• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

I agree with this. Getting rid of Shurmur and replacing him with a decent offensive coach will do more than replacing their QB. The Browns playcalling and super risk-averse style is the main problem.

And I was being tongue-in-cheek when I called Weeden their franchise QB. He has a shot to provide stability and leadership at the QB position for 5-6 years, which I'm pretty sure any Browns fan would gladly take. It remains to be seen whether he can take them to the playoffs and beyond.
You've come so far as a Browns fan :")
olympics_basketball_3.jpg

I feel like we're letting Joe Flacco off for that 4th and 29 decision. If Ray Rice hadn't made a superhuman effort, we'd be killing Flacco for DUMPING OFF A 1 YARD PASS ON A 4TH AND 29 WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE!!!!!!!

Wrayfield

Please remind me of the Dolphins playoff record since 2009.

Won as many championships without cheating as your team. You're welcome.

Why the Dolphins Wray? Are you born from a dolphin?

Why, yes. How'd you know?
It was a 103 yard INT returned for a TD by Louis Oliver back in what seems 1893.

He enjoys being dominated by Germans.

It's my second heimat. What would happen if my parents left Poland for The Lower Lands? Would I be a Pats fan, I wonder? Would I buy diners? I know one thing for sure, I would change my name to Wray Opblaaskrokodil and speak that "drunk German who tries to speak English" that you call your language. :)

I agree with this. Getting rid of Shurmur and replacing him with a decent offensive coach will do more than replacing their QB. The Browns playcalling and super risk-averse style is the main problem.

And I was being tongue-in-cheek when I called Weeden their franchise QB. He has a shot to provide stability and leadership at the QB position for 5-6 years, which I'm pretty sure any Browns fan would gladly take. It remains to be seen whether he can take them to the playoffs and beyond.

Browns and Eagles are kind of in the same spot. Both teams drafted QBs the year before making coaching changes. Weeden definitely has a better chance then Foles of being a sarter next year.

Bowser

I feel like we're letting Joe Flacco off for that 4th and 29 decision. If Ray Rice hadn't made a superhuman effort, we'd be killing Flacco for DUMPING OFF A 1 YARD PASS ON A 4TH AND 29 WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE!!!!!!!

lol seriously. I didn't see it happen in real-time, so when I saw Twitter it made it seem like the 4th and 29 call was a handoff (which would have been even worse). Then I saw the highlights and saw Flacco hit a dumpoff and I was just like "...wtf?"

Such a terrible decision and a major bailout by Rice.

lol seriously. I didn't see it happen in real-time, so when I saw Twitter it made it seem like the 4th and 29 call was a handoff (which would have been even worse). Then I saw the highlights and saw Flacco hit a dumpoff and I was just like "...wtf?"

Such a terrible decision and a major bailout by Rice.

Yeah Flacco would be getting destroyed today if not for Rice.

bionic77

I really cant believe that so many people feel that Weeden is clearly a franchise QB at this point.
He is a bum, but they don't have anything better and it is just his first year so it makes sense to keep him around for one more year. Not that I would bet on him amounting to anything but how many qb's can they take in the first round? Build up everything else and hope you get lucky with the qb. That is the way it has always been.

Rice has been making Flacco look good his entire career.

That said fuck you. We need Ben and Flacco to work together for the Steelers to get that big win in Baltimore.

Wray Opblaaskrokodil said:

Sucks to suck huh! At least we have our AFC East titles :(

Opblaaskrokodil said:
It's my second heimat. What would happen if my parents left Poland for The Lower Lands? Would I be a Pats fan, I wonder? Would I buy diners? I know one thing for sure, I would change my name to Wray Opblaaskrokodil and speak that "drunk German who tries to speak English" that you call your language. :)

You never buy your own diners, you get ladies to buy them for you! You would be a terrible Dutchie.

That said fuck you. We need Ben and Flacco to work together for the Steelers to get that big win in Baltimore.

Two of the doctors I work with are Steelers fans, and both don't feel like Ben should or will return next week. Which is great news for us, but then again, it is a home game, so Flacco will be a B- QB.

cajunator

Banned

Why, yes. How'd you know?
It was a 103 yard INT returned for a TD by Louis Oliver back in what seems 1893.

