• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

MechDX

And what a whoopin that was.

andre-johnson-beats-courtland-o.gif

Damn I love Dre.

Bowser

Rick Reilly takes a shot at Cam, Panthers fire back

Well, Rick Reilly appears to have gotten this one first on Twitter as well.

Whether it’s true or not is a matter for debate.

Hours after the Panthers beat the Eagles Monday night, Reilly took a shot at Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, accusing him of dawdling, apparently as evidence of a diva attitude.

“Cam Newton is really quick, until it’s time to get dressed,” Reilly tweeted yesterday morning. “Took him 54 minutes last night. Then did media. Team waited on bus for 40 mins.”

Well, it wasn’t a Steve Young bro-stare, but the Panthers have given Reilly the stink-eye.

Panthers assistant director of communications Steven Drummond tweeted out a denial today.

“. @ReillyRick report that Cam had team wait 40 minutes on bus is completely false,” Drummond wrote. “Cam wasn’t even the last player out of the locker room.”

“. @ReillyRick Cam also took time to meet with @Eagles clubhouse equipment guys after meeting with media,” Drummond added in another tweet. “He signed their Wall of Fame.”

Newton’s become an easy target, especially for people who made up their mind about him when he left Florida. The whole “icon and entertainer,” comment didn’t help, and neither does the fact he plays for a mid-market team with a 3-8 record.

And when the message is coming from a team PR staffer, you expect a passionate defense of a player.

Sort of like you expect Reilly, once known as one of the most talented sports columnists ever, to not have become a ridiculous and embarrassing caricature of himself.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/28/rick-reilly-takes-a-shot-at-cam-panthers-fire-back/

:jnc at the last line

Fantomex

I'll try starting on Brotherhood, I'm sure my nephew will let me borrow it.

Andre Johnson is like that one dude in high school who was really quiet and minded his own business, and one day that Bully kid tried to clown him and all hell broke loose.
KuGsj.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'll try starting on Brotherhood, I'm sure my nephew will let me borrow it.

Andre Johnson is like that one dude in high school who was really quite and minded his own business, and one day that Bully kid tried to clown him and all hell broke loose.
KuGsj.gif

AC2 is really the best one to start with. Then play Bro. I never played Revelations and I hear I didn't miss a whole heck of a lot plotwise.

wienke said:
AC2 is really the best one to start with. Then play Bro. I never played Revelations and I hear I didn't miss a whole heck of a lot plotwise.
Correct. Watch a synopsis for the first game (which is BRUTAL to play through. Seriously, it's as tedious as gaming gets). Play AC2, Brotherhood and then synopsis for Revelations which forgettable.

Also, 30K fine for Suh for the dick kick:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Confirming that $30k fine for Suh

No apology coming as he didn't do anything wrong!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...apologize-to-schaub-says-kick-was-accidental/

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh says he won’t apologize to Texans quarterback Matt Schaub after Suh’s foot met Schaub’s groin on Thanksgiving.

According to Suh, who on Wednesday talked to reporters for the first time since the incident, he was simply falling awkwardly and his foot ended up in the place where Schaub would least want it.

“I was being dragged to the ground and my foot inadvertently hit the man,” Suh said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.

Although Schaub said afterward that Suh doesn’t play the game the right way, Suh said today that “It’s part of the game.”

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ahh yeah I forget who lives where. I wonder if JNC came down hahaha

In a season like this (as if this is any different than any other season) where we're out of playoff contention, tickets will be pretty cheap and easy to find just messing around the stadium area or tailgate areas. You'll see no shortage of people yelling TICKETTTTS!

If youre looking for the true tailgate experience, head to the Muni Lot. Drunken debauchery at its finest. Last week I saw a car get assualted with eggs, pizza, beer, saliva, who knows what else. I also saw a car on fire. Good times.

And no, youre pretty safe around the stadium/downtown area. Like up until about East 17th or so. Anywhere east of that till about E.185th can be kinda rough.

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking forward to going even though I may freeze out there. It'll be my first Browns game.

Correct. Watch a synopsis for the first game (which is BRUTAL to play through. Seriously, it's as tedious as gaming gets). Play AC2, Brotherhood and then synopsis for Revelations which forgettable.
I just picked up ACIII on Black Friday, looking forward to getting into it sometime soon. I've played all the others.

