• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

Batch was only sacked once last week, and had to do little in the way of scrambling. The Browns had like 8 sacks the week prior too. But the Ravens always get pressure on us, regardless of their situation on defense. Plus they're thugs, so you can bet money that for once in they're lives they'll abandon intentional shots to the head, and keep things legal by hitting Ben in his mid section.

I thought the Steelers really focused on Batch getting the ball out quick which is way the sack numbers were down. The Browns seemed to get good penetration though.

harSon

Banned
I thought the Steelers really focused on Batch getting the ball out quick which is way the sack numbers were down. The Browns seemed to get good penetration though.

Well, that's our offense with Haley now. We focus on getting the ball out of Ben's hands quickly too.

Greg

They used them to stay focused on getting SWOLL. Perfectly plausible.
:jnc

I haven't read the story about the Seahawks guys yet, but if it really was Adderall in all these cases, aren't these guys rich enough to have it prescribed to them even if they don't need it?

Someone tell me how to feel. I don't know much about Saban but everything I read is just mixed.

I now feel confident that Weeden will go on to have a solid pro career. :D

Glad I can make you feel better. Saban is great in college but he was terrible in the pros with the Fins. I would be surprised to see him ome to the Browns since a part of Banner leaving the Eagles was he fought with Reid for control, I would think Saban would demand total control.

jbug617

Banned
Someone tell me how to feel. I don't know much about Saban but everything I read is just mixed.

Better college coach than NFL coach. He basically lied to the whole world when he was in Miami saying he wasn't going to leave for Alabama.

He has history in Cleveland working with Bellichick there. Personally I think they should stay away.

eznark

Banned
Seriously, the bears needs to make trades in the off season or go fishing on the wire right now. This line is embarrassing and dysfunctional.

Carimi was a first round pick last year and NFL executives (outside of TT and a few others who have no problem not dressing high picks) don't understand the concept of sunk costs. They are going to shoehorn him anywhere they can for the remainder of his rookie contract come hell or highwater.

KingGondo

Banned
One of the best college coaches of all time, did poorly in Miami. Don't know if a solid D and being reunited with Richardson (and epic moneyhats) would be enough to tempt him.

They could definitely do worse, IMO.

I now feel confident that Weeden will go on to have a solid pro career. :D
animation1dfg2zq7g.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
:jnc

I haven't read the story about the Seahawks guys yet, but if it really was Adderall in all these cases, aren't these guys rich enough to have it prescribed to them even if they don't need it?

It's the same Adderall that they prescribe to race horses.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Glad I can make you feel better. Saban is great in college but he was terrible in the pros with the Fins. I would be surprised to see him ome to the Browns since a part of Banner leaving the Eagles was he fought with Reid for control, I would think Saban would demand total control.

You know I love you. :D

But seriously though not that I expect you to be watching the Browns every single week but I really feel Weeden will do a lot better once Shurmur is taken out. The offense that Shurmur wants to run may be the most vanilla, chickenshit offense the world has ever seen.

He plays to not lose. I can't even keep count of how many times a game we'll run plays where the routes don't go past the first down marker. 3rd and 5? WRs run 3 yard routes.

And frankly our concern is more on defense then it should be using a pick on a QB. We need a pass rusher and a CB something fierce.

cajunator

Banned
Breeus does giveth and taketh as he pleases

He does indeed.
But he has a hell of an uphill fight this year with all the injuries and losing the head coach that works so well with him and the worst defense I have ever seen. Imagine Brady or even Rodgers in his situation. they'd have a hard time as well. Brady would be dead by now.

Better college coach than NFL coach. He basically lied to the whole world when he was in Miami saying he wasn't going to leave for Alabama.

He has history in Cleveland working with Bellichick there. Personally I think they should stay away.

