• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

MechDX

Madden curse.

Boo fucking hoo. How were Suh and other Lions supposed to know Eric Winston was hurt? He was talking shit (being a hyped USC grad) got hurt and all of the sudden he's innocent? Its football dude. People will talk shit and people will get hurt. Thats the nature of the game.

How can Lions fans keep defending this assclown? EVERYONE who follows the league can see he is a mindless, homicidal idiot and they cant. Mind boggling.

squicken

Madden curse.

Boo fucking hoo. How were Suh and other Lions supposed to know Eric Winston was hurt? He was talking shit (being a hyped USC grad) got hurt and all of the sudden he's innocent? Its football dude. People will talk shit and people will get hurt. Thats the nature of the game.

Eric Winston went to the University of Miami. But he plays for the Chiefs. Winston Justice plays for the Colts, he went to USC. Can you link me to where he was talking shit?

Madden curse.

you're a clown.

Hello Candice

Hello indeed.

amd_candice_crawford.jpg

tony-romo-candice-crawford-bikini-2.jpg

143532616.jpg

harSon

Banned
Ike Taylor is out 2 to 6 weeks... Every time something becomes an area of strength for us, a player from that portion of our team gets injured. Figures he gets injured the day polamalu comes back...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
How can Lions fans keep defending this assclown? EVERYONE who follows the league can see he is a mindless, homicidal idiot and they cant. Mind boggling.

Not all Lion fans support Suh because of some of his perceived character issues. All I know if he's one of the best defensive lineman in the league, and offenses gameplan around him. A player of his caliber comes around rarely.

Eric Winston went to the University of Miami. But he plays for the Chiefs. Winston Justice plays for the Colts, he went to USC. Can you link me to where he was talking shit?

I got him mixed up with Winston Justice. Despite being from the U or USC he's almost guaranteed to be a entitled douchebag.

The trenches where the offensive line and defensive line battle is an ugly place where a lot of trash gets thrown literally. Its part of the game dude, EVERYONE does it.

cajunator

Banned
I havent actually ordered anything yet, so its not too late to find another brand, but finding the same specs might be difficult.
To note I am trying to aim for 1000$ or a little above/below. Thats not too bad for what Im after.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Since NFLGAF wants to go on the daily Suh nonsense hype you guys should check out this recent article:

nfl_a_suh_576.jpg

Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has drawn attention to himself with his dirty play on the field, which followed an offseason of questionable behavior off of it. The chorus of Suh enthusiasts has shrunk since his rookie campaign, in which he was a dominant force, earning All-Pro recognition and totaling 66 tackles to go along with 10 sacks.

And although it has become impossible to debate his track record of misbehavior, some also have posited that Suh no longer plays the game at an elite level. From a simple statistical gauge, his numbers have been curtailed since his rookie season in 2010. He has managed just 20 tackles and 4.5 sacks through 11 games this season, and the Lions' defense has not resembled the aggressive, opportunistic group it was in 2011.

But a careful examination of his film suggests a much different story.
Suh aligns primarily as a "2" technique in the Lions' base defense, which has him shaded to the inside shoulder of the offense's right guard. In sub-defense situations, he kicks out to a "3" technique (to the outside shoulder of the guard). In both alignments, Suh displays the overwhelming strength that helped him become the No. 2 pick in 2010, especially in his upper half, where he shows an explosive strike with his forearms to rid himself of blocks.
Suh isn't often asked to serve as a gap penetrator, which could explain some of his inferior production compared with previous seasons. He is, however, being used to take on regular double-teams as a space-eater to free up room for his linebackers to run, comparable to other defensive line anchors around the league. He's showing a very good willingness to take on such an assignment, as well as good playing strength through his hips to hold his ground and not be pushed backward.

In instances when Suh is blocked by just one opposing lineman, he has shown the ability to walk over his blocker and drive him into the backfield. He also displays very good quickness to escape blocks, plus a good short-area burst to close on a quarterback or running back.

The reason his play is being characterized by some as declining is because Suh has taken on a more selfless role in Detroit's scheme. Much of his effort from play to play goes unnoticed in the stat sheet but makes Detroit a better defense.
Suh said as much in a recent interview with ESPN.com's David Fleming, describing a recent game when his impact was not captured through numbers.
"It's like last week against Minnesota: I was only registered as having one tackle," Suh said. "You can even take that tackle away and I still had a tremendous impact on the game. People in the outside world, people who don't really understand the position, you just have to take it with a grain of salt when they say things like 'Suh didn't have any tackles!' You just gotta roll with the punches on that one. It's tough for me, it's tough to swallow."

Pro Football Focus ranked Suh as the second-best defensive tackle in Week 12 (trailing only Geno Atkins of the Bengals), and ranks him as the eighth-best defensive tackle overall in 2012.

That places him much higher up PFF's rankings than his 2011 spot at No. 48, and even well ahead of his rookie season, when he checked in at No. 24.

Although Suh has work to do to prove that he can control his actions on the field, there's no reason to believe that poor play has correlated with his behavior. He has a rare physical package that allows him to dominate in ways that don't always show up in the box score. He attracts attention from other Lions defensive linemen, which likely helps explain the breakout of second-year defensive tackle Nick Fairley.
Suh is a lightning rod for water-cooler conversation, but he remains among the league's elite interior defensive linemen.

brentech

Been awhile since I shopped for a tv. I thought Panny plasmas were awesome? I remember loving the PQ or my friend a few years back.

When I was doing research for the TV I just ordered, I think I did read that Panasonic plasmas were basically the way to go if choosing a plasma.

I've just never liked plasma myself...have a few LCDs at home now, and decided to go the LED route on the new one.

squicken

Not all Lion fans support Suh because of some of his perceived character issues. All I know if he's one of the best defensive lineman in the league, and offenses gameplan around him. A player of his caliber comes around rarely.

I got him mixed up with Winston Justice. Despite being from the U or USC he's almost guaranteed to be a entitled douchebag.

The trenches where the offensive line and defensive line battle is an ugly place where a lot of trash gets thrown literally. Its part of the game dude, EVERYONE does it.

alright you got me. for some reason i thought you were serious until now

cajunator

Banned
I dont want a plasma either. Heard things about the reliability.
SO what are the issues yall had with Vizio? As I said my parents never had issues. Maybe the new ones are better?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Really? Trash literally gets thrown?

Trash means punches and kicks being thrown after the whistle is blown. Happens every play which I why I've always said the Suh Stomp from Thanksgiving was not a big deal.

And trash via words where ugly stuff is said about any topic imaginable.

It happened in Pee Wee football when I played. Its an age-old part of the game, like fighting is to hockey.

Trash means punches and kicks being thrown after the whistle is blown. Happens every play which I why I've always said the Suh Stomp from Thanksgiving was not a big deal.

And trash via words where ugly stuff is said about any topic imaginable.

That word, it does not mean what you think it means.

It happened in Pee Wee football when I played
Its an age-old part of the game, like fighting is to hockey.

Was this like 2 years ago? It would explain a lot.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I dont want a plasma either. Heard things about the reliability.
SO what are the issues yall had with Vizio? As I said my parents never had issues. Maybe the new ones are better?

My screen went out and I only got sound. It cost more to fix than buying a new tv lol

Top Bottom