WIN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zs6BIkmtPE

bionic77

Two of the doctors I work with are Steelers fans, and both don't feel like Ben should or will return next week. Which is great news for us, but then again, it is a home game, so Flacco will be a B- QB.
I would rather him sit to be honest with you.

I don't want a repeat of last year with him gimping around like a hero for the last 6 weeks of the season.

Come back next week when he is close to 100%. Endure our beating against the Ravens (and it will be a beatdown)

Also honestly the Ravens are not a great team to come back against when you have fractured ribs.

We also need to San Diego to show up, so we might be double fucked!

harSon

Banned

If sources are to believe, he's healed to a point where he can't be injured further, and it's a matter of pain threshold at this point. It was always stated that the rib injury was more severe than the shoulder injury, and if it were just the shoulder injury, he wouldn't have missed any games. Considering the fact that Ben at 5% is better than Leftwich, let alone a Leftwich with a bum shoulder and fractured ribs, and a Leftwich in that state almost destroyed the Ravens... then I'd be scared if I were you BaltimoreLarry.

If sources are to believe, he's healed to a point where he can't be injured further, and it's a matter of pain threshold at this point. It was always stated that the rib injury was more severe than the shoulder injury, and if it were just the shoulder injury, he wouldn't have missed any games. Considering the fact that Ben at 5% is better than Leftwich, let alone a Leftwich with a bum shoulder and fractured ribs, and a Leftwich in that state almost destroyed the Ravens... then I'd be scared if I were you BaltimoreLarry.

Home/Road stress level split for me is huge. I don't stress at home, not even with Flacco being terrible. We win home games, unless they're against Peyton (who we'll see, and his brother, back to back in a few weeks)

Greg

I had a dream I was almost electrocuted to death while on a boat, but it somehow gave me the ability to fly over open water.

Last night wasn't so bad after all.

harSon

Banned
Home/Road stress level split for me is huge. I don't stress at home, not even with Flacco being terrible. We win home games, unless they're against Peyton (who we'll see, and his brother, back to back in a few weeks)

But you've forgotten about the defecation of the terrible towel, a curse that has claimed two teams in recent years when they were forced to face the Steelers again. Ya'll fucked up.

If sources are to believe, he's healed to a point where he can't be injured further, and it's a matter of pain threshold at this point.

How many sacks is the OL allowing per game? Maybe Ben can just take the shots on the other side of his ribcage. (Or maybe we could just send out Batch as a protective shield for his weak side.)

ari

Banned
lol Bears are considering moving Carimi to guard because of injury and insanity issues.

Seriously, the bears needs to make trades in the off season or go fishing on the wire right now. This line is embarrassing and dysfunctional.

harSon

Banned
How many sacks is the OL allowing per game? Maybe Ben can just take the shots on the other side of his ribcage. (Or maybe we could just send out Batch as a protective shield for his weak side.)

Batch was only sacked once last week, and had to do little in the way of scrambling. The Browns had like 8 sacks the week prior too. But the Ravens always get pressure on us, regardless of their situation on defense. Plus they're thugs, so you can bet money that for once in they're lives they'll abandon intentional shots to the head, and keep things legal by hitting Ben in his mid section.

Batch was only sacked once last week, and had to do little in the way of scrambling. The Browns had like 8 sacks the week prior too. But the Ravens always get pressure on us, regardless of their situation on defense. Plus they're thugs, so you can bet money that for once in they're lives they'll abandon intentional shots to the head, and keep things legal by hitting Ben in his mid section.

He'll die. He shouldn't play.

I would rather him sit to be honest with you.

I don't want a repeat of last year with him gimping around like a hero for the last 6 weeks of the season.

Come back next week when he is close to 100%. Endure our beating against the Ravens (and it will be a beatdown)

Also honestly the Ravens are not a great team to come back against when you have fractured ribs.

We also need to San Diego to show up, so we might be double fucked!

Yeah, I'd sit him. Ravens would be the worst team to throw him back to. Especially if Colon and Adams are out. Save him for the home game against the Norvs.

Top Bottom