• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

squicken

There's no TV angle that shows what Suh did or didn't do on the interception, but it clearly pissed the Colts off. Fired up the defense in a 33-21 game. Lions stopped scoring. Colts didn't

He was the proprietor of the Wide 9 too, which has been an unmitigated disaster for them.

I thought the D wasn't that awful under Castillo? It never goes well when an old team goes bad, and it's not like DRC and Nnamdi are busting their asses either. Reid kind of ignored the whole Football IQ thing with guys like Babin and DRC. Those guys will shut it down when it goes bad, or start blaming others

There's no TV angle that shows what Suh did or didn't do on the interception, but it clearly pissed the Colts off. Fired up the defense in a 33-21 game. Lions stopped scoring. Colts didn't

I thought the D wasn't that awful under Castillo? It never goes well when an old team goes bad, and it's not like DRC and Nnamdi are busting their asses either. Reid kind of ignored the whole Football IQ thing with guys like Babin and DRC. Those guys will shut it down when it goes bad, or start blaming others

From watching it on high it worked for them well last year, but this year it took a turn that they never recovered from.

That PFT article made a good point as well - Washburn was hired ahead of the defensive co-ordinator which tied his hands.

From James Walker at ESPN:

Sunday’s loss against New England -- the longtime kings of the AFC East -- provided the perfect blueprint of what the Dolphins need. For starters, Miami lacked the offensive firepower to keep pace with New England.
For starters, Brandon Fields needs to catch the ball before he punts during the first minute and a half of the game so NE doesn't get the ball inside Miami's 20.

For starters, when the Dolphins have a pick-six guys shouldn't be throwing illegal blocks 10 yards behind the play on a guy who has no chance of making a tackle.

For starters, when the Dolphins hold the Pats to a punt they shouldn't run into the punter with a full head of steam for a personal foul penalty that keeps that Pats offense on the field (on a drive that leads to a TD).

But yeah, the offense looked a little flat.

What I saw walking into work this morning:

qseKM.jpg

jmdajr

So Pats superbowl is next Monday? Awesome!

Man what a game! I'm too hyped.

Anyhow, lets take a look at what current Playoff contenders (seed 1-6) some of these teams have beat.

Texans- Broncos, Ravens, Bears
Patriots- Broncos, Colts
Ravens - Patriots, Steelers
Broncos - Steelers
Colts - Green Bay
Steelers - Ravens

For starters, Brandon Fields needs to catch the ball before he punts during the first minute and a half of the game so NE doesn't get the ball inside Miami's 20.

For starters, when the Dolphins have a pick-six guys shouldn't be throwing illegal blocks 10 yards behind the play on a guy who has no chance of making a tackle.

For starters, when the Dolphins hold the Pats to a punt they shouldn't run into the punter with a full head of steam for a personal foul penalty that keeps that Pats offense on the field (on a drive that leads to a TD).

Your best Wide Receiver is Brian Hartline.

Eagles are the 2nd youngest team in the league behind TB. They are not an old team by any means. Sounds like Washburn was fired for running his mouth after Babin was cut and because Bowles doesnt like having to run the wide 9.

Your best Wide Receiver is Brian Hartline.
I'm not saying Walker isn't right, just that in this particular game there were some other very stupid mistakes that more likely made the difference. For the most part the offense played poorly but it was only a 7 point loss. I'm just venting my frustration at all the stupid mistakes the team made.

The general consensus before yesterday's game was that the Dolphins couldn't win unless they played a perfect game. Knowing that, and then seeing them botch a punt less than a minute into the game, was a little frustrating.

Wrayfield

The Fields thing was stupid, yeah, but no single mistake makes up for a lack of production. Tannehill overthrew and underthrew Hartline more than twice. He obviously needs to improve and I think he will. At the same time, how many times does Welker drop a TD pass like the one last night? So at the end of it all, the collective effort isn't there.

I would've loved more varied playcalling, but I guess it's not easy with a rookie QB and Jake Long out of the game. Still think we should've run more, tire Wilfork for the fourth quarter. We give up on the run too quickly.

Overall, it's a shame, I really think the Pats can be beaten. Not easy but not that hard, you know? It's a shame no team in our division steps up. I am not expecting division titles right away, just more competitiveness. More aggressive playcalling, something, anything.

The Fields thing was stupid, yeah, but no single mistake makes up for a lack of production. Tannehill overthrew and underthrew Hartline more than twice. He obviously needs to improve and I think he will. At the same time, how many times does Welker drop a TD pass like the one last night? So at the end of it all, the collective effort isn't there.

I would've loved more varied playcalling, but I guess it's not easy with a rookie QB and Jake Long out of the game. Still think we should've run more, tire Wilfork for the fourth quarter. We give up on the run too quickly.

