• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

jakncoke said:
I meant as in, is he healthy enough to play soon?
No clue on that one. They put Gilbert on IR to activate him so it may have just been a roster move at the moment. Though I doubt that. If they activated him, he's likely close to playing. You'll see if he practices this week.

verbum

We'll be a force within 3-4 years said Holmgren just now as he ran out of the door.
How is Haslam so far as an owner? Is Joe Banner going to lead the way to the new Kardiac Kids?
I just hate to see the Browns waste so much time treading water.

Bowser

Ahh man cant wait for the game tonight! So many storylines, so much at stake.

I keep laughing every time I see the commercial for this game on ESPN and the ad touting it as a "statement game" for both teams. Um really? Is the statement, "We're not as shitty as the other team?"

Yes, I know I'm late...

Following Sunday's catch-less Week 12 game, Vernon Davis told reporters that he believes Alex Smith should be the 49ers' starting quarterback.

Although Jim Harbaugh made the correct on-field decision to bench Smith for Colin Kaepernick, one of the risks he ran was creating a locker-room divide. "It's difficult, but I think Alex is still the man," said Davis. "In my heart I strongly believe that and you'll know next week. ... I'm sure Alex is still our guy." Kaepernick is still expected to start in Week 13 at St. Louis
Sonofabitch.

So just because you can't catch a pass the dude throws you want to go back to Alex? Jerk.

What's your activity level?

Nonexistant during the workday, but I get to the gym a few times a week, and I have a 2 year old and 5 year old, so there's that too. Actually hurt my back tossing my kid in the air....almost dropped her on the way down. Almost.

Sonofabitch.

So just because you can't catch a pass the dude throws you want to go back to Alex? Jerk.

YES! Stir up the shit, Vernon!

squicken

Then he said, “Alex Smith is our starting quarterback. He has not done anything to lose that job. He’s playing at a very high level.

“You also can’t categorize Colin Kaepernick as a backup quarterback. He’s started games and played very well. It’s a unique situation, because both quarterbacks are playing well.”

Harbaugh also took a shot at “so-called experts” who suggested Smith should “make more of a stink” over apparently losing his starting job. Fox analyst Troy Aikman, for one, said during Sunday’s telecast that Smith might be the only NFL quarterback who would handle the situation as he has (quietly).

“Alex is a class act all the way,” Harbaugh said.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/11/26/jim-harbaugh-likely-to-announce-starting-qb-on-wednesday/

Just got back from a little "vacation"(don't post on Gaming side is the answer to my problem) and I haven't been able to post for the past two games.

I say we ride and die with Kap. The NFL is a business, and the only business is winning super bowls.

Tom Penny

Why is Pedro holding up a young Kaepernick?

Colin-Kaepernick-mini-pedro-e1353952773976.png

Nightz

One thing has been running through my head the whole day: 4th and 29. 4th and freaking 29. I hate this team. It's the same thing every single week, but they find a completely new way to lose each time.

Gigglepoo

A lot of the "Big Ben and Cutler are MVPs look how bad they are w/o them" is also a function of how bad the backups are. Especially in the Steelers case. Campbell's not bad so much as he's the wrong type of QB to back up Cutler. They needed a mobile QB who would take calculated shots downfield. Campbell is a statue and won't let it go. Steelers are just stupid. No other explanation on 800 year old backups.

Both the Steelers and Bears have terrible offensive lines. Because of that, very few QBs could have any success under center. I have a feeling even Brees and Brady would struggle mightily if they were continually chased/on their backs.

cajunator

Banned
One thing has been running through my head the whole day: 4th and 29. 4th and freaking 29. I hate this team. It's the same thing every single week, but they find a completely new way to lose each time.

Was it you that correctly predicted with extreme accuracy the end of the Saints/Chargers game?

beast786

Just got back from a little "vacation"(don't post on Gaming side is the answer to my problem) and I haven't been able to post for the past two games.

I say we ride and die with Kap. The NFL is a business, and the only business is winning super bowls.

Speak for yourself man... We all have our goals..

603188_10151145324118605_1133512762_n.jpg

welcome back

Bowser

Cleveland forced 8 turnovers versus Pitt on Sunday

The Colts have forced 7 turnovers all season

Serious question since I'm sure you've seen enough Colts games (Narag/SpinDasher feel free to chime in) - why does Arians have Luck pass so much? Dude averages 40.8 pass attempts per game, seems mildly insane. Although I suppose it's working, but still, 449 pass attempts in 11 games for a rookie QB?

Top Bottom