The original AC was really one of those "you had to be there" games, in my opinion. At the time there was so much about it that impressed me like the free running and the massive sprawling cities that I was able to get some enjoyment out of it, but nowadays with how far open world games have come I wouldn't suggest it to anyone. It was basically the same thing nine times with VERY slight variation, and there wasn't nearly enough to do in the world. Still, it impressed me in a lot of ways at the time and I don't regret playing it.

Fantomex

I'm gonna try all of them, even the old Assassins. But I fear it's gonna turn out like when I tell friends that FF7 was an awesome game and they should try it. Most of them quit during the railroad scene because, well, it looks and plays like crap now.

Some of the older games are "You had to be there".

krzy123

The first AC is ok, I beat it in ~9hrs (only did side missions until i maxed sync). The chase portions after assassinations to the hideout were the standout parts for me. Albeit I played it last year and missed the release hype. I'm playing AC2 right now, i like the more structured mission structure, but kinda miss that chase part.

Slo

So most likely landing spots for Alexis?

-New York
-Philly
-Arizona
-Minney
-Seattle (???)

Edit: KC, Oakland

exarkun

holy shit mech, you worked somewhere for 17 years? Thats longer than I have been able to remember things.

Either way, congrats man! Hope you tear it up.

etiolate

Banned
What I don't like about this is that Kaep has to play great every game now. If he falters then there's calls for Alex. I don't think you win the super bowl with rotating QBs.

The whole "hot hand" thing is so stupid.

"Flynn really tore it up this week so we're going with him. I'm sure Aaron Rodgers won't mind."

What he really wants to say is that he thinks Kaep is better.

The_Darkest_Red said:
Don't want to alienate the previous starter in case you made the wrong decision. Harbaugh hedging...

Should be interesting to see the reaction from Harbs if Kaepernick shits the bed from here on out. Though he's got plenty of cushion with the Niners run game and the defense playing the way it is. If the offense becomes more pass oriented though and the turnovers start coming....

What I don't like about this is that Kaep has to play great every game now. If he falters then there's calls for Alex. I don't think you win the super bowl with rotating QBs.

It's a gutsy move, for sure.

With more tape will teams figure Kaep out?
I recall scouting reports on him coming into the NFL mentioned his nervous feet in the pocket, accuracy issues, & leadership concerns.
I mean, he's still basically a rookie and was graded much lower coming out of college than guys like Gabbert, Ponder, & Dalton.

Two games (albeit against good teams) just doesn't seem like a big enough sample size to piss in the Cheerios of the guy that has 'game-managed' pretty well in the last two seasons.

MechDX

"It was an accident."

When karma comes calling and someone rolls Staffords knee Im sure it will just be an "accident."

"Flynn really tore it up this week so we're going with him. I'm sure Aaron Rodgers won't mind."

New head coaches always want to have their own quarterback. Jim drafted Kaepernick in his first year, he was just waiting for the excuse to kick Alex Smith to the curb.

MechDX

Tate must really be in Kubiaks doghouse. He returns this week as the 3rd stringer behind Forsett.

Either that or he is pissing Tate off and he runs rough shot over the Pats D in two weeks.

We would've repeated had Matt "The Truth" Flynn stayed at the helm. Now he's playing second fiddle on Cheatin' Pete's team.

LevelNth

Banned
Don't want to alienate the previous starter in case you made the wrong decision. Harbaugh hedging...

Should be interesting to see the reaction from Harbs if Kaepernick shits the bed from here on out. Though he's got plenty of cushion with the Niners run game and the defense playing the way it is. If the offense becomes more pass oriented though and the turnovers start coming....
Why anyone who watches football would think for a second this would happen boggles my mind.

We haven't won three games all year. Twice our defense was subpar (and we faced the unstoppable force that is Christian Ponder) and the other time our QB couldn't hack it and made three horrific decisions that resulted in interceptions, two inside our own 35 yard line.

Kap doesn't facilitate the offense needing to change. He is simply better at doing what our gameplan dictates right now, and allows that gameplan to have more diversity to it.

All of a sudden we're going to shift to a spread, pass first offense? You guys...

jmdajr

Tate must really be in Kubiaks doghouse. He returns this week as the 3rd stringer behind Forsett.

Either that or he is pissing Tate off and he runs rough shot over the Pats D in two weeks.

Dude Justin has the Texan's longest touchdown run in franchise History! That whole skill set involving playing until the whistle blows, come on. Even Foster has to watch out!

Top Bottom