Saban is a shitty fucker and Cleveland deserves better.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Steelers' possessions yesterday:

1. Fumble
2. Punt
3. Punt
4. Fumble
5. Punt
6 Fumble
7. Touchdown
8. Punt
9. Interception
10. Punt
11. Interception
12. Punt
13. Interception
14. Fumble

:(
What a crazy of football it was.

I vote that bucket give the photoshop a break and load the op with gifs. Glorious, glorious gifs.

But seriously though not that I expect you to be watching the Browns every single week but I really feel Weeden will do a lot better once Shurmur is taken out. The offense that Shurmur wants to run may be the most vanilla, chickenshit offense the world has ever seen.

He plays to not lose. I can't even keep count of how many times a game we'll run plays where the routes don't go past the first down marker. 3rd and 5? WRs run 3 yard routes.

And frankly our concern is more on defense then it should be using a pick on a QB. We need a pass rusher and a CB something fierce.

Shumur is the worst coach in the NFL without question. Guy is afraid of his own shadow. A new coach should definitely help you guys out next year. Browns D seems to play well for the most part, if the O was a little better and didnt have so many short drives I think that would go a long way towards improving the D.

If anything Shurmer is kinda ruining Weeden.

Weeden did kind of throw Shurmer under the bus by saying they were running plays they didn't practice, and Shurmers kinda been throwing Weeden under the bus all season

Browns have nobodies at wide receiver. Weeden throws to Greg Little and it's a guaranteed drop, and aside from Gordon nobody else can get open.

jmdajr

Steelers' possessions yesterday:

1. Fumble
2. Punt
3. Punt
4. Fumble
5. Punt
6 Fumble
7. Touchdown
8. Punt
9. Interception
10. Punt
11. Interception
12. Punt
13. Interception
14. Fumble

:(

I vote that bucket give the photoshop a break and load the op with gifs. Glorious, glorious gifs.

Shit that's rough. I remember those great moments in Texans history!

ari

Banned
What makes me feel good about the niners and falcons on top of the nfc is that home field advantage is a auto loss in the playoffs. Also hope that greenbay or the giants win pass the bears so they can take out the niners and we play the falcons if we advance pass the wildcard spot.

KingGondo

Banned
If anything Shurmer is kinda ruining Weeden.

Weeden did kind of throw Shurmer under the bus by saying they were running plays they didn't practice, and Shurmers kinda been throwing Weeden under the bus all season
Fuck Shurmur. He deserves zero benefit of the doubt.

And if what Weeden said is true, then Shurmur deserves to be thrown under the bus. Calling plays you don't practice with a rookie QB and terrible WRs is a recipe for disaster.

beast786

What makes me feel good about the niners and falcons on top of the nfc is that home field advantage is a auto loss in the playoffs. Also hope that greenbay or the giants win pass the bears so they can take out the niners and we play the falcons if we advance pass the wildcard spot.

252_brandy2_gif1.gif

They probably feel like he has to play against a real defense to get an accurate judgement on him.
Plus Brees kind of airmailed them the game last night because hes a generous guy.

What the heck was the Monday night Bears game then?

The kid, in his two starts, have gone up against one of the top defenses in the league, and one of the top offenses in the league.

EDIT: Big Ben coming back for the Ravens game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ethlisberger-to-try-to-play-in-steelersravens

Seda

Clinching scenarios next week (from various Twitter people)

Broncos win = Clinch Division

Texans win = Playoff spot

Falcons win & Bucs lose = Falcons Clinch NFCS

"In postseason history, the home team holds a 293-140 (.677) record." (A little outdated)

cajunator

Banned
What the heck was the Monday night Bears game then?

The kid, in his two starts, have gone up against one of the top defenses in the league, and one of the top offenses in the league.

EDIT: Big Ben coming back for the Ravens game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ethlisberger-to-try-to-play-in-steelersravens

That has nothing to do with Kap though. His own defense is beastly and can shut down most offenses or in the Saints case severely limit them.
Regarding the Bears, they probably didnt gameplan for the more mobile QB. Who knows.
He still needs more games under his belt to know if he's the real deal or not. Even in the Saints game he made some bad decisions that against a better defense would get him beaten.

