• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 12 |OT| What Are You Thankful For?

bionic77

Nonexistant during the workday, but I get to the gym a few times a week, and I have a 2 year old and 5 year old, so there's that too. Actually hurt my back tossing my kid in the air....almost dropped her on the way down. Almost.

YES! Stir up the shit, Vernon!
Lose weight and strengthen your legs and core. Back will feel great after that.

squicken

Both the Steelers and Bears have terrible offensive lines. Because of that, very few QBs could have any success under center. I have a feeling even Brees and Brady would struggle mightily if they were continually chased/on their backs.

Oh no doubt. We saw with Aaron Rodgers yesterday, probably the best in the game, that if a QB gets quick pressure and his WRs don't get off the press quickly, he'll start getting antsy in the pocket. People wonder what is wrong with Rivers. Well, AJ never replaced the lost weapons or addressed the offensive line. If the QB is a pocket passer then that's just awful roster management

Wes

venison crêpe
How is Haslam so far as an owner? Is Joe Banner going to lead the way to the new Kardiac Kids?
I just hate to see the Browns waste so much time treading water.
Haslam is going down very well with the locals from what I understand. His visibility is a sight for sort eyes after the Randy Lerner era. He was apparently furious with Holmgren being all cosy with Jerry Jones last week and that has ushered in this hastier than expected departure.

As for Banner, he hasn't had to do anything yet of note. The real test will come with Shurmur and Heckert at the end of the year. Shurmur is out of his depth and just has to go but Heckert has done a good job in the draft (Weeden was Holmgren's pick. Heckert wanted to take him with our second rounder.) and under Haslam should actually be allowed to be aggressive in the free agency market.

MechDX

Lions Texans alliance going through some severe post break up bitchfights.

In two weeks Ill have one with you. <3

I dont think the alliance actually existed.

Never believed in it. We have a better banner:

600x480.jpg

It looks so lonely up there.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lions Texans alliance going through some severe post break up bitchfights.

Would be fine if beast would stop stirring shit up with his * every time a Texans fan posts or makes a comment about another team.

Dude can't come to terms with the fact that Schwartz is a fucking douche idiot.

"I dont think the alliance actually existed."

Actually this is more of the truth.

Gigglepoo

Oh no doubt. We saw with Aaron Rodgers yesterday, probably the best in the game, that if a QB gets quick pressure and his WRs don't get off the press quickly, he'll start getting antsy in the pocket. People wonder what is wrong with Rivers. Well, AJ never replaced the lost weapons or addressed the offensive line. If the QB is a pocket passer then that's just awful roster management

It's so nice hearing someone talk about the Chargers and not mention how they're loaded with talent. There's a reason Rivers is struggling, and it goes deeper than how he's a hot-headed douche. A mediocre offensive line and some of the weakest skill positions in the league would make anyone look less than ordinary.

Either way, Roethlisberger is always going to be on the cusp of MVP (just like Rodgers) because they hide the many deficiencies on their offenses.

Nightz

Glad someone else noticed this. Yes Rivers has been making some stupid decisions, but watch any game and you'll see the pocket collapse right away and defenders blowing by the two tackles quite easily.

MechDX

Got this form a Texan forum I post on:

C Johnson had five catches for 103 yards and a touchdown against Ball in the first half.

We switch. Then Jackson limited C Johnson to three receptions for 37 yards in the second half plus a long overtime.

You dont throw on Kareem!

FEELS WEIRD MAN!!

beast786

Would be fine if beast would stop stirring shit up with his * every time a Texans fan posts or makes a comment about another team.

Dude can't come to terms with the fact that Schwartz is a fucking douche idiot.

"I dont think the alliance actually existed."

Actually this is more of the truth.

You seems as blind as the Ref in that game. Your own guy here starts crap. I personally dont give a damn. I have bigger fish to hate like Multiple SB champions Packers and bears in my division than a nobody like Texans.

