• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ehh...I think if we go through another bad, tumultuous season like this next year, they might be able to pull the plug on him. But it'll be at least another failed head coach or two before Mayhew suffers that kind of fate (though honestly, I'm not convinced that he's nearly as much of a problem as the coaching staff is).

The problem is that next year we'll probably go 8-8 or close to it, just barely miss the playoffs, and that will be considered good enough for us to keep him around for another 2 years from there. Maybe if we're lucky we can get a few coordinators replaced in that time, but if Schwartz and his current attitude remains at the helm, I don't think it will matter much.

Mayhew has had 3 years to improve this secondary and has failed miserably. He's just as much at fault.

zero_suit

So basically the Falcons just clinched home field advantage. No way we lose three out of the next four games with @ Carolina, NYG, @ Detroit, and Tampa Bay. Two of those teams are going be phoning it in.

Peyton threw a lot of ints his first year as well. I'm sure Luck will take control of that issue next year.
It doesn't matter if ATL has homefield..

Kiryu

It's funny how a Rookie QB like Russel Wilson only throws 8 int in the whole season. (8 int is in away game and 0 at home!)

NawidA

Banned
I feel like the Lions need better coaching and a solid corner. I feel like you could get Asomugha for a bargain right now.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

matt-schaub-scary-face-bp.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I feel like the Lions need better coaching and a solid corner. I feel like you could get Asomugha for a bargain right now.

Yeah we should've traded for Asante Samuel last offseason.

Honest to God we're a couple of draft pieces away from being one of the leagues best teams. Shitty coaching decisions, lack of discipline, bad LUCK and a shitty secondary have killed us this year.

Nnamdi would be a great pickup for a 3 rounder or so.

eznark

Banned

Honest to God we're a couple of draft pieces away from being one of the leagues best teams. Shitty coaching decisions, lack of discipline, bad LUCK and a shitty secondary have killed us this year.

Next year is always the Lions year!

Doorman

Lions fans we need to stop this "Fire Mayhew" nonsense. Martin Mayhew has been one of the best GMs since he came into the league.

Guy knows talent, has been great in the draft and has made some great trades and free agent acquisitions.

The talent is all there, and with one more solid draft there should be no reason we can't be Super Bowl contenders. The lack of discipline and consistency comes down to the coaching staff, and no one else.
No.

Maybe he can pick out talent, but what the hell good does that do if none of the talent actually fucking plays for us? Best is done, Delmas is practically a no-show with how often he's injured, Titus just got nuked by his own team, Pettigrew is inconsistent at best, he hasn't drafted any young quality in the defensive back 7 and didn't address the offensive line issues aside from grabbing Riley Reiff this year who's been more of a blocking tight end if anything. I'm not saying to fire the guy yet, but criticizing him is more than fair.

Mayhew has had 3 years to improve this secondary and has failed miserably. He's just as much at fault.
The team is more than the secondary. A part of the problem is the fact that out secondary seems to get decimated by injuries like clockwork every year, and you can say that we haven't put up enough adequate depth yet. They tried to do that this year, though again they all got hurt. Mayhew can't fill every hole on this team with first-round picks. It falls on the coaching staff to get these guys conditioned mentally and physically for the game, and put together schemes to emphasize strengths and minimize weak links.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Man if anything Dick Jauron needs to be kept on next year.

edit: Palmer doing his best Weeden impression there.

My guess is some team will give the Eagles a 6th or 7th round pick for him before they would have cut him. No fucking way could they get a 3rd for him with his remaining contract.

Top Bottom