• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

Average yards per run is very misleading as well (as with any stat). Just look at Reggie Bush. He runs 5 times for 2 yards, 4 yards, -2 yards, 3 yards, and 18 yards. Wow, 5 yards a carry! Not too shabby!

I'd much rather have a guy who does 5, 3, 4, 6, and 7.

You and me both. I would much rather play a guy that will at least get positive yards each carry and put the team in situations where they can run or pass on 2nd/3rd down. I hate when RBs dance in the back field and put the team in 2nd and 12. It just totally forces you to be 1 dimensional the following play for the most part.

You and me both. I would much rather play a guy that will at least get positive yards each carry and put the team in situations where they can run or pass on 2nd/3rd down. I hate when RBs dance in the back field and put the team in 2nd and 12. It just totally forces you to be 1 dimensional the following play for the most part.
Yep, and that style of running has been killing Tannehill this year. Way too many 2nd and 12, 2nd and 11, 2nd and 9 type situations thanks to Reggie Bush making 5 cuts before he gets back to the LoS.

eznark

Banned
Average yards per run is very misleading as well (as with any stat). Just look at Reggie Bush. He runs 5 times for 2 yards, 4 yards, -2 yards, 3 yards, and 18 yards. Wow, 5 yards a carry! Not too shabby!

I'd much rather have a guy who does 5, 3, 4, 6, and 7.

Definitely, however the style and situations in which the two teams run is generally comparable.

It is really hilarious to me that the Ravens have a guy like that (except even better) who is their MVP on offense and when they needed to chew up time and get some first downs late in the game they don't use him once and just put the game in Flacco's hands.

BLarry was probably ready to choke a bitch at that point.

But did you hear Flacco after the game? He felt they could have scored 30-40 points! That's right Joe, the Ravens could have, but instead they chose to have you throw the ball.

Definitely, however the style and situations in which the two teams run is generally comparable.
I'll take your word for it, don't feel like digging up stats on GB and NE's running backs, haha.

I will say that NE definitely succeeded in consistent downhill running on their last drive yesterday, though. They were picking up 5 yards on just about every run, it seemed.

Watching that Ravens game on sunday I actually felt bad for Ravens fans. They have a good record but they could be so much better. Why the fuck was Flacco passing deep in his own end like that? Once they had a 10 point lead on the Steelers they should have played it safe and just ran Rice. Everyone blames Flacco for turning it over and missing so many throws, but their playing was horrible. No way was Batch going to lead to long scoring drives in the 4th quarter. They totally turned a win into a loss just to stroke Flacco's ego.

Talon

For shame, Badjuhs.
From the Big10 blog:

The announced attendance for Saturday's game was just 41,260, or about 23,000 fewer fans than at last year's inaugural title game. Whole sections in the upper end zones and corners of Lucas Oil were empty, especially on the Wisconsin side. The Big Ten anticipated a smaller crowd than last year because of the unusual circumstances of the Badgers' season, but the league was hoping to cross the 50,000 mark through strong walk-up sales. By comparison, the ACC title game -- usually the butt of bad-attendance jokes -- drew 64,778 on Saturday.The Pac-12 title game between UCLA and Stanford was held at Stanford on Friday. The announced crowd: 31,622.

Awesome win last night. Really happy for Batch. Man did we need than win and man was it delicious to beat the Rats in their own stadium.

Jason Worilds is starting to excite me. It's like he's starting to "get" it. He'll be a great sub for Woodley when he takes his annual 6 game vacation.

Harrison is rounding into shape now and it couldn't have been in a better game. I'm hoping I was premature on my "washed up" claims. He looked great yesterday.

Troy was invisible, but it was to be expected. Good to see him running around out there though.

I think if this game proved anything it was the value of Ike Taylor. He completely removed Torrey Smith last game and surprise surprise Flacco didn't have an offensive touchdown. Word is dude has a broken fucking leg so we may not see him if/when the Steelers make the playoffs. His replacement, Cortez Allen, was actually pretty good in relief, but he made some rookie mistakes. Hopefully Ike and Booger will help him along.