It is ironic how it was same bitch fight your boy had with bears fan.

I am pretty good in defeat. Lions suck balls right now and I am all humble enough in giving you a congrats*

MechDX

You seems as blind as the Ref in that game. Your own guy here starts crap. I personally dont give a damn. I have bigger fish to hate like Multiple SB champions Packers and bears in my division than a nobody like Texans.

It is ironic how it was same bitch fight your boy had with bears fan.

I am pretty good in defeat. Lions suck balls right now and I am all humble in giving you a congrats*

Yeah then you throw your little asterik in again. I stated before the game many times, I didnt give us much chance of winning. Thankfully your coach is an idiot.

Its also not your fault your defensive "star" is a giant tool. Oddly enough Packers GAF are a ton more classy than you and your Bears brethren. Pack whipped our ass and we just took it afterwards and didnt make little comments about how unfair it was.

cajunator

Banned

You have a point. Look how Brees played when he had aldon and smith up in his face all game long. Not much a QB can do about heavy pressure. You can only evade it for so long.
when the backup linemen went out I was like "well there it goes now theyre gonna put Brees on the ground" and sure enough that happened and shut down the offense for good. That Brees was able to play well enough to get 3 TDs on that defense is commendable. That is a tough motherfucking defense.

squicken

Serious question since I'm sure you've seen enough Colts games (Narag/SpinDasher feel free to chime in) - why does Arians have Luck pass so much? Dude averages 40.8 pass attempts per game, seems mildly insane. Although I suppose it's working, but still, 449 pass attempts in 11 games for a rookie QB?

He's an idiot. It'd be one thing if it was WCO dink and dunk, but Luck is throwing it like 10 air yards per attempt. I think that most offensive coordinators feel the need to demonstrate their genius, and they want to do that with the pass. They don't want a "ground and pound" label. And of course most QBs have no problem throwing it all game long. We make fun of Brees but they are all stat whores. The Colts also have an anemic running game and none of the backs are all that special in the screen game

And you can't knock it as far as he goes. Peter King mentioned him as a possible HC candidate. I think he's been absurdly lucky in who he has had to coach. Most QBs would have been killed under his guidance. He just happened to coach the two of the best pocket movement guys I've ever seen

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Beast, you're just too damn odd for me to bother with any longer.

Good luck with your crappy team the rest of the year. I'll be wishing for an injury to Suh's nutsack.

Yeah then you throw your little asterik in again. I stated before the game many times, I didnt give us much chance of winning. Thankfully your coach is an idiot.

Its also not your fault your defensive "star" is a giant tool. Oddly enough Packers GAF are a ton more classy than you and your Bears brethren. Pack whipped our ass and we just took it afterwards and didnt make little comments about how unfair it was.

Lol. You got destroyed. What comments could you have made without looking like gigantic whiners?

jbug617

Banned

Brady was scared a lot earlier in the season in the pocket. He started ducking before the pressure got to him. The o-line was very bad in the preseason and early part of the season.

MechDX

Lol. You got destroyed. What comments could you have made without looking like gigantic whiners?

Aaron was playing pissed because Houston has one of the biggest cancer centers in the country right down the street from Reliant?

Seriously, the crying and moaning from the Bears and Lions fans has been ridiculous. We could have stated it was the first game without Brian Cushing, he is the heart of that defense, J Joe (top corner) had a bad groin. there were a few but we didnt even mention them. We took our ass beating and moved on.

bionic77

It's so nice hearing someone talk about the Chargers and not mention how they're loaded with talent. There's a reason Rivers is struggling, and it goes deeper than how he's a hot-headed douche. A mediocre offensive line and some of the weakest skill positions in the league would make anyone look less than ordinary.

Either way, Roethlisberger is always going to be on the cusp of MVP (just like Rodgers) because they hide the many deficiencies on their offenses.
Ben is never considered an MVP outside of Steelers and AFC North fans.