Overall, it's a shame, I really think the Pats can be beaten. Not easy but not that hard, you know? It's a shame no team in our division steps up. I am not expecting division titles right away, just more competitiveness. More aggressive playcalling, something, anything.
Yeah, I agree. The offense is pretty bad right now, no doubt about it, and those two missed throws to Hartline in particular were killers. The fumble was also very costly, although I think that's at least as much of an o-line issue as Tannehill's. At least he didn't have any picks, though.

Also, was Odrick out on the Pat's last drive of the game? I noticed he went down earlier and he's a huge part of our run stopping D so I was wondering if that was a factor on that last killer drive.

Dude, your team is the Miami Dolphins. When was the last time somebody even cared about how terrible your team's been?
So wait, are you arguing that the Steelers are a better team to cheer for because they have more bandwagon fans interested in their ineptitude?

eznark

Banned
"They're going to hype who they're going to hype, and you're in the Seattle market, and it doesn't matter what you do," Sherman said, referring to Luck and Griffin, the top two picks in this year's NFL draft, as opposed to Wilson, a third rounder. "He's beat the Bears, the Packers, the Patriots. You show me another quarterback with his resume, and I'll show you a great quarterback. But he doesn't get the credit because they don't want to give him the credit. They don't want to make him a big name. They make the guys a big name who they want to make a big name.

"He's a great quarterback, and he's probably a little better than those guys."

63% completion rate, 19 touchdowns, 8 interceptions. Garbage ass wide receivers. No tight end.

Wilson > Luck

eznark

Banned
It's the eznark definition. As in, both my team and your team are going to end up in the same place at the end of this season; sitting at home watching someone else hoist the Lombardi trophy.

Also, 8 fumbles in a single game.

Mine too! We all suck. All hail our Seahawk overlords.

Wrayfield

Yeah, I agree. The offense is pretty bad right now, no doubt about it, and those two missed throws to Hartline in particular were killers. The fumble was also very costly, although I think that's at least as much of an o-line issue as Tannehill's. At least he didn't have any picks, though.

Also, was Odrick out on the Pat's last drive of the game? I noticed he went down earlier and he's a huge part of our run stopping D so I was wondering if that was a factor on that last killer drive.

So wait, are you arguing that the Steelers are a better team to cheer for because they have more bandwagon fans interested in their ineptitude?

Yeah, not much you can do with the fumble, it's on the blockers. The overthrows have to stop. Pats pass D is still very suspect, even Hartline beat them several times. It would've made the game closer, but it is what it is.

I don't remember, saw Starks go down early in the game and that scared me more. I think Ridley is actually a shifty little fucker. He did pretty well and by then our line was tired. So kudos to them how they grinded it out, respect, it ain't easy against our D line.

bionic77

It's the eznark definition. As in, both my team and your team are going to end up in the same place at the end of this season; sitting at home watching someone else hoist the Lombardi trophy.

Also, 8 fumbles in a single game.
You act like that is a bad thing.

As a Phins fan or whatever horrible team you root for you obviously don't watch the playoffs very closely, but it is exactly the teams with embarassing losses like ours to the Browns and Raiders that usually hoist the trophy.

Show me another potential playoff team with as many embarassing regular season losses as us?

We are clearly the favorite this year and that is causing a lot of people severe butthurt.

K-19

Banned
Tough loss last night, but I still confident for the next weeks. Kap has to improve, nobody said the contrary, and rams set perfectly its defense, they won, it's ok. Harbs has to work with Kap till the end, Smith must stay where he is. There is a lot of task ahead, like for every team, to get perfect. I am confident that the issues will be resolve and that the future will be more successful. Believe.

As a Phins fan or whatever horrible team you root for you obviously don't watch the playoffs very closely, but it is exactly the teams with embarassing losses like ours to the Browns and Raiders that usually hoist the trophy.

Show me another potential playoff team with as many embarassing regular season losses as us?

We are clearly the favorite this year and that is causing a lot of people severe butthurt.

Uhm, we lost to the Cardinals (at home), The Seahawks(with a last minute drive) and The Ravens (With Flacco). We are the clear Super Bowl favorites.

If you guys had pulled off that loss to Kansas City I might be on board, but you blew it. And in overtime, no less! I have a hard time believing a real contender wouldn't be able to pull through under those circumstances.

And what is this "playoffs" word you speak of?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Tough loss last night, but I still confident for the next weeks. Kap has to improve, nobody said the contrary, and rams set perfectly its defense, they won, it's ok. Harbs has to work with Kap till the end, Smith must stay where he is. There is a lot of task ahead, like for every team, to get perfect. I am confident that the issues will be resolve and that the future will be more successful. Believe.

Why?

Do you really think the 49ers can't win a SB with Alex Smith? He's completed 70% of his passes this year. His team was 25-1 in his last 26 starts.