That touchdown Rice ran for was on Keisel. Totally neglected to cover the backside. Dude is not having the best season.

Offense was good, but what the fuck is up with these uncontested fumbles? I really hope Sanders hasn't caught Wallace's disease.

We need Colon back desperately, and hopefully Decastro. Our entire run game depends on it.

Ben is supposed to be back next week. It'll be nice to get him back, but next game is against the Chargers, so I think we can deal with Batch once more if necessary.

Watching that Ravens game on sunday I actually felt bad for Ravens fans. They have a good record but they could be so much better. Why the fuck was Flacco passing deep in his own end like that? Once they had a 10 point lead on the Steelers they should have played it safe and just ran Rice. Everyone blames Flacco for turning it over and missing so many throws, but their playing was horrible. No way was Batch going to lead to long scoring drives in the 4th quarter. They totally turned a win into a loss just to stroke Cam's ego.

More accurate. I really don't know what else Rice can do to prove this offense runs through him, but I'm certainly not going to moan about a 9-3 record. Just Cam. Useless fuck.

Fingers crossed we don't stumble too bad in December and can get hot in January.

Tom Penny

I'll take your word for it, don't feel like digging up stats on GB and NE's running backs, haha.

I will say that NE definitely succeeded in consistent downhill running on their last drive yesterday, though. They were picking up 5 yards on just about every run, it seemed.

He earned that right. That clutch checkdown the week before was spectacular and set up a OT win for the Ravens.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have a feeling that the Ravens are going to regret not being able to help put away the Steelers for the season. Baltimore has a much harder schedule than Pittsburgh from here on out too. It's entirely possible for Pittsburgh to win out and for Baltimore to lose 3 of their next 4.

Luck is overrated. Don't care about his wins. A team doesn't go from 10-6 to 2-14 unless they tank, which is what the Colts did. It's nice that Luck is good enough to get that team to the record they have, and don't get me wrong, he's going to be a great player, but his stats are bad to middling.

He's not even the 2nd best quarterback in this draft right now--that's Russell Wilson. 95.2 rating, 19 touchdowns 8 ints. Great great great stats for a rook. And I don't care about what he has around him, the Seahawks are bad.

16 - 4 ratio for RGIII, nevermind his rushing stats, completion percentage, etc.

Luck - 17-16 TD to int ratio. Cmon now. That's dreck.

Don't know if it was posted but the Eagles have fired Jim Washburn:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/03/eagles-fire-jim-washburn/

This week, defensive line coach Jim Washburn has been, according to the team, “relieved of his duties.” The move comes only hours after the completion of the team’s eighth straight loss, to the Cowboys.

“Jim is a fine football coach and we appreciate the efforts he gave to this team over the past two years,” coach Andy Reid said. “However, I determined that it was in the team’s best interest that we move in a different direction in terms of trying to maximize the production of that position group. We look forward to having Tommy Brasher back on board to work with the defensive line.”

Yes, Tommy Brasher. The team’s defensive line coach in 1985 and from 1999 through 2005.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Players that play for performance tanked? I think that's a hugely overstated myth.

Peyton Manning is the MVP of forever and that team is hot garbage without a great quarterback.

RG3 entered into a far superior situation and is going to do better but guess what? Redskins probably aren't going to the playoffs.

Unless you honestly believe that the Colts had a better team than the Redskins outside the quarterback at the beginning of this year.

Tom Penny

Luck is overrated. Don't care about his wins. A team doesn't go from 10-6 to 2-14 unless they tank, which is what the Colts did. It's nice that Luck is good enough to get that team to the record they have, and don't get me wrong, he's going to be a great player, but his stats are bad to middling.

He's not even the 2nd best quarterback in this draft right now--that's Russell Wilson. 95.2 rating, 19 touchdowns 8 ints. Great great great stats for a rook. And I don't care about what he has around him, the Seahawks are bad.

