• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 13 |OT| My Favorite Things

bionic77

viking-biking.jpg
Vick plus Peterson equals greatest running attack in NFL history!

That could actually work (assuming Vick still has his wheels and is not washed up).

eznark

Banned
Dream Team! Those always work.

Luck is obviously mobile, but I have not seen him do some of the magic act shit that Ben was doing from day one. Where it looks like it has disaster written all over it, and somehow he evades the pressure and throws the ball downfield for a 40 yard strike. He can definitely run for yardages though and roll out.

And it is weird, Ben is listed as being bigger than Luck, but somehow Luck looks gigantic to me on tv. Maybe I am just overly active with my imagination and somehow imagine him to be a giant monster (because of his facial condition), but if those numbers are right then Ben is slightly bigger than Luck.

Ben is a lot bigger than Luck. Ben is listed at 240 and is probably 270. Luck is listed at 230 and is probably close to 220.

Talon

Were this common in the past NFL years to have as many QB problems as this season had and still have?
Are you kidding? It was way, way worse in the 90s and 2000s. Fucking Daunte Culpepper was a MVP candidate one year!

Reposting:

Damn, there are going to be a lot of mediocre coaches hired come the offseason. Look at potential vacancies going forward:

Definitely:
Kansas City
Carolina
Philadelphia
San Diego
Cleveland
Tennessee (based on Bud's "embarrassed" comments)

Probably (only because the Owners might not give a damn):
Arizona
Oakland
Buffalo

Possibly:
Jacksonville (Only Mularkey's 1st year, and he was hired by this regime)
Minnesota (Ponderous)
Dallas

eznark

Banned
I think Schwartz is just as likely to get fired as Frazier. They seem to really like him and Ponder is taking ALL of the heat.

I've read numerous times here that both guys have garbage supporting casts

Seattle has terrible receivers and tight ends. Washington is mediocre at both positions (injuries have made them mediocre to bad).

Talon

Seattle has terrible receivers and tight ends. Washington is mediocre at both positions (injuries have made them mediocre to bad).
Washington has worse receivers than Seattle, IMO, considering Garcon has been out most of the year.

Josh Morgan, old ass Santana Moss, who the fuck is Niles Paul? Who's even playing tight end for Washington after Davis went down over a month ago?

Sidney Rice is average. Golden Tate is apparently magical. Miller is average.

Franchie said:
Is there every season as many QBs problems, controversies etc ... as now?
Ah I understand now. Yes, there's always the usual suspects still trying to find an answer at QB. I suppose you could say that 3-4 rookie QB's playing well in the league is an anomaly but eh, over the past few years we've had these situations where young guys come into the league and have success (Ryan/Flacco a few years ago, Cam last season).

I personally prefer to wait until year two to see whether any of these guys are what we say they are. The league has a way of adjusting and the sophomore year is usually more telling...

Pierre Garcon is still a great receiver. When he's 100%, he is their number one threat. Moss
is capable when he wants to be. However, I think, primarily, it's their defense that has been costing them games. If they can build a healthy defense to rival Dallas and New York, then they'll be able to compete every year.

n4Cbw.jpg

"Hey Mikey, room for one more!"

Jet's will cut Tebow.

squicken

I think Schwartz is just as likely to get fired as Frazier. They seem to really like him and Ponder is taking ALL of the heat.

I disagree with that eval on SEA's WRs (Rice is a good #2 for most teams) but there's more to a supporting cast than just WRs. If Dallas tried some of that elaborate backfield action that WAS runs, Romo would get sacked before the first fake

eznark

Banned
Yeah, and like I said, I've never heard anyone say the offensive line in Seattle is bad. They are good. Same with Washington. Though they are much better in run scheming than pass pro.

Luck turned a mediocre Reggie Wayne into a good receiver.

After he single handedly beat the Packers I'm off the stat-head "Reggie Wayne stinks" meme.

Washington has worse receivers than Seattle, IMO, considering Garcon has been out most of the year.

Josh Morgan, old ass Santana Moss, who the fuck is Niles Paul? Who's even playing tight end for Washington after Davis went down over a month ago?

I think we're arguing about whose shit smells worse if we compare skill players on those teams.

Talon

Pierre Garcon is still a great receiver. When he's 100%, he is their number one threat. Moss
is capable when he wants to be. However, I think, primarily, it's their defense that has been costing them games. If they can build a healthy defense to rival Dallas and New York, then they'll be able to compete every year.
No team in this league could survive their two best pass rushers (plus a key reserve) being out for the season.
I think we're arguing about whose shit smells worse if we compare skill players on those teams.
More like which Washington is more Washington.

About the only thing that bugs me on it is when people start talking like SEA and WAS have this awful surrounding cast for those two guys. If you think WAS and SEA have bad lines and bad run games then you don't watch football

The Receiver core minus Garcon has been about as bad it can really get. Secondary is one of the worst in the league for sure.

