• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

MY Quarterback knew it would work. A bomb to smith or boldin would have been ineffective as they were blanketing the sticks. The dumpoff was the best play.

Yeah, they probably totally designed that play with the expectation that Ray Rice could pick up 29 YAC, Cam Cameron must be as much a genius as Flacco is a great road QB.

LevelNth

Banned
Still think it's absolutely hysterical how many people here are arguing that Smith should be the guy to go to for the Niners, after all the shit talked about him for, pretty much forever.

All the talk about the two by these analysts is (surprise surprise) insanely idiotic (especially you Kriegel, the worst thing on NFL.com, which is saying a lot), because they are ignoring the only relevant points in favor of pointless conjecture.

Smith has the experience, Kap has the skill. End of discussion. Which is more important, I have no idea, but I know for a fact, that in the past 2 games, Kap has made about 15 plays that Alex Smith is simply not capable of making.

cajunator

Banned
Still think it's absolutely hysterical how many people here are arguing that Smith should be the guy to go to for the Niners, after all the shit talked about him for, pretty much forever.

All the talk about the two by these analysts is (surprise surprise) insanely idiotic (especially you Kriegel, the worst thing on NFL.com, which is saying a lot), because they are ignoring the only relevant points in favor of pointless conjecture.

Smith has the experience, Kap has the skill. End of discussion. Which is more important, I have no idea, but I know for a fact, that in the past 2 games, Kap has made about 15 plays that Alex Smith is simply not capable of making.

Cant argue with that. Kap goes downfield and keeps plays alive. Hes yall best chance.

I just think the sample size is so small with Kap, and the stakes are so high, you have to go with Alex. Once you start Kap, you're stuck, you can't bail, and you have to temper your expectations. It's been two games. I think it would be amazing to watch you start Kap, have him have two regression games, and then watch the fans turn on Kap and Harbaugh.

Also, I am fully on the side of the guy who got fucked over, based solely on the fact that he got fucked over. John would never pull some bullshit like that.

jmdajr

Wonder if Colts/Texans will get flexed.

here are the 4 o clock games for week 15.

Seahawks/Bills
Panthers/Chargers
Lions/Cardinals
Chiefs/Raiders
Steelers/Cowboys

granted these are at 1 also

Packers/Bears
Broncos/Ravens

Talon

I think we're laughing about Smith's predicament more than thinking he should start.

Anyways, saw the Saints - 49ers highlights. Moore talking shit to the 49ers DBs and then getting leveled and fumbling the very next play is hilarious. And what the fuck was Bunkley thinking kicking a player like that? You can say it's not much of a kick, but what the hell are you even thinking?

bionic77

I think Smith sucks but making the switch now to a guy with no experience is almost like giving up on the SB. I think Brady was the only guy to do it and he had more time, more luck than anyone else or after and video technology to help him.

Should have made move earlier or not at all.

I have no sympathy for Alex. He had 6 years to show what he can do. If he had figured it out sooner, maybe they wouldn't have even drafted Kaepernick. I think Harbaugh sees that the NFC is sort of down this year (unless the NYG make another run) and feels confident that his D and run game can beat any of the top tier teams even with a young QB.

eznark

Banned

I was incredibly impressed with Kap last week, underwhelmed this week. Made some poor reads, made them slowly and was not terribly accurate. That said, he is the better overall quarterback. I don't personally think he is right for that team at this moment because they don't need a guy who can win football games, they need a guy who won't lose them. Smith sucks but he knows it. He won't try to do too much and he has somehow developed Pennington-like accuracy. That's more important to a team with a defense as dominating as the 49ers, in my opinion.

That said, you have to trust Harbaugh.

Talon

yDHvq.png

Rondo going all Brees and padding his stats. Gotta get dem records.

I just don't like the timing. I think Kap is without a doubt the QB of the future for the Niners, and you need to throw him in there at some point. But I don't think the middle of the season, when you're still competing for playoff seeding is that some point. I would let Alex stick in there at least till the end of the season and then open up the competition (which if Kap is ready to be the guy, he will no doubt win) in training camp.

I love Kap's skill, but he's still basically a rookie, and all rookies will have hiccups at some point in the season. I wouldn't want that hiccup to be in an NFC Championship game.

But Harbs knows his QB's more than any of us. If he says its time to put Kap in, who am I to tell him he's wrong?

I think the 9ers should have went to Kap at the start of this season but it is better to do it now then let small hands waste another season. The 9ers need someone that can help them get points against a tough defense. They would have blown the Giants out in the NFC championship game last year if they could have moved the ball at all. Their D was so dominating but Alex kept giving the ball right back to the Giants. You need a QB that isnt so afraid of throwing a pick that he wont even try to throw a pass to a WR, and you need a QB that can make a play on 3rd down.