I think some experts don't even consider him elite. :lol

bluemax

Banned
Adderall being considered a PED seems kind of silly to me.

What effect does Adderall have on someone who's not diagnosed with ADD?

Maybe I should find me some...

Its basically a poor man's stimulant. Remember in the 70s when every baseball player on the planet was doing greenies? Adderall is pretty much the modern version of that

It is sort of like taking meth, only not as bad for you.

Tom Penny

Remind of what Rivers did when he had talent on the team besides basically nothing in the playoffs...For some bizarre reason he could beat Peyton though.

You know what?

Fuck Kyle Williams.

I'd much rather lost a SB to Alex than Eli.

No you don't. At least Eli was playing at an elite level last year, losing to him is reasonable.

Had you lost to the Niners, that would mean losing to a decent Eli in 2008 and a mediocre Alex Smith in 2012. Forget that dynasty* shit, the Patriots new legacy would be the "Team that couldn't beat OK Quarterbacks in the Big Game"

Bowser

He's an idiot. It'd be one thing if it was WCO dink and dunk, but Luck is throwing it like 10 air yards per attempt. I think that most offensive coordinators feel the need to demonstrate their genius, and they want to do that with the pass. They don't want a "ground and pound" label. And of course most QBs have no problem throwing it all game long. We make fun of Brees but they are all stat whores. The Colts also have an anemic running game and none of the backs are all that special in the screen game

And you can't knock it as far as he goes. Peter King mentioned him as a possible HC candidate. I think he's been absurdly lucky in who he has had to coach. Most QBs would have been killed under his guidance. He just happened to coach the two of the best pocket movement guys I've ever seen

Yeah, some Panthers fans on another board are touting him as their top pick for HC and I'm not seeing it. We need someone who will rein Cam in a bit, not up his pass attempts by 10+ a game, especially with the solid stable of backs we have (although DeAngelo may be a post-June 1st cap casualty or traded before then).

I really, really hope we at least contact David Shaw. If not, I'd go after Greg Roman or Perry Fewell (could see Fewell/Ross being a package deal)

Milchjon

No you don't. At least Eli was playing at an elite level last year, losing to him is reasonable.

Had you lost to the Niners, that would mean losing to a decent Eli in 2008 and a mediocre Alex Smith in 2012. Forget that dynasty* shit, the Patriots new legacy would be the "Team that couldn't beat OK Quarterbacks in the Big Game"

Personally, I'd prefer that. Giving two SBs to the same goober sucks, and I'd love to read "SB winning QB Alex Smith" in these recent discussions.

Not to mention the fact that of course the Pats totally would've won that shit!

LJ11

Being a Bills fan is tough, a Browns fan a bit worse, Raiders fans are getting there, but I think Chargers fans are right there in terms of misery. So much talent squandered, nothing to show for it. They've won more in recent years than the franchises mentioned, but they've dealt some serious misery to the fan base. At least the fans live in SD.

Godslay

Banned
Its basically a poor man's stimulant. Remember in the 70s when every baseball player on the planet was doing greenies? Adderall is pretty much the modern version of that

It is sort of like taking meth, only not as bad for you.

It's a bullshit cover up for roids. If a player is really taking adderall, they can have the team approve it with the league without issue. They don't even have to lift a finger.

(stumbles in) Eagles-Panthers?

What the hell, why are monday night games always trash?

And I say this knowing that the little kid trying to take Cam's job in those play60 commercials is better than Charlie Batch

squicken

Remind of what Rivers did when he had talent on the team besides basically nothing in the playoffs...For some bizarre reason he could beat Peyton though.

Not being as good as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning isn't a giant crime. Also all of Brady and Manning(s) SB runs came on the backs of great defensive performances in the playoffs. Did SD ever get one of those streaks of great defense in the playoffs?

edit: how did he get banned? He's like the most pleasant and inoffensive poster in this thread

Top Bottom