• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

I wanted to get the Limited edition jersey, but Panthers Limited jerseys only started being sold about 3 weeks ago, and even then, they just have Cam (which is the jersey I would have gotten, but still, wtf?). I wanted to have one for the season, so I ended up buying a game jersey for the opener. Maybe I'll gift it to my lil bro and pick up a Limited jersey instead.
Do it! Very happy with my jersey! It was stupid to sell pad size in the first place, fans aren't wearing pads to games and it just makes everyone look like a bloated fat ass (most are). These look far nicer and more flattering if you aren't a fat ass.
As a divisional opponent, I think the cards should draft another wr or rb. That's what you are missing
Middlefinger.gif
Why would you guys do anything other than draft OL? Let Kolb manage the QB position another year while you build up a decent line that can protect the future QB. Whiz sucks but I'm not sure Graves is all that good either. I like Horton, though

What you just said is how the few sensible Cards fans, including myself, feel. The player I'm dreaming of drafting is Joeckel and from what I hear, Lewan is a nice consolation prize if you can't get the former. Make Kolb renegotiate his contract, he has proven serviceable when healthy. We need a better line, regardless of who's behind center.

Unfortunately, it won't happen. The morons running the show think Brown is a HOF and with him being healthy by next season, they'll be content to stick with him after giving him a new contract this last off season. It hurts to want a great OT prospect, likely get a pick early enough to snag him, and know that your FO will still refuse to take him. If I'm forced to take the tackles out of the equation, I'd be down for Warmack to replace Snyder's garbage ass at RG. Otherwise, Teo to go opposite D Wash, that'd be amazing and I'm hearing this Jarvis kid is too good to pass up if he drops, great rush prospect which I can never say no to.

cajunator

Banned
NE1G5.gif

Who is that cutie anyway?
I always wonder this.

Sadly true. Don't know how a coach who hasn't produced a dominant team in 8 years hasn't lost any appeal.

Chain Gailey has gotten multiple coaching jobs. Reid could go winless for years before he would hurt his stock to the point that he couldnt get work. Hell Rich fucking Kotite got a 2nd job. Unless you are black, like Art Shell, you will almost always get a 2nd chance.

bionic77

I bet you put ketchup on your eggs too!

You people disgust me!
I know someone who actually does put ketchup on his eggs and pretty much everything else (I was at his house for thanksgiving dinner and the fucker even put ketchup on the turkey!).

We'll see how Andrew Luck and RGIII/Wilson pan out.
The same.

The playoffs are just a different ballgame. Teams prepare and play very differently. RGIII is not even making the playoffs though so we won't know for at least another year or two and Luck will suck balls in a playoff game just like everyone else.

It catches up to everyone in their first playoffs. Even Warner slowed down from his regular season numbers his first appearance (but won anyways).

Smokey

Texans tackling 101 ,when he takes a helmet uses as a weapon into standing QB head, classy* tackling 101.

But, I was in his brain. He didnt mean it. I know it, I swear I do, I was holding his jockstrap.

Take it easy bro, I am sure he cares and defends you as much as you defend him.

So many tears
So delicious

8 forced in one game bitch!!

:(

I wouldn't call all of them forced. For instance, that one that around on Wallace's slick little hands before bouncing back into that lineman was more of an unforced turnover.

By the way, the Steelers need to trade Wallace and Mendy in the offseason. Think they can get two 4ths for those douchebags?

squicken

Unfortunately, it won't happen. The morons running the show think Brown is a HOF and with him being healthy by next season, they'll be content to stick with him after giving him a new contract this last off season. It hurts to want a great OT prospect, likely get a pick early enough to snag him, and know that your FO will still refuse to take him. If I'm forced to take the tackles out of the equation, I'd be down for Warmack to replace Snyder's garbage ass at RG. Otherwise, Teo to go opposite D Wash, that'd be amazing and I'm hearing this Jarvis kid is too good to pass up if he drops, great rush prospect which I can never say no to.

Kolb is decent enough to manage things, and I just don't know who exactly would excel back there until they fix the line. It's a shame that Fitz will lose another year on a rebuild, but the important thing is getting the leadership squared away. I have always thought Whiz was overrated, and Graves' neglecting or inability to evaluate the OL seems reason enough to see him gone. I'm sure though he'll say it's all Grimm's fault

Bowser

Mean Girls is one of the greatest movies of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

Kolb is decent enough to manage things, and I just don't know who exactly would excel back there until they fix the line. It's a shame that Fitz will lose another year on a rebuild, but the important thing is getting the leadership squared away. I have always thought Whiz was overrated, and Graves' neglecting or inability to evaluate the OL seems reason enough to see him gone. I'm sure though he'll say it's all Grimm's faul

Somehow, I think he'll manage to cope with the checks he's cashing from the Cards

Mean Girls is a smart teen comedy with Lohan and Chabert at elite status.

I recommend it to anyone under 30.
Any higher and that's traveling a little too close to creepy pedo territory.

I wouldn't call all of them forced. For instance, that one that around on Wallace's slick little hands before bouncing back into that lineman was more of an unforced turnover.

