• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

PBY

Banned
I usually can't stand Costas or his grandstanding... but I think he was right. Appropriate? Maybe not. But I think hes right

Enron

Banned
Holy fucking shit, Bob Costas. What.

Never let a good tragedy go to waste, I guess. Disgusting. I can't imagine NBC signing off on that.

Tamanon

Banned
Since NFLGAF wants to go on the daily Suh nonsense hype you guys should check out this recent article:

nfl_a_suh_576.jpg

Detroit is currently giving up 1.5 more points a game compared to last season(26.25 versus 24.8). I'm not sure I would characterize their defense as improved.

Rorschach

Costas with the A+ troll. I really wish he would have ended it with "trust me: I played football." Makes his argument infallible.

PBY

Banned
Someone had to say it.

The more I think about it- and I DO applaud it, see my above post, I agree with him- I HOPE it wasn't given to him by the NFL to put the emphasis on the guns over concussion stuff. (Not blaming CTE, just more that I don't know, and I don't think learning/finding out more about it is a bad thing)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
What did Costas say? can someone summarize?

He basically used Belcher's murder-suicide as a platform for describing the gun problem in the US. I have to say that pretty courageous of him to say this, considering how much clout the gun lobbies have in this country.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NO, because its the same tired argument.
Its always the guns fault, never the person.

You're right, it's not the gun's fault. At the same time someone who would do something like that shouldn't be able to get their hands on a gun in the first place, it just way too easy to get one in certain parts of the country. That said, lets all laugh at how shit Romo and the Cowboys are now.

Top Bottom