16 - 4 ratio for RGIII, nevermind his rushing stats, completion percentage, etc.

Luck - 17-16 TD to int ratio. Cmon now. That's dreck.

No. It's all Andrew Luck. That is why they win. I remember Miami Going 1-15 then going 11-5 on Chad Penningtons arm...

Talon

I never understood why people worry about popular perception of their teams' players.

RGIII is having a great year. Andrew Luck is having a great year. The Little Badger is having a great year.

This is effectively System Warz about men in tights.

I never understood why people worry about popular perception of their teams' players.

RGIII is having a great year. Andrew Luck is having a great year. The Little Badger is having a great year.

he's not even having a great year though

in what world is 17-16 TD to ints, 9 fumbles and a 55% throwing percentage good.

what the hell

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

You just summed up all football discussion.

DeaconKnowledge said:
I really hope Sanders hasn't caught Wallace's disease.

Sanders can't catch much of anything right now so I wouldn't worry about that. Wallace looked easily more reliable out there, though I wonder why they have him on short routes all the time - didn't he excel previously as a deep threat? Is this just the Haley "I dunno" scheme?

MechDX

So Luck is the 360, RG III is the PS3 and Wilson is the Wii?

Chili

Luck's stats may be so-so but watching him play and some of the throws he makes, and at the time he makes them, can't be translated into stats and that's why people are deservedly so high on him (and I'm a Redskins fan).

The fact he managed to come back after what was a pretty terrible game and win is more than a lot of top quarterbacks would be able to do (eg. Newton, Cutler, Romo pouting on the sideline).

Luck's stats may be so-so but watching him play and some of the throws he makes, and at the time he makes them, can't be translated into stats and that's why people are deservedly so high on him (and I'm a Redskins fan).

The fact he managed to come back after what was a pretty terrible game and win is more than a lot of top quarterbacks would be able to do (eg. Newton, Cutler, Romo pouting on the sideline).

d02a3590fcf0ce617031e9b1a286279a.jpg

Talon

he's not even having a great year though

in what world is 17-16 TD to ints, 9 fumbles and a 55% throwing percentage good.

what the hell
Adjusting for Bruce Arians, that's MVP-esque numbers.
uh, this is pretty reductive. what is exactly is any type of sports argument?
Disagree. We have perfectly legitimate discussions about sports intermixed with LOL TAINTS!!!, WHERE'S THE EVIDENCE???? and YOU PEOPLE!

"The whole "X" player is not as good as you say he is!!!" conversation is pointless. Who gives a fuck? That's why they play the game. This isn't the BCS where the conversation and perception actually matters come January.

I have a feeling that the Ravens are going to regret not being able to help put away the Steelers for the season. Baltimore has a much harder schedule than Pittsburgh from here on out too. It's entirely possible for Pittsburgh to win out and for Baltimore to lose 3 of their next 4.

By rights, the Ravens should be on a 3 game losing streak. But they find ways to pull wins out of their asses. Which is what they'll probably be able to do for 2 out of their 4 remaining games. If the Steelers had back just 1 of the games they pissed away, I'd say they have a good shot at taking the division. But as it stands, going to take a Batch like miracle.

So Suh and the rest of the Lions defensive line have been accused of laughing and pointing at an injured player......again.

Classless idiots.

So any chance Flacco gets the boot this off season?

Right now it seems like Smith, Flynn, Skelton, Kolb, Sanchez and the usually journeyman suspects will be available in the offseason.

Tom Penny

Right now RGIII is offensive rookie of the year. Doesn't turn over the ball and is accurate and basically super efficient and is top 10 in rushing or something like that. Russell is 2nd best. He beat good teams is efficient and is the only player in NFL history to win a game throwing an INT. Then there is golden boy Luck. He's playing good but is over hyped. You should not be able to turn over the ball as much as he does and be basically 30th in QB rating and accuracy and get you knob bobbed on by the media like he has. If RGIII had Lucks stats he'd be considered a bum.

Top Bottom