• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

Kolb would be serviceable in the same way that small hands is. The line is the biggest concern if you get him to restructure his contract. Massie seems to be improving and Potter is performing far better than Batiste was, especially with some help from TE and RB. Beanie had a great chip block yesterday. I don't remember us giving up a single sack yesterday or maybe it was 1? Quite the improvement from the last time we went. That said, I'd still take a top prospect that can play at a fairly high level right off the bat ala Kalil if given the chance. I'm not sure how Joeckel compares to Kalil, I just know he's often touted as a stud. We really need someone to replace Snyder regardless, garbage as advertised. Grimm deserves a lot of blame, he hasn't been able to coach up anybody and Brown was a top prospect at the time.

It's true that Graves and Whiz seem too afraid to take OL early enough to be effective ever since that blunder. So, everybody is to blame to varying degrees. Graves has done a great job keeping the core talent we have and I've been pretty pleased with our last few drafts for the most part but FA has been a weakness and someone is letting their stubbornness keep us from fixing the team where it's broken. I suspect Whiz, stubborn bastard.

On another note, I had a crush on Lacey Chambert back in the day when she was on Party of Five.
Kolb got a better arm and is more willing to take risks then small hands, but small hands is way more accurate and less likely to have a killer turnover. You cant win a SB with either one, unless the rest of the team is crazy stacked. Cards should cut Kolb but I have no idea who else they could get, maybe Vick? He avoids sacks and makes the OL better and he can chuck it deep to Fitz.

ari

Banned
So the pats and seabitches on that shit? Third time this year for the pats? Wow.

Edit: ever since kolb got hurt, the cards sucked on offense. Coincidence?

bionic77

I'm going to withdraw my opinion from this discussion based on the fact that I watched Teem Mom AND The Hills regularly.
This is the least surprising reveal of all time considering you are a Brady fan. You obviously have some pretty horrible taste at times.

You probably even like Jim Buss...

Milchjon

So the pats and seabitches on that shit? Third time this year for the pats? Wow.

Edit: ever since kolb got hurt, the cards sucked on offense. Coincidence?

Get your damn facts straight.

Talib got busted before he joined the Pats.

:-(

Kolb got a better arm and is more willing to take risks then small hands, but small hands is way more accurate and less likely to have a killer turnover. You cant win a SB with either one, unless the rest of the team is crazy stacked. Cards should cut Kolb but I have no idea who else they could get, maybe Vick? He avoids sacks and makes the OL better and he can chuck it deep to Fitz.

The thing about Kolb is that he's intelligent enough to make ball security priority number 1 and make quick, careful plays with this fragile OL. It worked and was plenty enough to beat teams with our D and ST. Skelton and Lindley just sling the ball with reckless abandon and lack of accuracy so we face the consequences. Kolb was plenty accurate as he made smarter throws. I won't argue that he'd be more accurate than small hands, but I honestly think he'd be the better QB over all if he had a good line like Smith benefits from. It's all moot since we don't have a great line. Need to upgrade it and find a QB that can work around it in the meantime. Vick has attributes that would help, but is also injury prone. I guess anyone could be if they have shitty protection. Those deep misses to Fitz yesterday really hurt. Another deep miss to Housler...

TheFatOne

It's really just the second time. Talib plays for the Pats, but he was caught while he was playing for Tampa. Bolden and Cunningham are the exact type of players I would expect to be taking PEDs. It makes the most sense for them. Bolden is an undrafted guy who is trying to make the team, and Cunningham has been a disappointing draft pick up until this season looking to get a new contract.

Kusagari

Kolb is the best the Cards can get unless Barkley falls and they decide to risk it all on him. Which would be incredibly dumb.

Really the biggest problem with Kolb is he can't stay healthy. I'm assuming they'll get rid of Skelton, keep Lindley as the third stringer and sign a veteran as Kolb's backup.

I wouldn't call all of them forced. For instance, that one that around on Wallace's slick little hands before bouncing back into that lineman was more of an unforced turnover.

By the way, the Steelers need to trade Wallace and Mendy in the offseason. Think they can get two 4ths for those douchebags?

Don't forget that lazy ass route that Plaxico Dumbass ran that led to the interception.

bgjoqe.gif

Oh shit, don't know how I missed our C being out for the rest of the season... Yeah, we're losing out and getting a top 5 pick.

Fuck Barkley, no USC QBs, been down that road before.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah we might beat the Saints with Leftwich, but I think you guys are still better than us with Batch out there.

Dude looks older than our head coach!

We actually didnt get blasted out of the stadium against the 49ers, so Im happy that they didnt fully embarrass us. We looked like we at least belonged on the same field lol.
Unlike that goddamned Chiefs game :(

Eric Wright was suspended for Adderall

Wright's four-game suspension for Adderall sue follows that of former Buccaneers starting cornerback Aqib Talib who also was docked four games earlier this season. Talib said he took Adderall without a prescription during training camp.

That's two Bucs players down for Adderall suspensions this year.

Systematic cheating in Tampa? Under a Belichick wannabe? Why I never would have guessed.

squicken

How many teams are worse than the Steelers without Big Ben?

We were basically level with the Chiefs and worse than the Browns...

A lot of the "Big Ben and Cutler are MVPs look how bad they are w/o them" is also a function of how bad the backups are. Especially in the Steelers case. Campbell's not bad so much as he's the wrong type of QB to back up Cutler. They needed a mobile QB who would take calculated shots downfield. Campbell is a statue and won't let it go. Steelers are just stupid. No other explanation on 800 year old backups.

What effect does Adderall have on someone who's not diagnosed with ADD?

Maybe I should find me some...

I believe it makes you extra focused as I think it's used to calm your thoughts down when diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. But I also read that when you don't have ADD/ADHD it has an opposite effect sending your brain in overdrive.

Students use it to help them study I believe.

But I believe it's Squicken who once said that almost none of these guys actually get busted for Adderal, but since the NFL doesn't disclose what they do get busted with, they all just say it's Adderal, so they can claim to be dumb and not cheaters by juicing up with bull sperm or whatever.

Milchjon

I believe it makes you extra focused as I think it's used to calm your thoughts down when diagnosed with ADD/ADHD. But I also read that when you don't have ADD/ADHD it has an opposite effect sending your brain in overdrive.

Students use it to help them study I believe.

But I believe it's Squicken who once said that almost none of these guys actually get busted for Adderal, but since the NFL doesn't disclose what they do get busted with, they all just say it's Adderal, so they can claim to be dumb and not juicing up with bull sperm or whatever.

I'm aware of the last part, but all the talk just made it more salient for me.

jakncoke said:
Steelers activated Decastro does that mean he can play soon?
He can play immediately as he's automatically added to the 53 man roster if he was activated. It's not like the PUP rules where they have up to what? 4-6 weeks to make a decision.

Top Bottom