgh we did whatever we wanted on them (refs aside). Not sure if the Packers were just off or if teams with good defenses and the right personnel are wising up to how to defend that offense.

It's just a bad matchup, really, and the Packers had a garbage game plan going in and by the time they could try and adjust the Giant could just pin their ears back and feast. The missed field goal and interception early is what lost the game for the Packers. That and Eli being good Eli and not retarded Eli.

It looked to me like they had three priorities going into that game: 1. Get Mason Crosby right (B-) 2. Reestablish Jermichael Finley (B, Aaron shook his hand after a play!!!!!!) and 3. see how well the line can hold up against elite pressure and no help inside (F)

I'd like to believe (and looking at the way the offense prepped and the plays that were inserted I can believe it) that McCarthy went into this game with a win being secondary.

All the above only is in reference to the offense, the defense was fucking putrid. It sounds like Woodson can play any day though so there should at least be better communication out there.

ari

Banned
You also need to do something on offense as well. Cutler can't just sit on his ass or give the ball away. He needs to score points and take some time off the clock.
Huh, cutler turning the ball over is the very least of our problems on offense.

Striker

LOL. There is 0 chance now that he is the guy next year. More INTs then TDs and both his QB rating and QBR are terrible.
There's another rookie QB that had more turnovers than TD's, and also had pathetic QB rating. He stuck around and did okay.

McNabb

Weeden will definitely be in the mix. It depends who CLE has as GM/Coach.

LOL. There is 0 chance now that he is the guy next year. More INTs then TDs and both his QB rating and QBR are terrible.
Calm down Yankee, he'll be here next year ..... I could see us bringing a veteran guy however (alex smith -_-) just in case. or having more of a Qb battle next year. But I fully expect him to be our Qb next year.
And I think it's been known I've never been the biggest Weeden fan

Top Bottom