Feel like the narrative for Alex Smith is so, so different if Kyle Williams didn't choke away a super bowl appearance last season.

bionic77

Uhm, we lost to the Cardinals (at home), The Seahawks(with a last minute drive) and The Ravens (With Flacco). We are the clear Super Bowl favorites.
:lol

Don't even try to get in on this. You are the 2 seed and have homefield and a bye. Your team also runs up the score every chance it gets.

If you guys had pulled off that loss to Kansas City I might be on board, but you blew it. And in overtime, no less! I have a hard time believing a real contender wouldn't be able to pull through under those circumstances.

And what is this "playoffs" word you speak of?
If you take the field often enough then sometimes bad things can happen. I would have pretty much gotten a reservation for the parade had we lost to the Ravens or Chiefs and gotten to 6-6, but such is life. Not everything is always so easy. We will have to deal with 7-5 and hope that our record against the Raiders and Browns is going to be enough. That and the hope that Ben comes back healthy.

squicken

Don't go in for that nonsense. Your team can have a good year as it moves back to respectability. It's a tough loss but you hung tough with the Pats and have a pretty good idea where you need to improve in order to win

bionic77

Why?

Do you really think the 49ers can't win a SB with Alex Smith? He's completed 70% of his passes this year. His team was 25-1 in his last 26 starts.

Feel like the narrative for Alex Smith is so, so different if Kyle Williams didn't choke away a super bowl appearance last season.
It would be so hilarious is Harbs starts Alex this week.

:lol he would be such a bitch ass flip flopper!

Alex come to Pittsburgh for less money and earn your first SB ring as a backup. We will treat you right here and you will caddy for no man.

Don't go in for that nonsense. Your team can have a good year as it moves back to respectability. It's a tough loss but you hung tough with the Pats and have a pretty good idea where you need to improve in order to win
No one is going to believe based on my past feelings on the Pats, but just like the Ravens their entire season is fools gold. They are going to get embarrassed in the playoffs if they play us and Ben is healthy.

true, but now I'm worried because the niners have one on their resume too.

Yeah, I know, I was only being half serious. I'm actually pretty satisfied with how the Dolphins season has gone and honestly I wasn't even too upset with yesterday's loss. I expected the Pats to put up at least 35 so seeing the Dolphins defense shut them down for most of the game was somewhat refreshing. And it's definitely nice to see the team taking the approach of building up with young talent instead of going out and blowing money on the semi-washed up star who will be irrelevant in two or three more years.

In the context of a rebuilding year this has been pretty good so far, and if the Dolphins can add some WR's and CB's/S's to the roster in the off-season they should be in a good spot to compete for the division next year.

bionic77

true, but now I'm worried because the niners have one on their resume too.
The Niners chance at a SB was over the second Harbs stabbed Alex in the back.

You can't win a SB if you don't even know who the fuck your starting qb should be. That is what rebuilding teams and the Jets do.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I would love nothing more than the Browns to beat you again last game of the season. I want your rage.

The Niners chance at a SB was over the second Harbs stabbed Alex in the back.

You can't win a SB if you don't even know who the fuck your starting qb should be. That is what rebuilding teams and the Jets do.
I wonder, has a team ever switched QB's this late in the season and won a SB with the replacement?

eznark

Banned
I wonder, has a team ever switched QB's this late in the season and won a SB with the replacement?
672773.jpg

Jacksonville and KC are the least fraudulent. They are exactly as bad as they portray themselves to be.

Falcons are the most fraudulent because they are terrible.

bionic77

Who is the Least fraudulent and Most fraudulent team in the NFL?
Most fraudulent are the Falcons, Pats and Ravens (based on their records).

Least fraudulent is probably the Browns who try every week and are every bit as good as their record.

K-19

Banned
Why?

I think that we would be too far from winning or, more simply, too far from going to the SB if we were switching between Kap and Smith every week. The team need consistency, to know who is the real starter. I would say there is more a mental stake than a "who's the best" issue. They have a week to correct all the stuff that were wrong last night, I believe in Harbs cleverness and in Kap ability to improve. If we get a critical loss against miami, with Kap doing very bad things and a D outplaying him too much, ok, it would be more problematic and then it would be better to get Smith back. But here, there is no big doubt, we have to be focus and we'll succeed b/c we got the potential to do it so.

One more game, no more and we'll be fix.

eznark

Banned
I think that we would be too far from winning or, more simply, too far from going to the SB if we were switching between Kap and Smith every week. The team need consistency, to know who is the real starter. I would say there is more a mental stake than a "who's the best" issue. They have a week to correct all the stuff that were wrong last night, I believe in Harbs cleverness and in Kap ability to improve. If we get a critical loss against miami, with Kap doing very bad things and a D outplaying him too much, ok, it would be more problematic and then it would be better to get Smith back. But here, there is no big doubt, we have to be focus and we'll succeed b/c we got the potential to do it so.

One more game, no more and we'll be fix.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kaepernick in New England and in Seattle. Should be very interesting.

Top Bottom