• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

Ok .. finally got the Bunkley gif edited for emphasis

i36ewKoOeu2Hf.gif

What a surprise. Saints player whiffs on the stomp.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I've run out of ways to defend the Jets.

They stink. Its over. Blow up the team.

What's the story with Matt Flynn? How many years is Seattle overpaying him to be Russel's backup?

I thought Alex played well enough, made plays when he needed to and played smart. He was better than Dilfer in 2000. Seriously, you guys lost like 4 games when he started the past two seasons. You know what you're getting in Smith, and he got you almost to the Superbowl in the Niners first year back as a competing team. People are acting like Kap is going to light the world on fire.

And yes, fucked over, because according to the "play better" logic, Alex had been playing well enough to start and not lose his job because he missed one game to a concussion. Fans and Harbaugh got caught up in the Kap hype machine.

9ers would have gotten to the SB if they had any other QB last year. 1/13 on 3rd down and no completions to a WR. Harbs tried his best to replace him in the offseason and couldnt do it so he gave him another chance this year and it was the same Alex, so afraid of making a mistake that he takes sacks and then just checks down in long yardage situations. With their OL and rushing attack they should be a much better passing team, and Kap will do that for them.

At this point I'd like for Sanchez to be taken out of the game and replaced with Tebow. Might as well at this point, and don't give me the best chance to win excuse, because after last Thursday, that sure as heck isn't true! Battle between two walking disasters is what the Chargers/Jets game will be.

Im with you man. I can not believe how stubborn Rex is, he basically will lose his job, because he rode the Sanchez train all the way to the grave.

Ive watched Sanchez his entire career, and he has regressed every year he has played. That includes college. Its like that Benjamin button movie man.

Dude Put my savior Teabow in god damn it!!!!!!!!!

Teabow should have played the first game after the bye.
Best chance to win my ass. Sanchez is one of the sorriest QB's in the NFL.

LevelNth

Banned
I thought Alex played well enough, made plays when he needed to and played smart. He was better than Dilfer in 2000. Seriously, you guys lost like 4 games when he started the past two seasons. You know what you're getting in Smith, and he got you almost to the Superbowl in the Niners first year back as a competing team. People are acting like Kap is going to light the world on fire.

And yes, fucked over, because according to the "play better" logic, Alex had been playing well enough to start and not lose his job because he missed one game to a concussion. Fans and Harbaugh got caught up in the Kap hype machine.
I get what you're saying, and I don't disagree Smith has played well. But if someone comes out, showcases talent that exposes weaknesses of yours while still taking advantage of what benefits you (ie. the gameplan), then that's that.

We have to remember this also extends to practice, and how and in what ways Kap is clearly displaying his talent beyond Smith's. These two games have allowed us to see it, but Harbaugh and Roman may have been watching this for weeks themselves.

Is it possible that even though Kap will still run the same conservative offense as Smith did, he'll make more mistakes and otherwise be a worse option at QB? Of course. But I just don't see it, especially when you offset it somewhat with what he brings over Smith athletically.

A lot of the reason Smith avoids throws downfield and takes sacks, is that he doesn't have the ability to make the throws, or make the reads. The Giants game was such a great example, but Niners fans have seen this deficiency in his game for a long time now.

No way am I saying Kap is a better bet or the right decision, but there is clearly reasoning behind it that extends to practice and beyond for the team.

beast786

Surprised the Lions DB wasnt dancing in the background.

Stop a RB after an 8 yard gain? Time to dance!!

EDIT: You changed the gif! Still its a textbook tackle and wasnt intent to hurt. Unlike that classless, piece of shit Suh.

Text tackle that is illegal in NFL. glad you were in JJ head and knew about his intention.. Makes perfect sense ...Just like the Win *

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
No, but everyone thinks I'm him.

Fine. Let's administer the test:

1. Click this link and then tell us how you feel.

2. Nintendo is the best gaming company after Apple. True/False

3. Sony is more evil than Bill Belichick on Halloween in Hades. True/False

4. Taco Bell makes me _______?

5. The Muscle Hamster is
a) OROY
b) Better than sCam
c) What happens when Pete Carroll coaches peewee league

I get what you're saying, and I don't disagree Smith has played well. But if someone comes out, showcases talent that exposes weaknesses of yours while still taking advantage of what benefits you (ie. the gameplan), then that's that.

We have to remember this also extends to practice, and how and in what ways Kap is clearly displaying his talent beyond Smith's. These two games have allowed us to see it, but Harbaugh and Roman may have been watching this for weeks themselves.

Is it possible that even though Kap will still run the same conservative offense as Smith did, he'll make more mistakes and otherwise be a worse option at QB? Of course. But I just don't see it, especially when you offset it somewhat with what he brings over Smith athletically.

A lot of the reason Smith avoids throws downfield and takes sacks, is that he doesn't have the ability to make the throws, or make the reads. The Giants game was such a great example, but Niners fans have seen this deficiency in his game for a long time now.

No way am I saying Kap is a better bet or the right decision, but their is clearly reasoning behind it that extends to practice and beyond for the team.

I think what bothers me the most isn't the move, or even the timing of it, which I don't think is good either, it's the loyalty thing. Yes, athletes make money, we shouldn't pity them or care how they are treated, but I have a personal thing about loyalty being important, and it just rubs me the wrong way. I feel like it was Alex's job to lose, and he really didn't.

Honestly, I wish nothing but the worst for the Niners as a team, but I don't dislike any of their players. Hopefully, going with Kap is the wrong decision and it sends them back into 5 years of Jaguar-esque failure.