He played fair against the Saints D, which is not good. The Niners going forward with Kap would be dumb. Alex Smith is what, 21-4 over the last two seasons? Not good enough, so you go with an unproven guy, who, yes, played well against hte Bears, but looked average against the Saints. What if he sucks the next two weeks? You can't go back to Alex, that will crush Kap (which is fine with me). Plus, they did Alex dirty.

#TeamAlex

I hope next Sunday we see six 6-6 teams in the NFC. I think it can happen. With the Seahawks losing their CBs, I don't see them winning against Chicago of all teams; I don't see the Bucs beating the Broncos at Denver, and Green Bay is going to unleash hell on the poor Vikings. Dallas will more then likely beat the Eagles, who are a bigger mess than they are. So really all that leaves are New Orleans and Washington with the harder games this week. If both teams win, then that leaves the NFC wildcard race a six way tie, but as I've found out, Washington will hold the tiebreaker:

-beat Tampa Bay
-beat New Orleans
-beat Dallas
-hold better conference record than Vikings and Seahawks

Otherwise Seahawks will hold onto the wild card spot.

K-19

Banned
How does FMT and other 9er fans feel about Kap?

Aside some bad snaps, some problem with audibles and pre-snap time management, it's was very nice. Didn't watch a lot of Alex but Kap is much more confident with pass and he is able to make very nice throw. People talking about the fact that the past 2 games, Kap haven't played against a "legitimate" D but I say this is a bullshit argument. The guy know how to deal with blitz, it's awesome how elusive he can be. He had one INT but it was due to a bad snap (C fault?), and there were a few big plays fucked up because of receivers. He can run, so that's cool.

I love the way that Harbs and his teammates are helping him to feel more confident, the way Smith also seems to be with him(it still friendly). I can't say we'll see what he really have in the stomach when the 49ers will play NE, because we have no idea who will get the starting job for the moment. I hope he will because the 49ers offense have so much potential and a talented guy like him could bring it to a decent playoffs appearence and maybe to a the SB.

Alex Smith is a decent QB, a nice dude, he bring to the team some nice victories, but it seems that he reached his maximum and that he won't get any higher.

xnipx

I feel like we're letting Joe Flacco off for that 4th and 29 decision. If Ray Rice hadn't made a superhuman effort, we'd be killing Flacco for DUMPING OFF A 1 YARD PASS ON A 4TH AND 29 WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE!!!!!!!

MY Quarterback knew it would work. A bomb to smith or boldin would have been ineffective as they were blanketing the sticks. The dumpoff was the best play.

beast786

I hope next Sunday we see six 6-6 teams in the NFC. I think it can happen. With the Seahawks losing their CBs, I don't see them winning against Chicago of all teams; I don't see the Bucs beating the Broncos at Denver, and Green Bay is going to unleash hell on the poor Vikings. Dallas will more then likely beat the Eagles, who are a bigger mess than they are. So really all that leaves are New Orleans and Washington with the harder games this week. If both teams win, then that leaves the NFC wildcard race a six way tie, but as I've found out, Washington will hold the tiebreaker:

-beat Tampa Bay
-beat New Orleans
-beat Dallas

So you are saying that Lions will be only out 1 game from wild card after next week... You mean we have a sh...

krzy123

-beat Tampa Bay
-beat New Orleans
-beat Dallas

skins beat the vikings too

So you are saying that Lions will be only out 1 game from wild card after next week... You mean we have a sh...

Theoretically, yes, they do, but it starts with beating Indianapolis. Then, with a Seahawks, Buccaneers, and Vikings loss (which are all likely next week).

skins beat the vikings too

Forgot about that. So yes, only the Seahawks would remain, which the Redskins hold the better conference record.

Top Bottom