Our o line has exceeded expectations. Can't tell how good the run blocking is...Morris makes a lot of shit happen that the backups can't replicate at all.

The Colts have a better defense. Probably not next year after the draft and we get healthy, but for now you guys are like 8 spots better. When you are second to last in passing defense it's nearly impossible to win games, but hopefully we'll be .500 tonight.

Chili

Sidney Rice is average. Golden Tate is apparently magical. Miller is average.

His name is Logan Paulsen.

Niles Paul was apparently such a great blocking receiver, Shanahan decided to make him into a tight end.

squicken

The Receiver core minus Garcon has been about as bad it can really get. Secondary is one of the worst in the league for sure.

Our o line has exceeded expectations. Can't tell how good the run blocking is...Morris makes a lot of shit happen that the backups can't replicate at all.

The Colts have a better defense. Probably not next year after the draft and we get healthy, but for now you guys are like 8 spots better. When you are second to last in passing defense it's nearly impossible to win games, but hopefully we'll be .500 tonight.

You guys got killed by those two injuries. I'd argue both defenses are bottom tier and that the Colts have just lucked out on the schedule. They give up yards and points when they play anyone decent. They just have had an absurdly easy schedule, and WAS hasn't

edit: Talon I forgot the Finnerman era with Vick. My bad man haha

Does no one remember watching Golden Tate before The Muscle saved his career? Give me a break. Same with Rice who has been a non-factor for two years. Russell is saving their careers.

TJACK and Clipboard Jesus were ruining Rice's career. Like AZ with Fitz. The next guy won't save his career. He'll just stop killing it.

btw I really like Russell. No qualifier. He's good and is everything you'd want in a except height. Sucks he ended up with Cheatin' Pete

eznark

Banned
Does no one remember watching Golden Tate before The Muscle saved his career? Give me a break. Same with Rice who has been a non-factor for two years. Russell is saving their careers.

LJ11

Yeah, and like I said, I've never heard anyone say the offensive line in Seattle is bad. They are good. Same with Washington. Though they are much better in run scheming than pass pro.

I don't think they have good talent on the line outside of Okung/Unger, Carpenter is average and Moffit is hurt. OL coach does a good job. Some coaches have a way of shining up turds, see Demetrius Bell.

Reid just said Foles is the Eagles starting QB for the rest of the year

Once Foles looked semi-competent in a game it was much easier to do this. Sucks for Vick since it sounds like he was working really hard and trying to get back on the field. My guess is he will be a Raider next year. If the Bills decided to get rid of Fitz I think Vick would be a great fit there.

Talon

Once Foles looked semi-competent in a game it was much easier to do this. Sucks for Vick since it sounds like he was working really hard and trying to get back on the field. My guess is he will be a Raider next year. If the Bills decided to get rid of Fitz I think Vick would be a great fit there.
If I'm Vick, the only thing I care about is a half competent offensive line.

Castillo doesn't seem like the type that would take shit like that

Top 10 O line or bust honestly.

Do people really doubt that he's at serious risk for CTE at this point, if he doesn't already have it already? The dog thing should have been evidence enough.

He should probably retire.

More on it (Mudd was apparently also a bit of a dick)

http://www.csnphilly.com/12/03/12/W...bcsportseagles.html?blockID=809145&feedID=692

Castillo is a good man who was put in an impossible situation. Washburn, a lifetime defensive coach who’s never been shy about speaking his mind and trampling anyone in his way, often made his disdain for Castillo clear.

Washburn operated apart from Castillo, running his own little defensive line fiefdom and often either ignoring Castillo or derisively calling him “Juanita” in front of his players, the veteran defensive player said. He was condescending and confrontational and embarrassed Castillo frequently in meetings and at practice and also went over the line criticizing his players at times.

The current Eagles assistant coach said both Washburn and Mudd looked down on the other position coaches, held themselves in higher regard than the others and rarely interacted with their colleagues.

"Did you ever see Howard or Wash walk off the field after practice with another position coach or one of the coordinators?" he said. "Nope. They were either by themselves or with each other."

MechDX

Hype in Houston is really starting to build. The city is a football powderkeg and always has been but this could get "Luv Ya Blue" crazylike. If the Texans find a way to beat the Patriots next week this town will go completely nuts.

bionic77

Anyone find out why Tomlin was looking so pissed at Harbaugh after the game last night?

It was weird because we won and you would think it would be the other way around.

That should be his priority but I doubt it will be. He seems like the kind of guy that believes he can make it work no matter what. He needs a team that has a good rushing game and fast WRs. His best skill is throwing the deep ball, so he needs to go somewhere he can do that. In 2010 he looked great cause the Eagles just let him play action and chuck it deep. Once teams took that away and he had to throw short to middle stuff if all fell apart.

Top Bottom