Slo

Fun fact: There are 34 qualifying RBs averaging over 3.7 ypc this season. Christian Ponder averaged 3.69 yards per attempt on Sunday. A team is likely to get more yards by giving the ball to Mikel Leshoure than by asking Ponder to pass.

eznark

Banned
Fun fact: There are 34 qualifying RBs averaging over 3.7 ypc this season. Christian Ponder averaged 3.69 yards per attempt on Sunday. A team is likely to get more yards by giving the ball to Mikel Leshoure than by asking Ponder to pass.

Comparing season average to a single game average....Slo, do you have an agenda or something?

I'm somewhat optimistic about tonight's game. It's two bad teams, but it's not two completely talentless teams. The game might turn out to be not that bad.

And worst comes to worst, we get blown out and Rivera is unemployed by midnight.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Martellus Bennett, super hero.

3:56AM EST November 26. 2012 - EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – Martellus Bennett saw it all developing, like a well-rehearsed play on the field.

The New York Giants' tight end realized the middle-aged man lunging forward toward the railing over the tunnel through which the players enter and exit the field was about to flip over a young boy who had unexpectedly ducked and would soon plummet toward the ground about 15 feet below.

Bennett, who was throwing his gloves to the fans after making three catches in the Giants' victory over the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, made his fourth reception of the night. And it was a huge one.

"I was doing what I usually do, moseying to the locker room and meandering around," the colorful Bennett said. "Naturally, I just wanted to step back, but I did the righteous thing and I stepped up. I caught him, I saved his life, I tapped into my inner superhero, which I do have.

"I'm usually a ninja, but my Spidey-senses told me he was going to take a fall, so I saved his life. He owes me his first-born or something. Actually I don't want that. Maybe a sandwich or something."

The fan surely wasn't feeling too grateful. He was trying to explain his case to the New Jersey State Troopers whisking him up the tunnel and toward their stadium offices, where he was to be booked on undisclosed charges.

"That sucks," Bennett said.

xnipx

Yeah, they probably totally designed that play with the expectation that Ray Rice could pick up 29 YAC, Cam Cameron must be as much a genius as Flacco is a great road QB.

No. But Ray Rice with 15+ yards of open space in front of him has a higher chance of him breaking a tackle or two and getting the first down than a throw into double or triple coverage. That was my point.

I don't think I've ever not cried in laughter during MNF this year.

MNF games have been a joke this season. The only good one was the Broncos-Chargers game weeks ago. However, next Monday's game will probably change that since the Redskins are fighting for a playoff spot. Whether it is divisional or wild card, it all starts with beating the Giants, and with the way RGIII has been playing and did play in their first meeting, I think next Monday's game at Washington is going to be big. Hopefully...

I'm somewhat optimistic about tonight's game. It's two bad teams, but it's not two completely talentless teams. The game might turn out to be not that bad.

And worst comes to worst, we get blown out and Rivera is unemployed by midnight.

No the Panther need to win tonight. 3-13 might be good enough to get the Eagles the 2nd pick in the draft and hopefully some really good players.

Eww, I just realized the Christmas week night game will be between the Chargers and Jets. Seriously, why did the schedulers place the Jets on every significant prime time game this season?

Milchjon

Eww, I just realized the Christmas week night game will be between the Chargers and Jets. Seriously, why did the schedulers place the Jets on every significant prime time game this season?

Come on, don't tell me you didn't watch Thursday's game. It's wholesome comedy for the Family!

At this point I'd like for Sanchez to be taken out of the game and replaced with Tebow. Might as well at this point, and don't give me the best chance to win excuse, because after last Thursday, that sure as heck isn't true! Battle between two walking disasters is what the Chargers/Jets game will be.

K-19

Banned
The real issue could be in the locker. Players didn't express themself yet about who they were supporting, saying that they were supporting both QBs. I think there can be a big mess if the starting spot is not definitely filled, there is clearly some preferences and it could really be a mess if the thing isn't done well. Harbs has a tough decision to make: if he choose Smith and this one fail, lot of people will express their disappointement, and vice versa.

Read a lot of comments about how late it is to change, that kap is still a rookie or that it would be surprising to have a Brady² situation. That's right, but Harbs knows perfectly that and still unclear because he feel that there is something. There is no obvious solution here, should wait and see.

Godslay

Banned
At this point I'd like for Sanchez to be taken out of the game and replaced with Tebow. Might as well at this point, and don't give me the best chance to win excuse, because after last Thursday, that sure as heck isn't true!

I disagree. Sanchez should stay in. I think he might be able to hit that ass this time and stay upright. We all know that Tebow can do it.

squicken

Tonight's game idk. Both coaches are dead men walking. I guess the Panthers haven't had as many just total give up plays like the Eagles have. I think the best thing for both teams is if Philly loses and gets closer to losing Reid and a better pick, and CAR can build momentum with Cam even if Chud and Rivera go

Top Bottom