Fine. Let's administer the test:

1. Click this link and then tell us how you feel.

2. Nintendo is the best gaming company after Apple. True/False

3. Sony is more evil than Bill Belichick on Halloween in Hades. True/False

4. Taco Bell makes me _______?

5. The Muscle Hamster is
a) OROY
b) Better than sCam
c) What happens when Pete Carroll coaches peewee league

1. Hard
2. False
3. False
4. Fat and happy
5. Overrated

Did I win, am I Snes ?

Probably posted, but if not: http://dblcoverage.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/if-nfl-quarterbacks-were-girlfriends.html

If NFL Quarterbacks Were Girlfriends

Ever think your NFL QB acts a lot like that girl you used to know? So did we...

Arizona – Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley: Short lived drunken hook-ups, better left forgotten.

Atlanta - Matt Ryan: Polite, very sexy, but something of a prude- she’ll never go all the way.

Baltimore - Joe Flacco: Caring and dependable, but there’s no fire.

Buffalo - Ryan Fitzpatrick: Got married after 3 dates, living with the consequences.

Carolina - Cam Newton: Starts off hot and heavy, but ends quickly with hurt feelings.

Cincinnati - Andy Dalton: Slutty ginger, a steady booty-call. Could develop into something more.

Cleveland - Brandon Weeden: The classic she likes you more than you like her. You suspect she might be lying about her age.

Chicago - Jay Cutler: Whiny and high maintenance, but sexy with rich parents.

Dallas - Tony Romo: On again off again romance, it just can’t last forever.

Denver - Peyton Manning: Best friend’s ex-girlfriend, super-hot, but it will end badly.

Detroit - Matt Stafford: Chubby party girl, lots of fun, but nothing serious.

Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers: Good bond, mutual respect, but losing that spark? Keeps comparing herself to your ex.

Houston - Matt Schaub: Intelligent, good personality. Not the prettiest but she’ll do whatever.

Indianapolis - Andrew Luck: The classic rebound chick. Young and dorky but willing to learn.

Jacksonville - Blaine Gabbert: Long courtship, short affair.

Kansas City - Matt Cassel: A friend’s old hook-up, but still better than your other options.

Miami - Ryan Tannehill: Good body, no brains.

New Orleans - Drew Brees: Starts off smooth, but turns out she’s a gold digger.

New York Giants - Eli Manning: Your friend’s younger sister who you’re secretly in love with. Nasty inferiority complex.

New York Jets - Mark Sanchez: Self-centred model chick, but you can’t dump her… even if you do have a shot with a virgin.

New England - Tom Brady: Cute, smart, your family loves her, but there are trust issues.

Minnesota - Christian Ponder: Kind of cute but still very young, will she blossom or get fat? Only time will tell.

Oakland - Carson Palmer: Friend of a friend, but every date just goes horribly wrong.

Philadelphia - Michael Vick: Ex-girlfriend, giving it another try. Ends like before. Too many arguments leave you in the dog-house.

Pittsburgh - Ben Rothlisberger: Bit of a MILF, but her best days are behind her. Gets way too aggressive between the sheets.

San Diego - Philip Rivers: See Chicago - except replace sexy with average.

San Francisco - Alex Smith: The girl you just can’t shake… she’s been there through thick and thin, but it may be time...

Seattle - Russel Wilson: Sexy bookworm with a wild streak… could have long-term potential.

St. Louis - Sam Bradford: Witty and fun, but very average in bed.

Tampa Bay - Josh Freeman: Attractively unpredictable, but too hard to keep up with.

Tennessee - Jake Locker: Can look very hot, but keeps complaining she has a 'headache'.

Washington - Robert Griffin III: Could be the full package, but has a bad group of friends.

My Edit: The Flacco one is wrong, it should be: Keeps the house clean, cooks, and is fun to chill with, but has severe agoraphobia and falls to pieces whenever she leaves the home.

Ha, in standard ESPN scoring, if Cam passed for 300 yards, rushed for 100 yards, and had 3 passing TDs and 3 rushing TDs, Scooter would still only get 52 points. It's gonna be damn near impossible. Doug Martin's huge game vs the Vikings was worth 52 points.

60 might be pushing it but I think a high 40s game is very reasonable. The Eagles have given up the most 20+ yards plays since Bowes took over. Their run D has also been much worse. I expect Cam to throw for 2 and rush for 2 tonight.

Larry said:
Cleveland - Brandon Weeden: The classic she likes you more than you like her. You suspect she might be lying about her age.

Pittsburgh - Ben Rothlisberger: Bit of a MILF, but her best days are behind her. Gets way too aggressive between the sheets.

Buffalo - Ryan Fitzpatrick: Got married after 3 dates, living with the consequences.

Detroit - Matt Stafford: Chubby party girl, lots of fun, but nothing serious.

:jnc

Going of this list, I would probably bang Cutler.

cajunator

Banned
Just think how bad you gotta be to be a backup o lineman for the bears.

The way our Oline Eagle'd it up last night ours are no better.
We started Bryce Harris on the line, then he went down and we put in someone even worse. The 49ers went to town on that weakness.

effzee

Tonight should be great. Lose and Reid is gone 100% and we secure a top 5 pick. Win and it means we go on a 6 game win streak to finish 9-7 and win the nfc east.

beast786

Please.....copy+paste. I didn't think the list was nearly good enough to type out. Plus, who cares what Eznark thinks, I didn't write it.

*slaps Baltimorelarry in face*

What is wrong with you? You are all over Gaming side being a WiiU fanboy... You are making the whole NFL-GAF, sound like bunch of kitty kids. Be a MAN man, Be a MAN

Eznark is sucky as bears and packers

Top Bottom