• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I don't understand why there is even a question about who is the starting QB for the Niners. First of all I feel horrible for Smith and hope he moves on to another team and has success. That being said, Kap is clearly better and gives the Niners a better chance to win. I live in Reno and have seen quite a bit of him. He has worked his ass off in the filmroom and weightroom and he's ready. The guy is special and with this defense this team is the odds on favorite to come out of the NFC IMO. His pocket presence is amazing for a 2nd year QB and his accuracy is terrific. Add his athleticism and mental capabilities to the mix and it is clear that he gives them the best chance to win. He'll make mistakes but so will Smith. I point to the Giants game as evidence.

I haven't been this optimistic about the Niners future in decades. The future has arrived!

My friend's step-aunt makes $80/hr on the computer. She has been fired for 10 months but last month her payment with bonuses was $20930 just working on the computer for a few hours. READ MORE HERE>>>>

Jets can't even put a job ad on Craigslist.

Nori Chan

Yes he did. :)

image.php

squicken

Allen gets a pass b/c he is on commemorative plates and seems like a big goof, but he's trying to take that guy out as sure as any Saints defensive player would.

A few years back he went after Schaub's knees Rodney Harrison style. Guy is a douche. Freeney and Ware go hard and don't pull that crap

I don't understand why there is even a question about who is the starting QB for the Niners. First of all I feel horrible for Smith and hope he moves on to another team and has success. That being said, Kap is clearly better and gives the Niners a better chance to win. I live in Reno and have seen quite a bit of him. He has worked his ass off in the filmroom and weightroom and he's ready. The guy is special and with this defense this team is the odds on favorite to come out of the NFC IMO. His pocket presence is amazing for a 2nd year QB and his accuracy is terrific. Add his athleticism and mental capabilities to the mix and it is clear that he gives them the best chance to win. He'll make mistakes but so will Smith. I point to the Giants game as evidence.

I haven't been this optimistic about the Niners future in decades. The future has arrived!

What a sack of shit.
In his two game, his stats are nearly identical with what Alex Smith.
Run the ball when a big enough hole opens up, Alex does it. Make one or two big plays per game, Alex does that from time to time. Above average completion rating, that's Alex as well.

Alex does great when the 9ners defense is dominate & making plays, just like they did in the past two games. When they aren't & they need the offense to get them out of a hole, I don't see Kap doing shit... just like Alex Smith.

beast786

Allen gets a pass b/c he is on commemorative plates and seems like a big goof, but he's trying to take that guy out as sure as any Saints defensive player would.

A few years back he went after Schaub's knees Rodney Harrison style. Guy is a douche. Freeney and Ware go hard and don't pull that crap

woodsonpunch.gif

Saints learned it from the best.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You are one of the funny posters here. With true , humor. I almost love you... Almost..
If I buy a Vita, would that push me over the edge?
Wikipedia says that the NFL doesnt allow the networks to flex any games during week 16 due to the holidays. Looks like we will all be stuck with Jets Chargers that week.
Well, as long as Sanchez brings the lulz, we'll be fine.
How is this a dirty tackle? Looks like a textbook tackle.
The helmet to the chin? Dirty ass Texans.

beast786

Not the crown, he is leading with his facemask into the chest. Fundemental football tackling 101.

Maybe in Texan tackling 101.

But, in NFL the neck and chin are considered illegal to touch (PERIOD) regardless its crown, helmet, hand, feet, crouch etc

Bowser

Maybe in Texan tackling 101.

But, in NFL the neck and chin are considered illegal to touch (PERIOD) regardless its crown, helmet, hand, feet, crouch etc

...he's hitting him in the chest bro

Although I guess it's hard to tell when Fatford's neck ends and his chest begins

LevelNth

Banned
I just think the sample size is so small with Kap, and the stakes are so high, you have to go with Alex. Once you start Kap, you're stuck, you can't bail, and you have to temper your expectations. It's been two games. I think it would be amazing to watch you start Kap, have him have two regression games, and then watch the fans turn on Kap and Harbaugh.

Also, I am fully on the side of the guy who got fucked over, based solely on the fact that he got fucked over. John would never pull some bullshit like that.
Two things I don't understand here. One, Kap is not being asked to do any more than Smith was, so really, can someone explain the difference?

And two, fucked over? FUCKED OVER? This isn't little league son, I have no sympathy for ANY athlete in ANY situation ever, because the reaction is, has been and will be always the same: play better. Love Smith, but really, did he not have the chance to play better than he has?

I was incredibly impressed with Kap last week, underwhelmed this week. Made some poor reads, made them slowly and was not terribly accurate. That said, he is the better overall quarterback. I don't personally think he is right for that team at this moment because they don't need a guy who can win football games, they need a guy who won't lose them. Smith sucks but he knows it. He won't try to do too much and he has somehow developed Pennington-like accuracy. That's more important to a team with a defense as dominating as the 49ers, in my opinion.

That said, you have to trust Harbaugh.
Nonsensical. Made them slowly I will give ya, which I don't see how anyone could have a problem with in that dome with that crowd noise. Inaccurate and poor reads? Zero sacks, 9 incompletions on 4 throwaways and 3 drops. He made two poor passes. TWO. Every scramble was the line broke down. No misread on a blitz once. Not sure what else you're looking for.

Kap is more accurate than Smith, I don't even see how this is a question. Gameplan is not going to change with Kap, and he will never be asked to win a game himself. That's all Harbaugh.

...he's hitting him in the chest bro

But he is making contact with his head. You cant contact a QBs head under any circumstances. There was the play 2 years ago where Trent Cole sacked Peyton but he got a personal foul penalty because his hand brushed the side of Peyton helmet.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
What a sack of shit.
In his two game, his stats are nearly identical with what Alex Smith.
Run the ball when a big enough hole opens up, Alex does it. Make one or two big plays per game, Alex does that from time to time. Above average completion rating, that's Alex as well.

Alex does great when the 9ners defense is dominate & making plays, just like they did in the past two games. When they aren't & they need the offense to get them out of a hole, I don't see Kap doing shit... just like Alex Smith.

Do you watch the games? Kap's much better on 3rd downs and has already made about 8-10 throws that Smith just isn't capable of making. I guess you'll just have to be proven wrong in time.

And two, fucked over? FUCKED OVER? This isn't little league son, I have no sympathy for ANY athlete in ANY situation ever, because the reaction is, has been and will be always the same: play better. Love Smith, but really, did he not have the chance to play better than he has?

I thought Alex played well enough, made plays when he needed to and played smart. He was better than Dilfer in 2000. Seriously, you guys lost like 4 games when he started the past two seasons. You know what you're getting in Smith, and he got you almost to the Superbowl in the Niners first year back as a competing team. People are acting like Kap is going to light the world on fire.

And yes, fucked over, because according to the "play better" logic, Alex had been playing well enough to start and not lose his job because he missed one game to a concussion. Fans and Harbaugh got caught up in the Kap hype machine.

Top Bottom