By the way, the Steelers need to trade Wallace and Mendy in the offseason. Think they can get two 4ths for those douchebags?

Isnt Wallace a FA at the end of the season?

Andre Brown update:

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN

Giants have placed RB Andre Brown (broken leg) on the new short-term IR, meaning he could still return in time for Super Bowl XLVII.

Also Coughlin said Phillips simply aggravated the knee injury he already had and confirmed his not playing the rest of the game was precautionary because of the game had already gotten out of hand.

He also stated Kiwi will play both defensive line and linebacker moving forward.:) Damn great news to hear Kiwi is playing more dline moving forward.

When asked about David Wilson's role moving forward he said "It's his time". You can bet the team will add another RB though. I would not mind bringing in someone like Ryan Torrain.

David Diehl has a neck burner and the team is determining the severity of the injury. No word yet on his availability moving forward.

EDIT: Don't know if this was posted:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Bucs CB Greg Schiano said CB Eric Wright will be suspended by the league for the next four games for violating PED policy.

squicken

OF ALL TIME.

Somehow, I think he'll manage to cope with the checks he's cashing from the Cards

Oh I agree 100%. He knew what he was doing when he signed with AZ. Shame for the fans. I was and still am a huge Andre Johnson fan, and I always thought it would suck that he would spend his whole career stuck on a loser franchise. But he gets his shot this year

Bowser

Andre Brown update:
Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN

Giants have placed RB Andre Brown (broken leg) on the new short-term IR, meaning he could still return in time for Super Bowl XLVII.

Well that's awfully presumptuous, isn't it? :p

Also, I don't think it was a coincidence that Eli having his best game coincided with Diehl moving out of the lineup again.

God I hope so. What a pouting little twat. Fucking come to camp, play football and we'll take care of you. But nooooo, you gotta hold out and then put together a shit dropsies season like this one. Ugh. He can't be gone soon enough.

I bet he cost himself a ton of money turning down the long term deal the Steelers offered.

bionic77

OF ALL TIME.
You went too far.

It might be one of the greatest movies of all time if you are a retarded teenager (and I am not ruling out the possibility that you are one), but otherwise it is just a well written and acted comedy. Nothing mindblowing or historic about it. Definitely no Ace Ventura (which IS one of the greatest comedies of all time).

Bowser

You went too far.

It might be one of the greatest movies of all time if you are a retarded teenager (and I am not ruling out the possibility that you are one), but otherwise it is just a well written and acted comedy. Nothing mindblowing or historic about it. Definitely no Ace Ventura (which IS one of the greatest comedies of all time).

I just turned 25 last Wednesday :(

Narag

You went too far.

Greatest achievement of Marino's career.

squicken

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
NFL announces Patriots DE Jermaine Cunningham is suspended for four games for PED violation. Third NE player this year (Bolden, Talib).

Saints and bounties, Pats and Chickens on the roids. I chose my enemies well

Kolb is decent enough to manage things, and I just don't know who exactly would excel back there until they fix the line. It's a shame that Fitz will lose another year on a rebuild, but the important thing is getting the leadership squared away. I have always thought Whiz was overrated, and Graves' neglecting or inability to evaluate the OL seems reason enough to see him gone. I'm sure though he'll say it's all Grimm's fault

Kolb would be serviceable in the same way that small hands is. The line is the biggest concern if you get him to restructure his contract. Massie seems to be improving and Potter is performing far better than Batiste was, especially with some help from TE and RB. Beanie had a great chip block yesterday. I don't remember us giving up a single sack yesterday or maybe it was 1? Quite the improvement from the last time we went. That said, I'd still take a top prospect that can play at a fairly high level right off the bat ala Kalil if given the chance. I'm not sure how Joeckel compares to Kalil, I just know he's often touted as a stud. We really need someone to replace Snyder regardless, garbage as advertised. Grimm deserves a lot of blame, he hasn't been able to coach up anybody and Brown was a top prospect at the time.

It's true that Graves and Whiz seem too afraid to take OL early enough to be effective ever since that blunder. So, everybody is to blame to varying degrees. Graves has done a great job keeping the core talent we have and I've been pretty pleased with our last few drafts for the most part but FA has been a weakness and someone is letting their stubbornness keep us from fixing the team where it's broken. I suspect Whiz, stubborn bastard.

On another note, I had a crush on Lacey Chambert back in the day when she was on Party of Five.

Bowser

What you just said is how the few sensible Cards fans, including myself, feel. The player I'm dreaming of drafting is Joeckel and from what I hear, Lewan is a nice consolation prize if you can't get the former. Make Kolb renegotiate his contract, he has proven serviceable when healthy. We need a better line, regardless of who's behind center.

I'm thinking this guy, if he is truly a top flight LT prospect, should be the guy the Panthers draft. Then we can kick Gross to RT and move Byron Bell inside to RG. With a full season under his belt, Silatolu should (hopefully) be better, and we get back Kalil at C. Should help shore up the O-line problems we've had this season.

Top Bottom